1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #4 - Puzzle & Mystery

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by -Kobas-, Jun 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Guys, I'm going to be in Turkey soon (July 18-July 25), and since I just might not get a computer with me there, I probably won't be able to judge the contest directly after the deadline, but don't worry, I'll be here on July 26, but don't be alarmed, I'm going to start reviewing any complete maps if anyone's interested just so I can speed up the process.
    McKill's map has been judged already in some areas and Figueiredo's map :)
    I hope this won't be an inconvinience :/

2. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Meh, sadly i won't Be able to finish in Time, i'm on holiday Till 23rd.

3. Zanar

Zanar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Since my last WIP I wasn't doing much on my map but today I spent 3 hours working on it and made 1 puzzle (lol).

Heres WIP2:

Attached Files:

4. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ooh! so good Zanar, the camera was more comfortable than I thought, but the light is still a problem for me, find the 4 books in that darkness was impossible, I had to use the "Iseedeadpeople" to find it. And good idea the fact of have to read the four books in front of the gate :D

But I think that this is a little piece work compared with the other entrys :( Good luck!

5. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Thinks: "YAY! Less maps ^^"

Says: "Awww..."

6. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Guuuurl whatchyu doin in TURKEY?

7. commoe

commoe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I read that in my mom's voice

8. Figueiredo00

Figueiredo00

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    almost finishing the disease puzzle right now, it's much better than i expected , i had some new ideas in the process that made the whole thing better ;D

and about Ghost in the shell, Yeah, one of the best episodes of the serie , and one of the best's animes that i watched. that scene where the Major uses the gun of Saito against that armored suit was epic too :goblin_jawdrop:

@GamerCreutz

Thank you for testing :D
    im increasing the difficult of the game gradually, and maybe tomorrow i can release a second version.

@Zanar

I tested your map something about 5 times. Use the books to complete the puzzle was a nice touch :D
    but , as before, your units start walking correctly , however, somehow the animation gets stuck in a odd loop.

i dont know how to fix it, i can't even create this kind of system of movimentation, just reporting the bug that i found.

9. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool :goblin_good_job: then i will test it again and report back :3

10. Jazztastic

Jazztastic

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I was going for the kindof black girl question voice (if you don't know why I mean by this, don't ask lol), but if it sounds like your mom, that's cool too :ogre_hurrhurr:

11. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm finished! xD Ok guys... The Core of the Mirror is waiting for reviews!! :D

Good luck for the other participants.

Take note of this!! I know that the second puzzle it's too hard for the people who doesn't like puzzles, so, do you know the "WASD" movement system? W:Up A:Left S:Down and D:Right. This is the exactly combination that you have to introduce when you enter in the puzzle:

dsawdssawasddwwaassdd

Attached Files:

12. Figueiredo00

Figueiredo00

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Kays , i'm sure that you posted the wrong map... it's exactly like your first wip, and completely different than your latest wips.:vw_wtf:

I finished one of the puzzles. now i will take a break and make the rest of the map . If the things goes right, i will be able to post my wip too.

13. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The trick is upload a first wip which is a really bullshit, and then all will think I'm a newcomer, and after that, upload the good version :D

14. Figueiredo00

Figueiredo00

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    :D
    well, now i tested your map, and i have to say, its a incredible job that you made, i really enjoyed playing your game. :ogre_love:

15. busterkomo

busterkomo

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I can judge since I certainly won't have the time to finish my map (my progress: I almost decided on the dimensions of the map).

16. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks :) I always try to make my maps cleanest as possible, and also is the first time that I use that kind of systems of movement of the doodads, and when I look the result I'm satisfied with my work :D

The only problem that I saw is the fact that my entry isn't so mysterious... :S and It hasn't nothing of action, I mean, it needs enemies in the dungeon and critters :(

And it's great for me to have the opinion of the one that I think's the best wip of the contest at the moment.

Good Luck!

17. Figueiredo00

Figueiredo00

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah , i noticed, you did a hell of a job with those doodads, im still trying to figure out how did you did that :D

and about the critters, i dont think you need to put some enemies in the dungeon, for example, my map has humans chasing one of the enemies generals, and at the same time trying to survive.
    But in your case, the shaman is already dead lol. I liked the sensation of solitude in the dungeon, looks like if you dont solve the puzzle you will be trapped there forever .

Now i will be working on my map, i have only something like 50 % now, and only 6-8 days to finish it:ogre_rage:
    good luck to you too. :grin:

18. KayS

KayS

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That's what I thought :thumbs_up:

19. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    *Writes a list of stuff for busterkomo to do while I'm chilling in Turkey* xD
    Just kidding, we both have to judge all the maps anyway :p

-----
    I'm writing a template for all the maps so I can easily insert each grade and a comment ^^

We be trollin up the country mon :ogre_datass:

20. SA Dashie

SA Dashie

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Resources:
    ha I found bugs with the game reset system when I could be bothered to make computers valid so don't worry about my last WIP and also a have quit a thew things left up my sleeve that I forgot I had and a thew extras to make it an intense puzzle :thumbs_up:[​IMG].

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.