• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Found a bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
There are still problems with the wood thing. It took me quite a few tries to pick up each one, then I had to drop most of them to pick them up again in the hopes that they would stack.

I remembered that the DotA Template (from the helper.net) had a stacking script. I am putting it below. Give credits to SD_Ryoko and AceHart if you use it. (They are recorded as the authors of the map). This script will stack ANY items that have charges.
DotA Template said:
function Trig_Combine_Items_Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
if ( not ( GetItemCharges(GetManipulatedItem()) > 0 ) ) then
return false
endif
if ( not ( udg_Combine_Charged_Items == true ) ) then
return false
endif
return true
endfunction

function Trig_Combine_Items_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local integer ITEMCOUNT
local integer ITEMLOOP
local integer CHARGES
local integer MAXIMUM
local item NEWITEM
local unit OURUNIT

set MAXIMUM = udg_Combine_Charges_Max
set ITEMCOUNT = 0
set ITEMLOOP = 0
set CHARGES = 0
set NEWITEM = GetManipulatedItem()
set OURUNIT = GetManipulatingUnit()

loop
exitwhen ITEMLOOP > 6
if ((GetItemTypeId(NEWITEM)) == (GetItemTypeId(UnitItemInSlotBJ(OURUNIT, ITEMLOOP)))) then
if ((GetItemCharges(UnitItemInSlotBJ(OURUNIT, ITEMLOOP)) + GetItemCharges(NEWITEM)) <= MAXIMUM) then
if not ( (UnitItemInSlotBJ(OURUNIT, ITEMLOOP)) == (NEWITEM)) then
set CHARGES = (GetItemCharges(UnitItemInSlotBJ(OURUNIT, ITEMLOOP))) + GetItemCharges(NEWITEM)
call SetItemCharges( UnitItemInSlotBJ(OURUNIT, ITEMLOOP), CHARGES )
call RemoveItem( NEWITEM )
set ITEMLOOP=7
endif
endif
endif
if ( ITEMLOOP < 7 ) then
set ITEMLOOP = ITEMLOOP + 1
endif
endloop
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Combine_Charged_Items takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_Combine_Charged_Items = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Combine_Charged_Items, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM )
call TriggerAddCondition( gg_trg_Combine_Charged_Items, Condition( function Trig_Combine_Items_Conditions ) )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Combine_Charged_Items, function Trig_Combine_Items_Actions )
endfunction

The trigger was called "Combine Charged Items"

EDIT: If it doesn't work (I think there are variables that it uses) I will email you the DotA template, or you can get it from the helper.net

Last edited:
Level 12
I see that you hav been talking about the wood quest so i won't mention that. I am pretty sure that in chapter 1 when Pyritie says PANCAKES!! the first time there isn't a voice with, only in second time.

Level 35
I havent read all of found bugs yet.. so I am just going to post what I found currently.. then going to update this with more. (it is the new version I am testing)

Map: Dimension of Air
First one: The falling blocks.. dunno if you can but maybe dont allow units to walktrough them.. it is jsut a look thing.

oh and are they supposed to follow you when your on the second moutain?

Then there is this:

Picture removed due to secrecy issues.

I dont suppose that unit is supposed to be there...

Also when showing the movie of pyritie using Gust of Wind... when they fall they stand up before their other body's disappear.

last one aint a bug it is more like a qustion: it is on purpose that the completed set item (the one pyritie is collecting for) is laying on the ground in start right?

btw: the blink ability in that set item has no tooltip or name..

btw btw: The ball falling down from the mountain top doesnt always move the same... and it stays a bit to long on the ground after dead. And while they dont follow the same part each time, they doesnt hit the spot where you marked them land... (blight areas)

btw btw btw: is it on purpose that the third mountian is crwaling with way to many elementals?

