• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] Iceborn

Which of the following options would be the most enjoyable for you?

• Long gameplay.

Votes: 38 22.4%
  • Complex ability interaction with each other.

Votes: 15 8.8%
  • Abundance of ability special effects.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Astonishing feel and atmosphere, also a great storyline to follow.

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • More events where mind is put to the test and less of hack'n'slash.

Votes: 25 14.7%
  • Something else. (I would be thankful to be informed about it)

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Looking forward to playing this one. I'm really fired up to play this one actually so best of luck to you and your project.

Your great motivation and passion for your map took you to it's final stage. I really wish I had that passion inside me.

Last edited:
Level 30
And didn't saw that Last Screenies and I must say that first screenshot looks pretty amazing, quite a detail in it and wisely placed structures. The second one looks great also though I wonder because it looks like disastrous at some points.

And I guess your using JNGP to maximize your use of doodads/destructibles for the terrain but be careful for there is still a limit to it: 37k I think seeing a user discovered it.

Level 31
No worries, only 16 110 doodads in total. Throughout entire terrain development I tried using large doodads and less small details to maintain low number of doodads, yet still I couldn't manage to fit into the frames of a regular doodad limit.

No need to rush with a DC, I doubt if it has what it takes to be a DC, because it doesn't even have Jass, no fancy and complex systems, but rather simplistic game mechanics and puzzles / hidden stuff that might backfire because an axtra effort is needed to go through the map. I remember once uploaded Seth's Reign it was set to DC immediately without even thinking even though it is far from it, let alone a ton of bugs that were present during that time. DC needs a serious consideration and it doesn't represent a sum up of a nice terrain and storyline, it is a sum of everything and the rest might not be that amazing as it looks right now.

Level 31
Not to kill this thread, here is a screenshot of Act 4 cinematic, planning to post few more screens of it soon enough. The bad guy before transformation below.
Kp0H0mW.png

Level 31
It is the Thunder King model and yeah, it is mogu-like. You can see it from up close in the video (first page) if you haven't seen it yet. I mentioned it earlier that I plan to release this map next month if I am lucky, if not, then a month after, but I will try my best to release before summer. Another screen from Act 4 cinematic below.
7gqyL4y.png

Level 31
Thanks. Well, I do find myself in need of some new special effects many times lately, but usually a some kind of alternative is used.

Nah, I am not a big fan of special effect abuse, I understand it might look beautiful and such, yet I prefer it to be set to minimum. It may also cause unwanted lag.

I noticed myself that when people say it, it doesn't have that big effect like it used to have, but thank you, Heinvers. :)

On the project, next week I am having a week of vacation and I plan to complete the map during that period of time. I am sick of it delaying so much, it should have been released long time ago.

Level 6
Dang. This map looks really, really good. Although I hope those voices would be replaced with something better (I'm a real stickler about good voice acting).

Level 31
Thanks, DivineArms. I am going to disappoint you, but voice acting would not get replaced. Voice acting is truly a complicated thing to work with and not because of how hard it is to read it properly with proper tone, but how difficult it is to get good actors that has at least decent equipment for that and avoid massive delay in gathering those recordings. I had burnt in the past because of this. It just takes tremendous amount of work to keep in contact with those people who usually have their own problems and finally result may not be that appealing, that is why I reduced voice actors to the minimum just to accelerate the development of this map.

Level 6
If only I had seen this project early enough, I probably would have lent my voicing skills, but seeing as you are really pushing for release, I shan't bother you with further changes and whatnot. Anyways, good luck with your project ^ ^

Level 31
Thank you. :) Here is another screen from the Act 4 cinematic showing enemy marching in slow motion with some Epic Score music.
Hac6OCc.png
EDIT: I would like to announce the release date of this project and so I plan to release the map on April 21st (2014-04-21). Currently map is like 96% - 97% complete and it may not take much to push it to the 100%. I also have to contact Ralle so that a map of 180+ MB may be possible to be uploaded. Also a trailer video to make before the release. End is finally here. :)

Level 31
Thank you. :) Oh and I forgot to mention that this project might be my very last one. Perhaps I may accompany someone else's projects, do some minor modding or make a simple cinematic or something, no more big projects for me, I feel like I had enough for all these years.

