• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Use this thread to report any bugs you may find in any of the campaigns.

Please include the following information in your post:
  • Be sure that you are using the latest version of the campaign
  • Name the campaign and the map of your bug
  • Describe the bug as much as possible
  • Include a screenshot showing the bug if possible
  • State which version of WarCraft 3 you are using

Thank you.

Last edited:
Level 10
Found a bug when playing Gardon in chapter 11 van Durce spams his ultimate until he is stunned then he keeps spamming it. Like with no cooldown.

Level 5
Found a bug when playing Gardon in chapter 11 van Durce spams his ultimate until he is stunned then he keeps spamming it. Like with no cooldown.
That is not a bug, Van Durce has a starfall ability, but with Justice / Ressurection spell effect

Level 5
Bug i found in Lord of Shadows; when i research thanok's boni, pre existing elites are not given the health buff
i dont know if it also applies to One of Us damage buff.

Level 7
The name of the special golem unit in chapters 10 and 11 should be Cleavehand's Revenge instead of Cleavehands Revenge (an apostrophe is missing in-game). I don't think that 'Purificator' is an actual English word either, just 'Purifier'.

Level 1
There is a bug in the fourth chapter of First Human Book. No upgrades of imperial archer's attack, while other upgrades of attack and defence of imperial warriors are level 2

Level 5
Found some mildly distracting grammar problems. Will probably add more as i replay chapters.
EDIT: Summon Zed hotkey is not as is indicated, its actually I
EDIT: Gryphon Riders are in the position of the W trained unit, but their hotkey to train is Q. This is btw on the Golden Guard version of Ch11
EDIT: Ch11 Gardon, end cinematic: after Zarin and Horgar leave after talking with Vail, they return to the area instead of leaving.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 215
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 220
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 207
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 199
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 207
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 195
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 187
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 192
  • i.jpg
    i.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 194
  • j.jpg
    j.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Level 1
In the fifth chapter of First Human book you should change altar of queens on altar of kings and elven barraks to human, if player choose Ironfist reinforcements

Serious bug in chapter ten of First Human book. Blen (Largoth) has the same inventory as Blen (real). You can give by Blen (Largoth) any artifacts to Salomar or Aedale. They will be saved in their inventories in next chapter, but also will be duplicated in the Blen's inventory. Also, any artifact from chapter ten, given to Blen (Largoth), will be lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I thought that with the recent update (0.71) there were no more elites in Ch11 B? or did u just forget to change their names?
k.jpg

Level 5
Apparently, in Ch8 Burning Corruption Away, order of the flame units take damage from my infernals seeing as they're neutral, not necessarily a bug but just something i wanted to point out.

Attachments

• l.jpg
    l.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 196
Level 10
Found a minor typo in chapter 1 of First Human Book : trouth as in "trouth the forest".

Should be through.

EDIT :

There's also an odd issue with Karskin in the same chapter. They sometimes return after destroying some units or building, at least on the first phase.

That odd issue is present in every campaign I have played so far in Hive.

Level 5
The Red Night, doom guards abilities are messed up, rain of fire and war stomp have the same hotkey

Attachments

• m.jpg
    m.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 241
  • n.jpg
    n.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 218
Level 10
Also Killing those two lackeys of Redfist are side quests but they are listed as main quests even tho they dont need to be finished to win the chapter and get to that "Let Lisara or Orie make me an asshole" part.

Level 9
In chapter 5, am I supposed to still be able to choose both Larine and Cora's leadership bonuses? Is it because we don't technically control them? Also, I picked Brian's bonus in that chapter, but I was able to pick Gardon's as well, so in chapter 5 I had all 4 bonuses.

EDIT: Just noticed this in the changelog, but Shadows of the Shadow Master upgrade still says 33% in the tooltip

Last edited:
Level 22
In chapter 5 of the 1st human book, if you walk through the elven gate with Salana, you enter the palace, the screen turns to black and you cannot go back.

