• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommend Good Rock Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Well, you defeated yourself, and your taste is not even worth mentioning, seriously, go to a old-school metalhead and tell him that the best bands on the world suck, he won't let you go, trust me, and now, keep on listening to screaming S*** metal.

Mainstream kids nowadays... but hey, better they as I.

If you would listen to REAL metal (loud and aggressive metal in your eyes) like you said, then you would know Behemoth, Burzum... etc that are some of the loudest bands ever... in my eyes... not a good music, but you may think different... haha.

Level 4
I am discussing music, have been all along. Sorry for defending my choice of music when redscores came along and insulted the integrity of the music I listen to with his blind ignorance and obvious lack of knowledge of more then just what he listens to. I feel I've already proved my point several times, so I'll just drop the heated arguement. Whatever he has to say next will probably just be more trash, so I'll ignore it.

Both of you are taking terrible approaches to this discussion. In fact, I'm almost entirely sure that neither of you understand exactly what the other is trying to say. If you read your posts from my perspective, you'd probably agree. It's really not clear at all, you just seem to be professing your superior musical knowledge and throwing around musical terms without giving them any meaning.

Radiohead <3

<3

Level 12
More ignorant nonsense...

Fine, you're entitled to your opinion. Though that's all it is, opinion.
I'm entitled to my opinion as well, that's all it is, an opinion. Though the way you choose to express your opinion has shown many flaws in your logic via contradicting yourself over and over, and then saying what you listen to is better, then giving no valid argument as to why what you listen to is better, other then that they were the first people who paved the way. That may be, but that doesn't mean the foundation is better then the house it holds above it.

Also, Hubcool, I suggest you take Insincerity's word for the Misfits if you havn't already listened to them before. They're also really good, and better than the Sex Pistols in my opinion.

Also, anyone else a fan of Stevie Ray Vaughn? Texas Blues at it's finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWLw7nozO_U

Last edited:
Level 4
I appreciate his music but I wouldn't say I'm a fan. I like a lot of (heavily) blues-influenced alternative, though; it can be really interesting. Some of QotSA's music, for example, has a lot of blues influence that gives it an interesting sound.

Level 8
Well, if you can handle some strangeness and one of the best singing voices of all time, I would recommend Queen. Of course, as you should've inferred, they're my favorite band. Other bands I would recommend are already on your list, except Pink Floyd, not sure if you have them on your list. And Guns 'n' Roses, not sure if you have them either.
If you like hard rock (which, from your list, I'm geussing you do), I would also recommend Disturbed.

Level 12
From my list?

Yeah, Pink Floyd is definetly on my list.
I respect GnR, but don't listen to them. They are good though.
As for Queen, they're pretty epic was well.
And for Disturbed, meh, they're good... but I prefer Tool or Deftones over Disturbed any day.

no one said motorhead yet..?

you have failed me.

AC/DC
Helloween
Pink Cream 69 (old band that Andi Deris was before joining Helloween)
Motörhead
Metallica
Twisted Sister
Sodom
Hammerfall
Quiet Riot
KISS
Crashdiet
Mötley Crue
Guns n' Roses (old albuns)
Bruce Dickinson (solo. Iron Maiden suck)
Nuclear Assault
Slayer
Dio
Madmax
Real Steel
Black Sabbath (old albuns, when Dio was in the vocals. He kicks ozzy's butt)
Faith no More
Lordi
Anthrax
Cinderella
Liege Lord
Sepultura (old albums)
Green Jelly
Tankard
Overkill

Doh.

Okay, so, let's stop fighting about what is or what isnt hardcore, and get back in-topic before the mods close this by flamewar.

Level 8
If you enjoy some amazing drum lines and an EPIC singing voice, check out Rush. And, awww, screw it, I'm just gonna list some truly awesoem bands that are soem of my favorites (Michael Jackson not included, I'm only gonna list rock - metal):

Queen (shocking, right?)
Blue Oyster Cult
Eagles (Hotel California is one of the best songs of all time, and I know all the lyrics by heart)
Nickleback
Linkin Park
Tool
Disturbed
System of a Down
Black Sabbath (I like their years with Ozzy substantially more)
Rush
Creed
Smashing Pumpkins
Dave Matthews Band
AC/DC
Guns 'n' Roses
Lynnyrd Skynnyrd (I love spelling this name wrong, cuz no one can ever tell)
Led Zeppelin
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts

And numerous other bands that I just cant think of right now, cuz I"m getting brain-blocked by all the silence. Fuller list coming soon.

Level 16
System Of A Down ain't that bad :D

@Joss
It's Lynyrd Skynyrd. It takes one 'y' at a time and there's no other vowels :D

I'm discovering a new band btw, Deftones. Can't say if it's good or not yet, but I like their MX song.

Level 8
To each his own. Personally, I dont listen to Creed, my mom's the one who likes them, but I like their instumentation.

@Hubcool,

I misspelled it on purpose. You might've noticed, had you read and understood the phrase within the parentheseseseseseses)

Level 12
New stuff for SoaD is terrible. It's like they all took stool softeners and recorded themselves pooping all over their first and only heavy album.

As for Deftones, they're amazing. Try Change, Passenger, Shove It, Hole In The Earth, and Digital Bath.

Level 8
I dont recall this thread being named "HARDCORE ROCK BANDS, GIVE MEH THERRR NAMEZORZ!!!," he's asking for good rock bands to be reccommended. There's nothign wrong with adding a couple different genres to your repetoire. Besides, Sir Elton has a few good rock hits. I love the cover he and the remaining members of Queen did at the AIDS Awareness Concert held after Freddie Mercury's death.

Level 7
Aww going through all these threads without anyone mentioning Audioslave & Soundgarden is a shame. Well I'll be the first to mention them then.

Level 12
Same about Journey. Though my days of listening to classic rock were back in high school and middle school, I've grown accustomed to the new metal genres, like black metal, grindcore, and death metal. I still enjoy any classic metal that I hear though.

Level 27
You'll only humiliate yourself.
Yeah... Funny thing about that... <_< (I'm considering deleting the conversation solely out of pity.)
Throwing around musical terms without giving them any meaning.
I'm roughly 63% certain they were just making up words.

A rose by any other name...

...Means you are an idiot, clearly.

I don't really listen to music. Not worth the effort. All I would recommend is satirical bands, which you've all probably already heard of. Not that that is all I listen to when I do bother, but this way I can sidestep music and recommend humor. :D

Level 12
Yeah... Funny thing about that... <_< (I'm considering deleting the conversation solely out of pity.)

I'm roughly 63% certain they were just making up words.

A rose by any other name...

I don't really listen to music. Not worth the effort. All I would recommend is satirical bands, which you've all probably already heard of. Not that that is all I listen to when I do bother, but this way I can sidestep music and recommend humor. :D

Argument/discussion has been over for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.