• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jack Lumber - A Micro based 1v1 Map

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
"Why has nobody ever thought of this?" - Kojima
"Replicate the monotony of a real job in Warcraft 3." - IGN
"Truly, the next big thing in e-sport1" - Bill Gates
"The most breathtaking story since the Minions." - "insert famous name here"

The next big e-sport is now coming to Warcraft 3. Experience the most intense 1v1 experience that gaming has to offer.

Obviously, 2 players are required to experience the map properly.

-Choose your profession before the duel begins (ability for your units).
-Attack the log/corpse with your hero (A+Left click) to gain an item. (Takes 7 hits to generate the item)
-Each time you gains an item, the hero gains exp and you have to re-order your hero to attack the log/corpse.
-Use your bunny to sell the items at the shop,which will grant gold and lumber.
-Your gold will automaticaly be spent on units that will automatically attack the enemy base. The unit gold cost can be lowered with hero abilities.
-Use the lumber from sold items to upgrade your units.
-Strike a balance between managing your hero and bunny.
-The player with more focus and speedier fingers wins.

The map might or might not be based on a certain Warcraft 3 video

Feedback is appreciated (even if this map might be somewhat of a shitpost).

Pls give credit when this becomes an e-sport.

Cowboy hat model by Blood Raven

Keywords:
lumber, jack, jacked lumberto el truco
Previews
Contents

Jack Lumber - A Micro based 1v1 Map (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
You can add hero glow to models that don't have it without editing the model: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling The hero should not stop attacking the lumber. You should just use the bunny to carry the items appearing. Instead of a clicking fest...
Level 4
First it is a good idea to make something small for just 2 players but I think no big deal to add more players there could be playable same 1v1 as like 2v2. Music is good.
I think this can make more fun:
- Wooden chunk (Big man) can be destroyed and then appear on different place so you need to move a bit with your lumberjack.
- Put away the rabbit and add wood automaticaly to resources
- Treant at upper side should dig meat instead of wood :) maybe change the interface to show meat instead of gold
- Put there more units to build to make it more interesting (upgrades work for all units), for example some range weak units which force opponent to counter them
- Balance towers a bit (give them more HP...)
- Shop for units maybe would better as neutral store to force your lumberjack move a bit and stop cutting to order new warriors. Upgrades and another thinks can stay in player-owned store.

Level 4
First it is a good idea to make something small for just 2 players but I think no big deal to add more players there could be playable same 1v1 as like 2v2. Music is good.
I think this can make more fun:
- Wooden chunk (Big man) can be destroyed and then appear on different place so you need to move a bit with your lumberjack.
- Put away the rabbit and add wood automaticaly to resources
- Treant at upper side should dig meat instead of wood :) maybe change the interface to show meat instead of gold
- Put there more units to build to make it more interesting (upgrades work for all units), for example some range weak units which force opponent to counter them
- Balance towers a bit (give them more HP...)
- Shop for units maybe would better as neutral store to force your lumberjack move a bit and stop cutting to order new warriors. Upgrades and another thinks can stay in player-owned store.

Making it for more players would be somewhat time consuming to make, but we'll see.
-I think that would be more of an annoyance than anything hehe xd
-As much as managing your rabbit and hero at the same time may be annoying, it is the cruical part of the minigame, whenever you like it or not (probably the latter, I assume), since the whole idea of this map is to take this mechanic, and make it the core part of the gameplay (the gameplay is supposed to represent wtiiwarcraft's video on Spiral Defense, where he basically does this action for a hour and a half, except giving it some purpose :p)
-You mean the icon on the top right corner that shows how much lumber you have? It would make more sense for player 2 to have meat there, instead of lumber, but I don't think it is possbile to change the type of resource for one player only.
-I guess I could do that to add some variety. Perhaps I could make so you could buy special units, that can be countered by buying your special units, which would cause a bit more interaction between players, instead of just harvesting resources.
-If there is some more feedback about tower health, I might change it (Some people might like the towers the way they are)
-Buying units was actually intended to have the purpose to spend lumber, when you finish all the upgrades. Maybe I should balance it around a bit more, so upgrading would be more encouraged. Making it a neutral store might make it a bit annoying to do tho, so I'm not sure about that one.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. You can add hero glow to models that don't have it without editing the model: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  2. The hero should not stop attacking the lumber. You should just use the bunny to carry the items appearing.
  3. Instead of a clicking fest, maybe a way for the bunny to sell all stuff in the inventory.
The gameplay is very linear/straightforward and gets monotonous quickly. There is little variation, even for units.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
  1. You can add hero glow to models that don't have it without editing the model: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling
  2. The hero should not stop attacking the lumber. You should just use the bunny to carry the items appearing.
  3. Instead of a clicking fest, maybe a way for the bunny to sell all stuff in the inventory.
The gameplay is very linear/straightforward and gets monotonous quickly. There is little variation, even for units.

We'll see what of these I can change, while still retaining my "vision" of the map.

But the update may take a bit, since I have some other projects right now which have the priority and a deadline.