• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 10
Thank you for the answer. Another thing I noticed is the fact Praxeus' extra item is a Ring of the Exile with the same description as Larine's. is it the normal new item?

Level 9
On Chapter 1 of the new version of Book 2, and Gardon's new item, Old Amulet, doesn't have a value that it increases your stats. It just says "increases the Strength, Agility, and Intelligence of the hero by - when worn"

Level 9
In the Prelude of Book 2, where you make your choices, you click "make new choices" and it doesn't go to the choice screen, I have to exit out of the cinematic to get it to work. Also, the last choice you can make is about Progderas. After you make that choice, it says all choices imported, prologue will start shortly, without me being able to make the Gardon/Genethas choice. I can still make the choice if I'm fast enough, but it's like the game is acknowledging the final choice to be Progderas, not Gardon

Level 22
General
- The ''Legacy of Salomar'' upgrade is misplaced. It should be placed to the right of Holy Smite/Runepriest Training (depending on the chapter)
- Horgar's Lightning rune ability hotkey is written as E, while it's W.
- Vail's leadership boni should be slightly changed to say, ''Increases the hit points of all heroes by 400 and their mana by 200 permanently.''
- The research hotkey for Searing Arrows is X instead of S

Chapter 2

- The hotkey for Wolf rage in this chapter should be X

Chapter 6

- A Farm, Workshop and Sky-Fury Tower are levitating in the Golden Guard base.

Interlude 2

- Is there any particular reason for the death sounds at the beginning?
- If I try to quickly skip over the interlude, it freezes at the Gardon-Larine scene or the screen turns black after the Scarlet Retka choice.
- I can't skip the Larine segment.

Chapter 7

- I think a few lines of dialogue between Saphira and Larine could be added.

Chapter 8

- It's kind of hard to see where Progaderas drops the crown, because of the flames.
- ''I cannot believe it You-- Damn you!'' -> ''I cannot believe it! You-- Damn you!''

Chapter 9

- Pressing Q to send Marin the Lumber doesn't work
- Shouldn't Grofzag say something when fighting against the Golden Guard?

Chapter 11 A

- Marin has no hero glow in the final cutscene

Chapter 13

- On the tooltip for Krogar's ult, you've written Axwthrower instead of Axethrower

Chapter 14 A

- In the map loading screen, you've written existance instead of existence.
- A hint could be added telling the player Salana/Larine can summon a wave of elven forces

Chapter 14 B

- Praxeus' Old Amulet was on the ground. Is this intentional?
- ''outnumbered severly'' -> ''outnumbered severely'' (said by Marin in the final cutscene)

Level 22
In the first human book, chapter 8 A, the fountain of health isn't invulnerable.
In the same book, chapter 9, the first time Rath attacks, the optional quest doesn't trigger. Also, instead of saying ''surprise you elven and dwarven weaklings...'', he says ''feel the wrath of the Darkmind!''

Level 6
first human book, last chapter, Gardon's side

every time ironfist wave spawn ,honor guards always come back to fortress when they are near the entrance of Merlon and Theoden's base

Level 6
After playing last mission of FHB I still can find bug ...

Merlon ,Ironfist and theoden's forces often walk to mid and then change their lines
(The same goes to enemy)

Level 9
With the newest version, are you sure? Because I fixed the issue some time ago.
You fixed it with 1.30.1. This is 1.30.2. I don't know if everybody is having this problem or if it's just me.

Also, I'm only on the first mission so far, but the quest requirements text is really small. I don't know if it's 1.30.2 is causing it, or if it's cause your not using the latest patch settings

Level 22
A few second orc book issues I found while playing the demo:

General

- In the hero ability menu, Amari's 3rd ability, at level 1, is written to reduce armor by 3 instead of 2.
- In the hero ability menu, Oneeye's 2nd ability is written to deal 4 damaged per second, at level 3, instead of 12.
- When I kill a Merciless, his model levitates for a few seconds while pulling his body away from his corpse.

Chapter 1

- the open This is a revolt -> the open! This is a revolt
- Grella said existance instead of existence in one of her sentences.

