• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Defense by Pummking

A Hero Defense Game.

*updated 20.03.2022*

My thoughts:
Many maps felt too "sterile" in my opinion. I didn't want to invent a new gameplay. It should be a fun, comfortable and detailed game to enjoy on a nice evening with your friends. It should be self-explanatory, but still have enough depth in the gameplay and its challenges.

I know that this game is not for everyone, but I appreciate any suggestions for improvement and thank everyone who takes the time to give this game a try.

Thank you for playing!

Details:
- 16 Heroes with a unique, handcrafted Hero Selection
- 24 Legendary Items + Common Items
- Short Storyline with Cinematic Tutorial
- Enemy Waves with Bosses and unique Stats and Abilities
- Dragon Challanges

- Moon Well Healing System
- Purchasable Units
- Hidden Abilities
- Weather with Gameplay Influence
- Selection of the Level of Difficulty
- Damage Detection System
(not mine)
- Leave-Detection System
- Player-Kick System
(not mine)
- Single Player Training Ground

...to be continued...
This is my first published map. I have learned a lot with this map and will continue to work on it and make improvements.
I started this map in german and then translated it to english to make it playable for everyone.
I will try to implement new features to this map as I receive feedback from you, and will also work on this site to make it meet my expectations.
Contents

Hero Defense by Pummking (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Overall, a nice map. Would've loved some more custom scripted abilities and some hotkeys for items. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site Rules Map Submission Rules M A P -...
Level 4
Hi pummking,

This map looks cool to get into, but unfortunately as player 1 (red), upon trying to revive my hero I became stuck and was unable to play. Seems like the issue would be fixed by removing the tree near my altar.
Hello Mayday,

thank you for your feedback. I have worked alot on the map and also fixed you issue. I hope you can enjoy this game now :)

Thanks for testing!
Pummking

Level 3
This game is awesome, Five Stars! This game was small and simple and was not overambitious which is perfect, but it felt fresh and different, and fixed a lot of stuff that was wrong with the Original X hero siege. Still quite a bit of room for improvement, including just some simple bug fixes and QOL. The Soul of Kel'thuzad unit should be a worker or hero unit so there's quick access to him. The trees root ability does not work against heroes, and misha happens to have spell resist, so the use case for entangle is almost nonexistent. There should be upgrades to the naga core building so the enemy player cant just be a douche bag and bum rush it ignoring the heroes. The hero selection peon's vision should be global during hero selection so your hero choices don't get hidden in fog of war This peon should also be marked as a worker so you cant lose him. Also, after the meat golem final boss, you don't get any sort of victory screen or indication that there either is or is not more stuff to do, do you have to kill all 5 dragons? I'm so excited for when the soul of Kelthuzad will get spells! Then I can fuck with my friends more! XD

Edit: I also really liked how you did the stat system instead of standard Strength Agility Intelligence, and you made sure to keep spell damage relevant for the whole game.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Overall, a nice map. Would've loved some more custom scripted abilities and some hotkeys for items.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/