• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 10
Any tips on how to win chapter twelve A? My troops are limited and the enemy's heroes keep getting respawned and their armies are limitless!
Also I've noticed that reviving the heroes is for free, could the key to victory be putting my heroes in the vanguard while letting my armies sneak and go straight to the bonelords?

Last edited:
Level 10
Any tips on how to win chapter twelve A? My troops are limited and the enemy's heroes keep getting respawned and their armies are limitless!
Also I've noticed that reviving the heroes is for free, could the key to victory be putting my heroes in the vanguard while letting my armies sneak and go straight to the bonelords?

Or try using the big motherkickin cannon.

Level 11

I believe the point of both chapter 12's is hold off the continous attacks of the bonelords, demons, and orcs by using the cannon to blast them to kingdom come. The issue is that it takes so long to recharge, and even if you used "thereisnospoon", the cooldown will come in and be like "No. You thought you could cheese that, but no."

EDIT: Not the attacks themselves, but the sources. So, the bonelords, the fortress, and the oddly split up demon gates.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Is it me, or does the cannon charge up faster in golden guard scenario?

Level 9
Don't know if this was intentional or not, but Harmos Guardian Staff, the one that gives him mana regeneration, also works on the cannon. So if you stand Harmos near the cannon, it'll regain mana faster. Not a whole lot faster mind you, but still faster

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
That is intended.
It can help a lot boosting the first strike - the others too, but not so much because of the cooldown.
You have a faster charged up Purificator, but you have one hero lesss on the frontlines.
I'd suggest using the aura only for the first strike and then have Harmos help you defend - but that is your decision.

Level 20
Voted.
Team Gardon of course.
We saw him appear a lot earlier, we played as him longer and we got a lot more character development from him, mainly due to the 2 reasons i stated above.
If i had a lot more time playing from van Durce's POV maybe then it wouldn't be such a narrow choice, but Team Gardon it is.

So you are voting for team Gardon mainly because of an emotional bond...Besides Gardons Character development isn't all that big,for the most part he is the same gu minus the whoal political marriage thingy(that caught me offguard),a bit off topic here but i think Aedale has a much stronger character development(if you choose to consume the shard it becomes even better).

Level 20
HaH,just done playing(Golden Guard side)

First of all i have to say that interlude,was rather interesting...You could tell Van Douche contrited his actions and was again willing to work with Gardon towards the greater good,maybe you could say he deserved to win this battle(dispite we as players have had more time to bond with Gardon and would want him to win)

Oh boy poor Lering cant catch a break cant he...Welp his ultimate and chain healing were really useful (YaY for Lering(and for the family of paladin model units to actually do something other than Die)

I am rather disappointed by the fact that besides Gardon/Salana the prince of Kerrel,Lord Brian and Lady Vail(whatever the name) did not get any screen time during the cinematic but i get it Demons are knocking and there is no time for Chit-Chat.

AND OH BOY i think i found my new favorite character on this project...High King of the dwarves and ONE hell of chivalrous gentleman he is.

Regarding the Boni question...I picked Zarin's boni,imo it was meh at best(for this particular lever) i think it would have been far better picking Van Douches boni for this mission.

Also notice how we have been playing the same map for three chapters straight...Talk about haitin' terraining.

Level 29
First of all i have to say that interlude,was rather interesting...You could tell Van Douche contrited his actions and was again willing to work with Gardon towards the greater good,maybe you could say he deserved to win this battle(dispite we as players have had more time to bond with Gardon and would want him to win)

Maybe, but van Durce did a lot of things unforgiveable, even if they were ordered by the emperor.

Oh boy poor Lering cant catch a break cant he...Welp his ultimate and chain healing were really useful (YaY for Lering(and for the family of paladin model units to actually do something other than Die)

Screw that traitor! I killed him on chapter one!

AND OH BOY i think i found my new favorite character on this project...High King of the dwarves and ONE hell of chivalrous gentleman he is.

He is the only one I like on van Durce's side...

Also notice how we have been playing the same map for three chapters straight...Talk about haitin' terraining.

The cannon cannot be moved that easily, right?

Level 22
I don't really care about terrain. His terrain work is average and i'm ok with that.
If he wants, he can improve it in later updates, but i think this should be low on his priority list.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I'd rather have good gameplay/story rather than terrain.

Level 10
I didn't realize that chapter 12 is the easiest of all lol. That cannon is the strongest thing we've ever seen in arkain. Although I still don't understand what's Thanok's role so far. All he ever did was planning and strategizing with Gardon. It was mentioned that he is a dragon, but I think he's just a coward haha

Level 22
Although I still don't understand what's Thanok's role so far. All he ever did was planning and strategizing with Gardon. It was mentioned that he is a dragon, but I think he's just a coward haha
Pretty much the great mother of the black dragons Kasraazs sent one of their own kind ( that dragon was Thanok) to help Gardon on his missions.

Level 10
King Zarin was always my favorite character. Maybe him siding with Van Durce wasn't as bad as I thought it was. At least he didn't get killed after the player chooses Gardon's side, but I'm yet to see what his fate is when choosing the player chooses Van Durce's side, as I'm almost at the moment of victory in chapter 11 B.

Last edited:
Level 5
King Zarin was always my favorite character. Maybe him siding with Van Durce wasn't as bad as I thought it was. At least he didn't get killed after the player chooses Gardon's side, but I'm yet to see what his fate is when choosing the player chooses Van Durce's side, as I'm almost at the moment of victory in chapter 11 B.
He was killed by the player, when they choose Gardon's option. While van Durce on the other hand, ...
Zarin, Hodgar, and their people were free from the conflict, allowing the Kingdoms to achieve peace. The Golden Guard, Renald and Marin, is planning to leave the continent behind. They have no intentions of returning, as it was indicated by Marin's dialogue at the end of 12B; though they were offered to return by the high king if they managed to defeat the Mad Emperor.

