1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

Leviathan

Submitted by Zeggsy
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A quit huge 24 Player Map.

should be better in 3v3v3v3v3v3v3v3, 6v6v6v6 or 12v12 than FFA cause of balancing.
Contents

Leviathan (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Looks awesome, but did you protect the map? Because My editor wont open it. I really would have liked to give you feedback, but if I cant open the map in the editor, then I'm not gonna spend hours playing the map to figure out all itemdrops, potential...
deepstrasz
Something's wrong with the map preview. It does not show. Try uploading/updating again. Very melee safe. I'd raise the bridges a bit more to match the cliff edges but it's up to you. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in...
  1. mafe

mafe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Looks awesome, but did you protect the map? Because My editor wont open it. I really would have liked to give you feedback, but if I cant open the map in the editor, then I'm not gonna spend hours playing the map to figure out all itemdrops, potential pathing issues etc.
    Edit: Nevermind, it seems something went wrong during the download. Now I can open it after redownloading it.

Ok well for my review: This is a very great map. It might be top5 of all 24 player maps that I've seen so far. Every basics are right, and there only a few small issues.
    -On this laboratory, the shredder can spawn between the two red lines and not get out: ShredderTrappng.png
    I've seen the same problem on at least one merc camp. This is the only thing I think should be fixed, everything else is a matter of personal preferences.
    -The creeps on the island expansions could drop a better item so that it is more rewarding to go for them.
    -Some starting positions could benefit from a few more trees, the distances look like peasants etc will have to walk a long way to drop of lumber relatively soon. Maybe add a few more trees to the starting position.

I wonder, how much time did it take you to create this map? I agree that the map might be better suited for team games than FFA, but 24 player FFAs are mostly just for fun, so I guess it would still be ok.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. Zeggsy

Zeggsy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your feedback! fixed the three points you had and it took me around 64 hours to create the map.

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Something's wrong with the map preview. It does not show. Try uploading/updating again.

Very melee safe.

I'd raise the bridges a bit more to match the cliff edges but it's up to you.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

4. Dancing Mad

Dancing Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wish people were using Lordaeron Summer as the tileset/terrain... It's by far the most eye-pleasing

5. Dancing Mad

Dancing Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you recommend me some 24 player maps that are good? I'm having trouble finding any

6. mafe

mafe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I made 2 which you can find by checking my profile, but they are not that good.
    Others I found:
    Market Squares v1.4
    (24) Legion Mana Temple 1.0a
    (24) Pillars of Corruption
    (24)Entangled Forest

There also has been a 24 player melee map contest from the ffamasters community (which some of these maps participated in), it went under the tagline "24 is the new12". However I didnt find a summary of the entries, nevertheless here is the link if you want to start seaching for yourself:
    Map Contest | 24 is the new 12 | Results

7. Dancing Mad

Dancing Mad

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks a lot, sadly I played all of those, Pillars and Market are great. I'll try looking for the maps from the contest