• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 2
Sometimes legendary weapon for str heroes doesn't combine, it types "Something is missing", no matter if you have eye and forger (if you need replay, tell me where or how, if it can be maked right here, I can upload it).

Oe-

Oe-

Level 1
Love the game spas, found a pretty big exploit with the storm warden. If you manually cast his orb attack it counts as a spell. So every attack can give a chance to use the 2 glyphs and all items that give effects based on spell casts. He also is incredible with the spell thief.
That being said, any hero with a toggleable skill (particularly the deathstalker since his costs no mana) can spam the toggle button to use the healing glyph. It doesn't seem to work with the lightning one however. I have not tested using the items that give effects based on spellcasts with the toggles but they might work as well.

Deathstalker's hotkey for his toggle spell instead is the hotkey to show how many units he's killed for the trophy.

Another glitch i found is that there are some items that block spells. Using these items you can walk through all traps the normally would instantly kill you. This might be working as intended however there's a particular trap that has a tome of experience in it that teleports you to a pit of spikes. You are stuck there until you use the recall from the resurrection stone.

There's also several spelling errors throughout the game, particularly the part with mannoroth when you save the troll. I don't have the specifics on them but perhaps you could take a look if they concern you.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
Love the game spas, found a pretty big exploit with the storm warden. If you manually cast his orb attack it counts as a spell. So every attack can give a chance to use the 2 glyphs and all items that give effects based on spell casts. He also is incredible with the spell thief.
That being said, any hero with a toggleable skill (particularly the deathstalker since his costs no mana) can spam the toggle button to use the healing glyph. It doesn't seem to work with the lightning one however. I have not tested using the items that give effects based on spellcasts with the toggles but they might work as well.

Thanks for the reports. All of that should be fixed in 1.9.3.

Deathstalker's hotkey for his toggle spell instead is the hotkey to show how many units he's killed for the trophy.

I checked this, and his hotkeys are fine. I've heard reports of hotkey misplacements, yet they were all fine. Usually that's an issue with some keybords in specific countries

Another glitch i found is that there are some items that block spells. Using these items you can walk through all traps the normally would instantly kill you. This might be working as intended however there's a particular trap that has a tome of experience in it that teleports you to a pit of spikes. You are stuck there until you use the recall from the resurrection stone.

This shouldn't be true, since traps deal damage, they don't cast spells. So the Spell Shield shouldn't be doing anything. Or perhaps you are talking about invulnerability?

Oe-

Oe-

Level 1
OK, I was actually mistaken. I thought I remembered having a spell shield of some kind but that is not true. I don't actually know whats causing it. I have a video of the items and heroes I was but I don't think it helps much. Also it should be noted that this last glitch happened it 9.1 and i haven't been tinker or necro in 9.2 to see if it happens.

There also seems to be some strange glitch with a flashing ui that is only occurring on my video recorder and is not actually happening in game. Oh and although I only show this one trap, those 2 heroes are immune to all traps in the game. This includes the instant death trap in the maze section (the white squares) but I still trigger the scarabs and the teleporting ones.

Level 2
1.26a, my friend told me that there is still fatals as it was before in last sunken version

Level 2
Idk, did you fixed it in last update or not, but crimson knight lvl 2 ulti gives same stats as lvl 1
Also, challenge with golem boss (can't remember his name, where you can control 2 small golems) got failed because of golem in treasure room, he just running around and trying to cast something (as I understood, the thing when you trying to out of golem control, coz it did nothing)
Tinker fatal still there, and its the same : skill aura, take some esc stat, take manareg = causes fatal

Last edited:
Level 1
1)Staff of Conjuration description is bugged doesn't display whole of it only until Burning as you will notice in screen shot... :vw_wtf:

2)Got stuck while trying to proceed to ending of the game Karza troll quest i didn't release him and after that i proceeded to Library and killed there everything and walking over the button inside so i can open the gate and then cleared mobs in front of the gate he automatically got bugged and was in front of the gate and i cannot proceed after pushing 2nd button in Library and cannot finish the game , Please fix this bug i lost a lot of progress.... :goblin_boom:

3)Shaman Chain heal spell has old shortcut key displayed [E] instead of [D] new one

4)"For the Horde" Quest gets bugged if orc has nothing to fight or sometimes even after you kill naga warrior Orc does not join your army (unit control is not given or just stands in circle

5) Lokan Warrior Taunting ability Execute sometimes doesn't work and causes mobs to reset agro/go to there camps

6)Selena BE mage Arcane pulse does not work anymore in 2.0.8(worked in 2.0.7)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_091915_194239_01.tga
    4.9 MB · Views: 167
  • WC3ScrnShot_091915_203646_04.tga
    4.9 MB · Views: 131
  • WC3ScrnShot_091915_203621_03.tga
    4.9 MB · Views: 159
  • WC3ScrnShot_091915_203610_02.tga
    4.9 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Level 1
Hello,

Me and my friend have cleared the map a lot of times and we love the new challanges, however one of them seems not to be working.
The one challange where you have to discover all 23 secret areas for us is undoable, because when we enter the last secret area it ignores the fact that we have discovered it.
The area sure looks like a secret, but maybe its not, I don't know. Its located abowe the gold mine dungeon. You have to destroy a rock in order to get into it. It holds a shadow crystal and a gold coin.

Is it really a bug or we are that clumsy that we cant find the real secret area? :D

SpasMaster

Level 23
The area sure looks like a secret, but maybe its not, I don't know. Its located abowe the gold mine dungeon. You have to destroy a rock in order to get into it. It holds a shadow crystal and a gold coin.
I am not sure which area you are speaking about, since there is nothing above the Gold Mine dungeon.

