• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 29
Hm. I've got a few questions. 1) Perhaps spoiler-heavy one, but if we choose golden guard, what would chapter 14 be about? 2) So Kersidar is still alive. How does that work? Like in warcraft, to kill a demon you have to kill him both in our dimension and the twisting nether. 3) This is not quite related to the topic, but why are demons invading human world at all? Do they run from someone/something?

1) Most likely they will launch an attack on the Empire

2) High-ranking demons are very hard to kill. Demons in Arkain don't need to be killed in the Void to die for good. Check what @Championfighter25 posted above

3)Most likely for either of three reasons: love of killing and conquest, because the Void is basically on ruins, so they need better lands or what @Championfighter25 said below

Level 22
Hm. I've got a few questions. 1) Perhaps spoiler-heavy one, but if we choose golden guard, what would chapter 14 be about? 2) So Kersidar is still alive. How does that work? Like in warcraft, to kill a demon you have to kill him both in our dimension and the twisting nether. 3) This is not quite related to the topic, but why are demons invading human world at all? Do they run from someone/something?
1) I guess van Durce trying to overthrow the emperor?
2) High ranking dreadlords can master the art of immortality. At least that's what we know for now.
Also Aridon said they cannot be killed by ordinary means as they will always come back if defeated this way.
3) I doubt it, however the demons, are manipulated by the dark entity. Make out of that what you will.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Oh, I totally forgot the way dreadlords work here xD Thanks for the reminder. And for the rest of the answers, of course.

Level 10
Shar, ever thought about adding buildable walls? Something that will be a little better than using farms.

Level 9
@Shar Dundred Why aren't Theoden and Birram playable, at the very least allied heroes, in the Gardon version of chapter 11 but they're there in the Golden Guard version? I know you might not want to oversaturate the map with heroes, but in my opinion, having them at least there would provide continuity between the 2 versions with 2 heroes, and a full faction in the knights of kome

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Shar, ever thought about adding buildable walls? Something that will be a little better than using farms.
Yes, but no.
@Shar Dundred Why aren't Theoden and Birram playable, at the very least allied heroes, in the Gardon version of chapter 11 but they're there in the Golden Guard version? I know you might not want to oversaturate the map with heroes, but in my opinion, having them at least there would provide continuity between the 2 versions with 2 heroes, and a full faction in the knights of kome
You already have enough allies and heroes on that map - also, mind the player maximum.
Checked that interlude. It is for Gardon only? No Golden Guard version?
Gardon only, yes.
Alright, watched the interlude :D
So, what did you do? ;)
Now now, I recommend adding (A) into the prefix, just for keeping on track.
Might do that. :p

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

I for one didnt trust Ebira. What if her "pact" is a trap? Besides I doubt Gardon would take any pacts, he's ruthless and stubborn to change his mind.

Level 22
I watched the interlude and of course i know about the entire demons share the ultimate goal of keeping their race and independence alive, but i chose not to accept the pact. It will mean a harder chapter 14, but really i don't trust her. However i will chose the other part later on to see what happens, because i'm curious.
Also Gardon has freed the remains of Kerrel, Lor and Isalmur, but what of Salria? Do the orcs still control the kingdom? If so why doesn't he reconquer it? Concentrating on the demons is indeed the top priority, but will it take him such a long time?

Level 29
I read the Undead Character Sheet.

My thoughts:
-Does Queen Keera hold a grudge towards Rahandir?
-I find Lady Mera quite sympathetic. The fear of death is something that is quite natural to all living beings and some will do anything to avoid death, anything.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Also Gardon has freed the remains of Kerrel, Lor and Isalmur, but what of Salria? Do the orcs still control the kingdom? If so why doesn't he reconquer it? Concentrating on the demons is indeed the top priority, but will it take him such a long time?
The Tribal Dominion has dug in pretty strongly and the Demons are priority, so he cannot afford to waste time like that.
-Does Queen Keera hold a grudge towards Rahandir?
Nah.
I wonder if Ebira would keep true on that promise
She will be unable to break the magic oath.
Kind of distrustful to Ebira, given how she damaged the entire human forces and how she turned Lisara into a traitor of some form that even Ornasion distrust Lisara.
Demon society is pretty nice, isn't it? :xxd:

Level 22
But on real life, nope dope, that's the last type of society to be in.
Come on man, who doesn't like everlasting power vacuums, risk of dying at the hands of your own kind and being overthrown at any moment, narrowly avoiding conflicts and civil wars by accepting a superior, mind games, political games and to be in a everlasting struggle to keep your tribe ( or legion in this case) alive and independant?
I would die to live in a society like that. :p

Come on man, who doesn't like everlasting power vacuums, risk of dying at the hands of your own kind and being overthrown at any moment, narrowly avoiding conflicts and civil wars by accepting a superior, mind games, political games and to be in a everlasting struggle to keep your tribe ( or legion in this case) alive and independant?
I would die to live in a society like that. :p
Nope, just nope.

Level 10
The kind I would like to be in if I'm a villain :D
But on real life, nope dope, that's the last type of society to be in.

The White demon House of Arkain :D
I am really eager to see Aedale and how our choice in chapter 11 affects her story. Will Aedale appear in the gran finale for Gardon / van Durce?

