Arkain Question Time Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 44
Here you may find the Arkain Question Time published on 2nd September 2017.
Any future AQTs will also be archived here.

1) Will you someday show the geography of the world of Arkain?
When I have the time for it, maybe.
It isn't on any of my priority lists, to be honest.

2) How big is the continent of Arkain? Is it roughly the size of Europe or way smaller than that?
I would say, even more than that. Around the size of Europe + Russia.
Keep in mind that the demonic realm behind the Void is included in this and that is a gigantic realm.

3) How much is the population of the entire Arkain continent if we exclude the undead and demons?
Same answer as for the size of the continent.

4) Are there other continents in the planet of Arkain,expect of course the continent where the Human Empire is on?
Yes.

5) Did the ''Behind the Scenes of Arkain'' cinematic turn this entire series into a snuff film?
It wasn't before?

6) Did the story ever have an entirely different script than the version we have now?
Well, at the very beginning of the campaign creation (2012), I had intended to have the players decide who would be the traitor. It would have been a choice between Gardon and Genethas. So, like, if you side if Genethas, you don't just fight Gardon, you actually would have had him BECOME the traitor.
As you can imagine, this would have changed the Second Human Book TREMENDOUSLY.
I cannot tell you what it would be like today, as the idea has been there loooong before the script of the Second Human Book had been finished - or even properly started.
I think that Blen even would still have been a main character.

7) If you had to make a "good" and "bad" time-line in each of the books, what choices should one make, and what side quests should be/not be completed to get the "worst" outcome and the "best" outcome?
I cannot do that. There simply is no "best" or "worst" outcome.

8) Is there any meaning to the name of the series or to any designation in the Legends?
No, there is none, sorry to disappoint you. :p

9) Will you make major updates to the First Books?
Yes, but don't ask for a schedule, though.
I have millions of things to do with Arkain before I can be satisfied.

10) Were there any other missions that were interesting in concept (just like Krom killing chieftains metal gear solid style)that you scrapped from all the campaigns?
Yes, there was a mission in the Orc Book about Vanessa infiltrating a Human village after a base of hers got ambushed & destroyed by the Knights of Kome. There she would, for the first time in her life, really see Humans as they were outside of battle. At the end of that mission, she would have been captured by the Knights of Kome and then brought to Gardon.
The chapter idea was scrapped because it would have been a run-around-and-do-nothing mission that doesn't really evolve the story too much. Also, I decided to change her character a different way.

11) Do all 3 stories connect with each other in a "canon" time-line? The reason why I ask, is that in both the undead and human book you can kill Sasrogarn, while in the orc book he lives.
No, they don't.
There are several events that overlap or happen in all stories, like the Imperials being defeated by the Orcs who are then overrun by the Demons, but there isn't a real "canon" timeline.

12) Are there any chapters that are so unsatisfying you want to rework them?
Chapter Four and Chapter Two of the First Orc Book.
The latter isn't "unsatisfying", though, I just want to give the story there an overhaul.

13) So when did Dogran REALLY die? I mean in the Human Book we see him die in the temple, while in the Orc Book we see him get killed by Aridon.
It is as you said. In the Human Book he died in the temple, in the Orc Book Aridon killed him.
There is no canon.

14) What happened to the Undead Guardian that was protecting the Demon Artifact that got absorbed by Aedale?
Depending on the player's choice he either died or brought the Demon Eye to a new hideout and guards it.

15) Was Selior Cleavehand supposed to play a bigger part in an earlier script of the story?
In a very, very early script of the story, yes.
It was scrapped soon, however - ever since that, he started eating lots of ice cream and cries all day.
We tried to kill him, but he returned as a ghost and still ate ice cream.
This is a Behind the Scenes reference, btw, in case you were wondering.

16) Does Saphira know that Rahandir killed her?
Yes, she remembers everything that happened.
However, she also knows that the Orc raiders would have caught her regardless.
That makes no sense for you? Wait for the update to the First Orc Book! ;-]

17) Why did Aridon the Watcher allow Largoth to be in the undead army? Didn't he see it coming that he would betray them?
He did see it coming, but Largoth had been very useful for Aridon, so he had decided to, temporarily, keep him.

18) How/When did Vanessa die in the Undead Book? She was alive at the end of the Orc Book.
In the Undead Book, Sasrogarn arrived to late to save her - she died in Castle Kome, killed during the siege by the knights.

19) Will there be a happy ending to all books?
That depends on your definition of "happy ending".
If it is "EVERYTHING will be good, EVERYONE will live happily ever after", you will be disappointed.
This is war, people die.

20) Will the Dark Entity be revealed?
Yes, maybe even sooner than you expect!

21) Are we going to see more to the Forgotten faction or the red orcs (Moghtar)?
Yes and yes.

22) Will you ever make the human emperor Theodor the Second make a cameo appearance?
He will appear in the Epilogue of the Second Human Book.

23) Are we going to see dragons (besides undead frost wyrms) in the following books ?
Yes.

24) Will we fight in the Void?
The void is the border/rift, not the lands.
You cannot fight inside a bottomless rift.
If you want to know if you bring the fight to the realm of the Demons behind the void... Time will tell.

25) Will you add even more choices that change the gameplay,not just the dialogue in this and the other Second Books?
Some choices will affect gameplay as well, yes.
In fact, I have quite some plans for a system that allows you to choose your own army more.
I plan to experiment with that in the Second Orc Book.

26) Are the different factions like Golden Guard and Ironfist going to get their own skins and models for their buildings?
I had considered that, but I decided against it for two reasons.
a) I couldn't really find building sets that I considered suitable for the factions.
b) It would require much more work for tech trees regarding units, upgrades and buildings – more than I deemed it worth it.
The same can also be applied to all other factions and races.

27) How long do we need to wait for the release of the full version of Second Human Book?
I am not working on a schedule, so no idea.
I want to finally finish it in 2017, though.

28) Is van Durce a good guy that is just misunderstood?
Well... *He* thinks he is a good guy...
To be fair, he is mostly just following his orders, though.

29) Will we see Zarin Hammerfall return?
Very soon, yes!

30) Does Brian's ring hold great secrets and the truth about him?
Brian's ring is a memory to remind him of the life he once had, his family, his mortality, his humanity, his personality and him... being alone.

31) When will you release chapter 8?
I am pretty sure I already released it. ;-]

32) When will you release Chapter 9?
I have no set schedule to finish my stuff, it is a hobby, I am unable to set a schedule.
I release the maps when they are done and have been tested.

33) Does Gardon want to get the princess of Kerrel for his wife?
Nope, he has other marriage plans.

34) What is Aridon's true status on the Second Human Book?
Everything is going according to plan.

35) Will we know more about the relationship between Brian and Aridon?
MUCH more!

36) Is Gardon suspicious of Brian?
Yes, but he trusts Brian more than he would trust others.

37) Will you reveal how Gardon and Brian met and how Brian tutored him?
Yes.

38) Why does Brian keep such a huge part of his secrets to himself?
There are things he cannot reveal to Gardon as of yet as Gardon has other things to focus on.

39) Why did the Golden Guard decide to kill Blen Greymoore and only imprison Harmos and Aedale?
He was tortured to death, not outright killed.
Aedale was pretty safe because the Golden Guard wouldn't dare touch the daughter of Duke Redfist - unless of course said daughter would be allied with Gardon, like Cora.
Then they would simply have blamed the rebels for her death. Aedale however, was in custody - and her father knew that.
There was no way of freeing her without him knowing it was the Golden Guard. And no one, not even the arrogant van Durce, would want Redfist as his enemy.
Harmos on the other hand would have suffered the same fate as Blen if he hadn't been freed.

40) Will Lord Thanok be playable?
Evil always finds its way.

41) Why didn't Saphira want to fulfil Aridon's last wish?
What makes you think that Aridon had a last wish?

42) What's Rahandir going to do with the two half-blood children of Queen Renova?
Now, that would be too much of a spoiler, wouldn't it?
I can tell, though, you that he won't kill or even harm them.

43) Are we going to learn what Thanok really is?
You are going to learn more about Thanok, yes.

44) Why didn't Gardon or Thanok brainwash Scarlett Retka rather than wasting her as a potential ally in the case he chose Cora?
Cora wouldn't have accepted with Scarlett either way - in addition, neither she nor anyone else needs to know too much about the amulets. That would have made her leave as well – on more hostile terms.

45) Are we going to see Lord Brian demonstrate his true power in the Second Human Book ?
He won't have to.

46) We haven't seen the Dwarves so far in the Second Human Book, where are they?
In battle against the Demons - mostly at the borders of their own realms.
You will see them.

47) Is the Kasrkin commander that appeared in the interlude death of a legend the same that appeared in chapter 1 of the first human book?
Yes, he is.
This particular Kasrkin Commander is the leader of the Kasrkin - before Blen's death he was his second-in-command.
Before you ask: No, you didn't kill him in Chapter Eight of the First Undead Book. That was another commander.