And why can Scorch summon Crystal Golems with his Elemental Mastery (which you btw made a small spell error in: you wrote it: Elementa l Mastery)

Lastly something which ist a bug.. but how you come from mountian 2 to the gate where you shall use the gold key isnt very clear.... maybe you sohuld make somekind of entrance or point similar...

Last edited by a moderator:
The falling blocks.. dunno if you can but maybe dont allow units to walktrough them.. it is jsut a look thing.
I can't; then I'd need to add pathing blockers and everything... it'd be too much of a hassle.

oh and are they supposed to follow you when your on the second moutain?
Yes. That's part of the challenge.

Then there is this:
Picture removed due to secrecy issues.
I dont suppose that unit is supposed to be there...
That only happens after you type in "m2". That unit is for certain... events that happen later in the map.

Also when showing the movie of pyritie using Gust of Wind... when they fall they stand up before their other body's disappear.
That's because the flying units are actually a missle effect. Once donut3.5 finishes the animations it will look correct.

last one aint a bug it is more like a qustion: it is on purpose that the completed set item (the one pyritie is collecting for) is laying on the ground in start right?
That one (with the blink ability and stuff) is for testing purposes.

btw btw: The ball falling down from the mountain top doesnt always move the same... and it stays a bit to long on the ground after dead. And while they dont follow the same part each time, they doesnt hit the spot where you marked them land... (blight areas)
I know. It's a problem with the system. Maybe I'll add in a physics system later once I'm done with the other two maps.

btw btw btw: is it on purpose that the third mountian is crwaling with way to many elementals?
All of those air elementals are there so I can test the three air abilities. Don't worry, they won't be there once Earth-Fury finishes my 2D gravity system.

And why can Scorch summon Crystal Golems with his Elemental Mastery (which you btw made a small spell error in: you wrote it: Elementa l Mastery)
Because it's a type of air elemental maybe? And oops.

Lastly something which ist a bug.. but how you come from mountian 2 to the gate where you shall use the gold key isnt very clear.... maybe you sohuld make somekind of entrance or point similar...
Haven't added the cinematic for that mountain yet.

Thanks!

Level 27
Maybe you already know but i aint going to read what you already know from others.

You have to press like 12 times to finally get the wood into your inventory
In the house the regions to get to other parts can be larger i think..
The voice acting sometimes has this strange noise.. and also my boxes started making weird squaky sounds sometimes =/
And after the cinematic that they go into the cave it doesnt go any further..

Level 27
When i go outside to play im immediatley directed to my dad which says to me i have to search wood. So after he said that i pick up the wood thingies.. but i have to click like 12 times because it drops out of my inven all the time =/
And i i've downloaded the version of the newspage so i think thats you 1.3.1 ?

Maybe you already know but i aint going to read what you already know from others.

You have to press like 12 times to finally get the wood into your inventory
In the house the regions to get to other parts can be larger i think..
The voice acting sometimes has this strange noise.. and also my boxes started making weird squaky sounds sometimes =/
And after the cinematic that they go into the cave it doesnt go any further..
Same with me, more like 2-5 times though. (Yes with newest version).

Level 8
It just sort of stops when the screen fades into black after Pyritie and his brother go into the tunnel when the elems are killed. I had to press F10 to bring up the pause menu because it did not go out of letterbox mode. After that I quit the mission and then after a victory screen, the credits start up.

I understand that the other maps are unfinished but I'm pointing out that it does not move on smoothly into the credits.

P.S. I have Warcraft III The Frozen Throne v1.21

Level 12
Here chapter one of the new tester version:

1. When Lirch talks, his voice sound is to low.

2. Music when you're doing chores/collecting wood, can beep at sometimes. May not be very annoying but still.

3. Good to see you've fixed the wood bug.

4. When Pyritie get to the temple and then turn to look into it, he turns to the way he came from. This should not be hard to fix.

5. Dappledorch and Burnies voices sound different from the new voices included in the version.

6. When Pyritie says "STOP! *LISTEN* I was the one who discovered this place, so its only fair that i get it. Also im older than you." He doesn't say *LISTEN*.