Level 10
So the story of Aedale will most likely close in the upcoming chapter. The story of Larine is probably also getting closed then. Or will she try to cook up something with dwarves to free Salana from Gardon´s spell? Rahandir is familiar with this magic and he still has the twins. Maybe he will intervene in the elves enslavement business too?

Level 10
I dont really think they will. The march to free Salana only makes sense if team Gardon wins. If not, she ends up dead.

Just fyi, two of the Big Three (choices) you have seen now.
1) Team Gardon or Team van Durce
2) Ebira pact
3) Coming in Chapter 13
This indirectly means that Gardon's side is the presumed canon (if that thing even still exist, which is not anymore) choice.

I'm curious, must be the Redfist stuff choice. Oh, and give Cora into the chapter list if Scarlett in Gardon's bandwagon :D

Level 29
Kind of distrustful to Ebira, given how she damaged the entire human forces and how she turned Lisara into a traitor of some form that even Ornasion distrust Lisara.

Well, she made a magic oath. If these magic oaths are like the ones of Harry Potter, she will die if she breaks the oath.

So the story of Aedale will most likely close in the upcoming chapter. The story of Larine is probably also getting closed then. Or will she try to cook up something with dwarves to free Salana from Gardon´s spell? Rahandir is familiar with this magic and he still has the twins. Maybe he will intervene in the elves enslavement business too?

I am surprised she didn't join van Durce in defeating Gardon... Sure she must hate them, but I think she would be more afraid of Gardon and his shadow, dragon and undead allies.

Level 22
Well, she made a magic oath. If these magic oaths are like the ones of Harry Potter, she will die if she breaks the oath.
I like to believe she made it look real, but in reality it was all a sham.
Although untill the final chapter isn't released this is just speculation.

I am surprised she didn't join van Durce in defeating Gardon... Sure she must hate them, but I think she would be more afraid of Gardon and his shadow, dragon and undead allies.
She may have been way too busy making a plan how to make her father pay for all the pain he caused her. Maybe that's why, she wasn't present or even cared about what was happening.

Level 29
She may have been way too busy making a plan how to make her father pay for all the pain he caused her. Maybe that's why, she wasn't present.

I was referring to Larine. She escaped from Brian after her failed attempt to defeat him and vanished.

I like to believe she made it look real, but in reality it was all a sham.
Although untill the final chapter isn't released this is just speculation.

I think Gardon would recognize a fake magic oath.

Level 22
I was referring to Larine. She escaped from Brian after her failed attempt to defeat him and vanished.
Sorry, i though you were referring to Aedale.
Anyway, i think the reason she didn't join them was, because everyone now sees her as an enemy.
Van Durce may have had a feeling she was betrayed by Gardon, but i think he would have either told her to go away or he would kill her.

Level 29
Anyway, i think the reason she didn't join them was, because everyone now sees her as an enemy.
Van Durce may have had a feeling she was betrayed by Gardon, but i think he would have either told her to go away or he would kill her.

Given the situation, van Durce would accept all the help he could get. And Zarin would like her, since she shares his opinion about Salana being brainwashed.

By the way, who will rule the Elves on the Golden Guard story, since Salana and all the former Queen's advisors are dead? Maybe Queen Keera:D?

Level 29
I mean, we can snach the babies from Rahandir and put one on the throne. A stupid idea? Yeah, very stupid, but at least we won't have a succession crisis. :D

Yeah, I think the elves would prefer a succession crisis than having a ruler raised by a lich, a lich that killed an elven queen and the Queen Renova's advisor...

Level 3
So the Golden Guard version of ch 11 seems a lot harder than the Ironfist. Does theoden have a healing aura/scepter of life or something? That seems really broken

Level 10
I wonder if declining the wench's proposal was a mistake. I hope not, but at least I know that everything is possible at this point, and beating the demoness at the top of the demon race is included.

Level 10
I feel like Aedale will have an impact there. With Aedale we can get through the Void without her we can´t.

Level 10
It was hell of a tempting offer, powerful enough to prevent demons from leaving the void and enter the lands of Arkain, and the other races from entering the void. A pact that will bring true peace and end the story, but I still prefer refusing it to see one final battle against the demons, and secure a more guaranteed peace.

Level 5
It was hell of a tempting offer, powerful enough to prevent demons from leaving the void and enter the lands of Arkain, and the other races from entering the void. A pact that will bring true peace and end the story, but I still prefer refusing it to see one final battle against the demons, and secure a more guaranteed peace.
Well, we will still get a final battle regardless of whatever choice you make, but she said that she and her chosen few would leave right before the battle would start, weakening Kersidar and his Souleater Legion for Gardon

Level 22
Even if we chose the pact it still won't make that big of a difference in the long run. Yes the remainder of the souleater legion will leave us alone forever (maybe will, since i don't completely trust them)
But that's only one of many legions. We will still have the darkblade and mindslayer legion as enemies. And many more after them to follow.

Level 5
At least we got one demonic legion off our backs.

On a side note, will Chapter Seven still get a terrain rework?

Level 10
The whole chapter will get a big rework sometime after the second human book is finished.

I would like chapter 5 reworked. Controlling the Ironfist, Royals and Golden Guard as 3 separate factions is maddening. Maybe more of the ability to signal your allies where and when to attack, so you can focus more on micro your own mages and heros.

Level 3
As long as the cannon is operational its not like they can invade past the void so IMO accepting the pact is only going to make the battle easier but theyre going to have to leave us alone regardless.