EDIT: Here is the trailer video of this project. I am taking out the rest of videos so only this one remains. Watch HD!

Level 7
Now I don't know what to comment for this trailer... Just Beyond Epic!! :D

Countdown for this awesome project!! XD If following GMT +8, 7 Days left but not sure about the real one :p

Level 31
Well, story itself is not that vast, of course it can be expanded as it has space for it, but most of it would not take place during the game. Most of the story is based on the past and I do not reveal much about the future, it is being revealed during game, because if I did, it would be a spoiler.

But I will do my best to present the storyline in the map's thread as expanded as I can.

EDIT: Map is finally completed! Only testing remains which will take me a day or two. I also contacted Ralle and Orcnet if this project could appear on Hive News, Ralle said I would have to make a nice report and show them for approval which I will attempt to do once map development falls from concern. So testing, testing, testing then some banners / pictures for the thread to make and create a nice looking thread remains.

Level 14
Nice job APproject. I think congratulations will soon be in order. Judging on what I have seen throughout the development, as well as what I have seen from previous projects, I think this is going to be the best one yet. Looking forward to playing it soon.

Nice job APproject. I think congratulations will soon be in order. Judging on what I have seen throughout the development, as well as what I have seen from previous projects, I think this is going to be the best one yet. Looking forward to playing it soon.

I fully agree with Veritas. I think this will be a successful map:thumbs_up:

Level 31
Thanks. :) This is my best one indeed in absolutely all aspects, I can say I pushed myself to the limits once again as I did with every project, yet within all these years I get better and better at polishing things.

As for its successfulnes, I doubt if it will be that successful, because of difficulty. People like easy and simple multiplayer or campaign games with Warcraft-like storyline to follow, making this map not for the masses. Do not accept this as bragging, nothing like it, I just had burnt from previous works that has familiar features.

Level 31
Thank you for checking, Geki. Map is completed so there won't be much updates, maybe on some other matters concerning this project throughout this week only.

You are right, it is not voices that takes most of the space, mainly it is models that were ripped from WoW. I know, they all contain unnecessary animations that takes the space, but perhaps I didn't find it major problem, that's why I didn't try removing them. 1848 imported files in total though. (230 MB). Oh and a regular non compressed voice line here is on average 400 KBs in .MP3.

Level 31
Thank you. :)

Here are some 2D art made by me and using the front logo made by AL0NE, there are more of these banners with text, but all the same except text differs. These may appear on the map thread. I also contacted staff about appearance on Hive News, I hope it will be fitting. :)
162746-albums7255-picture82236.png

162746-albums7255-picture82238.png

162746-albums7255-picture82239.png

162746-albums7255-picture82252.png

162746-albums7255-picture82243.png

Level 31
Thanks, guys! :)

I replayed entire map from start to the end and it took me slightly more than 4 hours, of course I knew everything about it so it was much faster for me. I also noted roughly 15 bugs that needs to be dealt with, some are rather serious.

Another matter of great concern is ERRORS, errors errors errors all over the place. Game crashes when I push quest log after certain quest (hopefully I know how to fix it), crashes when I try to save the game (happened once only), and the majority of crashes occurs when attempting to LOAD a saved game, that's annoying, many times it cause crash and shuts down the game. The good thing is that the file is not corrupt, opening the game again ant trying to load it - it loads perfectly. I noticed these errors happens mostly when trying to load a game directly from ingame and not when map is closed and loading from Warcraft 3 start menu. That's annoying, but it still can be loaded. It has like 50-60% of crash chance. I have no clue what cause it and how to fix it and I doubt if anyone does, if so, it is probably game itself.

Level 31
I guess putting the video settings to high would make it less crash-able.
I have everything on max. :( Loading a saved game when game is not in progress (right after Warcraft is turned on) cause no crash at all, yet it does many times when trying to load from F10 menu. This explaination should be more clear.

EDIT: Some new today's 2D art. One is just edited, I added a dragon head making it look better, another one is just some big banner and the third one is just a screenshot with some nice border, there are 4 of those in total. Hope you like it. :)
162746-albums7255-picture82936.png

162746-albums7255-picture82933.png

162746-albums7255-picture82930.png

Status
Not open for further replies.