• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #6 - The First Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instantly re-spawn hero and kill him after timer expire :)

This may show unneeded messages.

Other way is to detect damage dealt to hero that would kill him, then just make him invulnerable or add some ability like +1000000 hp to him and keep him alive again until timer expires :)

nooo, needs to change form to ghost... i tried with the phoenix egg ability, but the darn thing keeps just bringing him back to life after the timer runs out

Level 17
Here is my first WIP. It contains 3 abilities.
I will most likely change them, because my creativity takes a while to kick in.
Please don't laugh :wink:

Attachments

• Hero Contest 6 - Mr_Bean987.w3x
    120.7 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 4
Hero_Contest_6_The_First_Invasion_The_Ancientof_Stone.jpg

WIP map Coming Soon!

Model Credit: Seung-Bum , Lee(Korean) [Kuegukecku]
AncientOfStone_Hammer

Level 16
I'm pretty sure he's been working with real programming languages as he seems to like separating everything - in real languages it's a good practice, though I'd say one trigger per one spell is better when working with (v)JASS as it's easier for users to implement it.

I couldn't test the map as my WE has gone crazy and keeps whining about my non-existent RTC, though I'd like to see what this spell looks like.

@Orc - I would really like to try... sadly I don't have time to work on an entry... classes are resuming next week (I didn't graduate, Y_Y) and the registration process will kinda be manual this time because of some problems with the server so I'll be pretty busy...

but maybe I can be an emergency judge again if no one will sign up for judging... but if there is (especially if its Maggy or Bribe) then maybe I can try to work on a last minute entry thing assuming I can have a bit of free time before dec 1st...

Level 5
I never saw such complex code for such simple spells...
They aren't working at first place...

I suggest single library and maybe split spells into structs :)

:D i copied and pasted from my map. I guess they are not needed for 4 spells.

they are not working?!? have coded only 1 spell, "Purify", it is working for me!!!

@Luorax ya i do :)
m still deciding on having single trigger / multiple triggers....

Level 30
Hello, I got idea about simple but interesting object editor spell, so I want to ask HC ex-judges, yes Adiktuz I think u, what do u think about object edited spells, should I work on it, or it is so simple and thats why discriminated.

I remember someone won the HC contest by only using object editor spells but I couldn't remember the name and # of the contest

If my ultimate ability was a hero morph, would I be allowed to create three new abilities to replace the old abilities with during morph form, granted that the three new abilities are similar to the three normal abilities, and are again replaced by the normal abilities when exiting the morphed form?

I know we're supposed to only have four abilities, but with the idea I have, the normal form's abilities wouldn't make any sense being used in the morphed form.

Actually, this is acceptable. The hero turns into something else that will allow him to acquire a new set of abilities. It's not like the hero will have 8 abilities simultaneously, so as to be considered overpowered. Yes, this is fine.

Can it be possible to make a hero with an ice themed spells?...

Of course!

"And then aid was aiming from the Snoozing Mountains, that were eternally lying in the deep slumber of a cold and snowy desert..."

Hello, I got idea about simple but interesting object editor spell, so I want to ask HC ex-judges, yes Adiktuz I think u, what do u think about object edited spells, should I work on it, or it is so simple and thats why discriminated.

well there ain't a written rule for deducting points for just OE spell and they are completely allowed by the rules... but since they are easier to do, make sure they are working completely fine... and make sure that the idea is really interesting...

