• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Freeze87: Cool! Didn't expect to meet the maker of Tom and Jerry here haha. You should add (Hive) at the back to differentiate yours with the unoriginal.

super_nova: Don't worry, i'll spread about it whenever i play online (not on DotA of course :p).

Level 6
@Raginbull: and more importantly, you must know what your spell doing and gives the specification...
Don't post it like this:
Raging Thunder: Caster calls upon hundreds of thunder to strike an area. Area of effect, number of thunder strikes and damage increases per level (i want the effect from *blablabla*)
You should give a specific one

Level 12
@BunnyAng: Okay, just make sure you give them what they wanted
@Freeze: I see its been a long time since you updated that map, so now you want to work on it again?

Yea, this is my last project in future i will just update my maps over time....And guys i writed on my loading screens that players download map only on Hive becouse fake versions but that didnt help.....So i must find better protection program then wc3 optimazer........Also Tom and Jerry 2013 will have lot more stuff than older versions....but i work alone and it is slow so i need help here :DDD

Level 10
I believe i played a version of it, not sure if it's fake or not. There was a bug where Jerry team can purchase a whole army of Tom cats if they base at the top right of the map and i was like WTF!!!!

Checkered Flag: super_nova's joking. Just request four spells for the meantime. defskul is not a miracle worker.

Yea, this is my last project in future i will just update my maps over time....And guys i writed on my loading screens that players download map only on Hive becouse fake versions but that didnt help.....So i must find better protection program then wc3 optimazer........Also Tom and Jerry 2013 will have lot more stuff than older versions....but i work alone and it is slow so i need help here :DDD
Creating a custom GUI action which does nothing and then use it in your map should work. Only people having this custom GUI action would be able to open it.

Level 12
@Freeze: I've just played your map with my friend, but dont you think the map is kinda small and flat?

Which version you played? Map is flat becouse mices must build lot of walls and surrorund the base so you cant have cliffs or lot of doodats...And it is small becouse is made to be a fast map....

But in new version you have more terrain type to chose, mini game and lot of new stuff....

Level 14
Here it is Freeze87! I added an extra feature, it will suck the damaged units towards the spinning tornado cat, pretty cool huh? But if you don't want that, I also made one without sucking :D
I can't understand this...
- I wont choise will unit stop if hit some matching building or unit or will move through them.
so, if you have a problem with your request, tell meeee~

Next is super_nova's "Ultimate Altillery".

Edit: DAMN!!! I forgot to put the "Loan System"! xD

Attachments

• Request - Dizzy Cat.w3x
    36.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 6
Here it is Freeze87! I added an extra feature, it will suck the damaged units towards the spinning tornado cat, pretty cool huh? But if you don't want that, I also made one without sucking :D

At last, someone doing my request.. :ogre_haosis:

Level 12

Great job man....this extra thing that you added is rly cool tnx man :D Just to ask you something, can i change delay time before unit start moving forward? And if it is not a problem can you do just one little change...to set that spell stops when unit hit building? :D

Also man you writed me that you can fix jump system for me when you finish here??

BunnyAng, super_nova: your idea is very good i will see to make something like that in future, but i alredy added totaly different mode in game ;)

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm not a Japanese BuddyAng... too bad -.-

No need to thank me Freeze87, we're all buddies here :D
I will not "fix" it, instead I will create a more suitable Jump System for your map so you will not have troubles fixin' again & again & again & again & agai...
And about the delay time & building collision, I will update it soon ;)

Yea we are all buddies :D If is not problem set that i can chose will unit stop when hit building or will not stop....Also about delay it will be nice if i can set that delay can be 0 (no delay at all), 0.5, 1 sec or more.....Becouse i dont know what will be the best :))

Level 6
How can I quit or change the ingame commands butons as "move, hold position, attack, patrol"?
I want to make some space and give for every player more skills to use.

Level 10
Level 14
you're a Japanese right?
Lmao thought you were Kyousuke.
Lmao! What a coincidence, 'cause I thought you were a bunny xD
Here's the Missile Barrage. Well, I didn't made it like GabyBoy's, but it's good too. If you have complains, tell it to your coolest buddy! And if that is not me... WTF! I won't fix it! xD

And your's too super_nova! Tell me if there is something I missed, I will fix it as soon as possible ;]

Fixed it Freeze87. Now, the tornado will not vanish instantly but will fadeout, the damage and sucking power is divided while the unit is just starting to spin (to make it realistic), you can choose whether or not to collide on buildings, and the delay is configurable. Damn, I'm so cool xD

Next is yours CheckeredFlag. But, I really have troubles making these kind of spells with WCIII buffs and pathings. I will try my best!

