• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

===[NEW] Spell Workshop [NEW]===

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm not quite understand the "visual" of this spell.
How it works, actually ?
Sending a projectile, to where ?
Towards the target point ?
And where does it explode ?

If it explodes on the target point, how can the spell become "damage units in line" ?

It launches a projectile toward 1200/1300/1400/1500 range every 0.6/0.5/0.4/0.3 seconds and enemy taking contact with the projectile will take damage, i'm sorry for the confusing abilities name :vw_death:
EDIT: the projectiles doesn't stop after hitting a target, it still goes right to the maximum range with a certain speed (maybe if u can, make it 1000/1200/1400/1600).

Level 6
So, instead of exploding after initial contact with first target, it just moves on while damaging only once for that unit in contact ?
The exploding would occur on the max range of the ability, is it?

No man, you got the wrong idea..
it damages every unit that comes contact with it, not just once
yes, in the max range the projectiles (or should i say the bullets) will explode.

EDIT: I got a model that might be your references: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...lon-174265/?prev=search=Artillery&d=list&r=20
firing up his guns with this abilities!

Last edited:
Level 6
Of course man :)
I just giving you a little reference of how it might be..

EDIT: @defskull: i've been checking the ability again, and it seems something wrong about it, because the number of waves doesn't match with the actual.. its suppose to do damage in line every .6/.5/.4/.3 seconds, but it doesn't..
level 1 only did 7 waves, when it suppose to be at least 8 (5:0.6)
level 2 only did 9 waves, when it suppose to be 12 (6:0.5)
level 3 only did 12 waves, when it suppose to be at least 17 (7:0.4)
and level 4 only did 17 waves, when it suppose to be at least 26 (8:0.3)

its not the hero cast animation, because i've changed it and tested it

Last edited:
Level 14
CheckeredFlag said:
Man u are awesome, all of the spells are incredible i really luv it

Thanks man, that's really something :D

@super nova - You didn't gave me the details so I made one with many configurables. Just learn to use it (it's very easy) and style your own EPIC ravage-like spell !!

EDIT: Eh? Just noticed that Mr. Bean had already finished your request... oh well, it's nice to have one on defskull's too.

Attachments

• Request - Configurable Ravage.w3x
    29.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks man, that's really something :D

@super nova - You didn't gave me the details so I made one with many configurables. Just learn to use it (it's very easy) and style your own EPIC ravage-like spell !!

EDIT: Eh? Just noticed that Mr. Bean had already finished your request... oh well, it's nice to have one on defskull's too.

Yes, me too
I guess i'll use two of them now, one from you and one from him
Thx anyway! + rep

EDIT: @Kyousuke: You want to work on what spells now? I really want to learn about some of it anyway.

Level 6
Its a dota-like reincarnation, but of course a modification version of it
Has 3 level:
Required mana: 50/50/50% of maximum mana or 140/160/180 whichever is larger.

When hero is killed he will come back to life after 3 seconds delay, stunning nearby enemies by 1/1.25/1.5 seconds and deals damage equal to 10/20/30% Hero max hp at the cost of Hero 35/30/25% max hp.
AoE is 325/350/375.

• Will revive even if silenced on death. (this one was wc3 default)
• Will not revive if Hero does not have required mana.
• Will not revive if he dies on unpathable terrain. (this one was wc3 default)
• If Hero has an Reincarnation Item and this skill is not on cooldown upon death, this skill will trigger first. (this one was wc3 default)
• Revives with 65%/70%/75% HP and full mana.

Level 4
@kyousuke - well I still want my request done if possible. But I don't need it immediately right now so can you do super nova's first then mines?

@super nova - thanks for remembering that I still had a request :)

Level 6
I have a question (is not a spell, just a question):

How can I show in the upper left side of the screen the heroes that your ally players has picked? so you can heal them just casting over the avatar, or follow with a simple rigth click on it.

Level 1
charge ability?

can u make me a charge spell(not charged) where my unit makes fire on the ground after him(i am kinda noob at triggers :/ ) if u could help me ill rep u :D
:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

Level 6
Details Ex:
In TKoK and WoA Desert wind you play with only one heroe, but you can see the others players avatar icons so you can heal them more easely or follow them.

Level 6
Yes it is, very possible ... thanks again defskull (can't give rep to you because most spread some Reputation around before giving it to you again :-\

Level 14
I already gave him the test map, it's possible, Kyo, nova.

Oh, didn't know that. I was having the same troubles in the past. I guess I've just failed to solve it by myself.

@gumx - I've manage to finish yours earlier. Though, the "Chaos Punch" didn't turned out the way you wanted (I didn't made it like Barathrum's "Charge" spell). Please accept this.

Attachments

• Request - Chaos Brawler.w3x
    29.3 KB · Views: 51
Level 4
Oh, didn't know that. I was having the same troubles in the past. I guess I've just failed to solve it by myself.

