• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. đź”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Please. Be a kind puppet master and give my sorcerer his birthright reset cooldown talent back, and sure thing, anything u want. I'm literally begging you to. Cuz right now I'm all out of motivation and still pretty sad & absent-minded from the shock of seeing it last night. And Zwieb, broseph, please don't tell me it was done for balancing reasons cuz it won't do any mending to the feeling of magic and mages being discriminated against that I right now have.

Call me an emo mushy fu©k!ng sentimental trainwreck and an unrealistic weirdo freak and anything else you want, but I was a gamer since 8 years old and I was always mesmerized by the things u can create in virtual world that aren't there in reality and I saw no point in using such possibility to recreate things that already are or have been here in this shitty real world of ours. Hence never any interest in shooting, world war games, and stuff like that.

And I have a pretty original fascination with whatever can be called magic. Remember it was the reason I posted my first thread ever. Just seeing the talent removed, opened an old wound and I'm flabbergasted also becuz: (it's pretty obvious but maybe some people haven't thought of it this way yet)

Thief (dps)----stays pure dps---> Assassin (has reset cd at 50)
|
|_______Goes hybrid dps+support----> Bard

Squire (tank)----stays pure tank----> Crusader (has reset cd at 50)
|
|______Goes hybrid dps+tank-----> Berzserker

Ranger (dps)-----stays pure dps---> Hunter (has reset cd at 50)
|
|______Goes hybrid dps + heal----> Druid

Cleric (healer)---stays pure healer----> Bishop (has reset cd at 50)
|
|_______Goes hybrid healer+tank------> Monk

Mage (dps)----stays pure dps----> Sorcerer
No one loves you. No one even likes you. You are not real. Screw magic. All other classes are real. They have reference material. They can be imagined and created stuff for. Everything else is cool and awesome but you're not. You don't get same thing as others. You don't deserve it. What IS magic even? Where the hell'd you even come from? Magic is just water-fire-lightning. It was stupid old superstitions that made you. These days we call it physics and we've got it all figured out so go back to your hilly-billy village bruh. Go back to your own dimension back to fairies and elves. Actually, we like fairies and elves but not you specifically. Even though you are made with same superstitious stupidity and folklore that made elves & fairies & witches and werewovles n vampires and undead and ghouls and monsters and gods and hell and demons and angels and blah blah. But
images
will be pointed out, singled out and differentiated against becuz we feel like not liking you. We don't wanna believe in ourselves and let our creativity run wild to get you anywhere beyond the 3-element barrier you see in. Every. Fooocking. Game. And to hell with anyone who likes your class.

|
|______Goes hybrid [I dunno what. Buffer & support maybe]+dps----> Necromancer

Just get the moral point. Most of it doesn't apply to you I know Zwieb.
And yea I know this isn't the right forum section.

Last edited:
The talent was removed because I don't like cooldown reset talents for balance reasons. It adds way too much randomness to the game.
The reason why the other talents are still there are because:
1) they don't have as much powerfull cooldowns
2) I haven't thought of a good replacement yet.

I removed the talent on request. It felt like a mandatory pick with all the high CD spells on Sorcerers. And I don't like mandatory choices. None of the other classes that have this talent profited nearly as much from it as sorcerers.

Crusaders use it to bypass a crucify CD and maybe a revenge, but that's pretty much it.
Hunters bypass low CD spell cooldowns with it... not much harm done either. Barbed arrow is single target.
Assassins don't have any significant high CD spells either. They pretty much only boost their normal rotations.
Bishops only profit from in when attacking. Except for BoL, they don't even have long cooldowns.

Sorcerers, however:
- Magic Missile
- Instant cast waterballs
- Water Elementals
- Spell Mirror
- Incinerate
- Meteor Strike
- Frost Cage

... it was just way too much sudden burst damage to ignore.

Level 5
On whose request? Can you link me to that forum thread please?
Edit: You know what never mind. I was saving replays of max haste and atkspd gear+talent test runs with the pure 5, and was gonna make a whole thread with tabled comparisons about just how preposterous it is in a bigger view and in full statistical comparison to say sorc is imba with that puny 3% reset chance that hardly ever happens... but I realized you're most likely not gonna listen anyway so.
picard-facepalm.png~c200

Gaias is just not for me anymore. May whoever ever so thoughtfully asks for these changes play and enjoy it. It was fun while it lasted.

