Arkain News Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 59
24th April 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
the time has come: Arkain is back and Act Six shows its first chapter!
This update also features some custom custom soundsets!
You can find the new version
here in Downloads.

Enjoy!
Also keep in mind that you can support Arkain via
Patreon - I appreciate that very much!

General:
  • New soundsets for Okri and Galareth the Great
  • New icons for Judicator and Ironforged units thanks to @r.ace613

End of Act Four:
- Kersidar now has Rain of Chaos instead of Inferno

Act Five, Chapter Four:
- Fixed the third and fourth Redfist wave arriving at the same time

Act Six, Chapter One:
- Released!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
30th April 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
the next chapter is in full production - and I dare say we are getting real political real soon!
'tis getting dark and bloody, I can tell you that much!

In the meantime, I have updated the last release with a few fixes and tweaks. The last misision
might be slightly less painful - unless you decide to attack the Bulls which ah they don't really appreciate.
in the Map Section!

I will update the upload in the Map Section every time an act is completed. This time it will also include
a chapter of the following act (just like last time), this will not be the case in the future however.

Enjoy!

General:
  • Fixed Sniper Shot tooltip

Act Six, Chapter One:
  • Made the tooltip of Grofzag's Leadership Bonus less spoiler-y
  • Enabled mastery training research
  • The Bull Regiment now stars with all of its faction-specific technology researched
  • Fixed the hint message
  • Added two Searaider starting units
  • Increased the durability of the base of Daric's Mercenaries

Shar Dundred

Level 59
1st May 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
the time has come! The political game of Dark Elven society has begun!
Now get out there and start a civil war in the name of the Divine One!

here in Downloads!

Enjoy!

Act Six, Chapter Two:
- Released!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Level 59
16th May 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
the first of the upcoming chapters has been completed - @Kasrkin has faced the terrors of
the Pyrrean Pass and is soon going to travel deep below to bring ultimate PEACE to the Dark
Elves!
Arkain Industries hopes that he is successful and doesn't die along the way - it'd be horrible
to pay that insurance money that we are totally not going to pay to ourselves.

oh-yeah-its-pass-time-png.399778

Stay tuned!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
17th May 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
SURPRISE! The new chapters are up!
Yes you have read right! Not one but TWO chapters await you! One between the mountains of Pyrru,
one deep below the Dead Mountain itself!
here in Downloads!

Enjoy and stay tuned for future updates!
Also keep in mind that you can support Arkain via Patreon - I appreciate that very much!

General:
  • Renamed Greywof to Sergeant
  • Bull Shield no longer affects attacking speed
  • "Normalized" upgrade values of Warlock training
  • Fixed the ingame name of Thunderous Presence
  • Demonblood now requires a Black Citadel

Act Six, Chapter Three:
  • Released!

Act Six, Chapter Four:
  • Released!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
3rd June 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
work on the next update is still ongoing! It will feature at least one well-known chapter as well
as a brandnew one called "Forged by Iron and Blood".

I wonder if you can figure out what it might be about...
It will be one of a larger scale.

Stay tuned!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
15th June 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
work on the next update is still ongoing - and it is time I reveal what it is going to include:
The new, True Story exclusive, chapter "Forged by Iron and Blood" will feature the battle

of Larine and Cora against the nobles that support Retka's rebellion in Pyrru!
You will fight back the armies of Duke Woras, crush the opportunistic forces of Lord Korbaz
and purge the Order of the Tides from Lady Elrin and her collaborators.
Furthermore you will stand face to face with the Grand Army of Whitefield who has a rather
tragic role in the entire rebellion.

Forged by Iron and Blood will serve to give both Larine and Cora more character while also
giving the rebellious forces of Pyrru more time to shine - as well as General Whitefield who
has not really had much screentime at all and who was dragged into this conflict and sees
himself now forced to fight against those he would rather have fought side by side with.

Stay tuned for it!

I hope you enjoyed this little "deeper look" at the next chapter that, while giving you some
more insight into what is yet to come, doesn't reveal too much.
I feel that for new chapters it is good to explain what to expect while for existing ones it could
be interesting that I actually tell you what I changed and what the background of said changes is.
Without getting into detail, not as in a changelogish design but more of an overall overlook of what
to expect, similar to what you read above.

I have decided to write & post more such little insights because I feel that they help getting
a certain idea of what is to come while also being not too spoiler heavy.
In order to give patrons over at my
Patreon page something back in exchange for their invaluable
support, I will give them earlier access to these insights - in time they'll also be published here so
those who are unable to support Arkain on Patreon will still gain access to that information, meaning
that you do not lose anything but still have a net gain overall. : - )
I appreciate all who support Arkain but I am sure you will understand why I have the urge to give
something a bit special to the people who are willing to support Arkain on Patreon.

