• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrace Field

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Chinese Name Of Map: 梯田
English Name Of Map: Terrace Field
Map Version Information: 1.24
Map Size: Large (192×192)
Map Sandbox Template: Village
Number Of Map Players: 6v6
Map Overview Description:
  Futile human beings are still fighting to protect their mountain fields. However, a powerful military force is about to rush back to their manor like a mountain torrent.
Map Structure Desig:
-030 Gold Mine
-001 Goblin Merchant
-001 Goblin Laboratory
-002 Way Gate
-001 Mercenary Camp (Village)
-001 Tavern
Acknowledgement
Special thanks to all of the following people (Custom image creators):
bigapple90
Amdor
~Nightmare
maxor_gan
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Archangel_Tidusx
Eagle XI
PeeKay
Deolrin
Hellx-Magnus
4eNNightmare
bisnar13
Special thanks to all of the following people (Custom model creators):
Amdor
Mechanical Man
Sliph-M
-Saggitarius-
maxor_gan
HerrDave
Hellish Hybrid
Illidan(Evil)X
WILL THE ALMIGHTY
Mike
Cavman
JesusHipster
HappyTauren
Mephestrial
kellym0
Zaldazzor
Dionesiist
JetFangInferno
Casper the Friend
Explain
  The conception of this map began in 2015, and the topographic structure was also designed in June 2015. However, due to the limited personal technology at that time, map making ran aground.
  The combat excitement of the 12 person confrontation map "Terrace Field" is second only to the 12 person confrontation map "Colosseum" I made before. It is also another successful work of myself. Of course, it is only suitable for stand-alone games, not for E-sports. Because I added new elements to the map, a new hero, some new units, and some new skills. These custom units were summarized in the "neutral camp" by me, and AI system was written for the neutral camp. Therefore, in the process of the game, the neutral camp will selectively attack the player camp and even destroy the player base... In order to better experience the game, I don't have many spoilers. I just want to remind you a little: "protect your farmers."
  It is not recommended to use Warcraft III remake to run the map, because Warcraft III remake will invalidate some custom skills in the map and cause the game to get stuck.
ZLY199377 
January 25, 2022
Previews
Contents

Terrace Field (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
The concept seems nice, however the map layout severely impedes the melee gameplay performance as there are mostly one way only paths and cramped spaces. Considering the game's pathing issues, this map would mainly be a painful experience overall...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
The concept seems nice, however the map layout severely impedes the melee gameplay performance as there are mostly one way only paths and cramped spaces. Considering the game's pathing issues, this map would mainly be a painful experience overall. Imagine all those players just blocking each other at every corner. There's also places that seemingly cannot be reached by ground units as there is no possibility to transport them there.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
A fun map. Some places are a bit tight, and it was very hard to see what was happening in the bottom corner (maybe intentional?), but I enjoyed it.