48) Will we get a chapter in the Second Human Book where fighting on the sea will be a main part of it?
The final mission will feature both a navy battle AND a land battle.

49) Who is Salana going to marry?
Salana isn't going to get married.

50) If Aridon had future vision how come he didn't see the ambush coming?
He did see everything that was coming his way.

51) How many members of the Redfist family are alive and are we going to see any of them?
Counting the ones you have already encountered in person, you will see five in total in the Second Books.
Six family members still alive at this point. There used to be more.

52) Is it mainly the players fault that best daddy of the entire universe, since the birth of earth Duke Volarian Redfist ''the Tyrant'' is such a bad person – if he actually is a bad person?
A certain action commited by the player may have turned him into "the Tyrant", if he really is one.
If he is no tyrannical character, then a certain action commited by the player will have left a mark on his poor soul.
He is a rather tragic character, actually and will make players feel bad for a certain past deed they have committed.

53) Are we going to learn more about Vanessa's history and heritage?
Apart from being adopted (or actually stolen) and raised by Rangul?
Yes.

54) Will Vanessa be a main character or play a bigger role in the Second Orc Book?
She will play a bigger role, yes, but that isn't too hard in the first place, to be honest.
She wasn't really that important in the First Orc Book to begin with.

55)In your trailer for the Second Books appeared a female troll. Will there be troll heroes for us to control in the Second Orc Book?
Yes, there will be at least one - the female dark troll you have seen in the trailer.
I think she was no dark troll in the trailer, but she is.

56) Are the Murlocs going to be playable in the Second Orc Book?
They will appear, but it is not certain yet if they will be playable.

57) Since we now know that Orcs can ally with Murlocs and Trolls, are we going to see them having Ogres or other creatures as allies in the future?
There will be more races they will ally with, yes.

58) Will we get to know more about the Dark Elves in the Second Undead Book?
MUCH MUCH more!

59) If Aridon died during the final mission of the Undead Book will that have serious consequences on the Second Undead Book?
First off, it will change dialogue regarding Ornasion.
Apart from that, yeah, you will get a punch in the face in the first mission already.
I am not kidding.

60) Are the Dark Elves and Driders undead, or are they alive and just allies with the Undead?
They are not undead.
More about them will be revealed when the time is right.

61) What character did you base character XY on?
I am not using templates to create my characters.
There will always be similarities to other characters from other universes, that is inevitable, but I do not base my characterson existing ones. I create them from scratch and form their personality myself.
Sure, certain stereotypes or other things might influence them, i. e. I want Renald van Durce to be a rather disliked character, so I make him as arrogant as possible - in the bad way.
Blen on the other hand was the paradigm, the one every soldier wanted to be like - and still a plain character who wasn't too interesting. That, however, allowed more freedom with choices made by him.
I think I have been quite successful with that so far.

62) Who is your favorite character of them all (on Arkain)?
I cannot answer that with just one character, I like many characters I created.
Gardon, Rahandir, Aridon, Krom, Brian, Scarlett, Vail, Zairmak, many others.
In a way, I would even say that I like van Durce because I made him such an arrogant asshole.
I like every character who turns out to be exactly what I want the character to be.
I think that's also because, unlike you guys, I don't have to fight them on the battlefield. :-]

63) Is there a favourite character which is not obvious and are any characters related to real life events, especially pertaining yours?
Despite me not having a real favorite character, as I mentioned before, I will say that I really like Scarlett, but that is mostly because I have created her very long ago for something not Arkain-related and pretty much then decided to move her into the Arkain universe. She is kinda nuts and I like that a bit too much. Wouldn't recommend her to be your girlfriend, though.
Interestingly, her character is only about one and a half month younger than the Legends of Arkain thread, so almost the same age.
No characters are related to anything in real life, not mine, not anyone else's. At least not on purpose.

64) Was Gardon's father a high ranking member of the Imperial Army or a high ranking political member?
He was a very high ranking politician.

65) What is Lord Brian's age?
That's a difficult question to answer for reasons too much of a spoiler to explain...
Let's just say that he is older than Rahandir.

66) Is Brian close to Aridon in terms of power?
Brian is powerful, but still far away from the true extent of Aridon's power.

67) Is Lord Brian the Dark Entity?
No.

68) Is Merlon Seabright actually @Arowanna?
Nope.

69) Does Merlon like sand?
Yeah, but he prefers the sea over almost everything.
If he was @Arowanna, he would like @San, however! :-]

70) What is the name of Merlon Seabright's flagship?
He has no flagship currently, the Undead destroyed it along with the rest of the fleet not too long ago, as you might remember (First Books).

71) Did Ebira fulfil the wish of Genethas, did he become king of all demon slaves?
He is the leader of the slaves now, yes, but he still became a slave himself.

72) Why is it that Rangul doesn't think that there might be more humans that are like Vanessa, and since she could become a part of the clan, maybe others like her, or maybe people who are better, can join to?
Vanessa has been raised by the Orcs, and still is hardly accepted by most.
There are no other Humans who have been raised by an Orc.
In addition, him seeing certain Ironfist tools (like Merlon's amulet) - with Rangul being unable to see the difference between Ironfist and any other Humans apart from the Ironfist being more dangerous enemies than other Humans - increased his distrust.

73) What was Aridon before he turned into an archlich?
You mean, what was Aridon before he turned into an undead?
He has never really been anything else. He is, in fact, the very Avatar of Death.
For more information about that, read this.

74) What is Krom's backstory? What was he before he became Undead?
Krom was among the first to be raised as Undead to serve Aridon.
He used to be an Arkainian, a member of the very first race of Arkain. He was an extremely skilled assassin who defied the gods when they started waging war on each other, not wanting to participate in that conflict. He was slain for his denial and later reanimated by Aridon.

75) Is Aridon the oldest being in the Arkain universe?
One of the oldest.
If you add his time as a living being and the time between his death and his reanimation as an Undead, though, Krom would be the oldest. Krom was born before Aridon.

76) Who is the oldest servant of Aridon?
Krom.

77) What does Rahandir prefer? Coffee or soda?
Neither, he is dead, he doesn't drink anything.

78) Since Rahandir is familiar with Gardon's magic that he uses to control his troops,can he dispell it?
Gardon uses no magic to control his troops, he uses on certain individual officers.
Several regiments under his command are absolutely fanatical in their service to him without wearing the amulets.
Anyway, going back to the question if he can dispell it:
Under certain circumstances.

79) What are the names of the 3 Bonelords?
Here are not only their names, but also their primary attributes:
Kasresh (Strength), Rogthil (Agility) and Sha'thar (Intelligence).

80) If Sir Edoarus was brought back decades ago by Aridon,considering the Voidwar ended 20 years ago, why didn't we see or hear of him during the First Undead Book?
He simply wasn't involved in the major events so far.

81) Why does Sir Edoarus have a disdain for paladins?
As living Human, Sir Edoarus the Executioner was executing everyone who had broken the law - regardless WHAT law it was. In his mind, there was no place for mercy or redemption for criminals.
Paladins considered him a cruel monster with no sense of honor. However, he has no special disdain for them.
In fact, after his death, Sir Edoarus developed a disdain for most living beings.

82) Are Largoth and Lisara serving the Demon Legions or they're serving someone else?
They are not serving any of the legions.

83) Will Progaderas return ever again or did we permanently kill him?
Progaderas will never die.
Poor bastard will keep getting killed over and over again, though - and be pissed about it.

84) What is your favorite race on Arkain?
I want to say Demons, but I haven't given them enough love yet to claim that.
So, Undead.

85) Can Pale Elves and Elves "intermingle"?
Theoretically, yes.
Isn't going to happen, though.

86) Can Elves and Humans "intermingle"?
As the Emperor and Queen Renova have proven, yes.

87) Can succubi "intermingle" with mortal races?
Theoretically, yes.
(Yes, I really got three questions like that.)

88) Is there anyone who can resist the dark magic of Gardon's amulet?
Orcs cannot be controlled, not by magic, not by Demons, not even by Aridon himself.
The will of the Undead is bound to their masters', so it doesn't affect them.
The masters of the Undead are too powerful to be controlled by amulets.
Powerful beings could find means to resist it as well.
It also doesn't work on animals.

89) Who is stronger: Golden Guard, Kasrkin or Ironfist?
The Kasrkin have been weakened a lot, they are no match for either in their current state.
While Gardon and the Ironfist have grown a lot in power recently, the Golden Guard would, if you combine the forces on both continents, still destroy them with relative ease. Even Gardon cannot win when outnumbered like 10,000 to 1.

90) When the war ends how many Elves will die? Will it be enough to make an entire continent of elven bones?
I think that even if you killed all Elves, both military and civilian, there wouldn't be enough bones for that.
Would have to consult Krom on that, though, he is the specialist.

91) Are there Dark or Pale Dwarves?
No.
If you want to play as Dark Dwarves, you will have to wait until Creative Assembly adds the Chaos Dawi to one of their Total War: Warhammer games.