7. When elementals spawned they spawned at the position of Pyritie and Lirch.

8. "That was like... totaly ownage!" When Lirch says that you can hear that the voice sound is not the same. It's the old one.

9. I find it odd that the fire elemental attacked Lirch though he was farest away from him, also Lirch didn't turn to face it. And I think Pyritie was supposed to go longer in because you could only see a part of the elemental. The rest was out of camera range.

Hope that helped and hopes to bring you chapter two soon.

Mechmap out!

Here chapter one of the new tester version:

1. When Lirch talks, his voice sound is to low.
I've already gotten him to re-record them.

2. Music when you're doing chores/collecting wood, can beep at sometimes. May not be very annoying but still.
Must be a problem with the music file. Bah.

4. When Pyritie get to the temple and then turn to look into it, he turns to the way he came from. This should not be hard to fix.
Bah, they do that sometimes. Most of the time they don't so :/

5. Dappledorch and Burnies voices sound different from the new voices included in the version.
New microphone! :D

6. When Pyritie says "STOP! *LISTEN* I was the one who discovered this place, so its only fair that i get it. Also im older than you." He doesn't say *LISTEN*.
Oh. Oops.

7. When elementals spawned they spawned at the position of Pyritie and Lirch.
Huh.

8. "That was like... totaly ownage!" When Lirch says that you can hear that the voice sound is not the same. It's the old one.
Already fixed. I just need to reimport the sounds.

9. I find it odd that the fire elemental attacked Lirch though he was farest away from him, also Lirch didn't turn to face it. And I think Pyritie was supposed to go longer in because you could only see a part of the elemental. The rest was out of camera range.
The fire elemental always attacks lirch. That's just how it goes. But I'll see what I can do about the camera.

Thanks!

Level 8
Major glitch with the second map...

Shortly after I was protesting about the lack of the option to sell the various wolf fang/bones/other rocks in place of the chipped jewel, I shortly came across a large bug that disabled me from getting any farther into the campaign. After handing over the gems, I was treated to a long, 5 minute cutscene of an arrived train just sort of... sitting there. After I minimized (and shortly got distracted) and remaximized my WC3, I came across this nice view of an empty train-track:

Attachments

• Py Bug.jpg
    Py Bug.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 178
Well, after testing your map I think I may have found some bugs in map 2 (didn't test for map 1 yet). I'll explain them tomorrow

EDIT

HI, well, I must say that map two was increased nicely now. Anyway, I will expose some bugs, and some suggestions.

1 - From the begging, when Py and his brother are in the forest, it is very easy to get lost. I suggest some kind of directional system, that points north, south or whatever. A compass would be nice, bad I know that would be complicated (I think).

2 - After collecting valuable rocks, the ticked guy gave me a backpack .... He should have.... I got no Backpack .. why ?

3 - When searching for the Kind I found a female dragon telling me i couldn't pass ... I believe I have to count all wisps first, but anyway, who does her voice !? Her voice is way cool, and she sounds sexy !!! Who is she ? (lol)

4 - When searching for the King, I found a dragon villager with an exclamation mark on his head ... so I went and tried to talk to him ... but nothing happened... why ?? If nothing is supposed to happen, why does he has that exclamation mark on the head ?

5 - When using Panic, I experienced several bugs. If I use panic, while ordering Py's brother to move forward (pressing up key), I will see a pink light, and the nothing happens. I don't understand what causes the bug ...

6 - When walking through the walls of the city, i can't pass through the dragons guarding them ... not with Py ... happens that Py is just to fat to pass through those guards ... But his brother (the green one), can pass easily through them ... This causes Py to be separated from his brother, when they walk in the wall. I suggest you reduce the collision size of Py (usually the hero is not that fat lol). However, you can allow that, to force the player to use his brother. (Although you could give the player a tip, to change hero).

