1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

HiveWE 0.3 Released!

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    @Abovegame , thanks for the awexome work updating the Import Editor!

Quick question; does this filesystem-aspect also mean we can 'batch import' from an already-organised series of folders/files? Like the custom MPQs of yore, if I organize all my custom resources in the proper folders with the proper file paths, is there a way to import them all at once, respecting file paths & without the need to "fix" them each individually (i.e. removing "war3mapimported\" & replacing it with whatever)?

2. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think you are able to import folders right now ? Unless eejin added that as well. We can add that in the next version i guess.

I hope i didn't misunderstand you how i see it you want to have a directory tree somewhere on your pc and import the parent directory and it will import all the subdirectories / files as well without any added prefixes like "/war3imported"?

3. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yeah, basically. (I think). Basically, I want to avoid having to manually import each & every individual custom resource in piecemeal fashion (i.e. how things are now with the WE). A custom MPQ lets you load it up (respecting filesystem paths & all that), then everything is just 'there', no import needed (& thus no renaming things, etc)

4. Abovegame

Abovegame

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You are able to import multiple files to the folders you create in the Import Manager. So it's not really importing an individual resource but i get what you mean.

5. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    An even more amazing release than last time, damn work on this is going fast and pointing at an amazing end product. Good work on this - I for one are looking forward to the easy pathing of terrain and of course the better performance.. Those doodads are always some darn ressource hogs.

6. Daffa

Daffa

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Let the race commence :p

7. Jeppe109

Jeppe109

Resources:
    Resources:
    EDIT: @eejin does use (modified) versions of these icons, disregard.
    Regardless, this looks great! I'm looking forward to the editor not freezing with every edit to a player or unit's data

The unused World Editor icons from war3.mpq\ReplaceableTextures\WorldEditUI for the lazily inclined:
    [​IMG]
    Edit:
    Will you make it possible to set a unit to a global variable more easily? Given that all units are created through the mapscript on startup, they could easily be defined upon creation like regions and cameras.

Ideas for far, far future development:
    MS Paint tools for Terrain Editor: I'm talking lines, spray, fill, TEXT, all that good stuff. You know you want to
    Unit-/Itempool Editors: Use for item drop and random unit/item placement alternative to the Random Distribution triggers used in vanilla WE;
    Point Palette: Defining locations in the terrain editor, whether global or automatically destroyed upon death toggleable. Use to easily create ubersplats and other effects upon map startup and to make scriptwriting a more fluent process. Widgets, Trackables, rectangles and regions, Cameras etc. are easy to connect to and disconnect from them.
    Advanced unit palette: Define global units and unit groups and add units in the terrain editor to them, ability to set units to only appear at certain difficulty levels. Set unit and proper names using recently implemented natives?
    More integrated trigger editor: GUI locals, easy definition of returned handles, better control over function and string names from GUI coding, systems for easy coding of cinematics, dialog menus, multiboards, timer dialogs, quests, and victory/defeat conditions (with tournament support), Sound editor integrated into script editor.
    Scratching the aforementioned systems, the ability to make custom GUI functions for easier coding?
    Right-click menus on objects in the terrain editor (Rename, delete, copy, cut, remove, properties)
    Custom unit ids like in Sharpcraft. I can't get this to work in Sharpcraft for some reason, did the update break it?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018