92) A question about the human faction referred to as "the Demon Slaves". What makes them slaves? Are they mind controlled, or are they referred to as such out of disrespect for their allegiance with the demons? Lord Genethas is promised something in exchange for his service, but not mind controlled. Are the "demon slave" factions willingly siding with the demons, or are there cases of the mind control and willing allegiance?
There are several different cases here.
There are those who have been captured and tortured until their minds were broken, turned into slaves.
Others have been seduced with promises of power, wealth or with fulfilling any of their wishes, like Genethas, and have willingly joined the Demons, being put under mind control in a more subtle, but still extremely powerful way.
There are also those who have grown up in a society controlled by their demonic overlords who have been indoctrinated with the directive to serve the Demons until death form their very birth.

93) If we take Gardon's armies and the royal army do they outnumber the Undead or the Golden Guard?
Undead
There is absolutely nothing that can outnumber the Undead since Aridon has been collecting the countless dead on Arkain. However, he cannot use all of them at the same time to defeat his enemies because by doing so, he would give all other races a common enemy to focus all their efforts on.
This could lead to two different scenarios:
a) The Undead defeat the mortal races, but weaken them so much that they will all go extinct sooner or later.
b) The mortals would defeat the Undead since even the Undead cannot fight against EVERYONE ELSE at the same time, especially since the mortal races, yes, even the Orcs, would be smart enough to focus on the Undead instead of attacking each other. It wouldn't be an "alliance of all mortals", but it would make them stop fighting against each other for a while. Even the Undead could be crushed then.
Aridon neither wants all mortals to go extinct nor does he want to see the Undead crushed, so he will never use the entirety of his forces.
Golden Guard
They would at least outnumber the Golden Guard that is currently on the continent, but if you add the Golden Guard from the Empire's home continent beyond the Great Sea.... No way.

94) How did Trolls and Orcs meet each other?
After the Orcs had been defeated by the Demons and hunted by the Humans after the Orcs' arrival on Arkain (very very long ago), they met the Forest Trolls. The two races weren't too different from each other, they both were hunted and killed by the other races. Their alliance was one of convinience.
The Forest Trolls started getting used to be led by Orcs and the Orcs considered them as equals, so that Trolls became part of the different Orc Clans.

95) Why is it hard for the Undead to manipulate the Orcs?
The Orcs' nature forbids them to be manipulated or controlled, not even Aridon or the Dark One could control them. They can be tricked, of course, like everyone else, but you will never see an Orc become a slave of anyone else – not even the Demons.

96) Do most Undead in Arkain become feral when they have no master?
Unlike Blizzard, I have not forgotten that Undead will simply lose their (un)life if they lack a master or at least some sort of power source to keep them alive.
Since they are no zerg, they will not become feral.

97) Will we get to know more about Nerubians in general?
Not anytime soon.

98) Will there be another demon legion?
There are many different legions.
Several more will appear too, but due to it being the most powerful and numerous one now, the Souleater Legion is the one you will see the most.

99) Just like in Warcraft lore do Demons in Arkain have to be killed in they're own realm (aka the Void) to permanently die?
The Void is not the realm of the Demons.
The Void is the unnatural border (a literal rift leading into nothing but emptiness) to the realm of the Demons.
And no, you don't have to kill them there to kill them permanently.
They are an actual race (or group of races, if you want to put it that way) that is extremely powerful and has a high reproductive rate with gigantic population.
They aren't summoned into the world of Arkain, they LIVE ON Arkain - behind the Void.

100) Is the Dark Entity also manipulating the Demons?
Yes, it is.

101) Which demon is stronger in Arkain: Pit Lord, Demonlord or Dreadlord?
The Dreadlord is the most powerful – keep in mind that this doesn't refer to physical strength.
Then comes the Pitlord, then the Demonlord.

102) Who is the leader of the Demon Legions?
The Legions have had no single master since the death of the Demon God.
Every legion is being led by its most powerful dreadlord.
Kersidar is the leader of the Souleater Legion, Ornasion used to be the leader of the Blooddrinker Legion and Erganoth is the leader of the Darkblade Legion.
There are far more legions and leaders, ofc.
In the Demons' eternal struggle for power, the Blooddrinker Legion managed to become the most powerful legion by sheer force, led by Ornasion. The Souleater Legion was close behind, however it didn't want to risk a war with the Blooddrinker Legion and therefore accepted them as the leaders of the invasion force.
Now that Ornasion has been defeated, Kersidar and his Souleater Legion are in charge.

103) Are all Demon Legions allies?
Not really.
The most powerful legion will always try to take control of the less powerful ones.
"Most powerful" doesn't just mean the number of soldiers, however.
Every high-ranking demon acts as a politican of high standing for his legion. He or she has a high number of different assets at his or her disposal to increase his power and the power of his legion. The Demons are not as united as they seem, sometimes a demon would weaken his own legion's interests to accomplish his own goals.
However, there is one goal, one ultimate goal, that all Demons, no matter the rank, no matter the alignment, no matter the personal interests, share: The survival of their race and their independence.

104) Are the murlocs and nagas in this story the same race? You know since when you click on a naga in the Second Human Book it calls them a murloc.
There are no naga in Arkain. The creature you have seen was a Murloc Mammoth.

105) What comes after the Second Human Book?
For some time, it was planned to make the Second Undead Book afterwards.
However, after some consideration, we decided to return to the original order:
Humans--->Orcs--->Undead

106) Will you add a anti-demon type unit?
I am sure there are some units that can be considered anti-demon, but apart from that, no.

107) Can we have a Gardon face reveal?
If someone can draw a fitting face for him, maybe.
*I* can't.

108) What can we expect from the spin-off campaigns? What will they be about?
You can expect many stories taking place in the Arkain universe.
These stories will mostly take place in the time after the Second Books, but there are also considerations to do at least one taking place before even the First Books.
That is not certain as of yet, however.
For stories taking place after the Second Books, well, I already have lots of ideas!

109) When will you feature the Kingdom of Salria to make it full circle?
When the time is right.

110) Will those Ares knights and Bloodfist units we saw in Chapter Five of the Second Human Book be trainable - or the Pride of Humanity unit?
Absolutely not, they're AI units.
They're just elite versions of units you already have.
Ares Knights are the elite version of Knights.
Bloodfists are the elite version of Elites.
Pride of Humanity is the elite version of Destructors.
And so on, there are more elite versions of known units - just take a look at the Red Guard in Chapter Seven of the Second Human Book.

111) Will we meet Aedale's other siblings?
At least one more.

112) Is there going to be voiceover at some point?
Maybe in the very very distant future.
Not very likely, still.

113) Is there is any part of the story you would rework and do you have plans to rework?
I want to and WILL rework certain parts of the First Orc Book.

114) Will we see another behind the scenes of Arkain cinematic?
After all Second Books are completed, yes.

115) Is there going to be a Murloc Book?
I will reply this question with a question of my own:
Are there Night Elves in Arkain?

116) What is your goal creating the Legends of Arkain? What do you expect and want to achieve?
My goal is to create a campaign series with a great storyline and gameplay and enjoy doing it as long as it lasts. I also hope that people keep enjoying it.
Apart form that, I have no goals, expectations or hopes for achievements. I have no illusions about this being a step to creating my own game out of it or anything – I don't even want that, this is a hobby, it shall stay a hobby.

117) Will you keep it going for fan service once the initial plan is done?
After the Second Books are done, there will be the spinoff campaigns. We have a lot of ideas there.
However, I keep no illusions. One day, it will be over. It will probably take a very long time, but we are going to reach that point. When we do, I hope to be able to look on a great creation I enjoyed to create.

118) Do you imagine the Legends of Arkain as a standalone game?
Sometimes, but I don't see it happen.

119) Will you add choices to the spinoff campaigns?
It didn't take me long to decide about this.
The answer is: Probably not.
I like the choice system, but it makes too much time and effort to be worth being applied to smaller campaigns.

120) Will you do another stream how you play the campaign or show how you make a map?
Very unlikely. I have little time and interest to do another stream.

121) Is the capital of Gardon's kingdom going to be used in a future mission?
I cannot make a statement about the spinoffs, but it won't be used in any of the Second Books anymore.

122)After you finish the one million things you planned will you do a Arkain altered melee map with all 3 races?
Maybe.

123) Will the Demons get more attention? Do you have plans about making a Demon Book?
I intend to do demon campaigns in the future, yes.

124) Do you plan to make a real official Arkain wiki once you are done with the main story of all books?
I intend to create something for Arkain at some point, yes.

