• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 10
First off, thanks at all of you for reporting the bugs!
I am already working to fix everything.

Now, I have to ask this:
Did you get a new scene regarding Larine in the Interlude "Death of a Legend" or not?

You mean that empower ring and fix a tent stuff? Yep.
In some cases Gardon was missing during that scene however.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

First off, thanks at all of you for reporting the bugs!
I am already working to fix everything.

Now, I have to ask this:
Did you get a new scene regarding Larine in the Interlude "Death of a Legend" or not?
If we are talking about the tent-pounding, then yes.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Alright, stuff fixed and improved, time to answer to some questions/deal with confusions!
Just letting, there's some model stuff that I cannot fix like death sounds, portraits not moving etc., it is model-related.
Not saying it is wrong reporting - it isn't at all, I want everything reported - just letting you know why I will not be able to fix those issues. ;)
Well, except for the Destructor. I was lucky and someone was nice enough to fix it for me. No more lighting!

Cora's leadership boni can be abused to give free orbs of darkness, seeing as once researched, they will always give Cora another orb even if she already has one
That's intended, actually. I will nerf the dmg boost for Cora by the upgrade, though.
The damage boost is permanent after all, even in the following missions - just like Heroes of Zyainor and Elves of the Ironfist.
I will add that to the tool tip, though. I didn't have enough text space, but I will find a way.
It's kinda sad that choosing Scarlett or Cora was removed
As for the Cora / Scarlett dilemma, even if i picked Cora's shadow boni at least once, Cora will kill Scarlett?
Cora's draining of Scarlett's powers caused her to have... Soul Drain. A bit underwhelming considering that Scarlett had useful and powerful abilities.
Picking Whispers in the Dark only once is already enough to make Cora make the decision for you.
Same for Elves of the Ironfist.
She will... benefit more from it in the final build... Stay tuned for that one!
So chapter 7 basically has us use 2 leadership boni at the same time, seeing as we use Larine's and another boni of our choice
Not in the way you may think.
Making Larine become queen will grant you Ironforged as ranged units on a few occasions. So, it is like half of the upgrade one could say.
If you wanna ask "why spare Salana then?" Well. You have the choice between the powerful Ironforged or both Salana and Larine being alive.
Unless you side with van Durce, then Salana is always screwed.
Playing as the golden guard is harder (for me) as chaplains were removed, forcing us to rely on Praxeus and Paladins for healing.
The Golden Guard requires much more micro than before, yes, but Paladins and Angelics are a deadly combo.
Angelics have no spells listed under the icon of their rank
That's because their upgrade doesn't give them spells, they have other upgrades for this.
This is just a lil addition because I thought it was a nice indicator - like the 1 dmg upgrade for Black Drakes/Dragons.
Are Angelics supposed to be benefiting from Steel Melee Weapons and Steel Plating?
Yes, they are. :)
Why is Cora's Leadership Boni not available
I figured it would be unfair for Scarlett players - that and you already have 4 leadership boni to pick from.
I have no plans giving Scarlett her own leadership bonus yet. Maybe in the future. Same for Salana.
Also wow. They really have that bad tents?
(This thing really hit my soft spot. I am sooooo eager to see what comes next.)
I pretty much expected that. :p
"Larine the exile - Larine the exile". Same for Cora, Brian and Gardon, so I assume this is a common bug in the demo.
It's actually like that since the First Books iirc.
Also Gardon executing Lerrig scene is missing.
It was removed, actually. Lerrig has been granted another fate. Stay tuned! ;)
Lera transferred directly under my control and her base changed to allied renegades. So Ironhide was meant to die alone I take it?
No, that was me forgetting to add something I had added in the PTR version.
I did everything anew in the non-PTR version since I did not want the PTR version to break the official version, so I managed to forget that function.

I am curious about the thoughts regarding Chapter Fourteen, both gameplaywise and storywise.
So I created this!

Level 5
Interlude Death of a Legend

Larine talks to herself or Brian hid Gardon with his shadow powers

EDIT: Larine's Ring of the Exile becomes undroppable or is this intentional?

Attachments

• Bug.png
    Bug.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Level 9
I'm playing through the First Human Book again, and I'm on chapter 5. The civilians in the middle of the map are passive again. When I played before they were hostile because of the additional teams that were added with the new patch. I'm assuming the hotfix to the patch is what fixed that?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I'm playing through the First Human Book again, and I'm on chapter 5. The civilians in the middle of the map are passive again. When I played before they were hostile because of the additional teams that were added with the new patch. I'm assuming the hotfix to the patch is what fixed that?
Yeah.
That ring is dropped if we go with Salana. Anyone can pick it up afterwards.
Ah, that bug. Easy fix, right at it.

Level 5
Also, i just realized that Harmos' name and title barely fit with the center border. Maybe shorten it a little bit?

Chapter 9 and probably all chapters concerning Golden Guard: Siege Tanks benefit from Black Gunpowder, but the GG have Mithril Arrows; they don't benefit from Blacksmith upgrades besides the Plating

Also, could you consider changing Magic Sentry upgrade for the towers? I don't think we ever encountered an invisible enemy unit.

