• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Iceborn

Which of the following options would be the most enjoyable for you?

• Long gameplay.

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • Complex ability interaction with each other.

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Abundance of ability special effects.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Astonishing feel and atmosphere, also a great storyline to follow.

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • More events where mind is put to the test and less of hack'n'slash.

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • Something else. (I would be thankful to be informed about it)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
You mean when it will be released?

I am currently on an exam session once again, so this month may not be that much productive as december was, but I try my best to give at least a day or two for the project per week this month.

When time runs, I plan more and more for the project, currently I am about to end Act 3 of 4, a boss fight left as well as massive ability adjustments after Act 3. I am also late with Act 2 cinematic, which will be huge and might take at least few days to complete. So my current goals are to finally complete Act 3 and make Act 2 cinematic, only then I will start Act 4 which is the reckoning of good and bad sides. So I plan to finish those this month.

It really depend on how much time I give for it and it is really hard to predict it, because it is unstable, sometimes I set my goals to complete in weeks, yet I happen to do it in a day or two, and sometimes I need a break which kills a lot of time. It is hardly predictable, sorry.

To my not so precise predictions, I may complete it this spring, in a 2-3 months. But it might happen faster or much later, can't predict.

Level 7
Final Boss?? XD with puzzles while fighting with him? XD

Would you disable hack like whosyourdaddy, etc?

Level 31
That will be the final boss of Act 3 after the puzzle. Act 4 gonna have the main bad guy of course, but I plan to orientate it slightly different way, I'll see how it goes.

There will be one puzzle when you must solve it as well as fight and watch out for one guy not to die, quite extreme, but it is not that hard to solve I hope.

I have a system for anti-cheat, it may disable god mode and resources cheat, but resources anti-cheat is lacking, it can be avoided if the concept how it works is known, yet map will be open, so more motivated players might disable it, hah.

Cheating with unlimited mana may also not help, because all mana loss is triggered and not being taken directly from spell, except for some items.

Level 31
It would not be protected. Free for all to mod, check ad do whatever they wish. This is modding community after all, not some kind of patented business. :)

No worries, it will take me only few minutes to upload.

I've been editing some skins for allies, these guys gonna stand as an ally in the last battle, looks big, strong and would serve well as a back up. There will be 5 of them.

17nb.png

Level 31
Haha, thanks. :ogre_hurrhurr:
My avatar picture is from other skin edit, I have posted it some pages ago, it gonna bring up one of the last quest. Oh and I am almost done with Act 3, just few lines to record and then I'll grab a cinematic full of both, talk and action, perhaps I may even upload it on youtube, not sure yet.

Level 31
There is no need to guess or question, because the answer is in the very first post and it is said in the first sentence that it is a single player map and there is no word in intro mentioning a campaign. Also the prefix of the title of this thread doesn't say [Campaign].

Level 31
There will be music set for the game so you don't have to listen to default music. So far it seems I imported much more music for the cinematics rather than gameplay itself.

I almost finished all 3 acts of 4, currently dealing with cinematics, had very little of time during this weekend due to exam session. This is the last week of the session so I hope I'll go full 100% on project next week.

I am also planning to upload a new cinematic video on youtube - a fight scene where the main aspects of story shall be revealed. What concerns story, it is slightly reshaping, I hope to have a decent storyline in the finale.

Since all 3 acts are nearly finished, I decided to make a map testing. For that to happen I contacted Lordkoon and he agreed to test 3 acts of 4. I picked him, because I hold his reviews high quality after seeing him participating as a judge in map contests.

So here are the news of past few weeks. :)

Level 14
Thanks, guys.

2014 Spring should be the time for it considering I already grab an amplitude of 3 months. Of course it could be finished next month only if I paid enough time for it, but from my own experience it is clear that it doesn't work like that.

I know what you mean. 3 months is still pretty impressive if you can finish it by then. A lot of people are looking forward to this one, myself included. Keep up the good work!

Level 30
The cinematic looks good and I like the actions there though a little bug with the voice acting of Northorum, when he said the word "ally" in one of his dialogues. It does not sound that right. Well, not being too much of perfectionist of some sort but it indeed sounds weird.

Level 30
It's pronunciation AFAIK is al-ly or a-lly of some sort but in the cinematic, I heard it as ally like it was pronounced too fast. But anyway, this is not some issue so it would be fine.

The cinematic overall looks good and smooth to me. I like the actions there too.

Level 31
There are two same cameras except one of them is set farther away on X axis, so I still don't understand where is the unsmoothness there. Yes, gap between those is huge, but camera is applied nicely, perhaps you meant unsmooth movement of the character?

Level 6
wait....

I am viewing a wow cinematic?.. oh yes..

What i like in the video are...

- Good timing of music.
- Clear diversity of speech. I mean you can really know who spoke based on the tone of the voice
- Good selection of unit animation.

Simply amazing hope you will post this project to blizzard website so they will know that Warcraft 4 will be worth making...

Level 7
Only watch half of the cinematic.. I dun want spoilers ahaaha XD But it seems pretty good, just felt weird when they walked too slow :p probably just me ><

Anyways, good job and good luck on the remaining work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.