• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Content Discussion [SPOILER]

Level 10
Nope, they're bound to him. Had to check real quick.

Well, he´s a ****(paladin) anyway. I bet Gardon only accepted him to get his troops hoping Lerrig would get killed in battle.
How is Shar picking who will get his character/army in his books? Only people who work with him on those books? Triggerers, testers etc?

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Well, he´s a ****(paladin) anyway. I bet Gardon only accepted him to get his troops hoping Lerrig would get killed in battle.
How is Shar picking who will get his character/army in his books? Only people who work with him on those books? Triggerers, testers etc?
I thought he picked upon he's first supporters. Like he did with theoden of kome and imperator.

Kasrkin

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 26
Like LickMyEyeBall said it was just first supporters and they're all pretty much done no new ones are slated. But I believe you're asking about Flour and Jay though, suffice to say we like Flour and as for Jay welllllll his growing hatred of all things holy was glorious. Absolutely enjoyable

Level 10
Like LickMyEyeBall said it was just first supporters and they're all pretty much done no new ones are slated. But I believe you're asking about Flour and Jay though, suffice to say we like Flour and as for Jay welllllll his growing hatred of all things holy was glorious. Absolutely enjoyable

Pity, would be hilarious if Shar shared some of the crazier fanfic that the community came with in his epilogues. Like some of the "screwed scenes" that come with credits in some films. Some of the memes guys here came with are worth gold medal.

Kasrkin

Level 26
Pity, would be hilarious if Shar shared some of the crazier fanfic that the community came with in his epilogues. Like some of the "screwed scenes" that come with credits in some films. Some of the memes guys here came with are worth gold medal.
While we bring in outside references sometimes it is still a serious story and such things will not be included.

Level 10
While we bring in outside references sometimes it is still a serious story and such things will not be included.

No need to have dead serious tone when rolling credits right :D :D
I know you included for example "van Douche" in chapter 9, Lords of the Golden guard.

Level 11
Knight hero when you're going up against the golden guard as ironfist in mission 11, hes also merion's apprentice

Level 10
For all that is Holy, your news update made me cry, Shar. New way to affect old characters. Ohhh man this is wonderful news. All the possibilities, I just can´t wait to get my paws on that!
Honestly, all the choices and their impact along with that news stuff will add so much replayability.
Single player games are full of possibilities.

Level 9
Currently replaying the First Human Book and a thought came to my mind. If the Golden Guard had not tortured Blen to death, whose side would he have been on? Gardon's or Van Durce's?

In chapter 2 of the First Human Book, there's a clearing of some sort close to the prison where you free your scouts. The trees have been cleared away in a circle, giving the impression that there was a secret if you cut down the trees and go into that area, but there's nothing. What was the point of that area?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
Currently replaying the First Human Book and a thought came to my mind. If the Golden Guard had not tortured Blen to death, whose side would he have been on? Gardon's or Van Durce's?
I guess he would have been loyal to van Durce, but once he sees what's really going on he would have defected to Gardon's side at some point. Considering what Gardon does i don't think Blen would remain his ally for a long time though.

Level 29
I guess he would have been loyal to van Durce, but once he sees what's really going on he would have defected to Gardon's side at some point. Considering what Gardon does i don't think Blen would remain his ally for a long time though.

Maybe the side Blen would choose would depend on whose side we took during the first book. If we chose Genethas, then Gardon is pissed at Blen and wouldn't accept him. If we chose Gardon, then Blen would choice Gardon again...

Level 22
Maybe the side Blen would choose would depend on whose side we took during the first book. If we chose Genethas, then Gardon is pissed at Blen and wouldn't accept him. If we chose Gardon, then Blen would choice Gardon again...
Gardon either has an eternal grudge or will simply move on and accept you.
Harmos even if you chose to support Genethas still got accepted by Gardon, even if Gardon was a bit angry at him, so either could have happened.

Level 12
The new chapters made me sympathize a big deal more with van durce. . .

Also is it just me or is the Golden Guard chapter 11 a lot harder than the Iron fist's ?

Last edited:
Level 10
So, if I understand this new version and its comments right, all the incoming story changes, like more impactful decisions about Salana and consequently Larine, will all be included in the final release and not in the demo with ch. 13, correct?

Level 10
Shar, I got a question for you. When you finish your release version, you mentioned some new impacts of player´s choices. Will there be a list of chapters where we can see these new impacts?

Level 10
Quite possibly.
Something like "play the 2nd book all anew" :D :D

I find that in chapter 11, the biggest difference between Gardon and Renald is the defensibility. Gardon can very easily defend using just heroes (if you have Scarlett with staff of silence it is really just a child´s play). Renald also has an enemy dual-base right at his doorstep, making manouvers very difficult. The first part of the game is basically just doing good old fashioned "keep makin soldiers to flood them" game. Scarlett is also such a big aoe girl, she can cut the enemy down in size big time. Renald seriously lacks this aoe ability. Maybe swap Mordin for that Runepriest? His ulti aoe isnt worth much but at least its something. That additional aoe heal will mix well with executors. A king should lead his men into battle personally after all.