/me emo quits.

Last edited:
Seriously, you quit because of a justified class nerf?

Also, please guys, send me more reports of the invulnerability bug! I tried analyzing it but could not find any logical pattern here. It seems completely random and why this happens is beyond me. I double checked all the code and could not find any logical mistakes in there.
Please send me detailed reports of the "stuck in combat" bug aswell! I can't help but think that these bugs are related to each other. If possible, describe what you were doing when the bug occured. If possible, send a replay!

Level 17
I just noticed that my pet has a incredibly low crit chance (or i'm just unlucky). i took the bear and have pack leader aura, so he should have a 22% crit chance at least. but it happens so rarely. i also skilled the 20% stat boost talent for the pet (dont know if this affects crit chance)

Level 5
Seriously, you quit because of a justified class nerf?

Also, please guys, send me more reports of the invulnerability bug! I tried analyzing it but could not find any logical pattern here. It seems completely random and why this happens is beyond me. I double checked all the code and could not find any logical mistakes in there.
Please send me detailed reports of the "stuck in combat" bug aswell! I can't help but think that these bugs are related to each other. If possible, describe what you were doing when the bug occured. If possible, send a replay!

Cleric class-change quest gives you in-combat bug if you ever fail to keep one of the footmen up. 100% of the time, 2 separate games.

Also happens with D3 if Gaspode doesnt die but you pull the mobs out from waves.

Sorry about no replay, but both are pretty straight forward.

Cleric class-change quest gives you in-combat bug if you ever fail to keep one of the footmen up. 100% of the time, 2 separate games.

Also happens with D3 if Gaspode doesnt die but you pull the mobs out from waves.

Sorry about no replay, but both are pretty straight forward.
Thanks! If it happens 100% of the time then this is a good way to debug it.

Thanks! If it happens 100% of the time then this is a good way to debug it.
I could actually identify and fix the issue thanks to that method.
And boy, it was ancient. This bug must have been existing since the beginning of time. I wonder why it was never reported prior to 1.2B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well for some reason I don't think people had issues until this version, at least with the cleric class change quest
Yeah I expected that. The bug itself is very old, but due to some changes in 1.2B, it's symptoms got more visible. Anyways, it's fixed now. Only some minor problems left for the new update.

Level 7
So when we steal an item and our inventory is full, the item drops to the ground. However after this happens, and then you create space in your inventory, stolen items continue to drop to the ground.

Nevermind, the stash thing was intentional xD. Just unexpected!

Also Ihaz is a hacker because he has gotten 3 souls in the time I've gotten zero.

Last edited:
Level 3
QQ图片20151028222143.jpg

QQ图片20151028222358.jpg

1.There might be something wrong about Sor learns spells.

2.An additional attack got when Psion active Imbue Armor and reflect some damage every time.
By this way Psion could get very high DPS at a short moment when facing a lot of monsters. eg.D3 or spiders

3.You known,the cube will disappear sometime after loading the soul code.

***this is the replay on war3 v1.24E & Gaias v1.2B9***

Attachments

• LastReplay.w3g
    576.9 KB · Views: 99
Level 4
The formula of Twisting Metal (E) says [Spellpower + Armor(target)] x 4.5

Spellpower of my level 7 Mystic and Armor for a level 4 Spider

Spellpower: 6
Armor of target: 0

[6 + 0] x 4.5 = 27

The ability hits for three times. So we take 27 and divide it by 3 = 9.

So the ability would hit a total of three times with 9 points of damage each hit.

But this isnt the case. The ability hits for 8 points of damage instead of 9. I would believe Spellpower is an real converted to integer. So my multiboard shows i have 6 spellpower but in reality i got 5.XX of spellpower.

Anyhow, just wanted to report it.

Level 4
1.2B (11) Bugs

- Boars when ensnared by the quest item "Hunter's Net" can be healed by Tarosh Bloodborn before despawning. Resulting in wasted mana.
- Mercenaries gets the effect and buff from the ability "Roar" cast by enemy units. Resulting in Mercenaries getting unintented attack power.

Level 3
I don't know if I already reported this bug but here it goes:
If you are using a monk, Symbol of fury says that it lasts 45 seconds with a cooldown of 60s, if you get the lvl 30 talent you see that the skill changed to 75s when it should add 15s with a total of 60s.
Also, sometimes I used symbol of fury on myself and it lasted more than 1 minute without the talent.