That's all Arkain-related for now. There'll be faster progress coming soon, don't worry, I am not dead
and I do intend to speed things up again.

Before going to a completely new topic I would like to address something, given the recent Blizzard update:
For the forseeable future there are no plans to make Arkain compatible with any version above 1.31.
While I do own Reforged in theory, I don't intend to make any use of it until I am under the impression that
there's any upside for me doing so.
For people who do not have a non-Reforged version of WarCraft 3, I suggest using
this link on Hiveworkshop
to get a version that allows them to play custom campaigns.

Lastly, for those of you who want to see some more Shar Dundred, I have recently uploaded some non-Arkain
related videos on my
Youtube Channel.

1655313413157.png

There's also Arkain-related content some of you may have missed.

The channel will of course also be used for Arkain-related content so being subscribed to it is recommended just as well.

That is all from me for now, have a good day!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Level 59
29th June 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
the next True Story exclusive chapter is still in full production - I expect it to be tested by @Kasrkin
soon.

In order to make waiting a bit less... painful (or more painful, depending on your personal attitude),
I have decided to share a part of the CHARACTER LORE EARLIER.
In fact, I will share with you the lore about the very nobles you are about to face in battle!
You can find them in the hidden tag below - keep in mind that those are not all lore entries you will
get to read in the mission but I picked them for thematic reasons for you to read early!
They're from the perspective of Cora Redfist.

Enjoy and feel free to share your thoughts about what you read in the New Content Discussion [SPOILER]!

DUKE WORAS
The militant duke is Retka's chief advisor on tactics and strategy. While he is no military officer himself he has surrounded himself with many experts and is definitely skilled in matters of both short and long term planning. It also helps his case that he commands the vast armies of his lands. According to our Ironforged spies, he was promised huge portions of Toranite lands in exchange for his loyalty as well as a leading position in the military staff of the combined kingdoms in exchange for his support. He'd be a useful ally under different circumstances, but under current circumstances he is a traitor who needs to be dealt with - permanently.

LADY ELRIN
The family of Lady Elrin has always had strong connections to the Order of the Tides. Under her control, the family has expanded their influence and effectively taken control of the order with Elrin having more power within the order than even its actual leaders. She has abused the result of generations of friendship to control an order of water mages - I may be biased but I feel the urge to purge the order of this filthy influence. Once and for all.

LORD KORBAZ
This vain lord of Pyrru cares for little but his own power and influence. He portrays himself as the "protector of all nobility" and is known for his lavish feasts. Korbaz is also extremely ambitious. Our Ironforged spies tell me that Retka promised Korbaz the hand of his daughter in exchange for his loyalty - meaning that Korbaz would be the future king of Pyrru and Toran if Retka was successful. I hear that Korbaz once proposed the hand of his daughter to the Emperor and was denied - the ambitions of this man know neither bound nor dignity.

Stay tuned! Soon there will be a battle to fight. Or two. Or three...

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Level 59
2nd July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
you have been waiting long enough.

The time is now, the new chapter is here! Forged by Iron and Blood is available NOW!
You can find it
here in Downloads!

It includes a few fixes and changes as well as the new chapter!
The next update shouldn't take as long as this one. ;-)

Enjoy and stay tuned for the next update!
Share your thoughts regarding the new mission in the New Content Discussion [SPOILER]!
Also keep in mind that you can support Arkain via Patreon - I appreciate that very much!

General:
  • Fixed a bug that made the quest log sounds play twice at the same time
  • Whispers of the Dark no longer increases Cora's damage permanently but instead increases the damage dealt by Zealots and Crossbowmen
  • Ice Crown of the Spider King no longer grants Berserk

Act Six, Interlude:
  • Released!

Act Six, Chapter Five:
  • Released!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Level 59
9th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,

the release of the next chapter is drawing closer!
What will it be oh what will it be?
Like with the last chapter, I have written a little insight - which is available to you
here on Patreon!

This information will of course also be made public in due time.

Stay tuned!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
10th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,

the time has come! The Lord of Shadows is here!

Here is the insight I have given yesterday on
Patreon.

As those of you who played the Second Human Book already know, the chapter is special in a way because a) you didn't have access to any heroes and b) you had access to the Elite unit - while also first meeting an important character.
The chapter has undergone a few changes compared to its original. There will no longer be any Golden Guard in the city; however it still houses a variety of enemies due to the fact that the Zirr and Rohir Nexus both have brought their faction-specific units to the field.
The Fallen Mage Guild was renamed to the Fallen Order of the Frost - yes, the order fought until its last breath to fend off both Retka and the Undead, now its members serve the will of the Watcher in death. This will be empathized on by the human forces in the city making use of undead Frost Ghosts and Revenants instead of their now "extinct" Cryomancers.

