• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arkain News Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
23rd January 2024
Ladies and gentlemen!

While I have already thanked you for the reception regarding the final cinematics of the True Story
of Arkain in the New Content Discussion [SPOILER], allow me to once again thank you.
As stated in my previous newspost, we, Kasrkin and I, are proud of the community we have
established over the years and we appreciate every single one of you - sincerely.

Now, with the emotional part out of the way, it is my honor to announce the release of yet
another short story in the Tales of Arkain thread!

The new short story called "The Golden Schism" has been added - you can find it here. It has in fact
already been teased in the Farewell cinematic of the True Story of Arkain.
Give it a good read and leave your thoughts in the New Content Discussion [SPOILER] thread!

I know that this is one of many human stories but it has been something I wanted to write for quite some
time now - ever since the final chapter of the van Durce family in the True Story to be exact.
Do not worry, there will be stories of other races such as the Tribal Dominion coming as well - stay tuned for that!

Note: This does not mean that the Legends of Arkain will "only" continue in short story format. Just to get that
out of the way before there is any speculation. ;)

Enjoy!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
27th January 2024
Ladies and gentlemen,

the time has come for yet another short story - or to be more specific, two stories in one!
That's right, @Jayborino has written two stories for Arkain again and these have been added
to the Tales of Arkain proper!

They are (of course) about the Tribal Dominion. The two stories have been added in a package
called "The New Dominion".

You can find them
here.

Enjoy & leave your thoughts in the New Content Discussion [SPOILER] thread!

Huge thanks to @Jayborino for writing those stories! His dediciation to Arkain is a great example to highlight
the amazing community that we have become over the years!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
29th February 2024
Ladies and gentlemen,

not often that I get to write something on a 29th February, is it?
I wish to inform you that, after having taken some time off, I have once again returned to the drawing
board for the continuation of the Arkain storyline.
Take mind however that whatever media I choose to do so (I already know, I will however not
publish this piece of information at this point) does not exclude that I will also use other media as well.
Be mindful that I will first focus on writing the script of the next Arkain entry before you will actually
get to "see" much from it.
I highly appreciate your long time loyalty and continued support for Arkain Industries - that seat in
the first line for that war is basically guaranteed to be yours by now!
You might still have to pay for it, don't blame me, blame @Kasrkin, he wanted a more comfy seat for his office, someone has to pay for it.

I am however interested in one thing:
Would you prefer focus to be on a bigger piece of lore coming from me or would you rather have some
short stories in between?
ALSO: Can you guess what the next entry will be about?
Let me know in the Round Table of Arkain!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
17th March 2024

"It doesn't matter who you are, countless people have lost their lives in that blasted war - either
literally or figuratively. An outcast traitor, a selfish deserter, a tragic survivor, you could be any
of these and I wouldn't care. All I care about is that you are a reliable brother in arms. Your past
is in the past."
Darkan Hammerfall

Three years have passed since the end of the Second Voidwar. A new era is upon Arkain. The survival of
mankind is no longer in danger, but they are split between the two remaining kingdoms on one side and
the reborn Zyainor with its black dragon allies on the other.
The Elves have firmly aligned themselves with Zyainor under their new queen while the Dwarves have
withdrawn to their own realm, refusing to enter negotiations with any other race.
Led there by their now both secular and theocratic leader Amari, the Orcs and their allies have made
their new home in Salria while the Demons have withdrawn into their own realm in the east and
the Undead... are no longer really united ever since Aridon left them.

It is here where our story has its humble beginnings. Within the outskirts of Zyainor, an unconscious human
is found by a group of mercenaries led by a man who calls himself Boranel Aspurex.

Stay tuned for further updates!
Also feel free to discuss in the New Content Discussion!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
1st April 2024
Ladies and gentlemen,

some of you might expect an April's Fools joke here but to be honest, I did not have much
time to "prepare" one and I didn't want to make up a bad one just to have made a joke
with inferior quality.
We at Arkain Industries do not tolerate inferior quality. That's why Veringar got the boot.

That being said, I hope you had a great Easter (or if you do not celebrate it, a great
weekend).

Progress on the next entry of Arkain is still going. Our favorite paladin has been polishing his
armor for literal weeks while the story script has been finalized.
Yes, it is very shiny now... and @Kasrkin is still grumbling about that thing with a certain reporter... Also why are there flowers in her office again?

I have actually recently spent some time with editing textures and models (crazy, I know, still very
limited, I am no magician) to prepare.
As much as I would like to show you the results, it would spoiler the medium in which the next entry
will take place and I do not want to do that just yet.

Boranel Aspurex and his companions (whose identities are about to be revealed soon) are awaiting you.

Stay tuned!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
3rd April 2024
Ladies and gentlemen,
it is time for you to meet the companions of Boranel Aspurex - who himself would rather
have you meet him in person than read much about him though there is some stuff to
read about him in the Arkain universe already as some of you may remember!
Without much further ado, let me introduce them to you!

Darkan Hammerfall
A young (by dwarven standards) warrior of the Hammerfalls living far from his people, in exile. Having spent the last few years as a wanderer and mercenary, he has spent much time among the other races and became an experienced fighter. However, since Dwarves are a rare sight outside of their homes since the war, he is often met with awe and mistrust.

Calere
A travelling bard who clearly has some magical talent but has never gone to any academy in the Kingdoms. Trying to keep a low profile, her past is shrouded in mystery and secrecy to any but those who are close to her. Running from her past, like many others in the company of Boranel Aspurex, the singing Calere seems to enjoy her travels even if she seems to lack a destination.

Morkin
A humorous (sometimes somewhat strangely sardonically so) hunter who is living in a small village in the borderlands between Zyainor and Kerrel. The villagers named him the "protector of the village" ever since he settled down there after fighting in the war. While not having joined Boranel Aspurex and his companions, he has been quite helpful and welcoming to them and seems interested in their goals.

Grazaz
A no-nonsense mercenary captain of the Blackthorn who used to be a soldier of Salria that fought against the Tribal Dominion until the surrender of the kingdom. He was among the Salrian soldiers that partook in the battle against the Redfist fanatics and Rengian opportunists side by side with the Tribal Dominion.

Orkar
An orc mercenary of the Blackthorn who works for Grazaz. As former shaman of the Ironthunder Clan back when that clan still existed, Orkar still wears the colors of his old clan with pride - despite this being frowned upon by many of his brothers and sisters in the new age of Orckind.

Nysara
An angelic of the Golden Guard that harbors a dark secret behind her bright and shining face. While she is a great supporter of Boranel Aspurex, she seldomly accompanies him personally. As the Golden Guard is mostly looked upon poorly in the Kingdoms these days, she prefers to remain in the background.

Stay tuned for further newsposts!

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
15th April 2024
Ladies and gentlemen,

progress on the next entry of the legendary Arkain series is going well.
I want to thank each and everyone of you who follow this project for your loyalty.
Do not worry, more information regarding the nature of the next entry will follow soon.

For now, however, I would like to bring your attention to something else entirely.
My good friend @Jayborino has started a new video series for the True Story of Arkain.

As I am to understand, some people prefer their videos without commentary - and he
has now started to release videos offering just that.
You can find them in this playlist here.

If you prefer a commentated video series, you can find his complete commentated playlist here.

Huge thanks to @Jayborino as well as to all others who enjoy the Legends of Arkain.
As I have stated in the past, both @Kasrkin and I appreciate all of you, whether you make videos,
create assets and/or art for Arkain, are active in the forum or simply enjoy playing the project.

We look forward to sharing what holds the future with you!

Stay tuned for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.