1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Icon/Model/Spell Team Contest - Hive Member[+100 Rep]

Discussion in 'Contest Archive' started by IcemanBo, Nov 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astaroth Zion

Astaroth Zion

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Team: JustAZbound

Resource: Model Wip_2

Stuff Done: mesh, all mandatory animations, most additional animations, first effects.

Stuff to do: (I will go crazy, trying to fix a single custom animation that is breaking the model), so fix 1 anim, fix effects
    , finishing magos details.

GeneralFrank_Tank_Wip2A.JPG GeneralFrank_Tank_Wip2B.JPG GeneralFrank_Tank_Wip2C.JPG GeneralFrank_Tank_Wip2D.JPG

2. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That alternate animation looks sick!

3. ~Nightmare

~Nightmare

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

4. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am realizing the folly of trying to create one icon to show both hero, and 3 very different effects at the same time.. Anyway this icon should be final for hero icon, even if more light than usual for wc3:
    Screenshot: Uploaded to Hive as well where it can be found as icon.
    [​IMG]

5. Just_Spectating

Just_Spectating

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  6. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Before the preview, I will show the final WIP on the icon of the spider. (I did not work on the icon, but I felt like adding the WIP of @Darkfang when creating the icon.)

Icon WIP 2

[​IMG] Darkfang, Part I

[​IMG] Darkfang, Part II

Now, for the preview you might or might not have waited for:

Presenting: Darkfang

[​IMG]

Darkfang the Fel Spider

By @Darkfang and @MyPad
    The Scourge

[​IMG]

Gameplay:

Darkfang, the Fel Spider is played as an aggressive pusher and a highly mobile anti-magic caster, being capable of planting hive seeds into a targeted location. From the seeds, the hive is thusly created with anti-magic properties attuned to the enemies of Darkfang, draining them of their magical energy. The haughty fool who dares even lay a blow shall suffer at the hand of the spiderlings, each which deal a fraction of Darkfang's power, but can be devastating when combined.

Darkfang is feared by most creatures, not because of her intimidating build, but because of her ever-presence in the battlefield, capable of absorbing the magic essence (called life essence in the spell) stored within a targeted hive. Because of this, her ability to ravage magic within a certain area is deadly enough in itself, but when coupled up with the ability to shift into liquid form and to regain mana from inflicting damage, (both of which are now disabled), Darkfang is more than a match for anyone, even Spiritbreaker.

Choice:

The Scourge team initially consisted of @MyPad only. Then, @Darkfang joined as an icon contestant and got partnered up with @MyPad to create a hive member hero. From there, the initial idea and final product is the Fel Spider, Darkfang.

@MyPad

I wanted to portray Darkfang the Fel Spider as the reincarnation of the Overmind from Starcraft, being capable of commanding hive minds to do his (I wanted Darkfang the Spider to be male) bidding, and being a more cunning Hero. However, after talking with @Darkfang, I decided to depict is as closely as possible (how @Darkfang wanted it). From there, I finalized what would become the main spell. (It was the third spell at that time).

Just for Fun

You can recite this ancient chant to summon the Spider:

Foreign Language

An ginkakahadlok na lawa,
    Nakaon hin bisan ano la,
    An ngatanan ha makikit-an mo,
    Imo kakaonon, wa'y tagya,

An imo gahum naabat han sangkataw-han,
    Bisan tawo o hayop ada,
    Ginkakarawat an kinabuhi bisan hin-o man,

Ginbubutang ha waray katimhan na bodega.
    Antis waray pa nagamit an sundang,

An sundang na napatay hin imo kaluwasan,
    Unta, malutas, ngan ig-bayaan.

Hatchery (or Saccular Genesis)

[​IMG]

This is the main spell. It plants a hive seed which will create a hive (with a fade-in mechanism) and a certain amount of spiderlings. The hive drains the mana of every enemy unit that gets close to it, and when selecting the hive (SelectionCircle by @Aniki), a selection circle will appear, displaying the range of which the spiderlings will attack a target unit. When selecting Darkfang, the hives that have been planted will be highlighted with a special effect, which only appears to the player or allies.

