• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Oups, I just figured that I forgot to post :/.
1. Trivium - Killer riffs, awesome vocals, insane growls, blistering solos, great lyrics. Simply the best for me.
2. Metallica - The godfathers of heavy metal, just as talented now as they were back in the day.
3. Black Sabbath - What can I say, metal wouldn't have been what it is today without them. Also, Ozzy Osbourne's vocals rock!

Level 13
1. Linkin park. YES. Just. YES.

2. OMGGTFO HOW SHOULD I KNOW??? (Translation : I like Darkest Hour)

3. Green day / Owl city, not sure

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

> Satyricon
> Dimmu Borgir
> Behemoth

Currently.

Level 23
1. Gary Numan (between Replicas and I, Assassin): Telekon is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.
2. A-ha: Scoundrel Days and Foot of the Mountain are two of the greatest albums ever recorded.
3. Ultravox: Vienna, Rage in Eden, Quartet and Lament are four of the greatest albums ever recorded.
4. Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark: Dazzle Ships is one of the greatest albums ever recorded.

Not to mention all four are amazing live... Well, Numan isn't so good when he's doing the whole emo-industrial thing; Telekon Live 2006 remains one of the finest gigs I've ever been to, while the others were... not so good.

Level 7
Nirvana -> Best grunge band ever

Sisters of Mercy -> Gothic Rock , good melody , i would pick Bauhaus but that band is making me sad and depressed (still its a good band)

Billy Talent -> Dont know how to explain , just all songs are awesome

Level 17

I used to love The Thin Wall, listened to it a hundred times. Great stuff but I could never get into them when I tried other songs, not my genre I guess.

1. The Mars Volta - tbh I feel the lyrics are overly cryptic, but I really enjoy the music they make.
2. Tool - Lateralus remains my favorite album of all time.
3. Mastodon - Fantastic time signatures and riffs, the drummer is insanely good, and great concept albums.
4. Alice In Chains - While I'm not into grunge, I love AiC. Layne is legend.
5. Systen Of A Down - Yeah I know... overrated, mainstream, turned to shit after their second album.. But these guys have a special place in my heart. They were the first band I really became a fan of and got me into listening to music in general, I grew up with Serj and the gang...

Level 23
I used to love The Thin Wall, listened to it a hundred times. Great stuff but I could never get into them when I tried other songs, not my genre I guess.
Funny, The Thin Wall (and indeed the whole album Rage in Eden) was one of the songs it took me the longest to get into... Now I appreciate it as one of their crowning moments.

(In no particular order - sorry that its more then 3)

-Tool: these guys have a unique sound and as a bassist there's really few good bassists to look to when your learning in the world of rock and metal that have such a pronounced style (and aren't overshadowed by the guitarist - yeah yeah there's bands like Rush but I prefer Tools style a bit more) so their bassist has really shaped my play style.
-Five Finger Death Punch: one of my favorite full on metal bands.
-Linkin Park: I prefer their first album and I'm hoping that they'll return to that sort of style.
-Marcus Millar: My favorite bass soloist
-Mastodon: I pretty recently started liking these guys and I prefer their newer material
-Metallica: no explanation required
-Rise Against
-The Fall of Troy: (well some of their stuff - The guitarist was pretty amazing and actually made up for the fact that their lyrics were overall pretty bad (most songs were just kinda random singing) - Of course this was before their last album).

Level 13
I really don't hold favorites but usually I listen to a lot of the same band for awhile then find anther one here are the ones I am listening to now.

Dr.Dog
Julian Plenti
Mumford & Sons

Level 12
Most of you dissappoint me with your so-called "taste" in music.

Anyways, Top 3:

1.) Tool. No reason other than their name is needed here.
2.) Pig Destroyer. Because they are the fastest, most brutal, in your face metal band that can actually write poetic lyrics with deep meanings, even if most of them are about killing women.
3.) Three way tie between The Mars Volta, Firekills, and Deftones.
The Mars Volta is very cryptic in their lyrics and can play the guitar and drums like no other, not to mention their vocals are amazing. Firekills, being a local Austin band that broke up years ago, they only have one EP Album and one full length Album, but they're still amazing. Sort of a punk rock band that isn't a sold out emo piece of shit like GreenDay (FagDay), their lyrics are also hit close to home with me on a lot of topics. As for Defontes, what can I say other than it's mother fucking Deftones? Shove it, Change, Knife Prty, RX Queen, Pink Maggit, Back To School, Digital Bath, Korea, Around the Fur, and don't forget Passenger with Maynard James Keenan from Tool singing with Deftones.

