• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Recommend Good Rock Bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
How can people listen to so many bands and keep track of all the names? Or more importantly, like so many distinct bands? I need an explanation. ._.

I can't really recommend any rock seeing as I only listen to metal. <.<

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

If you listen to a lot of music, like I do, a couple bands won't do. You'd be through all the albums in a session of perhaps two days. Whenever I hear something awesome, I remember it and find some more. That way the list of bands I like grow almost every week. I don't remember it all, but then I just look in my CD collection, and I've always got some track flying about in my Music folder as well.

Level 28
I agree with TwistedImage. I have my bands that I listen to (Lordi and Pretty Maids in general) and after those two it's hard to find something with a simalar quality, especially Pretty Maids. Metallica's music is very creative and Ozzy has an awesome guitarrist (Zakk Wylde) allthough most of his stuff sounds the same. I like Skillet mostly because of the vocals. Their female guitarrist has an awesome voice and their drummer is great to (and hawt).

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

For one with probably more than 100 great bands on their list, whereof 10% is played each and every day, a collection of only two bands seems impossible. :\

Level 13
For one with probably more than 100 great bands on their list, whereof 10% is played each and every day, a collection of only two bands seems impossible. :\

Well from the two bands I do listen to I have more than a hundred songs. How many songs do you listen to every day? :O

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, if we cut the average at 4 minutes, you get 15 tracks per hour. That'd result in, on average, 150 tracks per day. Yes, on average I listen to music 10 hours a day - mostly more, but sometimes only a couple hours. I've got more than 500 hours of music. Basically, I can listen to music like I always do for 50 days without hearing the same track twice.

Level 12
How can people listen to so many bands and keep track of all the names? Or more importantly, like so many distinct bands? I need an explanation. ._.

I can't really recommend any rock seeing as I only listen to metal. <.<

Over the years of continually searching for great music, you come across these bands. It's not like I found Tool, and stuck to it and refused to take a gamble that I'd actually like another band. I took that venture and continually found old and new bands that appeal to me, of indie, rock, jazz, blues, and of course metal. I also kept a copy of my play list from when I used to download songs like crazy from limewire. I had over 1,000 songs in my playlist, and I'd listen to about 100-150 songs a day years back, but now it's more close to 10-50 songs a day because I'm much more active. I'm also listening to more CD's then .mp3 music. Also, when something good strikes my ears, like shiik said, it's hard to forget it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Well, I'm basically addicted to music, without music my mood drops significantly. I can't concentrate without music. I've always got my MP3-player with me (NOT an iPod), and when I'm home there's always music on. I guess that's hard to understand if you're not addicted yourself.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

PFFFFT. I have nothing else to add.

1. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.