• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Found a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
At the beginning when it explained the camera system it is partially cut off by the minimap and you can only see: oe to continue, which i eventualy figured was escape. may need to move that. im not a big fan of the camera system either. Maybe a second camera mode? id be happier with overhead locking camera if you dont want people looking ahead. I tested up to Food! at which point I got bored of the camera.

1. In the beggining, you see Pyritie and Lirch stand by the cave for a really short time.
And?

2. The artifact that the mad god smashes doesn't have the orbs in it.
Because I haven't made a model for it yet? ;)

3. I don't think Pyritie holds a piece of the artifact but instead the amulet that binds it all together. I got this from where his mother said. "Now it looks like you've discovered one of those pieces Pyritie".
Well anything that's a part of the whole is a "piece". So yeah, I can see your point, but bleh.

4. When the thing that explains how to move shows up, the interface hides the line what to press on to continue.
Yeah I've been meaning to fix that... keep forgetting...

5. I don't think the headbutt icon should be a foot.
Well it's either an eye, a nose, teeth, the finger, or the foot. So I chose the foot.

6. A wolf is trapped behind trees near the trainstation village, it's an adult wolf.
Oh. Whoops.

7. You need better models for jewels.
Indeed I do. Just remember that these are uncut. When gems are uncut they just look like colored rocks.

8. The blue dragon that goes aboard with Pyritie and Lirch doesn't come out, and since there is only 2 stations... ( I guess she didn't buy the ticket to go back).
No, she... umm... died in the train. And nobody noticed. >.=.>

9. A house in dragonlitermorticae is black, see screenshot.
I feel like shouting out "OMG RACIST" for the hell of it, but meh.

It's a visibility blocker problem. If you walk around more it should be fine.

10. It's very annoying that you can't start the food quest untill you've spoken to the guards.
Well that's the whole point, I guess.

Also Lirch says "Hey, she forgot her food" before she has left.
Already fixed.

11. Some streetlights are really bad positioned, see screenshot.
Maybe their architect was underpaid.

12. It doesn't stand what to do when you've bought all the food. Nor does it stand for Dragon spirit quest.
Making it detect when you have all the food proved to be an immense problem before. I just dropped it. People can count food themselves.
And the spirit quest one is added.

13. When you talk to coalch they goes right into him instead of standing infront of him.
Fixed.

14. If you get money for completing the dragon spirit quest, there is no special effect for it. (Alchemists transmutation)
Fixed.

15. I think that Scorch should say that the portal to the dimension of air lies in the forest near the city, so you know where to look.
But the portal isn't there! The portal (if you use iseedeadpeople) is to the west of the city.

16. Scorch says that since she got interested in the artifact several years ago. It stands SEVERAL but the voice says thirteen.
Fixed.

At the beginning when it explained the camera system it is partially cut off by the minimap and you can only see: oe to continue,
Fixed.
id be happier with overhead locking camera if you dont want people looking ahead.
But then all you'd see is trees!
I tested up to Food! at which point I got bored of the camera.
Food!? What's that?

Thanks again guys!

Well, remember the back pack system you wanted ?? but that some guy never did it ??

Well, I didn't forget that, and this morning I decided to make some research, and I found this back pack.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/spells/577/

There are various versions of it, but I think this is the most recent (not sure though).

I think it is easy to use, and it can solve your problems when it comes to back pack systems. It uses no vJass or Handle system (as far as I know), so I think it's perfect for your campaign.

Plz, say something when you get done with evaluating it.

Level 8
In Pyritie's Adventure 2.1, I have found 2 bugs in Chapter 2:-
1) There is a torch in mid-air on one of the paths on the walls. It is the one you access from outside the king's district.
2) Buying more food than required prevents user from completing the food quest.

Level 8
1) I've attached the screenshot. The torch is currently seen as going right through Lirch's wing and is clearly in midair.

Attachments

• PyritiesAdventure2Ch2Bug1.jpg
    PyritiesAdventure2Ch2Bug1.jpg
    464.5 KB · Views: 135
Level 12
I just remember that I have a little thing to tell:

When Scorch and Pyritie just have left at the end of chapter 2 Pirch(or Pirchis cant remember) comes and says: Did she leave yet? Or am I to late? i think.

I find this very odd since Did she leave yet and am I to late are practicly the same question. She should say only "Dont tell me Im to late or something". At least something better than those 2.

Level 23
I dont know if this is old, but it didn't look like it was in your todolist, and I scrolled through the most parts of this thread, and didn't see it there either.

Its happends in the cinematic part... After killing the elementals, and walked through the portal, I suppose it is a new chapter where they come home for dinner?? (I dont really know since the bug occured before that)

The screen turns black, and nothing is happening, yet I waited for several minutes. (should it?)

I had no other choice than exit warcraft...