Level 23
1. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - Best overall band, frusciante ---> Next Hendrix, Flea= best bass player ever, Chad Smith = Awesome funk drum, Anthony Kiedis = Totally crazy, whole band, creative, funky, and pure crazyness on stage!
2. Jimi Hendrix - Godfather of the Guitar
3. Deep Purple - Hits like: Smoke on the Water, Child in Time, Perfect Strangers. Also: One of the best guitar players of all time and the best organ rock player of all time.

Other spots: Rage against the Machine, Dave Matthews, Eric Clapton, John Mayer, The Police, Joe Satriani, Chickenfoot, B.B. King, Bob Marley, Neil Young....

Level 16
1.In Flames- Vanishing the light my persomal favourite!
2.Iron Maden- Aces High- simple aces high...
3.Rise Against- Re-education trough labour simply classics.

I also listen to Disturbed,HammerFall,Linkin Park,DIO,TenaciousD,BFMV,Tyr,NRM,Korpiklaani, Deep Purple,Led Zeppelin,Mettalica,Blur,Ozzy Osbourne:)P), a bit to Nightwish,Primal Fear,Three Days Grace,DragonForce,Helloween, Avenged Sevenfold and SOAD.

Level 12
Yeah I've heard that Steel, but over the years ov listening to music, I've learned to pick and choose the bands that are actually talented and not the ones that are just played the most on the radio with a less than mediocre sound.

Yeah I've heard that Steel, but over the years ov listening to music, I've learned to pick and choose the bands that are actually talented and not the ones that are just played the most on the radio with a less than mediocre sound.

Hey, if people like a band then why bash them for it? Its all subjective - and just because some bands music may not be all that difficult doesn't mean its not good - Smoke on the water has to be the first song anyone learns on guitar, yet its still considered a really good example of Classic Rock.

Also please don't fall into the category of the stereotypical Tool fan - Tool is a great band, but the fans are often very annoying.

Level 14
1.The Flaming Lips - Because Wayne Coyne is a cosmic guru with the ability to increase the size of your cranium with the help of his trademark Silver Trembling Fetus christmas ornament. (Reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LzW9O40OLw )

2.Mumford & Sons - Because these guys made folk music entertaining.

3.Johnny Cash - If i truly have to explain this to you, then you fail.

Not really in order but w.e.

Level 25
1. In flames: They are swedes, they are awesome, The melodies are simply awesome. And they will always be the most awesome band in history.
2. Parkway drive: A really great newly started metalcore/punkcore/death metal band from australia. It's very aggresive music, with really great melody, and i love the dude's voice! Too bad they randomly screams fuck at different parts of the songs or live performance, but i guess that will be removed when they mature a bit (they are still kindof young)
3. Scar symmetry, Sounds something like death metal with random sci-fi melodies in it (yeah, sounds weird). But the melodies are awesome, And the variation between "i am currently eating your brain-growl" and a beautiful voice, it becomes simply awesome music.

Level 5
I love every hard, qualite and crazy music =^w^= and I hate: Hip-Hop (hop-hop = rabbits >,<), R'n'B and Pop (only a few of songs from pop are good.. >__>)

Level 3
Who is your favorite singer/band?

I made this to simply see what bands you guys are interested in.:grin:
I personally like Metallica.

So I ask you all to post a comment with your favorite singer and a Youtube movie.

Here is mine:

Any bands are welcome! (Even Justin Bieber) Lol sorry :ugly:

Level 1
My personal favorite right now would have to be Arsonists Get All the Girls, but I do agree that Metallica is badass.

Arsonists Get All the Girls: Scobra Vs. Cupcake: Battle of the Bulge
Metallica: Damage, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.