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Worked a little bit on my hero, I know he does not suit there but I will make a short cinematic on why he is there.
atm im trying to find icons for 2 spells and going to code the last one later

24yz29k.png

2yxp5yr.png

34dr220.png

zv1wyh.png

edit

icons_5732_btn.jpg

Doradin - INT (Damage,support)
Abilities:

icons_11427_btn.jpg

Throw Mace - Area Target
The battle priest throws his hammer to a target location dealing damage to enemys within the zone.

icons_14276_btn.jpg

Blessed by light - no Target
increases the Battle Priests attack speed by ?/?/?% for ? seconds

icons_15739_pas.jpg

Cleanse wounds - Passive
Each second the priest gains 1/2/3% hp and 1 mana point, also when you kill a enemy you gain 10/15/20 mana

icons_7646_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Holy Storm - No Target
Each second the battle priest deals damage to his enemys around him dealing 70 damage.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
very well, I post it here as well.

icons_5732_btn.jpg

Abilities:

icons_15874_btn.jpg

Throw Mace - Area Target
The battle priest throws his hammer to a target location dealing damage to enemys within the zone.

icons_15766_btn.jpg

Blessed by light - friendly Target
The battle priest sends out 2 bolts of light blessing the target he casts it on. Heals the target for 50 per bolt.

icons_5155_pas.jpg

Cleanse wounds - Passive
Each second the priest gains 1/2/3% hp and 1 mana point, also when you kill a enemy you gain 10/15/20 mana

icons_3267_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Holy Storm - No Target
Each second the battle priest deals damage to his enemys around him dealing 70 damage lasts 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Lalalalala the battle priest model... cool...

It will be cool if the mace will be triggered upon impact with a unit too...

and maybe you can find yellowish icons for the hammer and the cleanse thingy...

and for me, 3% HP per second might be kinda large for a passive ability...

as for your ultimate, how many seconds does it last (I think its a buff ability cause its a no-target, non-passive)...

Level 25
Broodmother - Strength, melee
Combat Hero that excels at turning the tide of battle and drawing enemies' attentions away from its weaker allies.
Leap - Jumps a short distance, moving over units that would otherwise block the Broodmother's path. Inflicts a ministun to nearby enemies on landing.
Lay Egg - Lays an egg that will hatch after a few seconds to spawn a Spiderling. If the egg is destroyed, no Spiderling will hatch.
Venom Aura - Whenever the Broodmother or one of her Spiderlings attacks an enemy, that enemy is afflicted with a venom that reduces armour and deals damage over time, and stacks once for each Spiderling.
Sticky Web - Spins a large web over the target area, reducing attack and movement speeds of enemies caught within.

Almost done with the first two abilities. Thinking about replacing the passive and ultimate, they are placeholders for now.

Level 4
Wip

New Screenshot and WIP Map :)
Hero_Contest_6_The_First_Invasion_The_Ancientof_Stone.jpg

Plz tell me your opinion

Attachments

• Hero Contest #6 ; Ancient of Stone ; WIP.w3x
    102.2 KB · Views: 25
Level 16
I'll post my WIP in the following days, with 2-3 spells; it's not quite likely that they'll have tooltips, but their coding will be done. They'll also have their final names, and the hero will have his BG story.

The test map is also not finished, only hero revival and hero resetting has been coded. I only started it last evening though, and there's one spell left to code (the third one from those that I've already figured out)

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
How awesome someone just made just what I wanted :D
icons_15874_btn.jpg

and sorry if I was unclear on the Holy Storm it last for 10 second its basicly bladestorm with less radius and damage but 2 second longer duration.

small updates:
changed the icons of 3 of the spells

icons_5732_btn.jpg

Abilities:

icons_15874_btn.jpg

Throw Mace - Area Target

icons_14276_btn.jpg

Blessed by light - no Target
increases the Battle Priests attack speed by ?/?/?% for ? seconds

icons_5155_pas.jpg

Cleanse wounds - Passive

icons_3267_btn.jpg

Ultimate:
Holy Storm - No Target
Each second the battle priest deals damage to his enemys around him dealing 70 damage lasts 10 seconds.

Will start the work on blessed by light right awey but will change it it wont be as written

Last edited:
Level 6
Alright I'ma jump in here!
Here's my WIP screenshot, Just started work on the first ability for now, although I have ideas for the other three as well, one of them being passive.
Mistress Nutty!
attachment.php

Attachments

• Mistress Nutty.jpg
    Mistress Nutty.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.