1. Are you planning to upload your awesome spell or system to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Evolution complete! Make Darwin proud and go vote in the Techtree Contest #12 - Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Icon Contest #17 - Results are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Succumb to the whispers and join our Texturing Contest #29 - Old Gods!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

MooseCharge

Submitted by DD_legionTN
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Spell for Hero Contest#9 - Hive Member, by team Best tem 10/10

Spell Description
Moose charge toward its facing, unit hit will be knockbacked, and applying
effects which depend on owner of unit and type of unit.

Channel Time : 2 seconds
Charge Time : 8 seconds

Enemy unit : Speed*0.2 damage, apply red gem debuff; second hit ban the target, silence and reducing 30% attack speed and 30% movement speed

Ally unit : Heal for speed*0.1, apply green gem buff; second hit praise the target, heals for 1% maximum hitpoint of the target for 10 seconds

Structure : Speed*0.3 damage, terminate spell immediately. Spawn 2 assistance to assist him, lasts for 15 seconds.

Code
This spell is coded in Wurst, hence in the map there will be no trigger, please be reminded that test map must be tested directly (without saving) else the wurst trigger will be gone.

This is the whole project file, meant to be opened in Visual Studio to maximized readability : here

Library Credits
BonusHandler - muzzel
GetUnitCollision - Nestharus
IsDestructableTree - BPower
IsPathWalkable - Zwiebelchen
Stun - iAyanami

Model Credits
Reputation - Pyritie
Health Surge - JesusHipster
Banhammer - Thrikodius
BTNPowerCrystal - DragoonZombie

Special Credits
RED BARON - for moose icon, moose spell icons and moose texture
Paillan - moose model
Contents

MooseCharge (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
Nitpicks: The package used by the spell could be placed on the description for ease of access. The model could be realigned around the x and y-axes. Notes: Groups are not being recycled properly. (Error message prompted) Status: Set to Awaiting...
  1. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Cokemonkey11 or @Frotty

Could you guys leave a comment on this? I can't really tell if this is "approvable" based on the judgement.

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    A few things.

1. It has a lot of non-standard dependencies which is OK but not ideal
    2. There is a huge config file but the main code file still has a lot of configeration
    3. There is too much documentation, it completely ruins readability. It is very discouraging to me. I suggest good naming of functions and variables so that a comment for every single variable and function is not needed. I'd also argue that most wurst users are somewhat experienced so explaining that changing a units x/y values is updating the position.
    4. The concept is a complete mess, which leads to confusing code. It tries to do so many things at once.

Code seems to follow a good structure with user of the cascade operator and proper indention.
    I did not take a super-deep look but it seems like the spell performs well in game and mainly suffers from things that are not directly tied to the spell itself but rather how it is built.

I think it would be wrong to put it in the substandard section since you can see that a lot of dedication has gone into the spell and it performs well in game.
    If mod rating was still a thing I'd suggest a lower score until some of the structure is fixed.

@KILLCIDE
    You could just take a look at the spell review since Codemonkey was the one that reviewed it.

3. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah I tried reading it, but the lingo is far beyond my understanding :p

4. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    My view is that this isn't good enough quality to suggest for re-use (but on the other hand I have that view about lots of approved spells).

@DD_legionTN I'm happy to do some code reviews for you if you're interested to get this approved and it isn't.

5. DD_legionTN

DD_legionTN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for not being reply quickly and thanks for the review @Chaosy.

I'm trying to figure out what would be the good way to comment to turn it into more readable code. But I'm unsure when should I putting comment and when shouldn't. So if you guys could give some input I would be greatly appreciated.

@Cokemonkey11 Yes, please do. I would like to know what the mistake I've made :) Oh and, I would reply to your contest judging at here.

Sorry for that :(

It that means too much documentation?

This is exactly the problem I had atm.

Well if you mean for the group iteration, then yes. That time I still pretty new to Wurst and doesn't know how to iterate units with group
    Commented out (if you mean the iterator.close()) is because of overflow warning of "double free" of group when using iterator.close()

which are them?

Do you mean configuration for dealing damage to enemy/building?

Ok I'm pretty much have no comment on this...

Well I'm still not familiar with stdlib enough at that time (even for now), now I've know that there is undefend in Order.wurst :p

The contest submission from my team is purely joke :D

Yes because originally I should be finding better sfx (and also with the original plan that should have some attachment points like horn/leg), but well I may just stick with current model

Right, would like to ask what kind of config should be expected? Since I just listed all config that popped out in my mind.

Since if I use lower multiplier seem to have too short dash/no dash at all... I'm still unsure how it works...

I've linked the source code to my github and also updated library credits that I've used in this spell, but atm there is no code changes as recently I'm busy with my real life. Hopefully I could find some free time and update the spell soon.

6. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:

Nitpicks:

• The package used by the spell could be placed on the description for ease of access.
    • The model could be realigned around the x and y-axes.

Notes:

• Groups are not being recycled properly. (Error message prompted)

Set to Awaiting Update (7-day period)​

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  7. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @DD_legionTN can you please send me a PM asking for code review and link to code on github, bitbucket, or gitlab?

You can include some high-level questions there but I will most likely only be able to answer 2-3.

8. DD_legionTN

DD_legionTN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry for late the late response. Recently I'm busy with my real life and have not much time to apply the required changes for this resource. Hopefully I could have free time soon once I've finished my stuff.

@Cokemonkey11 The link to github is already in the description (I've updated it few months before) :)

9. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I am also very busy, so if you are interested in the review then please send a PM, otherwise we'll move on :)

10. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Any Wurst reviewer here? I would need some insights on this resource.

11. Cokemonkey11

Cokemonkey11

Wurst Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I'm not sure if @DD_legionTN is asking for review of this one anymore?

12. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Ah, so that's the case? I see. I will leave this resource as is.