I guess it is all for now.
More stuff coming up soon.
Hope I am helping.

EDIT EDIT

Well, after testing the map, I found a few more bugs, and I have a few more suggestions:

1 - After you finish counting spirits, nothing happens .. and you don't know what to do after (I knew, because I already tested the map lol), but most people wont know what to do next. You should update the spirits counting quest and order Py and his brother to go to the dragon, who first game them the quest.

2 - In the food seller, (red dragon selling meat and fish) there is a sign saying "Bob's guns" GUNS !? it should be Bob's food, or shop or anything ... not guns lol.

3 - When trying to buy the food for the villager we never know where the shops are. You could make signals on the mini-map, indicating their location, like you do with the other quests.

4 - If you don't like this, there is an alternative. In the city, there are lots of wood signals. You could use them to point a direction, or to give some sort of useful information when the player reaches an area nearby them, or clicks them. It would be interesting and easy to do.

5 - After giving the food to the villager, she comes with Py and his brother to help them .... however moments before she said she couldn't leave the house because she had no key .... so ... how is it going to be ?? Obviously her house got assaulted after ..

6 - When searching for Scorch, the player has no references to what the eastern part of the city is ... you should also make a signal on the mini-map telling use where she is.

7 - In the wall, there is a gem .... (ruby I think). When When I picked it up, the text saying "you found a gem you can go buy your tickets" appeared. This makes no sense because I already had the tickets ... this leads to another conclusion - if you drop one of you items, and then catch it again, the message will still show up. You have to end that quest or turn off that trigger somehow.

In the third map (dunno if we are supposed to test it) the player just has no time to read the text commands ... You should display them after the movie.

Btw, I see you found that Crystal dragon made by olofman. Great model, I had it on my map too =). There is also a fire dragon (from hell) model, that is excellent as well =). You may want to download it.

Wow, that's a big post there.

1 - From the begging, when Py and his brother are in the forest, it is very easy to get lost. I suggest some kind of directional system, that points north, south or whatever. A compass would be nice, bad I know that would be complicated (I think).
That's part of the fun, to get lost in the forest.

2 - After collecting valuable rocks, the ticked guy gave me a backpack .... He should have.... I got no Backpack .. why ?
Because HappyTauren was supposed to make me a backpack system but he never did.

3 - When searching for the Kind I found a female dragon telling me i couldn't pass ... I believe I have to count all wisps first, but anyway, who does her voice !? Her voice is way cool, and she sounds sexy !!! Who is she ? (lol)
After the red dragon you have to go to Dirch.

And that voice actor is a 12-year old. :p

4 - When searching for the King, I found a dragon villager with an exclamation mark on his head ... so I went and tried to talk to him ... but nothing happened... why ?? If nothing is supposed to happen, why does he has that exclamation mark on the head ?
Oops.

5 - When using Panic, I experienced several bugs. If I use panic, while ordering Py's brother to move forward (pressing up key), I will see a pink light, and the nothing happens. I don't understand what causes the bug ...
Does the spell still cost mana and do you get the cooldown?

6 - When walking through the walls of the city, i can't pass through the dragons guarding them ... not with Py ... happens that Py is just to fat to pass through those guards ... But his brother (the green one), can pass easily through them ... This causes Py to be separated from his brother, when they walk in the wall. I suggest you reduce the collision size of Py (usually the hero is not that fat lol). However, you can allow that, to force the player to use his brother. (Although you could give the player a tip, to change hero).
Actually those guards are supposed to stop you from going up. What I need to do is make Lirch's collision bigger.

1 - After you finish counting spirits, nothing happens .. and you don't know what to do after (I knew, because I already tested the map lol), but most people wont know what to do next. You should update the spirits counting quest and order Py and his brother to go to the dragon, who first game them the quest.
Whoops. I'll add that in.

