• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Mapping Contest #3 - Minicraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
But a WIP has more purposes: people can comment on them and give you feedback so you know what to improve, and unfortunately that's hardly possible when you submit a screenshot as a WIP (this is your own choice).
and ahimtar i think you should have given an explanation of your idea based on your terrain so people could comment.
thanks guys, thats what i wanted to know - if its just for you to know im making something, or is it better to tell you the whole idea :) so here is the download of the map - Portal run, not very complicated though, just a simple run-to-end map with some features - like that you can control every player´s runners :) (i dont think it has any chance of winning, but still want to try it :D)
now im about to create a dialogue about number of rounds, and maybe more types of runners...

Level 14
thanks guys, thats what i wanted to know - if its just for you to know im making something, or is it better to tell you the whole idea :) so here is the download of the map - Portal run, not very complicated though, just a simple run-to-end map with some features - like that you can control every player´s runners :) (i dont think it has any chance of winning, but still want to try it :D)
now im about to create a dialogue about number of rounds, and maybe more types of runners...

Its very confusing. I played it by myself. Some of the portals were really not helpful. You need to add some help info (Quests(Suggestion))

WIP coming soon!

TDA

TDA

Level 4
wolfman said:

I want peoples opinions on the healthbars, should i show the health as floating text? or just the normal health bar above the unit?

Btw TDA, do this on initialization

Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Enable selection circles)

That will make all players unable to select any units. (much easier and better than having to make triggers for if a player selects the runner :p)
Also,

Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
To hide the health bars.
Oh, and also leaks are easy to remove, instead of ordering a unit to move to a location, set a "point" variable to that location and then remove it.
like this: TempLoc = PolarProjection(blahblah)
Order Unit to move to TempLoc
custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)

Thanks for the advice,

I alredy knew the concept for removing location leaks, I just didn't boder to try it out yet, but thanks for suming it up for me again.

Also the selection trigers You gave me ware a bit twested, so I ended up using

• Events: Player 1 selects a unit
  • Conditions:[Trigering unit] Not equal to Control Panel
  • Actions: Select Control Panel for Player 1
This also alows me to make selection interactions with the envirement (Something I have planed for since the begining)

Tank you for your help.

Also I like the health bars just the way they are (Noumbers)

EDIT:

Ahh! horse feathers!

I'm not making progres at all.

I somethimes get an anoying bug when saving the map.
It takes longer to save, and it dosent save properly
I keep On loosing my work

Last time it went one step further and the entire map fie disapeard!

Can anyone tell me why? Cause It's realy pissing me of. And I am to lasy to start over a 3rd time.
If I loose my data one more time I'm out of the competition.

please if you can help me get rid of the bug (and don't tell me to save more often Cause I do it a lot)

Last edited:
Is it me or did Level 1 seem the hardest?
Also, use this to stop selecting them stupid crates.
  • Lock
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 6 (Orange) to |cffb8860bCrate Mover|r 0854 <gen>, offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • -------- do this --------
      • Selection - Select |cffb8860bCrate Mover|r 0854 <gen> for Player 6 (Orange)
      • Game - Disable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
      • Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
      • Game - Disable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
As a judge, I am allowed to provide basic help right?

Level 14
I got some good news.

Progress is going good.

Hopefully soon you shall be able to progress throughout most of the levels.

Features Planned:
Timed Mode - Limited time to complete a level
Action Limit Mode - You only have a limited amount of moves.
-restart function ~You will be able to restart the current level.
Death Mode - Using the restart function on this mode will take you back to level one!

Also I got a nasty bug in the movement system fixed.

Level 51
attachment.php

prepare to get owned.

Attachments

• Dudemania.JPG
    Dudemania.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 319
Level 11

Also, maybe you could make the unit actually jump forward if he is already moving when jump is casted.
And is the forcefield supposed to score a point for the opponent :O lol I think you should make it not give anyone points xD

EDIT:
GetOwningPlayer(GetFilterUnit())==Player(0) or GetOwningPlayer(GetFilterUnit())==Player(1)
yeah you have to add another condition so that if owner is neutral passive it wont give any points lol. Cause as of now, the forcefield will always score for team 2 :)
But i would still make the ball bounce off it, just give nobody points, like i said before. And i just thought of this, if you do the jump forward thing, you should make them able to jump over the forcefield if they time it right and jump right before they run into it, that would be pretty cool :D

also, is there an easy way to disable players ability to order any unit to move by using right click? (i want people to only use arrow keys for movement)
I could just create dummy units and stuff, but just wanna know if theres an easier way

Last edited:
Level 51
Hey, guys i post my WIP soon but i really recommend you to play it in at least 6 players. Alsa i want to ask if judges will play it with more ppl. because my map wont be fun in two players and cant be payed as single player.

wanted to ask that too. My map will be made for at least 4 players to make good fun. Will the judges get some sort of team to test these kind of maps?

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Ok heres the WIP you can play up to level 5.

For some reason the movement system bugs out on certain levels.

This is causing me some frustration. But I will find a way.

Dude...

I like the game, but It has a very comercial look right now.
Make it be more estetic, and less stiff

Try to replace the move (Instantly) action with actual move orders, so it would feel nicer.
Your game feels like one of those 1978 Cibernetic Arcade Games, wich bombard you with irritating bliping noises every time you press a button.

at least make the peon face away from the place he just moved from. hes creeping me out!

It's like hes waching me... .. ... It's like he knows!

He knows and his coming to kill me! AHHH!

Back to reality:
If you can't replace the Move (Instantly) action, then make a dumy unit folow the peon, and lock the camera to it, inorder to make the camera motion smother and more controled
or create some custom helicopter view cameras that you just set and maby sway gently wich will alow you to see the entire level all together.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
You should read the rules more cearfuly

Relatively Small File Size (2MB).
Can be played in under an hour. (Having a replay option can allow for longer game time).
Solo mapping contest (You cant Submit a map you made with someone else)(Tips are accepted as long as they don't make the map for you)

Those are the limitations they have given you

You can write you map in Dutch for all they care.

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Axarion asked if he is alowed to use cJass and zinc in his map

Maby I should have Quoted him, but his post is right above mine. I didn't think you wouldent realise who I was talking to

Magtheridon96

You said your going to do a race... Come on Post Your wip, I'm dying to see what you came up with. Since wer both doing races

Last edited:
Level 19
Since it is required, here's an early WIP shot. There will be added detail, but the layout will be the same.

If any of you played my soddy Final Fortress map, you'll know the sort of gameplay I'm aiming after. However, this is much more refined and professional and will feature more sophisticated AI for single-player enjoyment.

I'm making it on a 32x32 size map, so only two players could really fit for what I wanted to do. I'm thinking of having two optional observers, and then having them play a game after the first two players are done.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I've been working on a few custom icons for my map and I'll post one to give you an example. They're simple, but they're easy to recognize.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 88
  • BTNArcheryTargetExample.jpg
    BTNArcheryTargetExample.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.