Interlude 1

- they could a the reason -> they could be the reason
- Commander Daric's name in the entire cutscene is just "Commander".

Last edited:
Level 22
First Undead Book:

Chapter 2

- In one of his sentences, Wrath says existance instead of existence.

Chapter 7

- In one of her sentences, Saphira says Bloodcaw instead of Bloodclaw.

Chapter 8

- The mission's name in the chapter select screen is ''Possessed'', while in the mission's loading screen, it's ''Possession''
- You sometimes have to kill certain units you've possessed from the enemy player yourself. Otherwise, even if both enemy bases are completely destroyed, the main quests won't get completed.

Chapter 9

- The mission's name in the chapter select screen is ''Facing the Enemy'', while in the mission's loading screen, it's ''Bloodbath''
================
First Human Book:

- In chapter 9, the optional quest to destroy the Darkmind clan base doesn't trigger the first time Rath attacks me.
==============
Second Human Book:

- Militia archers don't have death sounds.
==============
Second Orc Book:

General

- The duration of Okri's Barrier isn't written on the ability's tooltip.
- The duration of Amari's shadow corruption isn't written in her hero ability menu.

Chapter 1

- Enemies on easy difficulty in this mission don't have their health or other stats reduced. Only you do.
- Sometimes, the enemy ironfist units, most often the banisher, follow my forces all the way from their base to the fountain.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Okri is supposed to be a Strength hero though, I messed up their main stat and forgot to fix that with the last patch.
The next update will take care of that. :)

@Championfighter25: Thanks for posting the text issues, I will go fix them!
Second Human Book:

- Militia archers don't have death sounds.
That is model-related, sadly. I cannot fix that.

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Okri is supposed to be a Strength hero though, I messed up their main stat and forgot to fix that with the last patch.
The next update will take care of that. :)

@Championfighter25: Thanks for posting the text issues, I will go fix them!

That is model-related, sadly. I cannot fix that.
Wouldnt adding peasant's default death sound would be an easy solution like @renegade suggested?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Theoretically possible, yes, but due to the fact that a unit can also explode upon death or die otherwise,
generating no death animation and therefore normally no death sound, it would require a slightly more complicated trigger than a simple "Unit dies, play sound".
Still doable, of course, but not worth the trouble in my opinion, since it is a rather minor thing.
I may decide to do something like this when I have more time.

Level 5
Chapter 4 - Second Orc Book

Destroying the red base marks its requirement for the quest endlessly

upload_2019-1-22_19-23-19.png

Level 22
Second Orc book

General

- Demolishers have the S instead of R training hotkey.
- Warlord has the R instead of E training hotkey.

Chapter 3

- Kodo beast has the E instead of W training hotkey.
- Warlocks should have the Q instead of w training hotkey in this chapter.
- Necrolytes should have the W instead of E training hotkey in this chapter.
- Probably intentional, but in case it isn't, Rath doesn't have an ultimate.

Chapter 4

- After I destroyed the teal base, the optional quest constantly updated a few times saying it's destroyed.
- After I destroyed both bases, the optional quest was marked as completed, though the part saying I destroyed the red base wasn't.
- They are probably fleeing through it -> They are probably fleeing through it.

Chapter 5
- Zairmak or Grozfag should say something about getting their road blocked.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Chapter 4 - Second Orc Book

Destroying the red base marks its requirement for the quest endlessly

Second Orc book

General
- Demolishers have the S instead of R training hotkey.
- Warlord has the R instead of E training hotkey.

Chapter 3
- Kodo beast has the E instead of W training hotkey.
- Warlocks should have the Q instead of w training hotkey in this chapter.
- Necrolytes should have the W instead of E training hotkey in this chapter.

Chapter 4
- After I destroyed the teal base, the optional quest constantly updated a few times saying it's destroyed.
- After I destroyed both bases, the optional quest was marked as completed, though the part saying I destroyed the red base wasn't.

Chapter 5
- Zairmak or Grozfag should say something about getting their road blocked.
All already fixed with a small hotfix, available in the Downloads thread!
Thanks for letting me know!
I also found a bug that would not save your choice regarding the side quest in Ch. Five so
those of you who have already completed it, may have to play again.

