• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HIVE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Possibly. There is definitely room for expansion.

I have a few inquiries.

202066-ad9b30d1e500a100816b8a752cbf1ac5.jpg

It appears that we have a Like system in place. How does it work?

202067-95dc5f7211c30ee2d983273fa1627259.jpg

Robots? Skynet invasion?

EDIT:

Can't find a way to make the images larger.

Attachments

• likes.JPG
    likes.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 286
  • Robots.JPG
    Robots.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 278
Level 6
Not super fan of the new interface, but I guess it's because I've never done a new platform like this before, new change will be always good. Is there a way to hide forums I don't use also?

Great work on the new forum though.

Level 28
If I insert a large image to a Thread the description will look so tie.
And it's seems [List tag doesn't work, and I can't open a post in a different window it opens directly on the same thread.

Ignore that above!

Last edited:
Level 20
@Ralle - I've compiled my thougths on the search engine issues and posted them in a topic in the Site Discussion forums. I think it's a pretty detailed and insightful feedback and it took a lot of time to write, so even though it's reaaaaally long, I believe you should try to go through it :)

Good luck with fixing stuff, btw :)

P.S. Sorry if I'm a bit overzelous about this, but man... I really care for this particular problem :)

Level 16
waw

so it finally came into reality xD

I saw the FAQ thread. I think there wasnt a "what's new?" question; by that I do not mean the things that got reworked (such as the search which is pretty much the same as the old hive, more or less), but rather, I mean the new features that did not exist at all in the old hive. Maybe that should be added? I still didnt completely tried the new features, but I noticed there was follow/unfollow in some of my friends profile? I am sure there are lot more.

I wanted to post it there but I couldnt :p

anyway, Congratulations Ralle and all hivers I must say! :)

Level 32
I'm really liking everything aesthetically, except for the main color background color. I'm already really missing the main "greyish-brown" that made this site look unique and feel cozy. #MakeHiveBrownAgain
And yeah, better / more borders would be soothing to the eye but I don't mind it much.

Other than that, I love the change and I understand some of the minor bugs (including search efficiency) will be worked on to be fixed.

Last edited:
Level 8
Sorry, but i cannot understand the new design. It looks good, but old one was even better and elements of the design were perfectly visible. Now i cant even find the resource searche bar.
P.s thx Faq, i finally found it. And it looks obviosly inconveniently.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Is there a limit for image size and number? Is there a space limit overall?
I see the whole lot of albums take 24GBs.

HiveStickyThreads.png

As you can see, there is a hard time differentiating sticky threads from normal threads...

Could you make the news look different? Every new article practically "overwrites" the other recent ones. I'm not sure how many people scroll down to see those too. I think they would do better as a small box that can be expanded.

Last edited:
Very nice! Congratulations, Ralle for your new site! :)

Some more feedback:

Could the padding for ljass tags be a bit less?
Because it seperates the nearby lines like this pretty much.
Just an other line to see the difference.

A preview button again for VMs would be awesome.

The chat window feels a bit too little. It was pretty cool to see more texts, and more of the people in chat without scrolling. :) Nice btw that there is an /invite command!

Youtube tags seems broken: Escape Skillz Videos

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
Where is bb code? ;D

Edit: very nice comment system there is on VMs, btw

Last edited:
Many people are already complaining about this new search engine, can we have the old one back as it functions way better.

The old search engine was complete shit. The current one is about the same or better. Just use google.

https://www.google.com/#q=query site:hiveworkshop.com

I agree with Iceman bo on everything too (ljass, chat window).

The chat window looks fine with some scaling (like my 1080p desktop monitor), but on my laptop (1440p, hdpix2) it's way too small.

Sticky threads also need to be more noticeable.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Very nice! Congratulations, Ralle for your new site! :)

Some more feedback:

Could the padding for ljass tags be a bit less?
Because it seperates the nearby lines like this pretty much.
Just an other line to see the difference.

A preview button again for VMs would be awesome.

The chat window feels a bit too little. It was pretty cool to see more texts, and more of the people in chat without scrolling. :) Nice btw that there is an /invite command!

Youtube tags seems broken: Escape Skillz Videos

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode
Where is bb code? ;D

Edit: very nice comment system there is on VMs, btw

[youtube][/youtube] is now [media=youtube][/media];)

Level 28
Wat I liked most is the new alerts you get everytime someone reply unlike Hive 1.0 (Checking Ucer CP every 10 secondes) this is much better. But still, I don't know why some posts are gone?

Anyway, We may be newbie on this but time by time things will look more surprising and glorious! :)

Roland

R

Roland

Why's the account's settings is not really private when you're not logged in like in guest mode? Come on ralle, give us some privacy with the Visitor's message, It's fucked up!

Level 1
Hey y'all, been using site for a while for models, finally made an account to talk about new site. The new search feature for models is both great and terrible. I love being able to just click a race and see everything with that tag, but not being able to search specifically for a name like "Lothar" for example is rather annoying.

Level 24
Hmm... I think the Alert are sometimes messed up because they don't show alerts for subscribed threads before this new Hive, its like you need to subscribe again. And sometimes doesn't show at all.
Other than that, this forum has quite the advantages as well as its own disadvantages.

Level 4
The old search engine was complete shit. The current one is about the same or better. Just use google.

https://www.google.com/#q=query site:hiveworkshop.com

I agree with Iceman bo on everything too (ljass, chat window).

The chat window looks fine with some scaling (like my 1080p desktop monitor), but on my laptop (1440p, hdpix2) it's way too small.

Sticky threads also need to be more noticeable.

Explain why people complain about it then.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/hive-2-feedback.285358/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/improve-resource-searching.285410/

Level 3
Pls, somebody help me! The new search for resources bar is completely awful. Was it really needed to change it?

Status
Not open for further replies.