From a design perspective, I have of course adjusted several things but I am still satisfied with the overall theme of the chapter - which is no big surprise given that it has already been tweaked a lot back in the day.
One of the main differences will be that the player will no longer deploy a mix of Royal Army and Golden Guard units - we already had that in the last chapter - but instead use an Ironfist roster to fight their enemies.
Despite the importance of this place to Old Zyainor, Kazardius will NOT be featured in this mission - while it would be a chance to give deeper insight into his past, given the circumstances of his death and his overall relationship to the people of the Kingdoms, he would not be the best person to send to convince the Toranites into joining forces with the Undead.

here in Downloads!

Soon there will be more to play...

General:
  • Several grammar fixes
  • Items that used to be useable but no longer are are no longer clickable as if they were still useable rather than passive
  • Ironforged now also benefit from Dark Warrior (drastically increased hit point regeneration)

Act Six, Chapter Six:
  • Released!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
17th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
here we are! The Secret Weapon of the Tribal Dominion is waiting for you to find it!
The new version is up and running!
You can find it
here in Downloads!

Enjoy and stay tuned for the next update - and the final chapter of this act!

Act Six, Chapter Six:
  • Dead Flesh Golems are no longer being replaced by the AI
  • Shadow Stalkers are now replaced by Shadow Creatures when approaching Mayor Kent - Shadow Creatures are more powerful but no longer permanently invisible

Act Six, Chapter Seven:
  • Released!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Level 59
26th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
the next update is being tested at this very moment and will release soon.
In fact, if everything goes according to plan, the entirety of Act Six will be released to the
Map Section tomorrow!

The Chapter Insight has been released on
Patreon and will be shared here soon as well.

Stay tuned, you will enjoy this update, I can tell you that much!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
27th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen!
The time has come! Act Six is finally complete!

The finale of the act just came in with both its final playable chapter "End of an Uprising" and its final cinematic "Lost Daughters"!

Here is the insight I have given yesterday on Patreon.
The finale of this act will see Gardon Bloodclaw face Retka and his rebellion one last time and decide the fate of the Kingdoms of both Toran and Pyrru - and, by extend, much much more than that!
The Order of the Tides has now effectively split: A part of them has sided with Cora while others remained with Retka's rebellion - many of them however remain neutral until the conflict is settled.
Both the Royal Army and the Coast Battalion are now making use of more air units while the Golden Guard has replaced its old and rather onesided unit list with a more diverse cast of units, including the Paladin and Angelic units.
Scarlett and her Kajon Marauders are still causing havoc - and Whitefield is also somewhere out there...
As for the end of the act, well... I will not spoiler this one but I dare say that both it and the end of the playable mission will surprise some of you!

in the Map Section!

Enjoy the final parts of this act and share your thoughts in the
New Content Discussion!

Act Six, Chapter Six:
  • Fixed the transition into the cinematic after Mayor Kent's death

Act Six, Chapter Eight:
  • Released!

End of Act Six:
  • Released!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
28th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,

since it has been a while, I have decided to update the one and only, legendary Arkain Character Tier List!

Many things have happened since its last update - and now thirteen new characters have been added!
Four more have been given their new icons to portray them properly.

Show us all how you rank them currently - and maybe even you will be surprised to see what has changed
since the last time you did it!

Remember to share your lists in the
Round Table of Arkain!

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Level 59
29th July 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,

you have waited for a long time and now it is finally here!
The short story "The Orders of Elements" has been added to the Tales of Arkain!
Give it a read and share your thoughts in the
Round Table of Arkain!

And do not forget to create your new
Arkain Character Tier List and share it in the Round Table of Arkain as well!
Of course it would also be interesting to hear why you made your choices!

Stay tuned for future updates!

Shar Dundred

Level 59
8th August 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,

I hope you are enjoying the completed Act Six as well as the new short story and the
updated Character Tier List!

Before work on Act Seven can TRULY begin - lots of planning has already been done and even
old @Kasrkin will look twice - some reworking is required.
First and foremost the Tribal Dominion needs an update and some serious rebalancing though
they are not the only ones who will receive some new toys. ;-]
RIP Shieldbearer meta

Stay tuned for updates!

Also, in 3 days, Arkain (or rather its presence on the Hive Workshop) will be eight
years old and it is still growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.