125) Is there any chance for Illidian (the model) to show up in the world of Arkain?
Using a non-night-elven-skin, it is at least not completely impossible to happen. No plans for that yet, though.
Keep in mind that there are no Night Elves in the world of Arkain. :-]

126) What was the motivation for you to make Legends of Arkain? I can see that you took a lot of inspiration from Warhammer and Warcraft, is there something else that motivated you?
Motivation
Ironically, WarCraft took quite a lot inspiration from Warhammer, even to a point where some people say Blizzard stole much, but that is neither the place to discuss this nor do I want to.
Well, the motivation was pretty simple. I had already created around 80 campaigns for WarCraft 3 in my younger years. Most of these were parts of a series, I think it was about...I cannot remember how many, maybe ten series?
Anyway, none of them were released, the maps never had a quality that would make them worth releasing - today, all of them are lost anyway. I didn't intend to release any of them either since they were made for me and some friends to play, not to be published. One day, however, I wanted to create a campaign series that I would upload, a campaign series with quality high enough to be approved in the Map Section. That was in 2012. Sadly, my computer got broken and I considered the files lost. I didn't want to start from anew, lost motivation and focused on other things instead. In 2014, I recovered the files and started the Arkain thread (Btw, on Friday, the 11th of August was the 3rd anniversary of the thread).

Inspiration
A question I have been asked a lot in the past already. There is no real inspiration for Arkain.
When I first started Arkain, I didn't know ANYTHING about Warhammer Fantasy, only a small bit about Warhammer 40k. I never really grew to like most of the WarCraft lore that came with WarCraft 3 and afterwards - especially most things related to the Orcs. And let us not even get started about the things WoW changed.
I was, however, a Fantasy fan. For the "base" I took some ideas from, believe it or not, Lord of the Rings.
I didn't take too much from it, though, I think mostly just the East VS West theme. The rest came from my own mind.
However, I had read the Ulldart series (a fantasy series with an intriguing story, sadly only available in german), which had a pretty dark story with much intrigue and plotting, both war and political games.
I liked it, but I often encountered situations where I was like "I would have done that a different way".
I didn't take anything from that series, but I think you could say it inspired me to create my own fantasy universe, along with other factors.
In addition, I have already created my "own" universes in the past (the other series I mentioned above), so I had "some" experience on that.

127) How do you feel about your accomplishments? Do you still have second thoughts?
I wouldn't say second thoughts, but I feel that too much time has been wasted with the shutdowns the project had suffered in the past. I freaking hate wasting time.
I am also not too satisfied with the First Orc Book at this point, but I intend to change that at least a bit.

128) What are your main concerns about the project? Is there something you don't like about it?
It takes too damn long to finish stuff and I cannot do anything about it.
Believe me, it annoys me at least as much as the rest of you – actually even more.

129) What was the special mission mentioned in his character bio that made Merlon stay silent and never criticize Gardon again?
I assume that the actual question here is: What made Merlon stay silent and never critisize Gardon again?
Answer: He got his Amulet of Discipline on that mission.

Shar Dundred

Hosted Project: LoA
Level 44
Arkain Question Time 6th October 2020

1) How exactly did the Dark Elven Driders came to be? And do we really want to know it?
Well, if a spider and a Dark Elf REALLY like each other....
No, it is actually some sort of "reward" (ugly, I know) and a magical process.

2) Who is responsible for the Cave Orcs' survival and them eventually worshipping Aridon?
As hard as it might be to believe, that would be the Cave Orcs themselves.

3) Did any of Bhaarizel's original shadowy creatures survive after Zindrach's death?
To Bhaarizel's regret, none of them survived the events of the War of the Four.

4) How big is the Human Empire in terms of land and population compared to Zyainor and the land of the Demons?
Imagine this:
Take Zyainor and add Kerrel and Salria to it. Then add Glacius, the southern wastes and the realm of the Demons.
That's about it. And then there is the colonies but let's not get too deep into that, eh?

5) Are the other Tribal Dominion races immune to manipulation like the Orcs?
Interestingly, nobody has really tried to manipulate (most of) them due to their low relevance in the past. However, unlike the Orcs, they are not immune to manipulation. Keep in mind however, that their decision making is now connected to the Orcs - and a certain someone has an interest in trying to have the other members of the Tribal Dominion adapt the resistance of the Orcs.

6) How badly did the war with the Undead post-SOB affect the Tribal Dominion? Did it take them long to recover?
Believe it or not, this event is being moved forward in time and will take place during the True Story.
The reason why it was originally taking place later when I wrote the timeline was mostly to showcase the "new face" of the Orcs with their disciplined ranks.

7) Are the characters spells in game canon to their spells in lore?
I want to say "Yes and No" here. Balance and other things have to be kept in mind for ingame spells (and game limitations). At the same time, spells are also included because of the lore, like Gardon summoning Zed, Rahandir dropping ice meteors on your head or Amari using exclusively shadow spells.
The polar opposite here is Grofzag summoning warriors out of thin air. Yes, you could argue that he is calling for reinforcements instead and to make that "loreful" I could have the units spawn on the map entrance to move all the way to his position, but that would be pretty annoying from a gameplay perspective.
TLDR: Yes but not 100%. :p

8) According to the post second books world map, a big chunk of the fields of despair aren't under the control of Zyainor. What prevents them from taking it?
If you ask Zyainor, this land completely belongs to them but they have no way of using it in any effective way due to it being damaged beyond repair. It serves as a buffer zone between the lands of the Demons and the Humans - it had served this purpose before but well, Isalmur fell and that created a new border situation back in the day.

9) Is the entire land of the Demons as bad (in terms of usable land for anything) as what the "Guardian of the North" short story portrays?
Their land is pretty much screwed up and the amount of usable land is rather... limited. The death of their god devastated their lands. Wonder whose fault that was.
It is one of the reasons why the Demons continue to push into the lands around them. They may be immortal and bound to their lands by heritage and history but that does not change the fact that their lands are... difficult to live in. It is at the same time a natural defense against invaders, however.

10) Was the Void artificially created by a powerful being to separate the Demons from the other races or was it always a part of Arkain?
It was created purposefully during the First Void War by using a Demon Eye.

11) Can Brian and/or The Dark One reverse the spell Aridon used to permanently seal the Dead Mountain?
Theoretically they would both be able to do that, yes. But they'd have to face the consequences of poking into that and unless they were ready for that, it would be a foolish thing to do. Especially since Aridon has gone pretty much completely passive after the Second Void War ended. Largoth is a continent away and Brian has some races to look after.

12) Excluding the sentimental value to the Demons, what is the importance and purpose of the Seat of the Demon God?
In the days of the Four, this was not just his seat but also the center of his realm (before it was turned into what it is now). There are Demons who are looking for a way to bring him back - and they want him to have his home back.

13) Who was the Arkainian whose blood Renald van Durce found?
Whoever it is, its blood keeps refilling the grail.

14) Do Arkainians have greater affinty with light magic and are the resons for van durce and his close circle stronger light powers?
The Arkainians had a superior affinity with all kinds of magic and martial arts due to being the handcrafted (supposedly perfect) creations of the gods.

15) Did Thanok decide to rule Lor out of all the kingdoms because its the closest kingdom to the court at Pyrru and would allow him influence Gardon and his children better while also serving as safe area to make the new dragons nest?
It was Gardon's choice to give Thanok Lor. The Kingdoms of Pyrru and Toran kind of merged during his rule, with Pyrru being the place where his fortress stands while Toran holds the capital city of New Zyainor.

16) Is there any form of central government in the Hot Sands? it seems to be implied there are people living there in Guardian of the North?
There is no central government down there, no.

17) There is little amount of info on the Hot Sands and the Cold North despite both being close to waters. Did the Kingdoms and Orcs avoid exploring that area because of the Demons being so close to it?
Old Zyainor did explore the Cold North a bit but that did not go very well. The Kingdoms did not try it at all, they were too occupied with fighting all kinds of enemies (including each other). The Orcs on the other hand did not really see a reason to go there since there was no village to raid that they knew of.

18) Are there any planets aside from a moon near the world of Arkain and if so do they have any magical proprties or has something to do with one of the magic types?
Any other planets do not really have any importance.

19) Where do summoned creatures come from?
They are beings made out of magic.

20) Which races populate Rodan?
Apart from the Humans?

21) Apart from Arkain, the Orc home continent and Rodan are there other continents?
Yes.

22) Why haven't the Demons tried to construct a second Gate of Hell like fortress?
Because there was only one gap in the Void to built it on. Also they would never have expected the mortals to actually manage to successfully attack and take it.

23) What is the continent the Human Empire located on called?
The continent is called "Rodan", the Empire is called "Empire of Rodan".

24) What would have happened if Genethas had not betrayed the Empire?
The Demons would have lost much more in the First Voidwar. They probably would not have been wiped out by the mortals, but they would be in a much worse state today than they are now.

25) Excluding their losses to the Tribal Dominion, how many times have the Undead actually been defeated and had their original plans ruined because of it?
Aridon is quite irritated by these losses, it is quite the new feeling for him. Then again, the Undead had not "directly" intervened since the days of the Four.

26) Why hasn't Gardon tried to retake the Gate of Hell? Does he fear his forces won't be enough, that the Emperor may begin his invasion at any moment or that the undead will sabotage him again?
This is also one of the things that the True Story will reveal but among other reasons it was that the Demons of the other legions were all too eager to take control of the gate after the Souleater Legion had lost control over it.

