• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
header_nax.jpg

Hero Contest #2
Contestants will attempt to create a high quality hero, using significant thought and effort behind the theme of their hero.

Contest Rules And Conditions

• No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  • Teams are not allowed; the entire hero must be made by a single user. However, you're able to use any resources publicly available in THW database. This excludes spells.
  • The hero must have a total of 4 skills.
  • The spells can be made using GUI, JASS, vJASS, or just significant object editor work.
  • The hero must have 1 passive skill, and 1 ultimate skill. They also must only have one of each.
  • All spells must have been made after the start of this contest; no previous work allowed.
  • Systems that do most of the work for you are not allowed. This includes things such as "Caster Systems". However, things such as damage detection or Struct attachment systems are fine as long as the author is credited.
  • You're only allowed 1 submission.

Contest Prizes And Winnings

• First Place: 60 reputation points and a special award icon
  • Second Place: 40 reputation points
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points

Contest Judging And Voting

• Judges:
    Volunteer 1
    Volunteer 2
  • Judging Criteria:

Originality
    How original the hero is. Small derivations of standard WC3 heroes won't yield much score in this category./10

Coding
    How leak free, efficient, and well structured the coding of the map is./10

Theme
    How well the abilities fit the theme of the hero. This also includes the synergy between abilities./10
  • 100 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).

Contestants

If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Entry NameContestant Name

Contest Dates And Deadline

• The contest shall begin on TBA and conclude on [rainbow]TBA
    Time[/rainbow] (GMT)
  • If there are less than 4 entries, a one week extension will be given.

Last edited:
Level 18
There's nothing about imports. What models are allowed to be used? Can you make your own for this contest? If so: What kind of help in the creation of the model is considered teamwork, meaning it's not allowed?
Give a bit more description of what you have in mind about this contest.

Level 18
There are already many contests going on. The start of this contest submission has just as much priority as the others. If you come with "There hasn't been a hero contest in like a year" as argument, then I guess a few weeks later wouldn't be much of a problem.

Level 18
TriggerHappy: Do you actually think judges don't know that? When they say you have to credit people for resources, you think they'll won't check? If somebody actually thinks he can do that without being caught, he's up to one nasty surprise.

PS: Just your opinion doesn't make much of an impact. There are people who like the other contest too, so you'll just have to live with that.

Level 17
All of the other contests are meh.

I want to join a contest that requires coding.

However, this rule is stupid.

A person can just download a model and 4 spells and submit it.
It would help if you'd read the OP! Just kidding :)

All spells must have been made after the start of this contest; no previous work allowed.
Since there's a possibility someone might do just that, I'll make another rule.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
^Probably not, as that would be exactly the kind of "advantage" we don't want to give people who are talented enough to model/texture. :p

Anyway, On-Topic, I support this. I love making custom heroes.
That being said, I don't know if I'll have time between now and when I leave, as I've got a boatload of things to do before then. :< I've found it's harder than you originally think. :p
Then again, it is just a Hive contest, so maybe it won't be such a big deal...

Meh. Good luck either way.

Level 34
Oh, it's approved for sure, but is the theme what everyone wants, and who is hosting? I can if no one will, but I can't judge.

Level 1
hvo-busterkomo you should mention about any kind of extension criteria, if present, to avoid any kind of confusion regarding any late entry or anything like that.

Level 17
Oh, it's approved for sure, but is the theme what everyone wants, and who is hosting? I can if no one will, but I can't judge.
It'd be fine if you hosted it; I'm sure we could find judges.

I'm assuming the theme is fine, as no one has objected to it.

hvo-busterkomo you should mention about any kind of extension criteria, if present, to avoid any kind of confusion regarding any late entry or anything like that.
Done, assuming 4 entries as a minimum is fine. Gilles can change it to whatever he wants.

Level 17
I would suggest freestyle as theme so basically what everybody wants.
If that is not "allowed" I would suggest spiritual heroes.
(Heroes which base their power of something special. A typical example - Fire. If you make a "Vulcanbreed" or sumthin the hero would be based on fire. However, it has not to be elemental. You can also make heroes which are based on explosions - add some spells which make some badass BOOM effects or sumthin. Just test your creativity!)

Level 5
maybe i'm not understanding the contest correctly, but is there no general theme for this contest? Entries just need to make as spectactular a hero as they can?

Level 5
Understood. Sounds pretty sweet, if I find time some time i'll submit something

Level 34
Let's get two judges, wait for a couple more contests to finish, and then start this bad boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.