• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #3 - Minicraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Some lil screenies. The basic stuff and gameplay is done. Now for the stuff that makes the game a lil more interesting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HoGScreenie_01.JPG
    HoGScreenie_01.JPG
    176.2 KB · Views: 209
  • HoGScreenie_02.JPG
    HoGScreenie_02.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 197
  • HoGScreenie_03.JPG
    HoGScreenie_03.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 194
  • HoGScreenie_04.JPG
    HoGScreenie_04.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 227
Here's my first test version.

http://upload.willhost.it/1/21uua.w3x

To be added:
Collision physics
Scoring system
Multiboard
Abilities
Good(er) terrain
Options (rounds/difficulty)

LOL? Isn't that the entire map xD xD
For Collision Physics, you should try SEE (Simple Entity Engine).
(That was way too obvious lol)

--------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question for you Cweener. What's your favorite weather? :D
Sunny days? Cold ones? Partly Cloudy days? :p

If you knew why I wanted to know, you'd think I was a genius xD

I'm directing the same question to you IA.

Level 4
Hey :) iam thinking of participating in tbut i have few questions. I suppose judges wont look on triggers thinks, y? Cause i dont know much about leaking iam just making something useful and fun. Another question is what the hell is WIP? And how can I post my map? I have never participated in any competition here on hive so I hope someone can help me :)

Level 11
Hey :) iam thinking of participating in tbut i have few questions. I suppose judges wont look on triggers thinks, y? Cause i dont know much about leaking iam just making something useful and fun. Another question is what the hell is WIP? And how can I post my map? I have never participated in any competition here on hive so I hope someone can help me :)

WIP = work in progress

As far as what the judges look at, go to the first page and it says how your map is judged, the categories for judging and all that stuff

But they wont necessarily directly judge your triggers. However, if your map starts to lag due to leaks, points will probably be taken off

Attach your map to your post when you wanna put the wip or submit your final entry. Just click on "go advanced" and then scroll down and you will see "manage attachments"

TDA

TDA

Level 4
OMG Someone said he's doing a "Race"

I allso Came up with a race Ideea, and I think I'm gonna try to participate

I hope you don't mind, that we both have Races.

Let's just not make the same thing k?
Mines Is Deaply Inspired By Disney's Hercules Game (The best 2D game of all time)

P.S.

Just in case you do mind that I also have a race, think of it as a contest within a contest (Who makes the better Race)

Level 11
Updated WIP
Includes a pretty poorly made a.i. :p
But at least you can get a feel for what the game will (hopefully) be :D

I plan on adding probably 4 more spells/weapons including an additional projectile, and some path kinda things (mines, fire trail, etc.)

Lemme know whatcha think :)
I want peoples opinions on the healthbars, should i show the health as floating text? or just the normal health bar above the unit?

EDIT:

Btw TDA, do this on initialization

Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Enable selection circles)

That will make all players unable to select any units. (much easier and better than having to make triggers for if a player selects the runner :p)
Also,

Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
To hide the health bars.
Oh, and also leaks are easy to remove, instead of ordering a unit to move to a location, set a "point" variable to that location and then remove it.
like this: TempLoc = PolarProjection(blahblah)
Order Unit to move to TempLoc
custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Attachments

• MiniGame0.02.w3x
    160.1 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
OMG Someone said he's doing a "Race"

I allso Came up with a race Ideea, and I think I'm gonna try to participate

I hope you don't mind, that we both have Races.

Let's just not make the same thing k?
Mines Is Deaply Inspired By Disney's Hercules Game (The best 2D game of all time)

P.S.

Just in case you do mind that I also have a race, think of it as a contest within a contest (Who makes the better Race)

Yeah I don't mind :)

Have you opened the map? Id like to see you do what I did in 2 hours.

Actually I didn't have time to look at it :p
It just made me lol :p
Like when I saw this guy in one of those really old contests in the archive; He uploaded a WiP and said: "I just have to do the terrain, the triggers, and the object editor data" xD

---
I checked it out
Nice :D

can i create more maps to put in the contest or just one??

btw, sorry that im a bit noobish :D, but what does this mean "must post a WIP of their map" ?

Just one, I don't think you'll manage to create multiple maps with a good quality any way.

By WIP, we mean like post screenshots and maybe even the map file before the deadline so we know you're working on it and still in the contest.
WIP = Work in progress.

Level 7
thx... im not gonna win it anyway :D i made a map and i think its quite crap, but im not totally sure if i can create something better... so i thought of a starting a new one while still posting this :D

and yes... so is this enough?

Level 28
What do you mean with enough? Just the map itself with no triggers and no object editor work at all then no not enough. For terrain only? I think you can work it out better.
I think he meant whether that's enough to be accepted as a WIP or not (or something like that), but I'm not sure either ^^

If that was his question, then yes: it is enough for us to know you're working on it.
But a WIP has more purposes: people can comment on them and give you feedback so you know what to improve, and unfortunately that's hardly possible when you submit a screenshot as a WIP (this is your own choice).

Level 22
Ah I see.

For terrain purposes it's absolutly fine with pictures don't you agree ac0 (yes a bit more zoom and probably in-game is better but still a picture)? Code and object editor work are though something different to show with a picture.

4 judges? You gotta' be kiddin' with me? I'm going to die.

Level 8
Damn Thrikodius, those look nice!

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, singleplayer, pretty standard Bomberman game style. Just in the Super Mario universe. Kill all enemies, and survive. This is level 1, probably gonna be 5 of them, with increasing difficulty.
This is still early work. I need to implement some sort of rating system, so that it would look more fun.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_041311_225346_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041311_225346_01.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 163
  • WC3ScrnShot_041311_230107_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_041311_230107_01.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 205
Level 28
Damn Thrikodius, those look nice!

attachment.php

attachment.php

So, singleplayer, pretty standard Bomberman game style. Just in the Super Mario universe. Kill all enemies, and survive. This is level 1, probably gonna be 5 of them, with increasing difficulty.
This is still early work. I need to implement some sort of rating system, so that it would look more fun.

Another Mariothemed map. :D

Level 11
New WIP!
Try typing "-minemadness" ;)
btw, move with the arrow keys

It might lag a little cause of all the dummy units being created; idk how i would fix that tho :O
But it wasnt bad for me when i tested, just a tiny bit of lag (with -minemadness)

Attachments

• MiniGame0.03.w3x
    201.8 KB · Views: 64
Level 6
New WIP!
Try typing "-minemadness" ;)
btw, move with the arrow keys

It might lag a little cause of all the dummy units being created; idk how i would fix that tho :O
But it wasnt bad for me when i tested, just a tiny bit of lag (with -minemadness)

Looking pretty nice. :)

I didn't get a bit of lag.

Also, might I recommend something like SCII's system for fliers, where when you have a flying unit selected it gives you a little thing directly on the ground below it so you can see where you're flier is at.

Level 11
Looking pretty nice. :)

I didn't get a bit of lag.

Also, might I recommend something like SCII's system for fliers, where when you have a flying unit selected it gives you a little thing directly on the ground below it so you can see where you're flier is at.

And thats what the shadow is for xD

Btw, do you like the floating text to show health? or do you think the regular health bar would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.