• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HiveWE 0.5 has Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
hivewe05r-png.319603

With it brings a bunch of exciting features including a minimap and dark UI theme, along with updates like fully functional undo/redo and a JASS editor. No longer do you have to endure a bright World Editor. As always, make sure to backup your maps before diving in.

For those unfamiliar with HiveWE, it's an open-source third-party Warcraft 3 map editor being created by Eejin. You can find more information about it on the resource page.

Some Feature Highlights
  • Minimap
  • Full undo/redo for terrain/pathing/doodads
  • Show Destructibles pathing
  • Pathing map preview for doodads
  • Cliff lighting
  • A functioning JASS editor (with some limitations)
  • Dark UI theme
  • Tabs for various tools
  • Syntax highlighting and autocomplete
  • Doodad palette functionality

Read all the changes and download the latest version here!

~El

Level 17
So how is this better than original WE I would love for someone to explain.

It's pretty good for terraining.

It can handle rendering the entire map on your screen without slowing down to an unbearable crawl (like normal WE).
It has more brush sizes.
It can edit the pathing map directly.
It has some other cool features that WE lacks.

The smoothness is really impressive. My map with 40k+ doodads loaded and ran completely lag free in this editor, BUT it lacks too many functions for me to replace the old one.

1: I can't hold ctrl and move the map around as I please. I am locked to one angle unless I click the "switch" button which messes up the camera entirely.
2: There is no unit palette.
3: There is no object manager.
4: Preferences just contains a "?".
5: Theme changes doesn't take effect until restarting the WE.
6: "Home" only contains redo and undo, and there is no "history" shown.

It has extreme potential, so I will be keeping my eyes open for updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.