The screenie looks, like this (well)
hmmyr4.jpg

Level 23
I also found another cinematic freeze moment, in chapter 2

Its when the fruit lady is following Pyritie (and that green one ._.) to the king's guard, when the lady is having her head inside a pillar, frozen, and the cinematic does as well... Here is a screenie of that moment (fruit lady is on the left)
stucktv6.jpg

I also found another cinematic freeze moment, in chapter 2

Its when the fruit lady is following Pyritie (and that green one ._.) to the king's guard, when the lady is having her head inside a pillar, frozen, and the cinematic does as well... Here is a screenie of that moment (fruit lady is on the left)
stucktv6.jpg

Meh. That's probably just because of wc3's crappy pathing. Probably what happened is that the other dragons were in the way so then she couldn't find a way around them and just stopped.

Level 3
When I select a unit (including wolves) i can control it with arrow keys. Is this a bug?

Level 3
These are the bugs that I noticed:

1. Do typos count? In the map description, it should be "he and his friend" not "him and his friend"...
2. The camera doesn't lock on Pyritie after he enters and leaves the house (collect wood quest).
3. I noticed there were places where speech is inconsistent with the text. Since getting voices is a lot harder, I suggest changing the text to match the speech.
4. I use Grimoire to test my own maps. Sometimes I then switch to Pyritie's Adventure and get "double free of location Trig_Train_Move_Actions/Forward/Turn_Left/Right" errors during 2nd map.
5. Like lot's of others said, I can gain control of any NPC unit.
6. I think the mine should not be pinged after I've already got the uncut gem, right? Since we are supposed to go back to the train station, the train station should be pinged.
7. I pressed Esc just before the initial fade out for the cinematic where you first meet the King's guards. Then I lost user control afterwards - can't cast any spell, or click-to-move. I can still use arrow keys though.

I think your map is really creative and interesting; it left me "hanging" on the last chapter (map 2). I also like the music at the start of map 1 (i.e. "Morning Song", E. Grieg). I hope you get the 3rd map done soon!

P.S. Is it just me or what? I can't access page 10 of this thread!

These are the bugs that I noticed:

1. Do typos count? In the map description, it should be "he and his friend" not "him and his friend"...
Uhh.
2. The camera doesn't lock on Pyritie after he enters and leaves the house (collect wood quest).
Really? I thought I fixed that.
3. I noticed there were places where speech is inconsistent with the text. Since getting voices is a lot harder, I suggest changing the text to match the speech.
>.=.>
4. I use Grimoire to test my own maps. Sometimes I then switch to Pyritie's Adventure and get "double free of location Trig_Train_Move_Actions/Forward/Turn_Left/Right" errors during 2nd map.
Don't use grimoire then? It works just fine in wc3.
6. I think the mine should not be pinged after I've already got the uncut gem, right? Since we are supposed to go back to the train station, the train station should be pinged.
Oh well.
7. I pressed Esc just before the initial fade out for the cinematic where you first meet the King's guards. Then I lost user control afterwards - can't cast any spell, or click-to-move. I can still use arrow keys though.
Strange.

Level 7
Ideas and Bugs

Wind: Add like clouds as tiles or something and rest is just a sky which you will fall forever if you step into it. Theres also some tornados and Elemental Storms.. The Elementals can blow you off the clouds and then its goodbye!

Earth: Underground Terrain with ALOT of dirt.. There are alot of different earth elementals. Dirt, Sand, Mithril, and more... You got to break through some stones and chunks but if you hit a base rock the cave will collapse! The earth elementals can cause an rockslide

Water: Underwater terrain. You got to relly on bubbles to get air. If you run out of Air you die.. The water elementals can go stealth in water. Everytime you get attacked you loose some air. There are also great Caverns there giant fishes goes out and devour you. Also beware of underwater currents that can lead you into dangerous cliffs.

Dont remember the other elemental realm

BUG: You can control all npcs just select em and walk em with the arrow keys.

Thank you for your suggestion but do to other projects and me generally getting bored with this campaign I'm only going to be finishing up the third map, dimension of air. All that I need to do is cinematics and finish a few puzzles, as the rest has been finished.

BUG: You can control all npcs just select em and walk em with the arrow keys.
We've already had like 20 people tell us this already. Thanks anyway!

Level 2
im stuck, when im on the wood collection quest, everytime I pick up a new wood, the number is still at 1. I thought it was supposed to be like that, so I just went and picked up all the remaining wood before trying to head into the cave. It didn't let me go into the cave and it said I had to finish chores before I go play. I tried restarting the map, no dice. Maybe I am doing something wrong?

Level 1
ok I'll try it, the only other problem I have with this game is: I click the spot on the ground to move on to another area and sometimes it dont' like me

Status
Not open for further replies.