Attachments

• Request - Missile Barrage.w3x
    25.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Request - Ultimate Artillery.w3x
    24.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Request - Dizzy Cat.w3x
    38.1 KB · Views: 40
Level 6
Here's the Missile Barrage. Well, I didn't made it like GabyBoy's, but it's good too. If you have complains, tell it to your coolest buddy! And if that is not me... WTF! I won't fix it! xD

And your's too super_nova! Tell me if there is something I missed, I will fix it as soon as possible ;]

Fixed it Freeze87. Now, the tornado will not vanish instantly but will fadeout, the damage and sucking power is divided while the unit is just starting to spin (to make it realistic), you can choose whether or not to collide on buildings, and the delay is configurable. Damn, I'm so cool xD

Next is yours CheckeredFlag. But, I really have troubles making these kind of spells with WCIII buffs and pathings. I will try my best!

I've tested it, but you make it like defskull, can you make it like this

It launches a projectile toward 1200/1300/1400/1500 range every 0.6/0.5/0.4/0.3 seconds and enemy taking contact with the projectile will take damage, i'm sorry for the confusing abilities name
EDIT: the projectiles doesn't stop after hitting a target, it still goes right to the maximum range with a certain speed (maybe if u can, make it 1000/1200/1400/1600).

Level 12

Great job man, spell is good now :goblin_good_job: tnx

Level 10
@BunnyAng - How about clicking
reputation.gif
when someone helps you ;P
I will improve it sooner.

@super_nova - Do you mean, when the missile dies or when it hits a unit?

Yeah i know, i tried to +rep you but it says i need to spread repping before i can +rep you again :vw_sad:

Edit: Tried repping again but still the same.

Level 12
Here it is, test map so you can see what i need.....When i downloaded this system spell was set like this: Point A = position of jumping unit Point B = targeted point of ability being cast and unit jumps from poit A to Point B But i changed setting and made what i need: unit will not jump where you click with mouse, Mouse is used just to set direction of jump.....Unit will jump in direction where you clicked, on distance which you set in trigger....Problem is that unit can jump on boundary region...If you can just edit this system to prevent this, it will save you time....but you can make your version if you want but to be good as this one without this anoying problem, i recomend that you run test map to see how spell looks.... :goblin_yeah:

Attachments

• jumpsystem.w3x
    101.4 KB · Views: 35
Level 10
Well, seems like I'm needing help with a spell :p.

Spell Name: Death Strike
Number of Levels: 3
Mana Cost: 75 / 85 / 95
Cooldown: 30 / 20 / 10
Cast Type: Active
Target Type: Target Unit
Detailed Description: Hero jumps to a target within 750 range, which will always reach the target at 1.10 seconds no matter how far the target is and plays his spell slam animation when he jumps. Once he lands, he deals 120 / 240 / 360 pure damage in an AoE of 300. Once the spell is casted, the target will become immobile (but still able to attack or cast spell) until the hero reaches him.

Thanks a lot in advance buddy! :grin::grin::grin:

@BunnyAng: Give them the cast range buddy.. :)
Useless, it's easy to change in the object editor. And anyway he might have to change it for balancing issues in the future ^^'

Datas are useless in your requests, the only things that should be said are :

- Spell type (passive, active, passive with cooldown, activable, etc...)
- Target type (unit, object, both, none)
- What does it do ?
- What should be easily modifiable ? (optional)

For the last point, no need to precise for the obvious ones :
- object editor datas : mana cost, cooldown, range, aoe, number of levels, etc...
- variables such as : damages, duration, aoe, delay, projectile speed, etc...
So, it's kinda useless except for a few cases such as "description : throw 3 fireballs in a cone, each dealing X damages on their way to the enemies in a X aoe around them." and that the user wants to being able to modify the number of fireballs (which is not obvious due to the description saying 3 fireballs).

Level 4
Spell name: Death's Embrace
Description: Upon being hit by an enemy you have 10% chance to make him run in fear for 1.6 seconds.
Spell type: Passive
Cooldown: No
Mana cost: No
Bosses: 1/3 as effective as normal.

This is my spell, it's pretty hard for me and my friend and we have no idea how to make it. We don't care if u make it in GUI or vJASS.

Level 4
Spell name: Death's Embrace
Description: Upon being hit by an enemy you have 10% chance to make him run in fear for 1.6 seconds.
Spell type: Passive
Cooldown: No
Mana cost: No
Bosses: 1/3 as effective as normal.

This is my spell, it's pretty hard for me and my friend and we have no idea how to make it. We don't care if u make it in GUI or vJASS.

EDIT: Omfg sorry for double reply, my network lagged.

Level 33
No one really read the first post these days, eh ?
There is a format there to request spell(s), you know.

No problem so far.
I will be using Blademaster's model for this, because it has slam animation that fits perfectly.

Many people wants a debuff name "Fear" but let me get this straight.

Fear
Causes the unit to run aimlessly and the unit will not receive any order.

Is this the "Fear" you wanted ?

Also, for Boss, can you just make your Boss to Ancient-type unit ?
It's easy if you can make Bosses in your map as Ancient because trigger can differentiate between Ancient and non-Ancient, making the spell could interpret to deal 1/3 effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.