27) After the defeat of the Blooddrinker and Souleater legion, which is the strongest demonic legion in terms of influence and power?
The defeats of these two legions created a power vacuum in the political structure of the Demons, leaving many evenly matched legions at each other's throat.

28) Who is the demonic Guardian of the South? Will we get a short story about him in the near future?
I haven't really written much for him yet to be honest.

29) Why are the demons reinforcing their border with the Hot Sands?
They are preparing for something coming out of the desert.

30) Who was the "soulless abomination" Zairmak was referring to in chapter 7 in the FOB?
Oh right I did not remove that when I removed the uncanonical Vanessa lines... Yeah, should have been deleted years ago.

31) Was it Brian who sent the shades to talk with the Dark One at the end of the First Books and if so why would he do this since both were hostile? Is it something that would be answered in the True Story?
The shades were from Aridon. In the First Human and First Orc Books, Largoth's betrayal would originally have been slightly (only slightly) delayed. This scene will not be in the True Story anymore.

32) Vanessa found Gardon's powers and ambition to be of great interest to her, yet we barely saw her commenting on either in the Second Orc Book even when Amari had similar power. Did Vanessa abandon her awakened ambition and interest in shadow magic?
This was removed from the First Books quite a while ago due to being part of a no longer canon plot.

33) What were the planned missions for SUB that you scrapped?
Some of the missions are going to be added in the True Story so I am not going to give you a complete answer on that to avoid spoilers there but I will say that some missions would have been with Vanessa attacking her former family along with other Undead.

34) Who is telling the truth, Aridon or Tregakh? Or are they both partially right?

Truth is subjective, my friend.

35) Did Daric's mercenaries join Gardon or Zora?
Neither of them. More on that in the True Story. :)

36) Who cleaned the Gnoll temple as stated by Ornasion in the Epilogue of the SOB?
The servants of Tregakh. If you ask about the "why" or "how", you'll have to wait for the True Story to tell you I am afraid. :)

37) What is this ghost spell that Sir Praxeus has? As far as I understand its what Gardon could be, if he followed the light's path?
It is what Praxeus imagines Gardon would have become if he had not followed Brian. Whether or not that would have been good or not is a completely different matter. Praxeus and Gardon are probably not going to agree on that one...

38) How much of Aedale remains in Lisara after the latter absorbed her?
If Lisara took over? Only a tiny bit.

39) If she tried, how successful would Ebira have been in seducing Gardon before the Gates of Hell battle?
About as successful as Rangul was in invading the Kingdoms. Meaning it would not have ended well for her.

40) Why didn't Aridon try to turn Kersidar into an undead like he did Ornassion? Did it have something to do with Ornassion heavily disapproving of it and/or Brian really wanting Kersidar's shadow?
Aridon was simply not interested in Kersidar. I will say that he has by no means discarded the idea of undead dreadlords, however. ;)

41) Did Gardon make any plans about what he was going to do with the lands of the Demons if he did conquer them?
Gardon had no interest in conquering the Demons - he wanted to eradicate their kind for good. Their lands held no value to him, he only would have set up garrisons to watch the area and slay any Demon that might have survived somehow.

42) Is the cannon canon?
Why would the cannon not be canon?

43) What were your plans for undead Vanessa in the SUB? Was she going to play a major role in the story and the undead invasion of Salria?
She would have been the protagonist of the Salria attacks of the SUB, fighting Salrians, Moghtar and Dominion forces alike. In one of the planned endings, she would have slain Grofzag (among others).

44) What is the backstory of the 3 liches who appeared in the beginning of chapter 12, SHB? And what was the "ascension" they were talking about?
They will get more screentime in the True Story, it will also be explained who or rather what they were. I will say this much: They are no reanimated mages but a creation of Aridon.

45) What difference would it have made if Aridon directly intervened in Salria during the SOB? Would the Undead have destroyed the Orcs and their allies?
Imagine Aridon, Krom, Rahandir, undead Ornasion and the entire might of the undead Nexus marching into Salria. It was not in Aridon's interest sending his entire forces down there for obvious reasons but I think the Dominion would have had "some problems" to say the least.
That's not to say that sending the Bonelords wasn't already a dangerous situation for the allied races to begin with...

46) How much damage did Toraes cause in the lands of the demons?
Not much. He was cut off and alone.

47) What was Margazar doing during the Second Books?
He was not inactive and would have been a playable hero in the Second Undead Book originally but the True Story will shed some more light on this.

48) Will we see more of Orie Redfist in the True Story?
Orie will remain a minor character in the True Story.

49) Will we see the Mindflayer Legion in action in the True Story?
The Mindflayer Legion has no interest in the invasion and I don't plan to have a mission actually take place in the realm of the Demons in the True Story.

50) Will we play as anyone other than Humans, Elves, Dwarves Dominion or Undead in the True Story?
I currently have no plans of adding RTS missions with other any race in the True Story.

51) Will more lore about the Orcs and Mogthar be revealed in the True Story?
After having teased it so much in the past years, it would be kind of evil if not, don't you think? ( :

52) We've got an Arkain timeline thread and short stories which take place after the end of the Second Void War. Should we expect the True Story to follow those or be sort of a set up for them?
The timeline is pretty outdated. I am not saying it is wrong or that I am retconning it, I am just saying be a bit careful with referencing it until I have updated it.
The short stories are taking place both during and after the Second Void War. I am not going to add out of place references or anything to set them up but the short stories are all of course all canon.

53) Will the Forgotten get more apperances or lore in the True Story or the Tales of Arkain, or are they fully dead?
They will get more screentime but don't expect them to be too vital lorewise.

54) Will we be able to play as the extended human roster in True Story?
Yes.

55) Will Vanessa have her family drama expanded upon in the True Story?
In the True Story it will be "somewhat" extended but I do not plan to add new maps dedicated to this drama. There will be time for that in the future I am sure.

56) Will choosing one human regiment over another in the true story influence the story?
I have been considering that but I am not too sure about this yet. I will currently stick with "no" for the first demo builds but this may change during development.

57) Would we get more information about Zairmak past in the True Story?
Maybe.

58) Will the True Story reveal what caused the Orcs to leave their continent of origin?
I am going to get a lot of shit for this, but that is currently not on the agenda for the True Story. :p

59) How does Kersidar know about Largoth? Will this be revealed in the True Story?
I intend to reveal more about that in the True Story, yes.

60) Do you have plans to change either the unit balancing or the challenges faced so that one specific combo doesn't obsolete everything else?
I am rebalancing units and challenges, yes, but I am still pretty sure that people will always find a way to min-max sooner or later.

61) Will characters present in both first and second books inherit skills and stats between the two periods in the True Story?
I am actually not 100% sure about this yet. On one hand, I would like them to keep experience, skills and stats but at the same time that would mean that we are going to end up with people playing like half of the campaign with level 10 heroes against level 10 heroes as I am not going to increase the max level for heroes.
I am not absolutely sure yet.

62) Will you make the Terror ship less powerful than an atomic bomb?
I mean I am pretty sure an atomic bomb has a more lasting impact than the Terror but... Why would I want to make it weaker? :p

63) In my experience, the Ironfist units were rather underwhelming. Active healing is mandatory in any good army composition, and it makes passive healing obsolete outside of fights, while during fights it's not enough to compensate lower stats across the board. Will you rebalance them to feel more like above-average human units?
They are going to get a new tech that will highlight the theme of them not only regenerating their health faster but also being more "durable" overall due to higher hit points.
I will also continue to further tweak tech trees overall, not just Ironfist, as development continues.

64) What is the relationship between Keera and Rahandir considering that the former was killed by the latter?
Their relationship is quite neutral. Keera laments her own deeds rather than blame the man who killed her. She tried to argue against betraying Rahandir but apart from that, she had not done anything. Rahandir had killed her only because she was unlucky enough to be in the same palace. He is pretty indifferent towards her now.

65) How did "Brian" meet Amari and choose her to be his student?
Believe it or not but the True Story will actually throw some light on that!

66) Is anyone in the Empire aware of their Emperor's true identity?
Only very few of his most loyal servants do know the truth.

67) Has Largoth always been Tregakh or did he become the host to the Dark One?
He has always been Tregakh.

68) What is Logan's fate, did he get reunited with Taran?
The True Story will reveal this.

69) Is the red dragon queen still alive?
The Black Dragons are actually the only dragons that really have queens like that.

70) Are we going to see more about Zindrach?
At some point there will be more related to him, yes.

71) Did Cora really get corrupted to Aridon?
I would not say that he "corrupted" her. She DID seek him out eventually though.

72) Is van Durce's daughter going to Arkain to take revenge on Gardon?
She is going there to "learn the truth". Like some others, in fact.

73) What happens to Lord Margazar and Urshan after the Second Voidwar?
They continue to serve.

74) Are we going to see more of Prince Toraes?
Eventually, yes.

75) Did Merlon have any other relatives?
None that are going to play a major role anytime soon.

76) Is Edoarus going to be playable in True Story?
Yes.

77) Is Selior going to have more screen time?
Yes.

78) So, were his attempts to convince you to give him more screentime actually successful or did he lose his head over it?
He was in over his head.