@gumx - I've manage to finish yours earlier. Though, the "Chaos Punch" didn't turned out the way you wanted (I didn't made it like Barathrum's "Charge" spell). Please accept this.

Don't worry about. Thanks it's awesome! It's pretty much what I asked for so thanks a lot. +repx2
Hmm.. I still need to spread the rep around or something still... so I still owe you one more rep Kyousuke :)
Actually about the "Chaos Punch" I like it even more then what I have ask for! Now I owe you two more rep hahaha :D
I read the post about reps that en tropy gave me but i'm still lost so can someone explain to me how to spread it around? I know i'm a noob at reps.

Last edited:
Level 6
@gumx - Thank you :) Btw, you should change something in the "Loop" trigger. Delete the Animation - Change vertex coloring (transparency 100%) part and replace it with Unit - Hide TempUnitA. Same thing goes for Animation - Change vertex coloring (transparency 0%) but replace it with Unit - Unhide TempUnitA instead, then put Selection - Make (Owner of TempUnitA) select TempUnitA below the "Unhide" trigger. It will remove that uncool moving shadow of your hero.

@super_nova - Finished the Reincarnation spell, I just made it the way you wanted cuz I can't make a blizzard spell any cooler. So... here's the boring outcome.

Thx kyo, but when i check the code i can't find the situation of required manacost using 50% of max mana when its higher than 800/500/200
And when i check in game, there are times when the hero revived he didn't stun or damage nearby enemies
EDIT: Sorry i must spread rep first before i can give you another one

Level 4
@gumx - Thank you :) Btw, you should change something in the "Loop" trigger. Delete the Animation - Change vertex coloring (transparency 100%) part and replace it with Unit - Hide TempUnitA. Same thing goes for Animation - Change vertex coloring (transparency 0%) but replace it with Unit - Unhide TempUnitA instead, then put Selection - Make (Owner of TempUnitA) select TempUnitA below the "Unhide" trigger. It will remove that uncool moving shadow of your hero.

@super_nova - Finished the Reincarnation spell, I just made it the way you wanted cuz I can't make a blizzard spell any cooler. So... here's the boring outcome.

Alright Kyousuke thanks for the heads up for making the spell even cooler :D
hmmm... still can't rep u man so I am suppose to rep lots of people before re-reping u?????

Level 14
@super_nova - Oh, sorry about that. Alright I'll be honest, default WCIII spells really gives me a hard time configuring cuz of the fact that I don't really use 'em (only for the dummy units). I will try to fix it. Or...
Can you come up with something even cooler. I prefer making complicated but cool spell rather than a simple but boring spell.

@gumx - Uh, yeah that's how it works. But you don't have to +rep me everytime, only when you think that I've helped you in some ways (the "Loan System" is supposed to be a joke, don't mind me xD).

Level 6
@super_nova - Oh, sorry about that. Alright I'll be honest, default WCIII spells really gives me a hard time configuring cuz of the fact that I don't really use 'em (only for the dummy units). I will try to fix it. Or...
Can you come up with something even cooler. I prefer making complicated but cool spell rather than a simple but boring spell.

@gumx - Uh, yeah that's how it works. But you don't have to +rep me everytime, only when you think that I've helped you in some ways (the "Loan System" is supposed to be a joke, don't mind me xD).

I see..
Can u make Dota's Barathrum Charge of Darkness?
i would like to know how its done
EDIT: I also have a spellpack request if u want, and this one is a badass:

Hero's name: James Fury the Gunslinger

[R]apid Fire (Active)
The Gunslinger perform his rapid reloading style, increases his attack speed by short period.
1. Lasts for 3 attacks or 12 seconds.
2. Lasts for 4 attacks or 13 seconds.
3. Lasts for 5 attacks or 14 seconds.
4. Lasts for 6 attacks or 15 seconds.
Cooldown: 14 seconds.
Mana cost: 70/80/90/100
*Increasing attack speed by 300%.

Tripl[e] Shot (Active)
Fires three successive shot in a direction, damaging and slowing enemies in a line.
1. Deals 30 physical damage per bullet and applies 5(1st bullet)/10(2nd bullet)/15%(3rd bullet) movespeed slow.
2. Deals 50 physical damage per bullet and applies 7/14/21% movespeed slow.
3. Deals 70 physical damage per bullet and applies 9/18/27% movespeed slow.
4. Deals 90 physical damage per bullet and applies 10/20/30% movespeed slow.
Range: 650/675/700/725
Slow last: 3.5 seconds.
Delay between each shot: 0.04
Cooldown: 12 seconds.
Mana cost: 100

We[a]pon Shot (Passive)
The Gunslinger mastering the art of weapon shooting, allows him to disarm his enemies and deals extra damage once in a while.
1. Disarm opponent and deals 1.4x damage critical.
2. Disarm opponent and deals 1.6x damage critical.
3. Disarm opponent and deals 1.8x damage critical.
4. Disarm opponent and deals 2.0x damage critical.
Disarm last: 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 16/14/12/10 seconds.