Mithril Arrows upgrade mentions that it also affects Pegasi, yet we never get to use them.

Based on the way you describe van Durce's Holy Call, there's a limit to how many templar we get i assume?

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also, i just realized that Harmos' name and title barely fit with the center border. Maybe shorten it a little bit?
Yeah, I noticed that the new widescreen of 1.29 did that. Still not sure, don't really want to shorten his title.
If I do, I have a few name ideas tho.
Also, could you consider changing Magic Sentry upgrade for the towers? I don't think we ever encountered an invisible enemy unit.
In Chapter Seven you did. But I get your point, it is mostly supposed to be used with Arcane Towers.
Mithril Arrows upgrade mentions that it also affects Pegasi, yet we never get to use them
Are you sure I have no plans making them trainable? :)
Based on the way you describe van Durce's Holy Call, there's a limit to how many templar we get i assume?
Actually no ,you can mass produce them until you run out of food.
You have to keep training Zealots tho.

Level 22
I was playing chapter 5 of the 2nd human book and after I defeated Retka and his sister surrendered I noticed her AI freezes in a weird way. Her dialogue still initiates, her workers and army just stand in one place never moving, also the small Pyrru army in her base doesn't even try to attack her.

Attachments

• .....png
    .....png
    4.2 MB · Views: 111
  • ......png
    ......png
    4.3 MB · Views: 111
Level 5
Pecan sells one of his items, then the hidden inventory bugged and showed me what items he had, and as i screencapped it, the inventory is hidden again.

Edit: Runepriest attack sound is of a sword hitting someone, yet he has a hammer for a weapon
Edit: This rock formation is blocking the right pathway to the lizards; makes it frustrating as units would instead go to the left side

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 118
  • a.png
    a.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Her dialogue still initiates, her workers and army just stand in one place never moving, also the small Pyrru army in her base doesn't even try to attack her.
Except for the part with her dialogue, that is intended.
Her faction is supposed to turn passive and be paused, it's not supposed to join forces with you.
Edit: This rock formation is blocking the right pathway to the lizards; makes it frustrating as units would instead go to the left side
Removed a rock that should fix it.
Pecan sells one of his items, then the hidden inventory bugged and showed me what items he had, and as i screencapped it, the inventory is hidden again.

Edit: Runepriest attack sound is of a sword hitting someone, yet he has a hammer for a weapon
Fixed those too.

Level 9
I saw this was mentioned before, but I can't remember if you replied to it. In chapter 7, I went with Salana this time, and eventually Lera joined me (which is awesome!), but then the Golden Guard turned on each other, just like normal. I got a couple of renegade Golden Guard allies, but not half the base like last time. Except Captain Ironside, the one who turned, is still an enemy to me. Was he supposed to turn as well?

EDIT: Also, Lera's Burning Hands ability. Is it supposed to be like that? It says in a medium target area for 20 seconds. It might just be me, but it seems a little low for a level 3 ability. If it was level 2, it'd make more sense

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
EDIT: Also, Lera's Burning Hands ability. Is it supposed to be like that? It says in a medium target area for 20 seconds. It might just be me, but it seems a little low for a level 3 ability. If it was level 2, it'd make more sense
Remember that this ability can pretty much disable quite the army if you are using it the right way.

Level 5
Well i noticed while i was playing that in chapter 7 when u fight with lady riana And Ironside chose to serve gardon
After that he is still enemy???

Level 1
So, ehm, status report. So far ive made it through 5 chapters. Everything has been in tact maybe except for red hero glow for brown units but i guess that a known problem. Also for some reason it made me make choices of the first book again, but i guess that is a demo thingy. The real weird thing to me was chapter 5 and its leadership boni choice for Cora.
In chapter 3 i was given a choice to research dark wispers for her and get 15 bonus damage permanenty and an orb of darkness. But heres the thing, im chapter 5 im given that choice again. And i got the duplicate of the orb and additional 15 damage. I mean is that supposed to work like that?
Will try to report more this evening.

You could do the choice of book 1 again? How/Where? Largoth just told me he was doing them for me in the prologue

Level 5
In Menace Below, there is a day/night cycle... underground, not sure how that works.

Also, can you tint or change the model of the Mutant Stonethrower? It's really confusing between them and Kobold Mutants when they're in an army

Also change the icon of Divine Justice and Divine Judgment? Seeing as one is a Frost Nova and the other a Starfall, its confusing to have both van Durce and Horgar together

Why can't we build Siege Tanks in Chapter 11 B?

Edit: We can build both Crossbowmen and Chosen of Hammerfall in Chapter 11 B; not sure if this applies to other levels with Chosen of the High King.

Edit: Chapter 11 B, end cinematic flickers for a second before ending. I don't know if it's a problem on my comp or the game itself.