79) If Salomar still dies, will it be on a cutscene or can we kill him LIVE?
( :

80) Does Krom ever reflect on all that he's lived through? Are you planning on making a short story based on this?
He will have a lot of time to reflect on things after the Second Void War.

81) Will Krom being a former Arkainian play a larger role in the future?
It is part of who he is.

82) Is Thanok's loyalty to Gardon stronger than his loyalty to the black dragon queen?
Thanok's absolutely loyalty belongs to his race AND to Gardon. He is also very loyal towards his queen, but he has a different relationship with Gardon. They have been through a lot together and it is a different kind of respect since they have fought side by side while the queen was someone who trusted him and had kept him close. And it was Gardon who renewed the power of the black dragons. If Thanok was ever in a position where he would have to choose, he would still remain neutral simply because choosing either side would cause a civil war for the black dragons.

83) What is the relationship between Praxeus and Gardon?
They were friends once, believe it or not. They knew each other for a long time before... well. Things happened. Praxeus was also there when Gardon found Zed.

84) What is Cora's current status? Is she Aridon's servant, Brian's new student or an independent renegade?
That's a funny question though I think you wouldn't really understand why until the True Story has been completed - simply because you have no way of knowing why.
Anyway, Cora is with Aridon after the war.

85) Why did Redfist like Orie more than his other daughters?
Because she was more to his liking and she actually stayed with him, even joining his Redfist eventually. Redfist is the best father of Arkain after all, why wouldn't she want to be close to him?!

86) What does Gardon look like without his helmet?
Judging by Larine's behaviour, I'd guess she likes what she sees. Either that or that is one hell of a ring.

87) Who's Gardon Bloodclaw's mom?
I dread just to think about it.

88) Any chance we won't see the Fleshtearer ever again?
Why would you not want to see this adoreable... Uhm... This great... Uhm...
Yeah. Tough luck.

89) When did you decide to kill Blen Greymoore and why?
VERY early, to be honest. I know people still miss him and I can understand why people disagree with me killing him or the way I killed him but quite frankly, he was never a very rich character. He was kept "grey" (no pun intended) to avoid influencing player choice when confronted with it. His death actually made him a tragic character to be missed.

90) Would van Durce be successful in his fight against the Emperor?
No, he would have died and he knew it but he wanted to at the very least die trying rather than stay alive and do nothing. If nothing else, he wanted to redeem himself this way.

91) Will we see more of the other Redfist sisters?
Eventually.

92) Will the Guardian of the North play a role in future short stories?
I have not introduced him in his own short story only to give some Demon Slave exposition - though that was also a reason. He will have a role to play eventually. Not during the Second Void War though obviously.

93) Who is the powerful imperial knight that showed up in the Dominion?
Boranel Aspurex. :)
If you ask me who he is... Well. Who knows?

94) Will Boranel Aspurex make it to the game?
Yes.

95) Do you plan on giving character X or Y a unique model at some point?
Same of the characters I have been asked this have already received a unique model or always had one. I have the ones that don't have one on screen and am still looking for models/skins.

96) I think you should use model Z for character X!
I appreciate suggestions but please keep in mind that I am spending quite some time looking for models and skins. I have a lot of stuff in reserve to be used for something else in the future or resources that I simply do not want to use because I do not think they fit in, i. e. ported models or models that would only stand out for other reasons.
I am not saying that you should not send me suggestions, I am all for further improving Arkain, I am just saying that it is very likely that I have already seen resources on Hive and want to use them for something else than you think they should be used for so don't be disappointed when I do not follow your suggestion. :)

97) Will Ephrog be playable at some point
Same as Thanok.

98) Who's your favorite character from each major faction?
That's still a difficult question to answer since I like many characters.
Gardon, Rahandir, Aridon, Krom, Brian, Amari, Grofzag, Vail, Zairmak, Ornasion, many others.
I like every character who turns out to be exactly what I want the character to be.

99) Can Sasrogarn please survive? At least with the right choices? He could grow into a better character!
His story will be tweaked but don't get your hopes up.

100) What was Birram doing before becoming Gardon's advisor?
He was already researching dark arts along with ancient secrets and tales.

101) Are Erganoth's assassination skills on par with Krom's?
Erganoth is very skilled but Krom is one of or even THE best. He had more time to polish his skills. Erganoth also has to deal with leading a legion and politics while Krom could completely focus on what he does best.

102) In terms of power, where does Vermon rank among the other high-ranking demons?
Being the leader of a legion, he is considered to be on the same level as Ornasion, Erganoth or Kersidar. It is hard to tell however since he does not really show himself to anybody.

103) Does Ebira have aspirations of becoming a leader of a Demonic Legion?
Her goals are more... complicated than that. She would not refuse to utilize a legion or two to accomplish her actual goal however.

104) Would Aridon have been able to kill the Demon God if he fought him 1 on 1?
The thing with the Four was that they were all equal in power, so if only two of them fought without the others participating, it would result in a stalemate which would only damage the world until the others intervened or the world simply was destroyed.

105) Also another question which one of the gods (Aridon,Largoth,Brian and the demon god) would win in a fist fight or a arm wrestling match?
We just had a question about what 1v1- Oh, physical arm wrestling without using the powers that would tear the entire world apart if nobody intervened? Probably the Demon God.

106) Have you finally managed to convince Sasrogarn that his Lightning Shield ability cannot be removed because it's a core part of his character?
I have not really tried. Who cares what he thinks anyway? Come on, it's SASROGARN!

107) Why did Brian take apprentices? To take down the Dark One?
It is a bit more complicated than that, but in a nutshell you could say he did this to fight Tregakh.

108) Is Bhaarizel's human host Brian one of the former emperors' brothers or otherwise related to the Emperor's bloodline?
Not at all, no.

109) Is Vermon the Demon God or a shard of it?
No. Also the Dark One is the only one who has been torn apart into shards (by the Demon God).

110) What is the name of the Demon God?
Zindrach.

111) Is Emperor Theodor the Second a shard of the Dark One or the Dark One possessed and/or killed and took his place on the throne?
Tregakh took his place.

112) Why did Tregakh appoint Aedale/Lisara empress? Both are somewhat unstable.
He did not appoint them empress. He stayed on his throne and is still playing golf in his spare time.

113) What did Lord Marin do after the Second Void War?
One day you will know.

114) How did Marin become van Durce friend?
They fought together.

115) Is anyone trying to rebuild Marin's cannon or something that take inspertion from it?
Nobody but Marin would be successful. It could, well, be an explosive experience. So, no.

116) What did Rahandir turn poor Saint Loraine into and did she keep her light power afterwards and managed to resisit having her spirit "broken" by him and still try to give him hope or solace even after all he did?
Time will tell. If you expect some sort of romance among the dead, however, you will be disappointed.

117) Rahandir said Saint Loraine and the Golden Guard served a power beyond her understanding. What did he mean by that? The Dark One? Was van Durce hiding something? Or is it even related to the dead gods?
He was refering to the Dark One.

118) Is the Flesthearer the leader of Ardoz Nexus?
It does not have the brains to be a leader.

119) Is the Fleshtearer still active when Aridon goes passive?
The Fleshtearer is still around.

120) Is Soryena the second in command of the Dark Elves?
She has been made the head of her family, but she is definitely interested in making herself more important to Pentiss.

121) Is Krogar the leader of the remnants of the Moghtar?
Yes.

122) Are Renova's twins being mind controlled by the Undead?
No.

123) Is Mirazeyl just a stronger drider or will she have some importance?
She is an "ascendant". More on that later. I will just say that she is not unimportant.

124) What did Edoarus do with the king of Rengar and his family after capturing them?
I am pretty sure he did not play cards with them.

125) Does Brian really think of Gardon and Amari as just "underlings"? Or is that just how Aridon sees it from his point of view?
Aridon expects no "good will" from his siblings - I mean, if you look at a certain golf player in Rodan, you can understand why - so he does not think that Brian sees them as more than underlings and tools. I think it is fair to say however that Brian cares for his apprentices - and he also considers them as apprentices rather than underlings.

126) Does Brian have more students that we don't know about?
The Shadow Master works in mysterious ways.

127) What is each characters favorite food?
They don't get to choose, they eat what they are being served on set.
Apparently Praxeus lately got into leaf cake though. Then again, I feel like that is due to "other reasons".

128) What does the Master of Shadows' true form look like when he isn't possessing Brian?
He is not "possessing" Brian like a ghost possesses a mortal body. They have become one. This is his new true form, he has no other form.

129) What about Largoth's true form? What does his true form look like?
That trickster has a true form?

130) Couldn't Aridon bring back lord Veringar or something or did his soul just disappear?
Largoth pretty much destroyed all of Veringar to slow down any pursuit, so that there was nothing left to be reanimated.

131) Who is stronger: Blen, Gardon, van Durce or Volarian?
Volarian.

132) How do they compare to Dreadlord and Margazar?
I pity the poor demon who has to fight Volarian. Like seriously, he is getting burned both verbally AND physically.