Last edited:
Level 5
With the release of Patch 1.29, it broke several things apparently.

Not sure if these were reported already, but if they are, no harm in stating them again

- Gardon's cursed strike ability icon is broken (but is fine when the game is paused)
- Hero glow of Red on a brown faction

Attachments

• B.png
    B.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 302

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
- Gardon's cursed strike ability icon is broken (but is fine when the game is paused)
- Hero glow of Red on a brown faction
Yeah, both caused by 1.29.

Can't do anything about the latter, will see if I can fix the former.
Please continue reporting this kind of stuff, it is important that we get rid of this kind of stuff asap. :)

Edit:
Strangely, the icon of Crused Strike is not broken for me, I just tested it by downloading the version that I uploaded here...
Regardless, please everyone report all icons affected by this. Seeing that not all custom icons were affected in the post of @renegade, this should be fixable.
The hero glow, yeah, I wrote a post about it in the Hive thread that collects this kind of stuff.
Not happy having Gardon with red hero glow now, but I can't do anything about it without using a custom mpq file which I do not want to do.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Chapter 9 - the undead spider-ish hero, cant remember her name, is level 1, but i believe she's ought to be 10. Forgot to take a screenshot, sorry about that.

Level 10
Book 1, units and structures formerly neutral (gateways, critters like rats..) are now hostile. Noticed this in chapter 6, dark secrets (where we meet Rahandir with Aedale and Salomar). Chapter Ancient Secrets suffer the same fate. Critters are pink on minimap.
Map descriptions in loading screen also cut. Have the biggest screen (1366 to something) and still cant see the whole description.
Another bug. Played Dark secrets and jumped right into Ancient Secrets. I swapped some items between Aedale and Salomar. Aedale´s items were not saved, Salomar´s items were saved. The same with talents (upgraded Aedale´s aura to level 3 in dark, in ancient she had level 1 blizzard that I chose in previous re-run of the first book). Chose not to use the shard. Salomar´s holy bubble duration reduced from 45sec to 35sec on level 3.
Final chapter of the first human book - orc aerial attack waves forget to announce themselves. They still arrive tho. Also, when I destroy the stables, Gardon says we can have more cav but knights of kome attack wave still consists of only 2 knights. Same with elite infantry. Some heroes also switched sides they attacked from in this chapter. Destructor´s damage is 10-10 on 0 upgrade level. Stupid suicidal troll batriders still untargetable by single targed spells and autoattacks. Gardon´s Honorguard gets stuck hugging his fortress, amassing a huge army in a couple of hours. Merlon just sits in his base, never joining the attack wave.

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Book 1, units and structures formerly neutral (gateways, critters like rats..) are now hostile. Noticed this in chapter 6, dark secrets (where we meet Rahandir with Aedale and Salomar). Chapter Ancient Secrets suffer the same fate. Critters are pink on minimap.
That's probably because those formerly belonged to Player 14 (Neutral Passive) which now is an active player while Neutral passive is 26 something now. Annoying, but easy to fix.
Map descriptions in loading screen also cut. Have the biggest screen (1366 to something) and still cant see the whole description.
Didn't you have that issue before as well?
Another bug. Played Dark secrets and jumped right into Ancient Secrets. I swapped some items between Aedale and Salomar. Aedale´s items were not saved, Salomar´s items were saved. The same with talents (upgraded Aedale´s aura to level 3 in dark, in ancient she had level 1 blizzard that I chose in previous re-run of the first book). Chose not to use the shard.
Not really a bug.
That's because you skipped Chapter Seven, where both characters also appear.
Their Chapter Seven versions are being loaded for Chapter Ten.
Salomar´s holy bubble duration reduced from 45sec to 35sec on level 3.
Yeah, Blizzard change for the ability to nerf it. I am fine with it.

Level 10
That's probably because those formerly belonged to Player 14 (Neutral Passive) which now is an active player while Neutral passive is 26 something now. Annoying, but easy to fix.