Edit: Chapter 11 A, Quest description is cut off
Edit: Why exactly do we have neutral Dragon Roosts in this chapter and yet we train Dragons from the Dragonhawk Roosts? Storywise, it makes sense, but gameplay wise, not so much. Maybe make the Dragon Roosts ours but unbuildable so that we have to protect them?
Edit: Dialogue between Toraes and Sir Jay Bubblerino -

Prince Toraes - Your fanatism blinds you <--- its fanaticism
Sir Jay Bubblerino - You are naieve, prince <--- naive

Attachments

• se.jpg
    se.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 87
  • asdas.png
    asdas.png
    903.1 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I have uploaded a new version.

Also change the icon of Divine Justice and Divine Judgment? Seeing as one is a Frost Nova and the other a Starfall, its confusing to have both van Durce and Horgar together
They have similar, but different icons.

Edit: Why exactly do we have neutral Dragon Roosts in this chapter and yet we train Dragons from the Dragonhawk Roosts? Storywise, it makes sense, but gameplay wise, not so much. Maybe make the Dragon Roosts ours but unbuildable so that we have to protect them?
They are there really just for the look.
Giving them to the player would allow easy training of an army of drakes within the first few minutes.
Edit: Dialogue between Toraes and Sir Jay Bubblerino -
Prince Toraes - Your fanatism blinds you <--- its fanaticism
Sir Jay Bubblerino - You are naieve, prince <--- naive
That wasn't there last time I read, so it hasn't been edited yet.

Level 10
Mostly fixes for the reported issues and improvements for Chapter Fourteen, including a new enemy
faction (actually not "new", just accidently removed) and a new trainable unit for the Ironfist.

Since I wasn't even sure if I'd release that version (I didn't intend to initially), I have no changelog this time.

I assume that this one new enemy is that pitlord that Ebira takes with her if we strike a pact with her.
That scene at the end: Merlon scene okay, but after that it is still just a black screen. Thanok´s portrait works tho. So at least something got fixed :D
Dragon servants work wonders.

Edit: Ironside switching sides works properly now. They just have so little gold they are unable to even defend themselves.

Last edited:
Level 10
Well, no, there is nothing else.

I need some feedback regarding Fourteen A difficultywise with the now no-longer-gone additional Demon base - unless you did the Ebira pact.

Will do. Will edit this post for more info. Problem with this chapter is that the enemy only needs to get through your defenses once.
So you get overrun or screw this once its game over.

I would call it doable. But what vexes me immeasurably is that freaking demon shit crap tactic they use.
They get their dreadlord hero. I have a defense line formed up. That fucking dreadlord sprints around it right into my base and because he has rockets up his fucking ass he outruns all my troops and spawns horde of demons in my home base. At that point rest of that demon army catches up and Im screwed mighty high.
They always do this at the end of the map, when just the final 4 gates remain. And in 90% of the time it loses me the game.

Last edited:
Level 9
I downloaded the latest version, the one you linked, and I don't think it changed. I still have all the chapters unlocked, when normally updating the campaign makes it go back to the beginning, and I don't think there's any new Ironfist unit. At least not that I noticed

Level 10
I downloaded the latest version, the one you linked, and I don't think it changed. I still have all the chapters unlocked, when normally updating the campaign makes it go back to the beginning, and I don't think there's any new Ironfist unit. At least not that I noticed

Dragon servant (ironfist version of pegasus) and another Pit lord joined the mess.

Level 10
I am unable to skip the interlude where you decide Scarlett´s fate.
I decided to go with Larine as new queen and the interlude is stuck at the part where Gardon enchants Larine´s ring.
Pressing escape does nothing and in that scene Gardon and Larine just stand, no dialogue, no movement, nothing.

Level 5
Okay i was fooling around with the Purificator and attracted a Demonlord into the main base, and surprise surprise he charms the Purificator...

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Thats because Purificator is a unit and not a structure, I guess.

Level 10
That's almost funny, too bad it breaks the mission.

Will give Purificator Resistant Skin then.

That purificator manaregen thing should be resolved too.
The low manaregen compared to cooldown makes Renald´s part very, very hard.
I am not sure those few paladins we have can really hold that long.

Level 10
This probably is not a bug, or rather not one that can be fixed, but if you first run with Aedale saving Merlon and then run 13 killing papa redfist and not re-running 14A, Merlon will live and Aedale´s mind gets eaten by Lisara.

Level 5
Floating gate while Thanok and Gardon talk

Edit: King Dorten, in the intro cinematic, awkwardly goes to talk to the group and faces the wrong direction

Edit: Units can go through here

Edit: Misspelling of intentionally during Gardon's talk with Destructors

Attachments

• asad.png
    asad.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 178
  • bug.png
    bug.png
    4.3 MB · Views: 128
  • bugs.png
    bugs.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 174
  • aaaaaaaaaa.png
    aaaaaaaaaa.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Level 29
I noticed something.

In the mission we play as Golden Guard against the Ironfist, van Durce tells the dragons that Greymore managed to kill one of their kind. However, when choosing the choices I made on the First Book, I decided that Blen did not kill the Black Dragon.

Level 10
After playing a mission in Easy mode (Mission 3), I noticed the two missions following had switched back to Normal Difficulty. (HP amount, AI rebuilding bases, ...)
I'll be testing further to see if the 'difficulty reboot' happens every time.