Level 3
There is also another bug but I don't know how to reproduce it, I saw some people playing in the bots with lvl 50 accesories, one was ring of the paragon and I don't remember the other one. They told me it was easy to do it but I haven't figured out how to.
7PEG0GP.jpg

Level 7
Thats actually the accessory glitch we've been mentioning that has happened over the last couple versions. When comping in our codes, our accessories get changed unless they're in the backpack/stash, one of the changes is one of the items turning into Ring of the Paragon.

Level 3
GAIAS V1.2B(13)
(1)
hunter
lv 30 talent claims
+ all res 10%
actually it adds only 5%

(2)
sin
with lv10 & 40 talent adds 25% and 30% critical strike damage
and it should be add to both critical strike dmg of normal attack and spell dmg
but as to spell dmg crit dmg is wrong

Last edited:
Level 3
GAIAS V1.2B(13)
(1)
hunter
lv 30 talent claims
+ all res 10%
actually it adds only 5%

(2)
sin
with lv10 & 40 talent adds 25% and 30% critical strike damage
and it should be add to both critical strike dmg of normal attack and spell dmg
but as to spell dmg crit dmg is wrong

1.2B(13)
Monk
lv 30 talent choice #1 : duration of 'symbol of fury' increased by 15 sec
but after choosed this , the talent book shows it increased by 30 sec

Level 8
Necromancer:

-Curse of Vampire is not visible on agro bar unlike all other skills (also not visible healing ticks little -like 5-10hp, but still)
-Necromancer skele minions low arp makes them nearly useless (50th skill focused on them is kinda wierd:()
-Skeleton Mage, goes oom pretty fast, even with endgame item, after while he stand still due to lack of auto attack.
-Bone Detonation: unlike friendly cast spells this is requite to aim perfectly so You cant target with this ability via enemy like You can do with for examp. "heal"
0,5 sec cast, low dmg, no spell interrupt, makes this spell uselesss / limited for debuffing enemy armor, at cost of necro already low dps.

Psion:
Mind Twist jumping, works good, but its usefull only when it jumps between tank and enemy, wich happens very rarely, usualy first jump goes to minion or meele dps and its gone.. it also makes increase to 6 jumps poinltess.
I think reworking spell/talent is needed.
maybe to decreasing extra dmg on hit.. like frist hit 2sp/second 1,5sp ect... also enemy hits healing it's target with similar amount (so no more undesirable jumping)

When player with legenday soul, leaves game, aura remains in place where hero stood at leaving game.

Last edited:
Level 7
Hexblade
Binding Chains work buggy in some situations:
- If target can not move (lika mana lanterns / ancient one & tentacles in d2) pull will work and hitbox will go to the hero, but visual model will remain at old place. You can select it only hovering over old place, but game will show green circle at new position.
Maybe just disable pull for units with 0 movespeed?
- If target casting something (fireball / waterball / etc) and you pull it, projectiles will spawn at old position, not where target is now.

Thief
Dazing Trap actually dazes bosses, even if they have stun immunity.
For example you can interrupt casting of Lieutenant's AoE stun with this trick. :)

D3 waves aggro
It looks really weird. Sometimes mobs can aggro on players without any reason, even if it looks like aggro is high for main tank.
Interesting that this usually happens if you attack big pack of mobs staying in one point (i.e. i hit with direct attack 1 mob, but all closest mobs turning on me and start attack).
I guess it happens because new mob reposition trigger goes wild with big pack of enemies on one side and big pack of allies on another. They begin stuck in models and switch to another targets in aggro list.

Also i heard that Gaspode can attack friendly mobs, didn't see it however. :)

Frost Cage & Dazing Trap
Can not confirm repeatability, but caster murlocs at bottom camp (2x caster 1x melee) can cast even inside Frost Cage, if they were dazed with trap earlier.

Last edited:
Level 7
It would seem if, as a Psion, taking crippling curse as an enemy target spell allows you to cast it on allies as well.

Imbue armor + Levitate is bugged. When it reflects any amount of damage, a white number is the reflected damage. Levitates shadow damage seems to proc whenever a white number is dealt.

Combining 3 green souls + a level 35+ weapon just turns the weapon into a rare material and leaves the souls. Turning souls into a blue soul should be prioritized.