Ravage Magic

[​IMG]

Made as a quick sub-spell, the spell moves Darkfang to a targeted hive, consuming the stored energies within that hive and killing that hive, which will also damage nearby enemy units.

Component Parts: (Model Final, Icon WIP, Code WIP, Inserted Map link)

Model - Here

Icon - Darkfang Icon, Ravage Magic, Hatchery / Saccular Genesis.

Code - 1, 2, 3

Map - Here

Attached Files:

7. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Nice entries! Updated WIPs and closed section submissions.

@Daffa the Mage , @MyPad , the links to submissions in the sections are missing
    MyPad, you link to model only, but not to others.

@RED BARON there's no WIP, right?

8. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    ^^

I'm still going to submit them. I'll update the previous message here after I've posted them.

9. DD_legionTN

DD_legionTN

Resources:
    Resources:
  10. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
  11. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I will make edits once i am home in two hours.

12. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    @MyPad that mutated and armored spider looks very cool :) but his stingers feel a little messy in hive viewer

13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't need to link the WIPs too, or do I?

14. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It's actually my first time (collaborative effort with @Darkfang, me in 3d model, him in 2d art) making a model for submission. Yeah, I'll see if I would touch this any time soon after this contest.

EDIT:

Updated the overview of the thread, and will post affirmative proof of permission.

15. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    No, linking to WIPs in the entry isn't required. But if I miss some in the table, and someone wants to point out WIPs, then it's welcome.

16. Murlocologist

Murlocologist

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    For some reason unknown to me, Team Scourge uploaded same icons twice. We need three, not six of them. Delete the unnecessary ones.

If you helped each other in creating icons, you can request here to both be set as authors.

17. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    MyPad, why have you also uploaded the icons? Darkfang has already uploaded them. You should delete yours, and link to his uploads in the entry.

18. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have linked all resources to the entry @IcemanBo

19. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Submission_Preview_-_Deolrin.jpg

Deolrin
    as the
    Troll Pariah

Presented by Team Zul'Aman Was An Inside Job:
    @PROXY Model & Anims Model
    @~Nightmare Icons & Texture Portrait Icon // Grim Rupture // Grim Rupture Alternate
    @Kyrbi0 Code & Design Spell(s)

Deolrin is a user who many of you already know; he's a talented 3D geomerge modeler who has often lent a hand or a word of advice to other aspiring modelers on the Hive. The necessities of his IRL situation have lessened his time here on the Hive, but not his impact. We wanted to honor him with this entry for all he's done.

Of course, Deolrin has always been associated with his favorite Warcraft race; Forest Trolls. So it was an easy choice, to start with. From there, the design of the hero sort of 'grew legs and ran away'; the Troll Pariah is meant to be a sort of ultra-vicious Forest Troll, a Troll who was too violent & transgressive for even his fellow primitive tribesmen. In exile, this Troll snuck back to his village & stole a set of ancient tiki relics, including a powerful enchanted sword. Making his way in the world by hook or by crook, this crafty Troll wields his stolen magicks with brazen impunity, further isolating himself from any who would dare cross him.

While our submission is a fully-playable Neutral hero (with the standard abilities detailed below), the Contest only required one special ability, which is as follows:
    Grim Rupture being the Ultimate, the other standard abilities are as follows:
    We sincerely hope you enjoy playing, testing, & Judging our entry!

////

The new alternative Spell Icon is attached to this post - it's not existing in the map really and the one in the ressource section is outdated.

Attached Files:

20. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    So nice to read the entries.

@PROXY , the submission inside the sections aren't really relevant for the judging process. It's only important they're linked to, so we can associate submissions with an entry. But only what's attached to your entry post will be looked at, so it's no problem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.