Edit:maybe telling some more info at that new thing you added, like notes (terrain finished) or (under testing) :D
and how is Kasrkin the grammar genius? :D :D

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
heheheegrhegdfbvxfgnhsyrjhyasdfvSDFBDAGTSNZDFH

Just imagineeeee the torture we can put you through now, the torture I'll go through as well!

The possibility of adding a 3vs21 matchup in the 1.29 version of WarCraft broke @Kasrkin's mind.
Also, I might create a thread to write down the changes of the full version soon.

Level 10
Van Durce version of chapter 14 will have 21 enemy bases confirmed!!!!
And considering how "useful" Arkain allies are, 1vs 21 is a more accurate matchup. :p

I would actually count your "allies" as enemies too, as they occupy gold mines that would otherwise serve your cause :D :D

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Not really, no.
But a higher number of players adds possibilities - and no, I am not only refering to the possibility
to have more enemies than before.

Example:
In the final mission of the First Undead Book, I could not have the human and orc factions
fight each other like in the final mission of the First Orc Book due to the player count limitation.
Trust me, 12 players is much less than it sounds if you remember that pre-placed units etc. also
require a player slot.
The 1.29 patch would enable me to re-add the human-orc-battles to the final mission of the
First Undead Book if I so desired.

Level 29
Not specifically factions, but you can make a lot of different characters that command only a certain base. That way even if the differences between them are almost non-existent, you can easily fill up 21 slots.

How many characters that can lead armies are exactly alive at this point? During these two books quite a lot of commanders died.

Level 22
How many characters that can lead armies are exactly alive at this point? During these two books quite a lot of commanders died.
"21 random Arkain commanders dead, well just replace them with another 21 ". :D
You never know in Arkain really. Talented guys (and girls like Claire) can pop up at any moment and lead an army.
If you look at how fast she became a general it really doesn't sound that impossible . In only took her chapters 3 and 4 for her to reach that rank.

Last edited:

Kasrkin

Level 26
So many possibilities with all those slots! We can add the demons back into the finale of the orc book if we want and other missions where we wanted more armies can now have them.

Level 22
Played the new chapter.
It really shocks me that orcs are demon servants. I guess even their specialty of never being able to be manipulated can be broken. Also it's really funny how the Moghtar are the demon servants. There goes their entire ''moghtar master race, better than regular orcs'' thing. I guess it was just boasting and nothing more.
I wonder if killing Fox and Thorn will have an impact in the future?
And finally the choice. Of course i spared him. And judging from what i saw, i guess i chose right. Sad that Aedale couldn't get Lisara off her body and just end it right there, but well, i guess its her fate. She'll return to normal sooner or later... of course this is Arkain and something else can happen.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Such a Shar-ish thingy at the end. Although I didnt consume any demonic artifacts in the past, so I guess the ending would be better if I did. Or would it?
UPD: After a short contemplation I got a few thoughts to spill out. So, we are at the very tail of 2nd human book, no human books ahead anymore. I know Shar is going to change some plot points before the release, yet still I cant see how Aedale's arc fits into the rest. Her story feels so...empty, I would say? I was confused at the start, because I refused to take both demonic shards and BANG, she's a demonologist anyway, Then we get to see her twice, I believe? Going to some cave, seeking what? And here we are, chapter 13, two endings and the only question: Is Aedale even important to the story? Not to sound arrogant, but that is how I see her current state, maybe because I dont know of final design of the plot. Anyway, I hope Aedale and Larine will get some more "screen time" to fill the gaps.
P.S. Despite the fact that Orie fooking tricked us, I still chose to spare Papa-Redfist's life. I do believe by killing her daddy she will utterly lose humanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 22
no human books ahead anymore
For a while at least. The 3rd human book may happen sometime later. And we have spin-off campaigns that may finish stories that won't be able to be fit in the 1st 2 human books.

I was confused at the start, because I refused to take both demonic shards and BANG, she's a demonologist anyway
She is just a bit less heartless if you don't take the shard and the artifact so that's something. Also Lisara knows how to manipulate people and Aedale although not directly power hungry, wants to become stronger, in order to prove herself to everyone else. Being the novice of the family and people constantly talking how your peers, brothers and sisters are better than you can really make you go to extreme lenghts to prove you are equal to them.

Going to some cave, seeking what?
I guess she planned how to get her revenge. Also maybe some other item to boost her power.

Is Aedale even important to the story?
To the grand story? A little bit. I think what Shar wanted was to show us more of an individual tragedy. And i like that. (Yes, i know a lot of nameless soldiers were involded, but everything was centered between Aedale and her father, not a massive conflict that decided the fate of hundreds of millions of people)

P.S. Despite the fact that Orie fooking tricked us, I still chose to spare Papa-Redfist's life. I do believe by killing her daddy she will utterly lose humanity.
Then again Lisara tricked us the whole time, so Orie tricking us once doesn't seem so bad.