• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Glitchcore - Music or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious - I happened on this album when I searched on wikipedia the word cat and decided to listen to a few songs of it on youtube because the name and such are just so odd. Upon listening instead of forming a definitive like it or dislike it opinion, I was left with questions - one thing certain is that I would never listen to this when I'm in the mood to listening to actual music. I really can't tell whether I'd consider this music or not and I'm interested in what others would think - apparently it's of a genre of music called Glitch-core which often uses many sounds that most musicians would avoid or find unpleasant normally caused by computer or electronics failures. What do you think?

The guy who made this stuff had put out a few albums so apparently enough people like this sort of thing to allow him to put out more then just a few songs.

It sounds like this guy owns a mac, just now discovered garageband, put a bunch of random loops together in no particular order. My graphic design teacher used to play an album of songs that are made using weird sounds, like one song was made using recording of sounds made during liposuction surgery. It was like Mozart compared to this caterwaul of noises.

Status
Not open for further replies.