2 - In the food seller, (red dragon selling meat and fish) there is a sign saying "Bob's guns" GUNS !? it should be Bob's food, or shop or anything ... not guns lol.
That's because there was no "Bob's Food" sign in the mpq's... I'll just turn it around or something.

3 - When trying to buy the food for the villager we never know where the shops are. You could make signals on the mini-map, indicating their location, like you do with the other quests.
But that's part of the fun!

5 - After giving the food to the villager, she comes with Py and his brother to help them .... however moments before she said she couldn't leave the house because she had no key .... so ... how is it going to be ?? Obviously her house got assaulted after ..
She just tends not to think about those sorts of things that much. (i.e. blame Dirch's personality)

6 - When searching for Scorch, the player has no references to what the eastern part of the city is ... you should also make a signal on the mini-map telling use where she is.
Eastern is that way --->

7 - In the wall, there is a gem .... (ruby I think). When When I picked it up, the text saying "you found a gem you can go buy your tickets" appeared. This makes no sense because I already had the tickets ... this leads to another conclusion - if you drop one of you items, and then catch it again, the message will still show up. You have to end that quest or turn off that trigger somehow.
Whoops.

In the third map (dunno if we are supposed to test it) the player just has no time to read the text commands ... You should display them after the movie.
Those are tester's commands. Those aren't going to show up in the released version. (Go to the Log (F12) to read them)

Btw, I see you found that Crystal dragon made by olofman. Great model, I had it on my map too =). There is also a fire dragon (from hell) model, that is excellent as well =). You may want to download it.
I already have it :D

Thanks a lot for that big feedback!

That's part of the fun, to get lost in the forest.
Well, if the wolf's don't kill you first ... Also, I forgot 1 thing. In the description of the Lightning Bolt, you don't mention the chances of frying, missing and make double damage.

Because HappyTauren was supposed to make me a backpack system but he never did.

Well, there are several backpack system in THW resources section. I can help you find a good one (although I don't have the experience to create 1 myself).

After the red dragon you have to go to Dirch.

And that voice actor is a 12-year old. :p
LOL !? but it is a girl rit ? cmon, you can't humiliate me that much =P
Now seriously, you want the player to explore the city after finding the red dragon rit ? Because i did no idea what to do next (except exploring and trying to find another way in).

Does the spell still cost mana and do you get the cooldown?
Well, The hero just stops everything and the the pink light appears. The unit starts casting the spell, but the spell itself is never fired. No cold down, no mana ... just a pink annoying light.

Actually those guards are supposed to stop you from going up. What I need to do is make Lirch's collision bigger.
Mmm, so the player can just play all map with 1 hero rit ? I think that with so many heroes in you campaign, you should force the player to familiarize with them all. Per example, forcing the player to Use Py's brother to pass the guards would be a good idea because the player would become more familiarized with that hero.
Anyway, your choice, you can create a single map where you only have 1 hero per example, or an adventure map where the heroes get separated, thus forcing the player to play them on at a time.

That's because there was no "Bob's Food" sign in the mpq's... I'll just turn it around or something.
With so many doodads I just though - Well, Py can create that =P lol

Eastern is that way --->
I don't think that's gonna help people without orientation (like me). However, using the signs advice I told you would be a great idea to help the player get some orientation.
Those are tester's commands. Those aren't going to show up in the released version. (Go to the Log (F12) to read them)
Mm, Ok, so what do we need to test in map 3 ?
Thanks a lot for that big feedback!
No problem. I am glad I could help, I told you I would =)

Btw, thx for your rep+ =)

Level 2
This is Great,but it has a problem

you see,whenevr i play this game,When the camera is zoomed into the cabin,during the cinematic,everything is white,when you can see out the window i can see some of the horizon,but after that its white.And during the time that i actually get control of what i'm doing,The inside of the cabin,is black.i can see the flames of candles and some deatail,but everything in there is black,i cna only see outlines of stuff in there.But when i walk out,i see PERFECTLY.Crystal clear.Can anybody help me with this?

