• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #3 - Minicraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Okay, let me think... I got homework and such to do, plus I'm playing nothing else but WoW hor this week because I don't want to waste the free month I got... plus I got boxing to do... still, itshould be plenty of time for this kind of map... and I expect there are going to be a lot of submissions this time.

Level 10
I might be in, I'll try out my idea first.

Idea reservation: You are lost in some kind of environment (Probably adjustable), and you are racing to find the way to civilization, and you will have to face challenges.

Should I give credits to you guys for idea :xxd:
161106-albums3679-picture41723.jpg

Btw check dudes attached below :p

Attachments

• 1_resize.JPG
    1_resize.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 119
  • 2_resize.JPG
    2_resize.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 115
Level 7
1 Question: How big may the map be, since i read rules and found nothing abut that. Like, is the max size 32x32 or something else.

Maybe try to join too, if i can see how hard will be triggering, cause my skills are low on that. 1 Word about type: Gamble

Level 28
1 Question: How big may the map be, since i read rules and found nothing abut that. Like, is the max size 32x32 or something else.

Maybe try to join too, if i can see how hard will be triggering, cause my skills are low on that. 1 Word about type: Gamble
There's no limit.
Just keep in mind that larger terrains are:
1) Harder to create.
2) Can greatly increase the game's duration (and the rules DO say something about time).

The map size just depends on what kind of game you are creating. I wouldn't make it too big though...

do i still have time? if i do i'll join in!
If your question is whether you're still allowed to join, then yes.
If you're wondering whether you've got enough time to finish the map: I don't know :|

Level 7
So i will try to take part too then. And here is my first WIP.

View attachment Peons gamble.w3x

Info:

Atm this is still a punch of triggers. The game type is a gamble game(more info in map). I would be VERY happy, if someone, who knows about triggering, could check it and give some constructive critisism, since im kinda new when it comes to triggering. Needed to do create a system what could controll and compare poker combinations. Its still in eary wip, so isnt playable and triggers aint linked to each other yet(cause it needs many more). But if your interested, then have a go and check it out.

Obviously, they didn't mean to be that offensive. They just speak of someone else, with a more obvious experience in mapping/modding.

RIGHT! That's.. That's exactly what they meant *whisper*: nice save ;)*/whisper*

LOL

Btw, The_Olorin, don't you think it's still pretty early to submit a WiP?
I could help you if you want cuz i called DIBS!
haha! You're mine now!
Stay back people, i called DIBS first :p

haha

Anyways, as an opponent, i would gladly help you, but only in general (I am NOT going to make a map for you xD)

Good luck to everyone ... again lol

just because i dont publicly express my mapping and modding to hive doesnt mean i dont have experience. And to be honest i think garfield meant that in the most possible offensive way.

I think he dissed you Garfield.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
haha

Relax you guys, I agree with InfinateAnswers (I can relate somehow)
Just because he didn't upload any maps, doesn't mean he sux at it! .. Well it doesn't mean he's good at it either, but still :p ... You can't judge a person like that.

Now... back on topic: I like ponies now xD

EDIT: What i just said reflected ALOT about my sig xD

Level 20
just because i dont publicly express my mapping and modding to hive doesnt mean i dont have experience. And to be honest i think garfield meant that in the most possible offensive way.

You should express your skills then. It's like letting a guy with few posts and rep judge, the only difference is that you made your posts by posting things irrelevent to modding (except for questions on forum) and getting rep by asking for it.
I'm just being objective.

i think somewhere in the rules of commenting on someones recourse is, dont say its good and thats all. You have you make a constructive response stating why its good, or what can be done to make it better, otherwise its just like spam.

Were you commenting on my sig?
It's just a sig man ;p
Constructive critisism is important, but I was trying to make ... make... a .. Statement! .. yeah that works :p

Now seriously people: Let InfinateAnswers judge! Move on people!
I mean seriously (and i thought i was the kid :ain:)

Back to the mapping: Any ideas? I dunno if a race is good enough :p

Level 28
The judges need to look at a few things:

• Concept
  • Enjoyability
  • Going Green (basically how good you use the available size of the map).
  • Playability
  • Aesthetics

I don't see a lot of stuff which requires you to need extreme mapping skills to judge.
I don't know InfinateAnswers and don't know what he is (not) capable of, but saying he cannot judge because he "isn't skilled at mapping" is quite lame.
Basically because you don't need to be skilled at mapping to judge - of course this could be in your advantage and you must have a minimum of mapping skills, but that's where it ends.

I also asked to be a judge, and if InfinateAnswers stays judge then I guess all positions are filled (if I get to be a judge, since 2 judges is already good).

Level 7
LOL

Btw, The_Olorin, don't you think it's still pretty early to submit a WiP?
I could help you if you want cuz i called DIBS!
haha! You're mine now!
Stay back people, i called DIBS first :p

Why not post a WIP if i could get a feedback what can help me.
And btw i wanted to ask that if poker would be acceptable for mini-game, cause i started to think that its not into this theme very much. So is it suitable for this contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.