• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommend Good Rock Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Are you trying to find something appealing for her?

Try these bands, nothing too heavy, but they should get anyone who's not a big fan of rock tappin' there feet to them .

Cake, Jet, Spoon, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, Modest Mouse, Placebo, Muse, We Are Scientists, Firekills, MuteMath, Elefant, Kings of Leon, Lovedrug, Say Anything, 30 Seconds To Mars, Sparta, She Wants Revenge.

Level 12
disturbed, lamb of god, slipknot, dragonforce, children of bodom, blindside.. only these came to my mind right now, but it looks there are many good band suggestions here; I will look into all of them when at last I get to home

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Are you trying to find something appealing for her?

Try these bands, nothing too heavy, but they should get anyone who's not a big fan of rock tappin' there feet to them .

[..] The Killers, [..]

Saw these at HOVE09, and as a pretty defined metalhead, they're not exactly my kind of band, but I enjoyed it a lot, and it was one of the best concerts at the festival as a whole. Also, they are very suitable for this intent indeed.

Level 20
Them Crooked Vultures prereleased their entire debut album on youtube. JOY JOY JOY
If you didn't know, TCV is basically:
Josh Homme as the lead (lead from Queens of the Stone Age)
John Paul Jones on bass and a whole lot of other shit (from Led Zeppelin)
Dave Grohl on drums (from Foo Fighters and notably a bit of Queens of the Stone Age)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ6arQ-qK34&feature=SeriesPlayList&p=FCC1368DF9BDE312

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Level 21
Level 25
The most of it is just about raw destruction, death and war xD
Soviet Union:
Hmm, never thought of it, but a few songs might be about it yes :)

Legoknekt
Means: Mercenary
And he sings about his love to money and weapon :D

Götterdämmerung
Means: Doomsday in German, right? Ragnarök?
Well, he sings about Doomsday and how he wants to she the world burn.

Inget hopp
Means: No Hope
Might be a reference to the Soviet Union.
It's about enslaved people and an unknown war (I don't know which it is anyway)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

The most of it is just about raw destruction, death and war xD
Soviet Union:
Hmm, never thought of it, but a few songs might be about it yes :)

Legoknekt
Means: Mercenary
And he sings about his love to money and weapon :D

Götterdämmerung
Means: Doomsday in German, right? Ragnarök?
Well, he sings about Doomsday and how he wants to she the world burn.

Inget hopp
Means: No Hope
Might be a reference to the Soviet Union.
It's about enslaved people and an unknown war (I don't know which it is anyway)

Intuitively, I think translation is wrong. A 'knekt' is at least what is commonly know as a Royal Guard, or a knight. Lego is lego? So, the Lego Knight? .. at least mercenary, ie hired soldier, seems wrong. Then again, I am not Swedish.. so perhaps Lego has to do with payment, rent .. then it's a paid knight, and perhaps mercenary isn't so stupid after all.. sorry. :p

Level 25
Intuitively, I think translation is wrong. A 'knekt' is at least what is commonly know as a Royal Guard, or a knight. Lego is lego? So, the Lego Knight? .. at least mercenary, ie hired soldier, seems wrong. Then again, I am not Swedish.. so perhaps Lego has to do with payment, rent .. then it's a paid knight, and perhaps mercenary isn't so stupid after all.. sorry. :p
It's correct :)
I'm from sweden, so I know.
Legokenkt is a "soldier" which sells his services of war/defence for money.
So a legokenkt is a "soldier for hire" :)

But you're right with the kenkt thing, it means knight, or it's a sort of knight :p
I can't explain how Lego + kenkt have become Mercenary tho >.<
But Swedish is weird, trust me :p

Level 28
It's correct :)
I'm from sweden, so I know.
Legokenkt is a "soldier" which sells his services of war/defence for money.
So a legokenkt is a "soldier for hire" :)

But you're right with the kenkt thing, it means knight, or it's a sort of knight :p
I can't explain how Lego + kenkt have become Mercenary tho >.<
But Swedish is weird, trust me :p

You do know that you can say "Legosoldat" aswell? I always immagined those as little lego dudes with helms and big axes. I never really understood what the word lego does in there. Must be some old swedish word. Old enough to make a brand new piece of paper antique if you write the word on it.

EDIT: I just looked the word up and found nothing. But with all the words that started with the word lego I came to the conclusion that it has something to do with bussiness and deals.

Level 28
An extremely awesome guitarrist who unfortunately died very young.

Ozzy Osbourne said:
There are some people who are like a shooting star. They come, hit the planet and explode into a rainbow of beautiful colors. Then they shoot off somewhere else. That was the life of Randy Rhoads.

I think it's a shame that Ozzy gets so much credit for what his guitarrists do. Songs like "Mama I'm Coming Home" and "Perry Mason" would be nothing if it wasn't for Zakk Wylde.
And he has a lot to thank Randy Rhoads for, wich I belive he does. But there are way to many people who don't se past the name, Ozzy Osbourne, and look at what's behind the microphone.

Level 12
Does it got drums, guitar, bass, and singers who don't talk all the time?
Then I like it!

Mostly just:
Metallica
Megadeath
SLipknot
Testament
Five Finger Death Punch
Iron Maiden
Anthrax
Aerosmith
AC/DC
Pearl Jam
Green Day

Those are my favorites. Pretty much what saken listed in the first part is what I like.

Status
Not open for further replies.