• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ew, god damn Lordi is so terrible. He's like an 80's hair metal band mixed with weird European shit.

Europe (The band)

The Final countdown :D

I've never heard of Lordi, but just googling them makes me want to kill babies. That's just me though.

Anyway, Rammstein and E Nomine, both german.

And fuck it, why not, TORI AMOS:

Level 3
Nevermore
Dream Theater
Fear Factory
Behemoth
Dimmu Borgir
Sybreed
Rammstein
Akira Yamaoka
Netherbird
Cradle of Filth
Godsmack
Korn
The Misfits
The Ramones
The Clash
Pink Floyd
Napalm Death
King Diamond
Kreator
Psyclon Nine
Nurotofish (probably spelled that wrong)
Combichrist
Infected Mushroom
Asylum
Strapping Young Lad
Arch Enemy
Enya
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Devil Driver

So... why do all the good punk bands have "The" in their name?
a bunch more that I can't think of right now... names escape me all the time... These are just bands I listen to, my favorite ones are at the top though. Nevermore, Dream Theater, Fear Factory....

Level 28
Actually, I've heard the entire first Lordi album. I was forced.

Ok then I guess you can say you don't like them. The first album, Get Heavy, contains some of their best songs (Would you Love a Monsterman, Not the Nicest Guy, Dynamite Tonite). Allthough I think the lates album, Deadache, is the best one so far.

The Who,The Beatles,Jimi Hendrix Experience,Led Zeppelin,The Band,The Rolling Stones,Free,Bad Company,Cream,The Clash,Simon&Garfunkel,The Ramones,Sex Pistols,Lynyrd Skynyrd,Allman Brothers,Socrates,Pink Floyd,AC/DC,Black Sabbath,Sly&The Family Stone,Jefferson Airplane,Thin Lizzy,The Doors,Creedence Clearwater Revival,Steppenwolf,The Kinks,Queen.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
tastes are not to be discussed.

Then stay out of my thread please.

Lio said:
RHCP
Gn'R
No doubt
Oasis
Aerosmith
Velvet revolver
Coldplay
Simply red
BACKSTREET BOYS
green day
nickelback
outkast
the who
wheatus
the offspring

Back on topic, I really like Aerosmith. The toxic twins really give charisma to the band.

The offspring, although they're getting on, are a good band too, their stuff makes me want to bounce.

Level 34
Ew, no. Cornell is a fag now.
He is with his new CD. God is it bad.

Audioslave had a good first album but then ran itself into the ground after that. See, there's an order of awesome and it goes something like this:

Rage > Sound Garden > Audioslave.

That's how it works. Zach De La Rocha contributed a lot more lyrically than Cornell, and he didn't try to make a shitty solo career either.
Oh fuck no. At least admit that Audio is better than that shit that was Sound Garden. They produced three or four decent songs, and heaps of trash. Audioslave was win through and through, start to finish. Cornells solo life has been not so great (comparable to Sound Garden I suppose), but he's made a handful of decent stuff and a couple songs I love (YKMN being overplayed unfortunately, and the Billy Jean cover).

And Rage sucks, but I know at least half the population of the world will bite my head off for that. God how did they get popular?

Oh and as a side note, the only downside to Audioslave is the gay solos in each song. If Zach De La Rocha (I don't know band member names usually) is the lead guitar, I hate him for it.

Edit: Bing > Frank.

Level 36
Ew, Bing. And no, Tom Morello is the lead guitar, which is why the Rage > Audioslave transition happened, they swapped De La Rocha for Cornell, released one good song, and that was it. That song was Show Me How to Live.

You Know My Name was actually the only good song to come from his solo career. And Sound Garden was one of the most important rock bands of the last 20 years, they contributed a lot more than Audioslave has, and you got the likes of Spoon Man, Rusty Cage, Black Hole Sun and Superunknown which are all total win, happening to feature Cornell.

Rage had dozens and dozens of amazing songs, Wake Up, Bomb Track, Guerilla Raido, Killing in the Name, Bulls on Parade, Renegades of Funk, etc, and the list goes on.

Level 34
Ew, Bing. And no, Tom Morello is the lead guitar, which is why the Rage > Audioslave transition happened, they swapped De La Rocha for Cornell, released one good song, and that was it. That song was Show Me How to Live.
Alright we'll agree to disagree about Audio then.

And Bing is sex in a voice.

You Know My Name was actually the only good song to come from his solo career. And Sound Garden was one of the most important rock bands of the last 20 years, they contributed a lot more than Audioslave has, and you got the likes of Spoon Man, Rusty Cage, Black Hole Sun and Superunknown which are all total win, happening to feature Cornell.
I didn't like rusty cage, but liked those others. Haven't heard Superunknown.