133) Who is the strongest hero of the Tribal Dominion: Amari, Brockta or Grofzag? Or someone else?
Physically, Brockta is definitely the strongest.
Magicwise, I would say that Zairmak has the edge over the rest.
At the same time, however, I wouldn't underestimate Amari or Grofzag or anyone else.

134) Which mortal can defeat Rahandir or Krom in a 1v1? Volarian?
There are several setups which would be quite interesting to be witnessed. Also, mortals have shown time and again that they are capable of defeating those who are supposedly more powerful than them.

135) Can Margazar or Edoarus kill Brockta in a 1v1?
In a battle without magic and only raw muscle power, probably not, but neither of them would fight that guy without magic. Can't blame them, he is the size of a house.

136) Can Krom or Volarian kill Aedale in a 1v1 after she consumed the Demon Eye?
It would be an interesting battle.

137) Can Veringar kill Gardon in a 1v1?
Veringar? First Book-Veringar? No.

138) Can Ebira take Gardon alive and bring him to the Demon realm?
I would not try it if I were her. That's like inviting a wolf into your home.

139) Where are Volarian power from? I don't believe his power just originate from rage.
Never underestimate the anger and rage of Duke Volarian Fucking Redfist.

140) Do Gardon and Amari know Brian's true name and origin?
Unlike Gardon, Amari is Brian's servant and therefore knows more than him. Neither of them know all his secrets or are using his true name though (then again, Amari only really refers to him as "master" anyway).
At the same time, even Brian does not really see himself as "just" Bhaarizel anymore ever since he merged with his mortal host.

141) Was the Empire founded by Tregakh or did he murder the Emperor and took his identity?
Largoth has replaced the current Emperor, he had nothing to do with the founding of the Empire though I will say that this is an interesting theory.

142) Which faction leads the Cold North tower?
No known faction has a foothold in the Cold North/Glacius.

143) Do the new races of the Tribal Dominion have representatives or are they just being submitted into Amari's empire?
They also have representatives.

144) When will a Night Elf Book be released? :p
Never.

145) Aridon went into Seclusion, Who is the new leader of the undead for the time being?
Aridon is still the leader of the Undead. He is just a very absent leader post-Second Void War.

146) Despite Fire and Lightining Orders, are there any other mage orders in arkain?
Each of the Kingdoms has one of these orders, they just haven't really appeared yet though I have tweaked this a bit with some of the recent Second Book patches (Pyrru i. e.).

147) Did the Ejara Nexus enslave more races than the Nerubians?
Yes but Nerubians are the most popular. For now...

148) Why are the Kasrkin and Ironfist so conventionally different (like naming convention for example) than the other imperial regiments - and based on obviously implied answer, do you plan to retcon those factions a bit now that youve decided on more consistent imperial regiments?
First of: The Kasrkin are getting renamed. It was a reference to @Kasrkin rather than the Warhammer faction but of course people who are not following the project have no way of knowing that and will think it is a Warhammer reference when it isn't directly one. Also yeah, the name always stood out a bit so @Kasrkin and I have decided to change it. He never actively wanted me to name anything after him anyway, I did it to honor his contributions but I think we are past this. Also, there is still officers that can be named later down the line, eh Kas? ( :
The Ironfist on the other hand is not a "regular" regiment and therefore has a different name. The same goes for the Redfist or the Golden Guard.

149) What happened to the Golden Guard in the Human Empire after van Durce's death?
They were slaughtered, I am afraid.

150) Can Dwarves be turned undead or are they resistant to necromancy?
I mean, we did not have a named undead dwarf so far but they can be raised just like anyone else in Arkain. You could say that many Undead could have been ANYTHING in life from a lore perspective.

151) We already know about the black dragons and how smart they are but can other dragons do the same things as Black dragons aka be able to change form, speak and stuff like that.
No, the Black Dragons are superior to other dragons regarding these things. The Black Dragons are also the only dragons on Arkain that had a cult dedicated to them.

152) How do Demonic Legions function exactly? Is each legion the equivalent of a country with its own borders among other things?
They are complex political societies, each having their own lands and holdings, working independent from each other. And then there is also their slaves.
I will get deeper into this topic when the Demons get more time to shine as protagonists.

153) Post SOB, what races did the Tribal Dominion manage to ally with?
Murlocs, Pigmen, Sand Dragons...

154) Can demons in Arkain die of old age? If so, what is their average lifespan?
Demons are immortal (as they love reminding others all the time, calling them "mortal" and all), so if they manage to avoid getting killed either in war or politics, then they do not die of old age. But staying alive for long in Demon society is not an easy task. Ask Vermon.

155) Why are Dreadlords chosen over other types of demons as leaders of Legions?
Dreadlords are the most cunning and political skilled beings in Demon society. And killing one of their higher-ups for good is extremely difficult, even for Demons. Demon society is not just about brute strength or magic capabilities. Being masters of intrigues and politics is what made the Dreadlords rise.

156) Is there a current leader of a Demonic Legion who isn't a Dreadlord?
No.

157) Excluding Krom, how many former Arkainians does Aridon have under his command?
Krom and the Bonelords are the last of their kind.

158) What was the Demons' reasoning for attacking the Human Empire? Didn't they realise the Empire was going to retaliate in some way sooner or later?
You can blame their hubris for that, they did not expect to lose that war given the state of the Kingdoms they fought on Arkain.

159) What other races have not seen?
A lot.

160) Does the The Phoenix Regiment has anything to do with the Guardian and Order of the Flames?
No, the Order is from the Kingdoms with some Imperials in it while the Phoenix Regiment is completely Imperial. They are not connected.

161) Do Redfist forces count as Imperial Regiment or are they move independant/noble owned force?
They are no part of the regular army/regiments. Also, I want to meet the Imperial commander who would try to give Redfist and his soldiers orders.

162) Do the Demons have a navy at all?
Their slaves do.

163) Do the Black Dragons knows something about the fate of the Gold and Silver Dragons?
They never even met them.

164) What do the Black Dragons think on the Red and Sand Dragons in their current state? Are their views same as their new cult views on the matter?
They do not really consider them as equals.

165) Are the Rasi of the Zirr Nexus a creation of Aridon or some undead protorace?
They are a creation of Aridon.

166) Which is the origin of the vermin, the race that fights the dwarves?
Not every race gets a chance to be in the light, others are born in the dark.

167) Did any soldier of the Redfist survive?
They did not all die.

168) Have the Demons infiltrated the Orcs ranks?
No.

169) Did Gardon officially control all the Kingdoms except Salria and the Dwarven Realms?
There's still Kerrel and Rengar.

170) The nether dragons have some sort of sovereign? Like a queen or king? Or they are just wild animals?
They are just beasts of war.

171) Since the Cave Orcs survived below death mountain, did other races entered by mistake and survived?
No, but there were creatures living down there like the spiders and sludge creatures.

172) Can ogres and orc interbreed to create a race like the Mok'nathal from Warcraft (since I believe you never used the Rexxar model for a character even a throwaway one)?
I am not adding Mok'nathal to Arkain.

173) What have the remains of the Kasrkin and Redfist been doing since the end of the Second Void War?
Both will be revealed in time, though for the latter the True Story will have some more screentime for what happened after their defeat.

174) What convinced the Moghtar to temporarily work for the Demons during the Second Books?
They worked for Lisara and the Dark One, not the Demons.

175) Do gladiatorial arenas exist in the Human Kingdoms or is gladiatorial combat outlawed?
There are no gladiator arenas in the Kingdoms (excluding Tribal Dominion-controlled Salria).

176) How many men were there of Kasrkin (in their heyday)?
They used to be a full regiment before "things happened". Now they are... not as much.

177) Or the Ironfist, Redfist, Golden Guard, Orc Clan and and Demon Legions?
We are not really working that much in numbers, as in "actual numbers of troops". I know that this could add a certain depth but I do not want to risk going too large or too small with numbers.
In the Second Book period, pretty much everyone who served Gardon himself was considered to be part of the Ironfist and therefore they were the most numerous of the bunch, having the size of the armies of two kingdoms.
The Golden Guard and Redfist both had several regiments.
Demon Legions are extremely large in comparison to any of these factions.

178) How are you going to make thing for chapter having different points of view? (thinking of in first books, when Merlon fights Orcs and Largoth kills Veringar etc)
It differs from chapter to chapter. For the legendary sea chapter from the First Books, I am not going to have the same mission three times in a row here, I will pick only one of the three.
On the other hand, the final mission of the First Orc Book and the First Undead Book are using mostly the same map but since they are both quite different gameplaywise, I will keep them both.

179) Judging by your most recent news post, we should expect at least a proto leadership boni for humans. What are your plans for other races?
As I have mentioned in a newspost, I intend to have the other races use a similar mechanic as the Humans instead of building something completely new. The engine has made it quite clear to me that it does not like my experiments and I think the Leadership Boni are a nice mechanic anyway.