Steal seems to put items onto the ground rather than into the backpack. This only happens if the characters inventory is full. If a space is open then items go to backpack like normal.

Armors awarded from quests seem to have their floating model stay forever.

Classing up from magician to sorcerer caused the red parts on the cape of 'Tunic of the Saint' to turn from red to gray (it actually looked really cool IMO). Similarly, changing hair color changes the red color on shield of the cavalry.

Muzzels entire new map.

Last edited:
Level 8
Combining 3 green souls + a level 35+ weapon just turns the weapon into a rare material and leaves the souls. Turning souls into a blue soul should be prioritized.

It works fine, U prolly saved 1 of souls or blue item. (or puted 1 soul too far from circle)

Level 7
It wasn't working with Batters edges, tried with 3 different ones :p. It turned Batters Edge into a rare material and left the souls. Tried again with a moonlight tiara and it worked fine, sooooooo. Edit: Tried again with prince of skulls, and same result as the batters edge's. Also same result with some level 35 green weapons.

Last edited:
Level 8
Got a critical error I haven't seen before. Happened directly after killing Golem world boss as I clicked sleep. I'm hoping it has more to do with me having warcraft open for 20 hours (since I don't need to restart war3 before every gaias game anymore I just leave it on) than an issue with the map.

attachment.php

No replay ofcourse, but it happened at ~UTC+2 13:00 in farmbot #17. Bot owner can get the replay.

Some details:
Mystic lvl18 with shaman merc.
Teammate: Ranger lvl18 with lancer merc
Game length: ~2 hours

Attachments

• crit error.jpg
    crit error.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 453
This error message basicly tells you that WC3 exceeded the memory limit for applications of your OS.
Unfortunately, WC3 seems to crash once it reaches around 1.5GB of memory used. This is why leaking maps are such a big problem.

All maps, including Gaias will leak to some extent. And while Gaias is coded in a way to prevent all artifical JASS-related leaks, I can do nothing about the leaks the Blizzard devs themselves introduced into the core game mechanics.
So, yeah, it's probably a good idea to restart your game every now and then. I didn't even know 20 hour sessions on WC3 are possible...

Level 7
Not really a bug, but can you move the stash salesperson to the soul vault? Seems kinda weird to sell them in mytargas and then pop up in the vault.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
I disagree. The stash is only in the soul area for the sake of gameplay convenience. Putting a trader in there wouldn't make sense from a lore perspective. Finally, a few services unique to the city is a good thing.

Level 9
If psion enslaves treant total shot begins to happen.
1. Treant spawns.
2. Dog spawns.
3. Dog instantly dies.
4. Treant gets more hp.
5. Go to 2 xD.

Also when u enslave allied summons via PvP scalings get weird and they loose all armor. I am not sure but I think they also loose ap bonus and their hp is not reduced. It is like 15% lower then druid owned.

Imbue armor damage is attack damage. It adds psi blade stacks and levitation can affect it.

In 80% games I do not have tp to soul vault after loading. Maybe it is cuz I load vault before char, idk.

Last edited:
There had been bug reports about some offensive Psion spells (after stealing) being able to target the Psion or allies aswell.

Can you guys please tell me which spells are affected by that?
I couldn't find the posts about that because bug reports are scattered all over the place instead of just this subforum.

Level 7
Sometimes effects stay permanently again happened with bash on a mount with the Deathfire Aura activated (might have to do with toggles) and frost bomb from Alch while not mounted

Level 10
in the arena dueling a necro he used the stun that does fire damage on me and it persisted out of arena. I was able to use spells and mount but was unable to move and continued after death. Attached is a replay. It occurs at the very end of the repaly.

Attachments

• stunbug.w3g
    300.1 KB · Views: 147
Level 1
Sanev quest reward for magician (Hat of Wisdom) doesn't give +1 Ar as intended but +2AP

Level 1
the stats panel/threat bar is not appearing when i'm loading a single player game.
also i saw a "wirt's other leg" item dropped near my character (what's this for? is this supposed to happen?).

the stats panel/threat bar is not appearing when i'm loading a single player game.
also i saw a "wirt's other leg" item dropped near my character (what's this for? is this supposed to happen?).
Do not use the regular save/load of Warcraft. It is not supported and can lead to weird bugs like those.
Use the -save command instead to save your character. Play in LAN mode if you want to play solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.