Didn't you have that issue before as well?

Not really a bug.
That's because you skipped Chapter Seven, where both characters also appear.
Their Chapter Seven versions are being loaded for Chapter Ten.

Yeah, Blizzard change for the ability to nerf it. I am fine with it.

Im adding to the post what I find. But how was it that Salomar´s items did change? He was in chapter 7 too. Yet his item change was saved into chapter Ancient Secrets, while Aedy´s change was not. I managed to duplicate claws of attack and gloves of haste this way.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Im adding to the post what I find. But how was it that Salomar´s items did change? He was in chapter 7 too. Yet his item change was saved into chapter Ancient Secrets, while Aedy´s change was not. I managed to duplicate claws of attack and gloves of haste this way.
Chapter 7 is the naval battle, right? Salomar's items didnt transfer to chapter 10 for me, maybe the same occured to you. Also, in chapter two of the first human book, there is a bug causing to spawn double wave of orc emissaries. I didnt notice which one it is, but probably the fourth or the fifth. Even the chat message/warning appears twice.

Level 10
Chapter 7 is the naval battle, right? Salomar's items didnt transfer to chapter 10 for me, maybe the same occured to you. Also, in chapter two of the first human book, there is a bug causing to spawn double wave of orc emissaries. I didnt notice which one it is, but probably the fourth or the fifth. Even the chat message/warning appears twice.

This playthrough no chat warnings for me.

Level 10
1.29 is giving me headaches already.
I will limit my work to the Second Human Book for now and look into these issues afterwards.
Continue reporting everything you find, still!

Im gonna go full playthrough of the first set of books, so will do!

Hi! Was playing through the First Human Book and in the first mission, with Blen and Harmos, prior to destroying the red base, I had set up towers and harassed most of the blue Orc base's units (but many were still alive.) When control was taken away from me upon destroying the red base, and given to Harmos, the AI for Blen's units massacred the blue base prior to me getting Harmos through his solo part. When I arrived, the quest to destroy the blue base was up, but there was nothing left to kill. The quest remained uncompleted and I checked (using iseedeadpeople) whether or not there were any enemy units left, but there were none (see attached screenshot).
upload_2018-4-14_13-38-34.png

Level 1
Hi !

Just finished playing book #1 for human-orc-undead, then downloaded book 2 (demo version).

When i started the First cinematic, Largoth told me that i skipped the first book and that he was making some choices for me, even though i just played the first human book.

Is it a bug or does the choices made in book 1 are not supposed to carry over until the final release of book #2?

Level 10
Hi !

Just finished playing book #1 for human-orc-undead, then downloaded book 2 (demo version).

When i started the First cinematic, Largoth told me that i skipped the first book and that he was making some choices for me, even though i just played the first human book.

Is it a bug or does the choices made in book 1 are not supposed to carry over until the final release of book #2?

New patch, new bugs. So far no use reporting them. Let us wait for some usable patching of the patch before we do stuff.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

So, ehm, status report. So far ive made it through 5 chapters. Everything has been in tact maybe except for red hero glow for brown units but i guess that a known problem. Also for some reason it made me make choices of the first book again, but i guess that is a demo thingy. The real weird thing to me was chapter 5 and its leadership boni choice for Cora.
In chapter 3 i was given a choice to research dark wispers for her and get 15 bonus damage permanenty and an orb of darkness. But heres the thing, im chapter 5 im given that choice again. And i got the duplicate of the orb and additional 15 damage. I mean is that supposed to work like that?
Will try to report more this evening.

Level 5
As im posting this, im still playing the 2nd Human Book all over again, so this will be updated.

Chapter 1

Zed has a slight delay in attacking (the animation shows him attacking, but the actual damage is dealt after a short delay)

Lerrig returns to his position right after he is told to leave.