180) Are you planning on adding an Earth, Water and Air Lord in Arkain? I bet Progaderas would be very happy to know he's not the only Lord of an element that is constantly dying.
If I didn't know better, I would think this question is from @Kasrkin...
Anyway, the continent of Arkain only houses Progaderas. Any other elemental lords that get repeatedly slain simply because they were unlucky enough to stand in a place that would lead powerful characters their way, would live on other continents. I will say that I had an ice elemental lord model imported at some point.

181) Can we expect Demon Books after the True Story is done?
If you mean a campaign taking place during the Second Void War period on the Demon side, then no.
I plan to create a Demon campaign but not during that time period.

182) Any playable action going on the Demon side of the world, in the sands or wherever except near the gate, with the Demons or against them?
Not in the True Story of Arkain. After that? Sure.

183) Have you considered making a unit sheet (similiar to a character sheet or faction sheet) that describes the units lore and why they exist in that army (for example why ogres have Magi and how they came to be)?
Yes, I have, actually had some lines written a few years back, but I do not see myself doing that anytime soon simply because that's a lot of units.

184) Will you continue Sir Praxeus' story?
The story of the Holy Bastion is not over yet!

185) How many more short stories do you want to write?
No idea. If you had told me that there'd be 34 short stories with 29 written by me when I first started... I wouldn't have believed it as originally they were not supposed to be that many.
I have enough ideas to keep them going but I do not want to write too much still.

186) Do you plan to update the currently made books, i. e. with new models for units and buildings for extra flavor? Or even add the new units and all that you are creating for the True Story?
I intend to completely focus my attention on the True Story rather than the current First and Second Books for the time being. Adding the things I am adding in the True Story to the single campaign would, at this stage, be double the work and, to be honest, I am not interested in spending my time for that. I would prefer putting this time into the True Story to add more flavor there instead.

187) What do you plan to do when you've made your final campaign?
The True Story of Arkain is by no means the final campaign.

188) When will there be an anime version of Arkain?
When the Night Elves appear in Arkain.

189) Are you going to make Arkain available for Reforged?
Once they add custom campaigns I will look into it. I cannot stay on 1.29.2 forever, I am aware it is only a temporary solution. Then again, it depends entirely on Activision Blizzard. I have no doubts that they will add custom campaigns sooner or later, though probably later and I also expect it to be buggy at release. I will probably not move to Reforged graphics though simply due to the lack of Reforged resources that satisfy my current use of custom resources.

190) Is there another major landmass we might see in future campaigns?
Perhaps. ;)

191) Will we ever get a glimpse of/play the cut maps or versions of the stories you had in mind before going with the definitive versions of each book?
Some of them, but not all.

192) Will you make a spread sheet where you explain all the choices (or the less obvious ones on how they impact the story i. e. Blen killing the black dragons)?
Perhaps I am going to do something like that one day.

193) Will there be side campaigns that show events that happened at the same time as the main events seen in the current campaigns or prequels like the first Orc invasion or the crusade of van Durce against the Demons on Rodan?
Spinoff campaigns are still something we have on screen but I cannot really tell you what will happen and what won't at this point.

194) Do you plan to add voice acting at some point?
Unlikely but who knows what the distant future holds? It is not on my priority list to be honest.

195) Will we ever get a map where we play as a orc clan on Grumush before they left or even have a return to Grumush?
MAYBE in the distant future. It's, uhm, not in the best state.

196) With your short stories, you have laid out a lot of what the world of Arkain looks like after the Second Void War. At the same time, many events set in motion in the campaigns have not been resolved - for example, with the Emperor. Can we expect a book or new campaigns about this?
I am by no means done with Arkain yet.

197) Is there any way to support your project/show that we appreciate the effort you put into it?
I've been asked this question for years now and all the time my reply was no because I did not want to offer something like that. I am still conflicted about it, actually, as I am by no means doing this for money. However, after a long time of consideration, I have decided to finally set up a Patreon.
Let me be crystal clear:
I am not saying that I will treat people differently because they donate money but I will of course be thankful for anyone who wants to support Arkain monetarily. However, keep in mind that current times are rough and it is better to keep your money than to hand it over to the capitalist of a tyrant of Arkain.
I am by no means asking for money or saying that I need it. I am just offering a way to support Arkain for those who are able to. Don't bankrupt yourself only to support my creation of maps that make you suffer, that makes no sense!
I do not have any expectations regarding this but if Arkain actually managed to gather some monetary support, I would like to invest it into things like art commission & professional voice acting. If it doesn't, then it doesn't. I am not doing this to earn money, I have a job for that and I quite enjoy it, I am doing this for the people who feel like donating to Arkain - but seriously, these are not the best times and I would prefer it if you kept the money to yourself unless you were ABSOLUTELY sure you can afford it.

198) What do you think of your balance decisions? What has driven/drives you to your gameplay style? As an Arkain veteran, I have to admit, each book gets progressively harder. And its actually a good thing. Surely, some people are upset at spending at least 1.5 hours per mission ( and thats not couting save-loading), but it makes accomplishing them more rewarding. Yet, I'd say, the first books are MUCH easier then the second ones.
If you are asking me if I will make the True Story even harder, then I will say this: No.
I try to make my missions challenging and rewarding but I do not want them to become an unbearing slog. At the same time, I want to give players more fun toys to use in combat (like I did with the Leadership Boni or like I am going to do with the Imperial Regiments) to increase both the fun factor and replayability.

199) How many characters from your older non-released projects have you added to Arkain? Are you planning on adding more?
Ornasion, Marin and Merlon are all based on characters from my non-released projects.
Ornasion is pretty much the same character except that he served an undead master without being undead himself, even turning against his own kind out of loyalty towards this undead. And he had a different name, but they are pretty much the same characterwise so it still counts.
The next is Marin and this one is going to be a bit confusing so bear with me, I can think of no better way to explain it:
Marin is based on a character who was in turn based on yet another character in one of my many unreleased projects. I have about eighty unreleased campaigns, so this kind of stuff tends to happen. The original of the original was an ordinary noble who used magic and science to create new weapons, especially later creating the first army of undead used by the humans (in this universe was no other undead faction but the one he created). He rose through the ranks quite high due to this and even had the character that Ornasion was based at his service. Despite him using dark magic, he was a pretty nice and loyal person and somewhat honorable too. Finally, he ended up dying in battle and being reanimated by his living followers as an undead - in this new state he had lost his mind however and things got ugly until he was put down for good to finally rest in peace.
The character based on him was going COMPLETELY into science and mechanical weapons with the support of some magic, caring little for ANYTHING but his science and having no interest whatsoever in necromancy. I think you can see how he is similar to Marin though he would not have joined van Durce due to not being friends with anyone. He was a bastard, but he was useful and therefore kept around. Well, he also had a massive golem whom he had given actual INTELLIGENCE, a revolutionary thing that he only did for this one golem and a secret he never shared with anybody. This thing would bash anyone who spoke up against him.
Merlon is based on a mercenary turned general from one of my favorite unfinished projects. He had no child or ships but apart from this, they have much in common characterwise.
There is one single minor character that I want to add to Arkain to play a very minor role yet again, but apart from that I have no current plans.

200) What was the Dark One planning to do with the Elves if they had successfully moved to the continent of the Human Empire?
Tregakh was never really interested in the Elves - well, he would have used them to create new servants for himself as he had done prior to the War of the Four. Out of those who would have been moved to the Empire, he only wanted the queen and her children. Keep in mind that the Elves are descendants of the Dark Elves, making them Aridon's creation in some way. Of course, Tregakh's motives went beyond the elven race, he wanted to cause further conflict on the continent.

201) Why doesn't Gardon send a large army to conquer the dead forest? Is it because he doesn't care about it or because Vail and Larine's conflict prevents him to?
He does not really care about it and considers it a waste of resources. He has more than enough other things on his mind.

202) Will you make another Behind the Scenes of Arkain after the True Story is done?
I will say "maybe", but I tend towards "probably not".

203) Is the deployment of the Imperial Regiments either Aridon's handwork because of his visions or the Dark One's answer to Aridon visions - sending them either to make or unmake a vision by adding a new force into the war?
Neither of them has anything to do with that, it is just me wanting to bring variety - and no, I am neither of them. :p

204) Has fan reception ever made you change parts of the story?
Somewhat. In order to put an end to the "Gardon harem" theme some children had back in the day, I decided not to implement a choice that would have allowed both Scarlett AND Cora to stay alive and join Gardon.

205) What is Progaderas really?
Probably the most unfortunate being of Arkain.

206) What kind of magic allows the dragons to make themselves look like humans (like Thanok did)?
Shapeshifting magic. That's its own magic type in this case.

207) Will the "Kasrkin" difficulty ever happen?
It is not off the table but... I don't know. I actually do not know.

208) Can you get best dad Volarian Redfist himself to do a playthrough of the First and Second Orc Book? I'm sure he'll give you plenty of good, yet at first glance harsh criticism.
I am sure a Volarian Redfist Let's Play with someone screaming at you for hours would be quite something to behold.
I am not sure if the world is ready for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.