Level 2
what i'm saying is that once the camera first goes into the cabin during the opening movie,everything is white.and when i can play,the screen is black inside the cabin(i can see the user interface),but once i exit the cabin,i can see just fine.

Mm, I believe I have some from map 1as well as few suggestion:

1 - When the campaign begins, during the opening cinematic (where the voice actors have their names), I believe probably made a little change. You say that the actor that makes Scorch's voice (remember that Schor's is a female dragon) is a man called George something. Although it is not impossible for a man to speak with a female voice, we all understand that such is not common. I don't know if it was a man, but at least I have my mind clear in case something happens.

2 - When Pyrite is eating pancakes, you show an image teaching the player what to do. Perhaps it would be a nice idea to do the same for the Piano lesson, thus removing the ugly text.

3 - When Pyrite is picking up the toys to clean up his room the player doesn't know what to do. When he gets the toys in his inventory, he doesn't know what to do with them. Again, an image will be perfect to solve this problem, however, a text saying "Put the objects in the wood box" would also help.

4 - After playing piano and cleaning the room, there is (probably) a cinematic where Py's father calls him to get some wood. After I completed the house quests, I was not able to watch the cinematic, the red dragon didn't talk or either move. Even worse if I press esc, a similar bug occurs, while the camera stays focused on the red dragon, you can't control your hero for a while...

5 - This one is merely a suggestion. When they find the object and the elementals come alive, Py's brother says "Oh Fuck!"... Although i am not an adept of bad terms, I would suggest a term more connected to the internet, such as "What the Fuck!" or "What the Hell is that !?"

1 - Georgina !? no comments

2 - I'll assume that means "No"

3 - .....

4 - It happened when i finished the quest (toys and piano). The cinematic's effects start (mouse, camera, etc), but you really don't hear the father calling for Py, and the movie just doesn't play.

5 - Bad terms will always be bad no matter what ... Although I know you won't re-record the voice acting, it was just a suggestion.

Level 12
Ok, will test chapter 2 today so we'll see if there is any bugs in that one!

Edit:

Ok, I've got much stuff for you Pyritie.

Chapter 2:

1. In the beggining, you see Pyritie and Lirch stand by the cave for a really short time.

2. The artifact that the mad god smashes doesn't have the orbs in it.

3. I don't think Pyritie holds a piece of the artifact but instead the amulet that binds it all together. I got this from where his mother said. "Now it looks like you've discovered one of those pieces Pyritie".

4. When the thing that explains how to move shows up, the interface hides the line what to press on to continue.

5. I don't think the headbutt icon should be a foot.

6. A wolf is trapped behind trees near the trainstation village, it's an adult wolf.

7. You need better models for jewels.

8. The blue dragon that goes aboard with Pyritie and Lirch doesn't come out, and since there is only 2 stations... ( I guess she didn't buy the ticket to go back).

9. A house in dragonlitermorticae is black, see screenshot.

10. It's very annoying that you can't start the food quest untill you've spoken to the guards.

Also Lirch says "Hey, she forgot her food" before she has left.

11. Some streetlights are really bad positioned, see screenshot.

12. It doesn't stand what to do when you've bought all the food. Nor does it stand for Dragon spirit quest.

13. When you talk to coalch they goes right into him instead of standing infront of him.

14. If you get money for completing the dragon spirit quest, there is no special effect for it. (Alchemists transmutation)

15. I think that Scorch should say that the portal to the dimension of air lies in the forest near the city, so you know where to look.

16. Scorch says that since she got interested in the artifact several years ago. It stands SEVERAL but the voice says thirteen.

That it for now. I didn't take with so many things about the voice acting because I think you know those.

Well, hope that helps!

Attachments

• Pyritie2 (kopia).jpg
    Pyritie2 (kopia).jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Pyritie1.jpg
    Pyritie1.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.