Focused sho[t] (Active)
Take time to focus on an enemy for a while, then release a far more precision shot from a longer range.
1. Deals 255 plus 10% of target maximum hp as damage, a mini stun for 0.2 seconds and tappering 20% movespeed slow for 3.5 seconds upon hit.
1. Deals 305 plus 20% of target maximum hp as damage, a mini stun for 0.3 seconds and tappering 25% movespeed slow for 3.5 seconds upon hit.
1. Deals 355 plus 30% of target maximum hp as damage, a mini stun for 0.4 seconds and tappering 30% movespeed slow for 3.5 seconds upon hit.
Range: 1700/2200/2700
Casting time: 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 50/40/30 seconds.
Mana cost: 150/200/250
*When casting, The Gunslinger gains a vision of its target and loss it when interupted. The vision also reveals the target unit if its turned invisible.

Last edited:
Level 4

Hmmm.. I just laugh at the loan system. I just rep u once for each spell but, I only could rep u once. So, I want to rep u for the second spell and for the better idea of the Chaos Punch but, reping is just troubling me now. haha

Level 3
Hello, I would like to req some spells
Spell Req

Frozen
Description: on every attack at the same unit adds 1 stacks (max of 6) on the attacked unit every stacks Slows the target , 1 = 2% 2 = 4% 3 = 6% , 4 = 8% , 5 = 10% , 6 = Froze's for 1.5 Seconds

Levels: 1

Additional Information
- Passive
- Shows a buff which shows the number of stacks
- Shows a buff when frozed
- Slow Duration 3 Seconds
Freezing Area
Description: Frozes all the units in the AoE for 4 Seconds Dealing 10/15/20/25/30 Damage Per Second when frozed

Levels: 5

Additional Information
- Active
- AoE : 400
- Castime : 0.5 Seconds
- Shows a buff when Frozed
- Cooldown : 24/22/20/18/16
- Mana Cost : 80/90/100/110/120
Frozen Death
Description: Instantly Explodes units that has Frozen Buff removing the buff then stunning for .5 seconds deals 60/75/80/85/90 Damage

Additional Information
- Active, Instant
- Cd : 70,65,60,55,50
- Manacost : 100/110/120/130/140
- Can only be used if a unit is frozen, frozed
Blizzard
Description: Created a Blizzard instantly dealing 6/7/8/9/10 Hp Per Second to nearby enemy units, slows hostile units by 10/12/14/16/18%.

Additional Information
- Active + Passive
- Can be Enabled/Disabled
- Drains 10/15/20/25/30 mana
- on every 5 seconds inside the AoE adds a Frozen Stack (like the 1st spell)
- AoE 700
Frozen Missle
Description: Fires a Bolt of ice to the targeted unit deals 200/300/350 damage and Frozes for 4 seconds

Levels: 3

Additional Information
- Active
- Target : unit
- When it hits the unit deals 100/200/250 on nearby units in the targeted unit and slows by 20% for 4 seconds (aoe 300)
- Cooldown : 160/150/140
- Manacost : 150/200/250

Level 4
Hey I got two more request when you guys are done with the others. :D

Strikes the world
Description: The hero calls bolts of lightning to strike the field randomly. Each bolt does 450 damage pure. Last 30 seconds and as time passes the lightnings strikes even faster.

Levels:1

Additional Information
- I want the strike the field randomly in a 5000 AOE please
-

Striking Thunder Cloud
Description: The hero summons a cloud that strikes his foe whenever the hero attacks. Cloud deals 200 damage per attack damage cooldown .50 seconds. Cloud has 700 range.

Additional Information
- This spell is very similar to Razor's Eye of the Storm spell in Dota. But I want this one to attack only the unit that the hero is attacking.
- Can the could be the one from the spell unholy frenzy? I don't like importing things it always goes wrong for me

Thanks!! :D

Level 6
Hey I got two more request when you guys are done with the others. :D

Strikes the world
Description: The hero calls bolts of lightning to strike the field randomly. Each bolt does 450 damage pure. Last 30 seconds and as time passes the lightnings strikes even faster.

Levels:1

Additional Information
- I want the strike the field randomly in a 5000 AOE please
-

Striking Thunder Cloud
Description: The hero summons a cloud that strikes his foe whenever the hero attacks. Cloud deals 200 damage per attack damage cooldown .50 seconds. Cloud has 700 range.

Additional Information
- This spell is very similar to Razor's Eye of the Storm spell in Dota. But I want this one to attack only the unit that the hero is attacking.
- Can the could be the one from the spell unholy frenzy? I don't like importing things it always goes wrong for me

Thanks!! :D

You need to give more specification, the 1st ability strikes randomly? randomly target/aoe and also give the rate
For the 2nd ability, do the strike happen before the hero actual attack or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.