Chapter 2

Zed looks like he's part of the meeting instead of simply being Gardon's bodyguard (could move him closer to Gardon, but i guess that's just personal preference)

Right after the intro cinematic, Gardon resummons Zed, even though Zed was just at his side a moment ago

Leader's Hall doesn't show the arcane observatory model blowing up after finishing research, it just stands and dissapears after a short delay

A suggestion: why not make the tents in our base ours? its distracting how there are neutral buildings inside the base.

Chapter 3

Intro cinematic - "accidentally" is misspelled

Gardon once again resummons Zed after the cinematic ends

Leader's Hall doesn't blow up again, just dissapears after a while

Militia archers still don't have a death sound

Cora still doesn't do her channelling animation when casting Blizzard

Chapter 5

Starting tower at the bottom right side in the middle of the map is still destroyed by the guard tower below it

Cora's leadership boni can be abused to give free orbs of darkness, seeing as once researched, they will always give Cora another orb even if she already has one

I think that when Scarlett surrenders, there should be a delay before Gardon accepts it

Brian continually does his victory / cheer animation during Retka's death... and his talk with Gardon afterwards.

Chapter 6

The knights we have don't have the Charge ability

Larine's Healing ability has Stufe 3 as a tooltip

Load and Unload abilities of the Transport Ship isn't bound to Q W

Saphira's statement of supporting Gardon's necromancers with her own more experienced necromancers could be used as a improvement for the human necromancers, ex. abilities?

It's kinda sad that choosing Scarlett or Cora was removed

Chapter 7

Intro cinematic - Rahandir mispells specifically

The area near the queen's throne room is revealed for no reason

Cora's draining of Scarlett's powers caused her to have... Soul Drain. A bit underwhelming considering that Scarlett had useful and powerful abilities.

So chapter 7 basically has us use 2 leadership boni at the same time, seeing as we use Larine's and another boni of our choice

I just saw an assassin teleport to the nearby golden guard base... at the time of spawning, not even close to the way gate

Chapter 8

Melee eredar still have no death sounds

Harmos and Vail should say something when they find Salomar's hammer

When making the choice, i skipped through the dialogue to the choice and the cinematic after that i could not skip it

I see Lisara still freezes when she talks

Chapter 9

tool tip missing is indicated on the zealot when hovering over the effect casted by Holy Call

Mirazeyl the Ascendant is still lvl 1, and she GLOWS a lot that its mildly distracting

Playing as the golden guard is harder (for me) as chaplains were removed, forcing us to rely on Praxeus and Paladins for healing.

Are Angelics supposed to be benefiting from Steel Melee Weapons and Steel Plating?

Chapter 10

When the Main Quest appears, it says destroy the base of the Goldaxe Clan (Coal) and yet they are still colored yellow, but the description in the Quest button says they are Yellow

Chapter 11

Angelics have no spells listed under the icon of their rank

Why is Cora's Leadership Boni not available

Chapter 14 A

Flame Keeper hotkey is R when it should be E

Last edited:
Level 10
Interlude before ch 7, I picked twice the ironfist elves as larines bonus. During the scene where Gardon tells her shes gonna get promoted really high, Gardon is actually missing in that scene. Also wow. They really have that bad tents?
(This thing really hit my soft spot. I am sooooo eager to see what comes next.)

