• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to Patch 1.29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Hi there, so I have been using v1.27 for quite a while and I've been wanting to patch the game to the most recent version. Should I just download the v1.29 patch right away or should I do it in order (1.28 first then 1.29) ?

Also, I haven't been able to download the file from
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762056755
The progress stuck right away after the download started, I'm not sure about the reason but I don't think my internet is really that bad. I've retried it countless times but the results remained the same.

Oh, and I wasn't sure where to post this thread. My apology if I didn't post this in the right section.

Thanks in Advance.

Level 11
1.29 is just a test version right now, so you won't be able to update your current game with it. The link you provided will allow you to download the whole PTR client: it's the whole game, under 1.29 version, for tests purposes. So right now the most recent version is still 1.28.5.
I don't know why you couldn't download the file, it worked fine for me. The download bar might be stuck the first few seconds, but after a while it should start normally. If it remains stuck, firewall/antivirus issue perhaps?
I'm not sure about having to download 1.28 before 1.29. I think you don't need to do it, but I'll have to check on that.

Reactions: pyf
Level 22
Oh, I see. I thought it's already 1.29 version. I don't know either because I already tried it with my firewall and antivirus disabled but no luck.

The link you provided will allow you to download the whole PTR client: it's the whole game, under 1.29 version, for tests purposes. So right now the most recent version is still 1.28.5.
So, in order to patch my game to latest updates, I need to download the whole game? Wow. :eek:

Anyway, Thanks a lot for the info!

Level 11
So, in order to patch my game to latest updates, I need to download the whole game? Wow. :eek:
Kind of. In fact, if you want to test the latest patch, you need to download the whole game (it's the public test version). But your current game won't be updated: you will have both games, standard and test, on your computer.
If you're familiar with WoW, it's the same when Blizzard tests upcoming updates: you have the normal game and the PTR version, before patch is finally released. :)

As for your downloading issue, did you wait enough time? When I downloaded it, I remember it was stuck for 10-15 seconds before starting off. Also, are you on Mac? Blizz stated "The Mac PTR client requires manually running the launcher to patch", I don't know if it could be related to your problem.

Level 11
Oh, you are struggling with the .exe file? Thought you were mentioning the download part after executing the .exe.
Well I can send it to you if you want, maybe you'll get luckier that way. But it's an .exe so you'll have to trust me :/ Or maybe someone else can upload it here (some staff member for example, I suppose we can trust them :D)
Silly question: have you tried rebooting your computer? Or downloading from another browser?

Level 11
I think the PTR is over now, there would be no point in using it, 1.29.2 is now live. And I don't think I still have the file anymore.
You may download the latest patch from the game main menu, just go to Battle.net and the patch should start downloading.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Last edited:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Yeah, the download speed is not that great (topping at 32 KB/s for me right now). On occasion the download might also fail, in which case one simply has to try again in a few hours.

I doubt that this installer will install v1.29.2 PTR, since 1.30 PTR has been released quite some time ago.

** Update **

Just discovering that 1.30.1 PTR is live.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.