That is intentional, but I added a hint to make it more obvious.

Level 6
found bug in newest chapter of second orc book ( was playing with editor for fun) and at triggers editor i saw something about spiders coming to help you if u didn't kill that brood mother spider.... i picked than i didn't kill her, skipped to that chapter and there wasn't any spiders

edit:i even played all misions again to make sure, still no spiders

Last edited:
Level 22
In the hero ability menu, Oneeye's second ability at level 3 says it reduces attack and movement speed by 20 % instead of 60 %.
Also, in chapter 5 of the SOB, the sludges protecting the fountain of health belong to the Souleater Legion's team.

Level 22
In the SHB, Praxeus' Memory of the past apparition has 1500 HP, while the ability tooltip says it has 1200 HP.
In chapter 6 of the SOB, Harmos' fire shield creates a Fire shield book ability for 30 seconds on the character you cast it on.

Last edited:
Level 29
In the Seventh Chapter of the Second Orc Book, there are some Dwarven units whose models don't appear, merely their shadows.

Level 22
In chapter 8, SOB, I can research an upgrade for shieldbearers, yet none of the 3 bases I control can upgrade their grunts into ones.
Also, Flammedus' centaurs can't learn mechanized warfare or build laboratories, making the shredder and zappers in their barracks pointless units to have.

I tested with 1.30.4 and the model seems to work properly for me. Haven't encounter invisible dwarves.

Also, Grella's Starrain (Q) has it's tooltip says 0 damage.
When you turn Shredder to Warmech, Warmech becomes air in model but it uses stat of the land version
Hammer of Kome tooltip is cut out in the story part at 'af'

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Thanks to everyone for pointing out the bugs!
I have uploaded another hotfix (hopefully the last one!) to fix these issues.
Here is the changelog:
General:
- Shredders are now trained in your Great Hall/Stronghold/Fortress instead of Barracks
- Shredders no longer can transform into Warmechs
- Warmechs are now trainable in the Barracks
- Increased the food cost of Shieldbearers to 5
- Mechanized Warfare and Aggressive Expansion now also require a Laboratory
- Veteran Camps no longer claim to be Spirit Lodges

Chapter Eight:
- Flammedus' Centaurs no longer have any goblin units available (whom they cannot train due to the lack of Mechanized Warfare anyway)
- Flammedus' Centaurs now starts with Burning Oil, Liquid Fire and Centaur Hooves already researched
- Cliffhunter Clan now starts with Mechanized Warfare and Aggressive Expansion already researched
- Cliffhunter Clan now has Cannon Towers instead of Watch Towers
- Cliffhunter Clan now has Pig Farms instead of Burrows
- Deathbreeze Clan now starts with Advanced Spiked Barricades (Sasrogarn could not come up with anything better to make up to the upgrades of his allies)
- The Heavy Armor upgrade is no longer available if you have no access to Shieldbearers
- Added a few units to the player base defenses

LickMyEyeBall

L

LickMyEyeBall

Just finished chapter 8.
Not sure, if this is a bug, but all 3 groups of ours got full rosters of casters available at their spirit lodges.

Edit: Also forgot to add that warmechs are able to transform into flying units even without the upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Duno if it is bug too, but I noticed there was no Axethrower or Dragon Lancer for Map 8, despite the fact the upgrade is there. Flammedus and Deathbreeze Clan are also unable to switch Marauders for Impalers.

Level 22
Don't know if intentional, but warmechs now cost 80 gold and 20 lumber.
In chapter 7, the improved troll regeneration tooltip is misleading. The headhunters already have Berserk without you researching it.
In chapter 8, the Deathbreeze clan's marauders can't switch to impalers, making the impaler shot upgrade they have pointless to research. Same for Flammedus' centaurs.
The centaur hooves upgrade hotkey doesn't have brackets between it.
The cliffhunter clan in chapter 8 can't train clockwork goblins, even though it has the mechanized warfare upgrade researched:
....jpg

Last edited: