• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #13 - Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
This is my model in game. I only need to make the death animation and I'll be pretty much done.

Attachments

• Shrine.jpg
    Shrine.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 211
WIP:

I'm currently doing both skin and wrap. I know I should do the wrap first then the skin, but I had no choice.

The wrap is currently messy on the main building (the front roof isn't defined yet as for the chimney). The nipper is done.
As i'm working on my laptop, I'm using 3dsmax9. I'll export to 3dsmax5 later (when the wrap and the skin are done)

The red part is supposed to be team color. Alpha is not well rendered.

I'll post another screen when the wrap and the skin are done.

Attachments

• WIP3.jpg
    WIP3.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 159
  • base texture.jpg
    base texture.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 124
Level 11
Well, I think I'm going to attempt a custom skin for this thing. I tried fitting it to some ingame texture, but unless anyone has a suggestion for another suitable one to try, this is how it's looking now, with Northrend Doodad texture. I didnt get to unwrapping all of it onto it yet, but see for yourself how 'ugh' it looks.

Attachments

• utgardeskinned1.JPG
    utgardeskinned1.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 198
Level 11
Well I decided to finish unwrapping it to that, in case i get lazy or my failskills in texturing defeat me. It looks adequate, but I'll be attempting a custom skin preferably.

Attachments

• utgardeskinned2.JPG
    utgardeskinned2.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 204
Level 14
Well, first of, I wanted to use IG textures (and I started the wrap with it) but I really wanted to build my own texture.

But if you think it'll be better, i'll do so.

by the way, the ground is going to change of course. i didn't work on it yet.

Don't add a ground to it, I think it'll look dumb (Unless... it's like metal floor) :(

Status
Not open for further replies.