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Bugreporter reporting in. Chapter Seven and thats where things get sad. Captain Ironside does not switch sides after declaring to fight for Gardon. Some of his forces do, but the buildings and most the army still remains hostile. Instead of reviving Larine the exale - ranger, the altar tooltip says "Larine the exile - Larine the exile". Same for Cora, Brian and Gardon, so I assume this is a common bug in the demo. Chapter 8: In case if you join the mages be careful - your golems' immolation affects them :p Hell, that happens even during the cinematic, im pretty sure ive kill a firemage or two. And as for things @renegade said: the Cora/Scarlett choice is not removed, it is remade as far as I understand. As for knights in chapters 4 and 6 - I just dont understand why are we given knights in the first place. We cannot build them anyway. Think they should be replaced with respective units we're able to build for a particular chapter. Summoning Zed is also not a bug, but rather an easy way to get him into the mission I guess. Will report more later.
P.S. Larine scene made me sad. Wish I could choose Golden Guard version of chapter 14, but i guess its not done yet :p
UPDATE: Chapter 9: unable to finish the sidequest because there is no "invest 10k lumber" button in the marketplace. Albeit I bought an amulet of spellshield and staff of negation, shouldnt complaining, right? Chapter 11 (Gardon scenario): I think the ending cinematic is bugged. First of all, Renauld's body disappears, although it'd better if the body remained there. Secondly, there is a missing dialogue bit between Gardon and Marin. Marin says, that he has no choice but to tell Gardon how the cannon works, and then Gardon says "I accept your terms, I dont wanna see his rotten face". I guess it is implied that Marin asks for Renaulds body, but that part of the dialogue is missing. Also Gardon executing Lerrig scene is missing. Chapter 12 (Gardon Scenario): I guess the heroes have Vail's leadership boni pre-researched?. Chapter 14: The ending cinematic shows nothing but a black screen. The dialogues are in tact tho. The rest seemed in a working condition to me, except for the ending itself, but I guess the story is far from over, isn it? I'll make another run in a few days to make sure I havent missed anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Well that is what I mean by saying "remade".

Ironhide´s transfer did not transfer buildings for me when I made a Larine run of things, but with Salana´s run (Salana joined Gardon in book 1) the building transfer worked fine.
Lera transferred directly under my control and her base changed to allied renegades. So Ironhide was meant to die alone I take it?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Ironhide´s transfer did not transfer buildings for me when I made a Larine run of things, but with Salana´s run (Salana joined Gardon in book 1) the building transfer worked fine.
Lera transferred directly under my control and her base changed to allied renegades. So Ironhide was meant to die alone I take it?
Either that or the triggers didnt trigger in Larine's scenario ( no pun intended).
And actually, when Ironside commited treason (or Ironhide, ffs i dont remember) he was dead already, and when he respawned he was hostile too.

Level 10
Either that or the triggers didnt trigger in Larine's scenario ( no pun intended).
And actually, when Ironside commited treason (or Ironhide, ffs i dont remember) he was dead already, and when he respawned he was hostile too.

Attila and his puns :D
Anyway. Old stuff seems to work. Choice import works fine. All up to 14 works just as it did, the new stuff in those chapters works as well.
I am trying hard to find anything in chapter 14 that might cause crash or bug or anything. Going for a third run of that chapter.
First run without cheats. Cheats found no bugs or anything, lets see if I can be more successful without them :D

Dont know if its how it should be, but when you destroy one of enemy´s side legions of if your side ally fails units still spawn and barrier between you and your ally still holds.
Destructors no longer cause lighting bug.

Last edited:
Level 5
Same issue with LickMyEyeBall, the ending cinematic of Chapter 14 A shows nothing happening right after krom backstabs merlon.

As for the Cora / Scarlett dilemma, even if i picked Cora's shadow boni at least once, Cora will kill Scarlett?

Last edited:
Level 10
Same issue with LickMyEyeBall, the ending cinematic of Chapter 14 A shows nothing happening right after krom backstabs merlon.

As for the Cora / Scarlett dilemma, even if i picked Cora's shadow boni at least once, Cora will kill Scarlett?

Well, we dunno. She said she can steal Scarlett´s power. Yet it does not mean Scarlett is dead. She is powerless, thats for sure.
Yet it is possible that Cora kept her as a servant. Or that Rahandir picked up whatever was left of Scarlett, just like he did with Salana.
Btw, to the salana business. Now thats amateurish. Leave her to bleed out? Since when are Ironfist risking leaving survivors?
And why did they have to butcher her so much? Just chop the head off and be done with it.
I know, it is for story reasons. But still :D

As bugs come and go, nothing new appeared. Third playthrough of that mission (this time I even accepted Ebira´s deal) shows no new bugs. All is as reported.