1. Join Texturing Contest #30 now in a legendary battle of mythological creatures!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Discussion in 'The Legends of Arkain Series' started by LickMyEyeBall, Jan 25, 2018.

1. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    I already found a bug LOL
    Is it implied that Scarlett has no spells. Like her Q and W are absent, while she is lvl 9

2. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Moved & Created a new thread

Have you ever played with her since she got her spell update?
    If not, then that caused the bug.

3. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think I did. But I will replay them later to make sure of it.

4. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Harmos' book for his shield is not hidden (use 0,-11 instead of using spellbook)

----
    Okay, on content discussion. The cinematic gives me the feels. It kind of shattering and sad they had to cross each other, and one had to pay the price of the war.

5. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    Currently playing 11 and i must say, it's amazing how you make us chose who to play with in the closing moments of the civil war. Both did their atrocities, and both aren't purely good even though they think so, but we have to chose our allegiance. This right here is a hard lesson in the saying ''war has no good sides''. Now i only need to finish it to see what happens in the end.
    Of course i chose Gardon, but after i'm done playing with him, i have to check out what happens if we play with van Durce.

6. Ahman

Ahman

Resources:
    Resources:
    The choice is killing me. Why do we have to choose between the two, WHY?? After all we've been through, playing Gardon's side for so long, now we receive a glimmer of doubt that Gardon could be the bad guy? urgh, just kill me....

7. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are no good sides in war.
    History is written by the victors.
    Only the losers commited atrocities.
    Only the losers pay for their crimes.
    This choice is like a hard learned lesson on war.
    At least that's my point of view on it.

8. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No need for spoiler tags in this thread.
    Everyone who comes in here gotta expect them. :)

A lesson hard-learned is a lesson never forgotten.

9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    well done in making such a chaos. Too many enemies with so little allies in van Durce end

10. LickMyEyeBall

LickMyEyeBall

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hoorah, finished everything. This might be a spoiler-heavy question but still. Do we just choose the finale of the campaign with our very choice in that interlude? No bugs, luckily, except for that one with Scarlett. The dragons have one level of upgrades to their attack, guess that is intended. Also liked the role Lerrig played in both missions, shows how much of a trustworthy guy he is. Other than that, those were 4 hours i spent on normal difficulty. I wonder what does hard look like...

11. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really want to get my paws on that siege tank stuff. And those shieldbreaker bear riders. How come we cant make them if we play van Durce? :D
    Okey, I really gotta ask. Will there be a way to unenslave Salana when goin down the Gardon storyline?
    Dont know who to pick, if you go with Gardon she remains a slave, if you go with van Durce she ends up dead.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  12. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    I at least think we do.
    With us chosing Gardon we play the mission of eliminating the demonic threat.
    With us chosing van Durce we play the mission of eliminating the emperor.
    That in my opinion is the way the last chapter(s) will play out.
    Now to a question i have, Shar, is the next interlude going to be released together with chapter 13 or separately?

13. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think Justice and Resurrection needs different icons. Keep mistaking them.

14. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here's your reward for fighting the GG all the time. :p

Yep.

It is. I felt like it was still a nice lil indicator to showcase the upgrade - especially since they have no other ugprades.

We've been testing it VERY thoroughly. Poor @Kasrkin had to spend many hours with it.
    Please let me know if you were able to get Scarlett back to working 100% once you have tested.

I don't want to make your lives too easy. ;)

Who knows, who knows...

Still undecided.

Will do that with the next update.

15. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Maybe you need to ask someone to fix Destructor's lighting. It turns night into bright day when selected.

16. Boriss

Boriss

Resources:
    Resources:
    So the next few chapters will be developing stories of Aedale and Larine? Or is Larine out of the game permanent now?

17. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    For now we know the next chapter will be centered around Aedale.
    As for Larine, i think Shar mentioned she isn't permanently dropped, but we won't see her for a long time.

18. Shar Dundred

Shar Dundred

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It is the portrait of the model, that is what I could find out so far.
    I will make a thread in the request section.

The Black Dragons were a "bonus". The main reason was the entire Salana thing.
    Also, the Black Dragons have terrorized the Dwarves before and during the reign of Zyainor and the
    Dwarves have become dragon hunters after the fall of Zyainor, wanting to eradicate the race.
    Their hatred grows deep.
    Still, Gardon enslaving Salana and controlling the elven race through her is pretty much the
    main reason why he'd never ever join Gardon.

Once the demonic threat was also removed, yes.

O.O

There are many other reasons which will be elaborated in the Second Undead Book.
    Keep in mind that Ornasion is the first undead Dreadlord EVER (in Arkain, neither know nor care about WarCraft).

Erganoth, the leader of the Darkblade Legion, had sent forces to support Ornasion when the invasion had begun.
    Then, when Kerisdar took over, Erganoth did not care about it, he simply let the Demons that he sent to support Ornasion
    support Kersidar instead. He found this a good way to "expose" of his enemies within the Darkblade Legion.

The Golden Guard simply does not believe that they can utterly destroy all Demons on Arkain, especially
    in their now cut-off status. And they are not mistaken.
    They choose to die with at least having a chance to win against the Emperor instead of dying with no
    chances of success. They left the paladins behind to protect the Purificator and the Kingdoms
    from the demonic threat.

Chapter Thirteen will be completely about our old friend Aedale.
    Larine won't appear in any of the remaining chapters.
    I will change her role a bit in the final release, though.
    No info about that except that the Salana-Gardon choice will get some more impact...

19. LISBOAH

LISBOAH

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Dragon Queen and Thanok seem quite friendly, for dragons standards I mean.
    Most likely they hate dwarves because they started building cities close to their territory...

So, he decided to join van Durce, who was going to abandon both Kingdoms and Dwarves to die while fleeing to the other continent?

On the minimap they appear as orange points.

Rather than finding a permanent solution, their solution is to simply keep fighting for the rest of eternity... thousands will keep dying for a war that will never end...

And the demons in the meantime will come up with a plan to deal with the cannon...

20. Championfighter25

Championfighter25

Resources:
    Resources:
    I guess they consider the golden guard the lesser of 2 evils in their POV.