• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Music!

What genre of music?

• Rock!!!

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Classical!!!

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Pop!!!

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Rap!!!

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Reggae!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Soul/Funk/Jazz

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm curious, what types of music do you guys listen to?

I'm more of a rock fan, good charlotte, blink 182, tenacious D.

Level 36
I'm curious, what types of music do you guys listen to?

I'm more of a rock fan, good charlotte, blink 182, tenacious D.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Good Charlotte is (terrible) pop-punk. Not even close to rock. And you should have made the poll multi-selectable because many of us listen to more than one category.

I listen to all sorts of metal (prog and power remain my favourites, though melodic death metal is definetly second place), as well as an assload of punk and indie bands, interpol, bad religion, millencolin, the yeah yeah yeahs, plus a lot of electronica like UNKLE, the Prodigy, Chemical Brothers, etc. I listen to any sort of jazz, and I like trance as well for techno. Not really into rave/house/club techno, just trance. Rock is obviously up there, modern rock, soft rock, alt rock, and definetly classic rock.

My favourite band is Queens of the Stone Age, who are (if you haven't heard of them) define their own genre, desert rock, which revolves around the Palm Desert (California) scene in which they created.

Level 8
i listen to classical rock cause modern rock has those teen voice expect system of a down and other.

Level 34
Rock all the way. Pretty much all types of rock. Audioslave being on top probably.

Some metal, some punk, and a little folk. Classical is nice, but I don't listen to it on a regular basis.

I'm a single song person though. I like select songs from bands, hardly ever do I like a full CD.

Level 15
I listen to a little bit of everything, although some types of music get more listening time than others.

Level 4
Sorry for the shortage of choices, howver there are so many types in music im trying to file them under different things.

Rock contains metal, thrash, ect
Pop contains Dance, techno, trance, ect

Relate the choice to it's roots.

Also for good charlotte being pop, whoops, i was just naming a few random bands off the top of my head to get the thread going.

Level 4
I put classical up there, but i doubt any1 here listens to it.

We had to watch a video about classical music in a theater in Gen.Music once, it was horrible, kinda of like trying to brainwash us, but failing.

Level 4
i rarely listen to to dance, techno, trance or pop, :C

I also saw no classical votes, so sorry, no offense. :zip:

The video in the music class was about proper ways to attend it a theater, it had people exagerating like "Oh my god! I know that song, it's such wonderful music it fills my soul with happiness" (And that was a boy talking) Gave me a bad first impression of classical. :nw:

Level 7
Wait. Where's METAL? Don't ever mix Metal into Rock, kay?

I'm more into Symphonic Metal and Alternatives.

P.S. Curse Technos. (No offensive intentions to those who like them, it's just personal thoughts)
I still remember I throw my chair till it breaks into 3 pieces when I heard the news regarding Crazy Frog dumped Coldplay outta the top @ UK Singles Chart with the song Axel F. Not because I'm a typical fan boy, but because of people choose f*ckin meaningless dumbsong than a great song with great lyrics and great rhytm.

Level 7
I corrected my post. I like some trance and electronica too, just a few of them and most of them were from Japan.

Level 7
Heheh everyone has his own view. But I'm not into trance/electronica anyway.

Some Jap trance were quite nice but it may sounds different to some people who prefered Westernese trance. After all I forgot almost all of their names, wee.

Level 7
Yea I know that. Euro trance musicians produce much more better trance than US ones. Paul Oakenfold, Tiësto... heh.

Level 1
I Loves Mah Rock!

I like pretty much all types... also like a few oldies (The Beatles,etc...) and Soul. o_O

And a bit of classical/landscape/etc is nice once in a while.

EDIT: Uchi, The Beatles isn't really rock... just pointing it out. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.