Level 10
Marin is saying that, whether the Golden Guard succeeds against the Emperor or not, they would die on their mission.
Either before they can kill the Emperor or afterwards by the loyal survivors.
More on that as the story progresses.

Can they take on the dark entity with Brian "dead"?

Level 20
Well Marin is right on that one,I mean war with Gardon and then the Legions drained their forces add here the blockade they must be pretty much drained by now on terms of manpower.

A frontal attack would be a suicide...However Marin and Van Douch might have a plan,I suppose they wont just charge head in,into the empire there aren't anymore dwarves to help em...A coup by the elite who does not support the emperor and his actions or some dreadlord style assasination maybe?

The story is def. getting intriguing.

Level 10
All in all, we have not seen what is the fate of most of the characters including, Brian, Thanok and the other characters, but only a few.
I'm assuming that chapter 13 and 14 will have the same system of chapter 11 and 12 right? same map, but different sides, and two parts for each (A) and (B). Is that right?

Level 22
Chapter 14 will definetely have the same system 11 and 12 had, although i'm not completely sure about 13. It will be completely centered around Aedale. It will include her father and some of her siblings, but i don't think other major characters will appear so i doubt there will be 2 parts.

Level 20
I've seen it when it was first released, it could all be a mind game

Both could be possible Lisara and that other psychic sister both are messing with her head.Which means the depiction we get in the cinematic might be a REALLY twisted version of what Lord Redfist truly is...Remember the cinematic with Zarin,how manny people were bummed we did not get to choose if we should side with Ironfist or Golden Guard,even tho the cinematic made it look like we could.

Last edited:

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

While it is rather interesting to speculate about the chapter itself, what kind of influence it could result to the story?

Level 20
@LickMyEyeBall

Well Aedale has come a long way(as i previously mentioned her Character developemnt is one of the most thorough ones)

A powerfull tool in the hands of Gardon...An executed heretic by the Golden guard...Or maybe Another political entity in an already interesting political demon society.

After all it was said that her potential was great.

Level 9
I've finished the new chapters choosing to side with Gardon
Chapter 11 offers a magnificent battle,.it really shows the.importance of story and a fitting ending to.the Golden Guard-Ironfist clash. How every character expresses its thought on the war and how Merlon and Zarin are sad to fight each other.
It also shows the cunning of Gardon, how he began with scratch and over the course of the campaign regained his reputation and rallied unthinkable allies to his side.
From what I understood from the interlude is that Gardon is the emperor's half brother and Renald is their uncle who regretted fighting against his favourite nephew. It explains all plot holes regarding their relationship and why they hated fighting against each other. I must say.that I found Renald van Durce intolerable at the beginning but I had a change of heart when at chapter 9. Even though he was forced to hunt Gardon, he helped him.in secret to expose the emperor's corruption.
And I'm intrigued to know the fate of Marin and the remnants of thr Golden Guard who were spared, I didn't think that Gardon would spare any.
Chapter 12 I used cheats just to see the aftermath tbh and I'm replaying the campaign from.the beginning to change a few choices I made. What shocked me was Aridon's ability to resurrect Ornasion.as a powerful Undead Dreadlord, I never thought he had the power to do so.
So many things in my head that I cannot find the words to describe.
I want to complement the models of the factions, I especially loved the Undead faction models.
I will write again after I have finished the campaign properly.
Great tyrant, thank you!

Level 29
It also shows the cunning of Gardon, how he began with scratch and over the course of the campaign regained his reputation and rallied unthinkable allies to his side.

And that is one of the many reasons I like Gardon.

From what I understood from the interlude is that Gardon is the emperor's half brother and Renald is their uncle who regretted fighting against his favourite nephew. It explains all plot holes regarding their relationship and why they hated fighting against each other. I must say.that I found Renald van Durce intolerable at the beginning but I had a change of heart when at chapter 9. Even though he was forced to hunt Gardon, he helped him.in secret to expose the emperor's corruption.

Yes, van Durce on these later chapters might come off as sympathetic, but it still doesn't change the fact he did all those things. And Gardon, while feeling regret as well, knows that van Durce is an obstacle that must be removed.

Chapter 12 I used cheats just to see the aftermath tbh and I'm replaying the campaign from.the beginning to change a few choices I made. What shocked me was Aridon's ability to resurrect Ornasion.as a powerful Undead Dreadlord, I never thought he had the power to do so.

Check a short story Shar created to realize just how powerful Aridon really is...

Level 9
@LISBOAH both men did unspeakable atrocities but the difference between them is Renald wasn't using dark arts to enslave people. He had justified reasons for all he has done in my opinion.
They're obstacles to each other, therefore, one of them must die to end the civil war on.the continent for a while and turn their attention back onto the real threat. The demons.
I have read Aridon's story, the Death.God but as I remember his powers had extremely weakened after his defeat and supposed death and a horrifically powerful creature as a dreadlord needs a great amount of.power to revive.him as an undead slave.
I was wrong after all, I wonder if Aridon plans to do.this to.every dreadlord of the demon.legions. just imagine the might he will have.
Also, if you let Lerrig survive, he will come to Gardon's aid but after the battle.finishes, Gardon will kill.him for his betrayal.