• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 16 - TANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Tada. Mesh and UVWrapping is done. And yes, that gray barrel will glow team color when it's done. The poly count is 2446.

Attachments

• Tada.png
    Tada.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
  • Tada2.png
    Tada2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 172
  • Tada3.png
    Tada3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • Tada4.png
    Tada4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 127
  • Tada5.png
    Tada5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 182
Level 31
It's a bit plain on the sides like the outside of the tracks its like a grey slab but the rest of the tank looks nice.

Hmm your right. Should I add guns to it maybe? Not sure what else to do.

EDIT: I shrunk the sides down and now it looks fine. :D

Strange. My tank also has a fuel canister on the back... with the same sign.

lol. Which tank? This one or a previous one?

Last edited:
Level 26
Pyramidhe@d. awesome tank :D the custom texture is great. But it almost looks like it has an open cockpit... almost like there should be someone sitting atop the turret driving it ;D

EDIT: Btw, i guess that it is time for me to post a WIP of my tank.... looks very technical huh?.... lots of lines and dots and stuff :/ .... completely useless picture though, have to keep some of it a surprise

Untitled 654.PNG

Last edited:
Level 36
Tada. Mesh and UVWrapping is done. And yes, that gray barrel will glow team color when it's done. The poly count is 2446.

What a shame, even the WIPs of your former tank looks better >.>

View attachment 76978

anyways, here is my WiP
had this for few days and i have finished my tank. the finished version will be shown on whether i decide to make a different tank or not.

That looks DAMN nice, hope to see it finished, and I just wanted to point out that it rather looks like it could be an Ork form of tank :p (warhammer 40000 ofc)

New WIP
Tried to texture it a bit i now it looks ugly.

Exercise is the best way to become better and better. Just keep trying.

Oh, btw, here is new image showing my tank in destroyed state:

attachment.php

Animations are done now. now I just need to add some attachment points and particle effects and of course other goodies.

Last edited:
That looks DAMN nice, hope to see it finished, and I just wanted to point out that it rather looks like it could be an Ork form of tank :p (warhammer 40000 ofc)

the decal idea is indeed from an ork deffkopta.
ork_deffkopta_details_03.jpg

just painted one and couldnt resist doing a similar one. The main body was based on ww1,2 tanks but turned out looking like a lemen. except those two points, i can proudly say the rest are my idea or my ideas based on all the accumulative researches i had over the years.

Level 31
There isnt necessarily anything wrong, and it does look like a decent tank. But your first one looked pretty damn neat, while this one simply looks... Plain, in comparration. Might just be me having an eye for inovation >.>

It's the same tank...I just replaced the legs with wheels for polies sake, and removed that retarded cockpit. And, I added a texture... The previous version looked so good because I worked my magic with the Mental Ray renderer in 3ds max 2010. It could never look that good in a piece of crap like WC3. D:

Level 4
It's the same tank...I just replaced the legs with wheels for polies sake, and removed that retarded cockpit. And, I added a texture... The previous version looked so good because I worked my magic with the Mental Ray renderer in 3ds max 2010. It could never look that good in a piece of crap like WC3. D:

I think so too.I dont know why but legs looked more ... wonderfull!

Level 31
It doesnt neccesarily have to have legs, just be more inovative. As is right now, your model looks like what just about anyone would think of when they hear the word "Tank" >.>

That COULD be a good thing though.

That's the reason I made it like that. D: The mods are really pushing for a basic tank structure. If the next contest is a mech contest, I will make something likewise. :D

Looks good so far.The spiky thing in the front could use some more work.

True, I'm thinking about makeing the spikes a bit bigger. I'm mostly worried about my animations, only my second attempt at animating a full on unit xD

I didnt use concept, just started making lol...

so far it has

Stand
Stand - 2
Attack - 1
Attack - 2
Walk

to do list:
Team Color(Need to learn how to do that first too lol)
Attack Slam
Spell
Death
Add Special effects to the attack animation
Add Missles to the missiles launcher
Add Light to the lights
Add Morph Alternate
Alternate animations

Idk how to add particles to animations, or make the tread move yet. Any one know any tutorials for that?

Will these models be tested? I hope so cause I have a feeling it will look a lot better in game!

Level 26
Forgotten Warlord, i regret to inform you that morphing units will not be accepted in this competition, This rule was added on about a week or so ago for numerous reasons.

Predominately,
1. Morph animations would increase time necessary to finish said models, and as such, defeat the purpose of an "easy tank" theme
2. Not all contestants are making a morphing unit, the extra animations would certainly make the entries uneven to judge.
3. there has already been a morphing unit competition, and we hope to avoid repeating themes.
You are, however, perfectly within your rights to give your models numerous spell animations, or alternate animations (assuming that the alternate animations are from upgrades and not from morphing)

This rule has been in the first post for quite some time

Forgotten Warlord, i regret to inform you that morphing units will not be accepted in this competition, This rule was added on about a week or so ago for numerous reasons.

Predominately,
1. Morph animations would increase time necessary to finish said models, and as such, defeat the purpose of an "easy tank" theme
2. Not all contestants are making a morphing unit, the extra animations would certainly make the entries uneven to judge.
3. there has already been a morphing unit competition, and we hope to avoid repeating themes.
You are, however, perfectly within your rights to give your models numerous spell animations, or alternate animations (assuming that the alternate animations are from upgrades and not from morphing)

This rule has been in the first post for quite some time

oh ok :/ Well I was just going to make it turn the head lights on and off but oh well I guess I'll add that after the competition....

Status
Not open for further replies.