Rage had dozens and dozens of amazing songs, Wake Up, Bomb Track, Guerilla Raido, Killing in the Name, Bulls on Parade, Renegades of Funk, etc, and the list goes on.
Repetitive garbage.

Level 36
Nobody fucking cares, stop your spamming or I'll punish you.

I don't think any of them are repetitive, it's all the same style, but the songs are all awesome in their own way. And I love Rusty Cage <3

Audioslave's first album was great, the rest, not so much. I hated Original Fire, just got so damn annoying.

Level 34
I don't think any of them are repetitive, it's all the same style, but the songs are all awesome in their own way. And I love Rusty Cage <3

Audioslave's first album was great, the rest, not so much. I hated Original Fire, just got so damn annoying.
Original Fire was overrated. In fact, it wasn't very good to start with. I have no idea why so many people liked that song when the CD had much better songs on it.

Level 9
John Lennon was actually the biggest fag out of all the Beatles, besides Ringo Starr that is. The point is that George Harrison is god.

And that list is great except for GnR, Metallica (Unless it's old Metallica), and Motley Crue, who just blow period.

Old Metallica duh..

And i demand to know why not GnR. Slash-era GnR was amazing.

I only like Carnival of Sins for motley crue. The rest is crap, i agree.

Anyhow, i see Led Zeppelin as the greatest band ever. The exact amount of narcotics required to produce the same amount of perfection achieved by Led Zeppelin is equivilent to 769lbs of cocaine and 232gallons of LSD.

Last edited:
Level 36
Thank god for old Metallica.

I can definitely tell you that both Aerosmith and GnR are incredibly talented bands, but I hate both of them. I find their music annoying, their songs repetitive, and the guitar boring. I now, blasphemy, but I've never really liked either of them.

Level 34
Some Bands I listen to are...
  • Hoobastank
  • Linkin Park
  • My Chemical Romance
  • Him
  • Simple Plan
  • SR-71
  • Sum 41
  • Blink 182
  • Violent Work Of Art
  • Soilwork
  • Enter Shinari
  • Bullet for my Valentine
  • Papa Roach

and much more.. I <3 rock.
You say you love rock... but you made that list... I don't understand.

Level 7
Damn, this thread ain't for me. The only 'band' I could think of, is Burhan Öçal & the Istanbul Oriental Ensemble. Not quite your taste, I'm afraid. What can I say? Burhan is the best drummer ever, Istanbul Oriental Ensemble is a Turkish oriental ensemble. Live, he's awesome and they're awesome, one of the best concerts I've seen. Dunno about their albums, though, never heard any.

Level 6
Melodic death metal stuffs.
Also some folk and slightly black metal.
The majority has growl/scream vocals, like 3 or 4 without.

Amon Amarth
Blinded Colony

Eluveitie (Folk)
Ensiferum (Folk)
Graveworm
Hypocrisy
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Insomnium
Kalmah
Mors Principium Est
Mudvayne
(That's actually rap/alternative metal :p)
MyGrain
Neaera
(If you like death metal, go listen to Synergy and Armamentarium. Make sure it's good quality.)
Scar Symmetry
Shadows Fall
(Just heavy metal, they have clean vocals!)
Skyfire
Soilwork
Turisas
(Folk)
Unearth
Windir (The best band ever)
Wintersun

It's alphabetical, just took it off the WMP list.

Level 36
In Flames, now there's a band. Saw them live in May and it was amazing. I really went to see Children of Bodom but I ended up liking In Flames' part of the show better.

Bodom didn't play any of their good stuff, just a bunch of their crappier tunes, and Blooddrunk, which isn't that great. They didn't even play Tie My Rope. The only saving grace came when they closed with Downfall, their best song.

Level 6
In Flames, now there's a band. Saw them live in May and it was amazing.

Really? I saw them in June and it was utter crap.
Its a band I'd rather listen to recorded, not live.

And before you say anything like "its harder to be live" or something like that, I was at a 5-day festival, and they were the 2nd worst live performance.

Nothing to say on their CDs though, even if their last album was a bit different, it's grown on me (If you can say that in english,) and it's not that bad.
Personal favorite is Soundtrack to Your Escape though.

Level 36
Recorded is lame. Anyone can go into a studio and sound like a god. It's actually playing the music out in front of people, it's only then, that you're getting the real experience. And they did a great job, so I dunno what happened at your show. Everyone has bad days I suppose.

recorded Is Lame. Anyone Can Go Into A Studio And Sound Like A God. It's Actually Playing The Music Out In Front Of People, It's Only Then, That You're Getting The Real Experience. And They Did A Great Job, So I Dunno What Happened At Your Show. Everyone Has Bad Days I Suppose.
^

Qft

Status
Not open for further replies.