Is it really a bug or we are that clumsy that we cant find the real secret area? :D
I just checked to make sure. All secret areas are accessible.

Level 1
I am not sure which area you are speaking about, since there is nothing above the Gold Mine dungeon.

I just checked to make sure. All secret areas are accessible.

I meant below. Sorry for not having a screenshot, I dont have the save.
Well, we accessed the area, yet the challange did not complete. we had 22/23 secret areas discovered.

If it repeats in the future, I will make screenshots so everything is clear.

Thank You.

Level 15
ESC Stats not working in Single Player

I am unable to access the ESC stats using the ESC key in Single player. It does not matter if I'm on Battle.net, Local Area Network, or Offline. This is for version 2.1.4 and 2.1.3.

The ESC key does work with skipping the first cutscene.

I observed this behavior at the start of a game. After picking my hero, I can't use any of the ESC stats, as the ESC menu will not open.

Please advise.

SpasMaster

Level 23
I am unable to access the ESC stats using the ESC key in Single player. It does not matter if I'm on Battle.net, Local Area Network, or Offline. This is for version 2.1.4 and 2.1.3.

The ESC key does work with skipping the first cutscene.

I observed this behavior at the start of a game. After picking my hero, I can't use any of the ESC stats, as the ESC menu will not open.

Please advise.

Did you take the Captain quest in the start of the game? It enables you to use ESC.

Level 15
Thank you, that worked.

There's another really pressing glitch/bug. It appears that creeps are "hidden" until the player enters their area. However, they can still cast spells, even though they do no damage. The spell that causes a player to teleport to the creep (looks like Siphon Mana) can teleport a player across boundaries/terrain, such that they access areas they should not yet be able to reach.

Furthermore, because the player hasn't accessed the area(s) in the expected way/entrance, none of the creeps attack/spawn. The player is free to plunder all items/secret areas.

The problem area is in the South East corner of the map, where the player is teleported using the Unstable Teleporter to a sunken water pit next to one of the switches for a quest (requires hitting 4 switches). The player is then teleported out of the pit by a creep, and free to explore the area.

On the start of a game on 2.1.5, I could hear a Lightning Element fighting creeps during the cinematic. The sounds did not go away until the host started choosing modes.

There is a way to get past closed doors / gates, at least up to version 2.1.4. A player I was with used this trick quite easily. I can't remember how he did it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpasMaster

Level 23
I will investigate the reported issues.
Please use the
edit.gif
button next time, don't make multiple new posts.

Level 2
Backpack's roll proc abilities like Spell Steal. Also abilities w\o cd and manacost (like dragonborn) and items too (also items proc many like that abilities/glyphs)

Tinker's fatal strikes back (Seems like it breaks if you spawn 2 or more goblins from factory, they should spend mana using their ability and then take point of manareg, no matter which skill you lvlup. Hope this is helpful, my friend love playing this hero)

Rogue's AS is decreasing for unknown reasons (guess it have to do smth with swiftness/poison)

Seems like Dragon Knight's taunt doesn't work (taunt part)

Got fatal just now, nearby king's spirit, party mage/warrior/berserker, warrior died from golems and warlocks, then they start attack berserker, who is attacking them, I pinged on him before he died, and when his aoe ability connected to earth error happen

After loading Mage's Arcane Pulse animation disappears

Pyroblast breaks many stuns, is it should be this way (as well as any spell interrupting abilities)

Arcane Pulse with hell difficulty item increasing enemy's ms instead of decreasing

Also sound effects of every spell is missing after loading

When fighting Atal'ai, he decided to run away from me to the gates nearby tp circle to dawn, so I catched him here, killed, tp to last boss opened, but quest wasn't updated, so after I killed last boss final gates was closed
V_atoOgTZYY.jpg

fOiEqnCO178.jpg

Last edited:
Level 2
Version 2.2.6
Major game breaking bug:
1) When you get Blood of king (quest item) everytime you click it you get 2 perma main attribute... it can stack endlessly.
2) Same thing i described above is valid for tribestone (troll quest item).

SpasMaster

Level 23
I am very unfamiliar as to how Mac operates with Warcraft. If it's the custom icons that cause it (as it's described in the link you provided) then I am not sure I'll be able to do much. By the way, are you using warcraft version 1.27? They were doing Win 10 compatibility there, but who knows. I'd rather post about this in here. State the maps you've experienced this issue with.

Level 1
Yes, I'm using 1.27 – it's the only reason I'm able to play, since PowerPC macs (AKA all modern macs) weren't compatible until that release. First time booting up the game in 8+ years!

Level 3
On the latest version here, with my buddy playing Naga Siren and me playing Death Knight
In the middle of gameplay, I was unable to access my talents as Death Knight; the options were greyed out, saying it required a nearby patron.
Naga Siren was able to do it just fine, though.

Level 3
Oh, that will be a hard one to identify... Do you have a replay by any chance?
Ah HECK i forgot to do that. We made a save I could upload for you, but you won't be able to see what we did to screw it up from that... unless the save has replay data in it?

I haven't ever made a replay myself, so I'm not sure. (in my 6.5 years playing Warcraft I never saw a reason to LMAO)

Next time the issue occurs I'll be sure to save the replay.

Level 3
Another bug (unless this is intentional): The Death Knight's Q will not give him HP until a few seconds after it's come off cooldown, meaning spamming it will award you 0 HP, generally giving 1 HP per encounter

Level 3
Count's Memento can be stacked indefinitely in Heroic Mode, thanks to the snakes that spawn triggering the effect. My guy's at 250 strength now and plowing through insane heroic solo.

And this one's probably been posted before, but it doesn't seem like the Death Knight's W does any damage at all; but it's fine because he's a monster of a tank.

Level 1
I'm playing 2.2.9 on single player and i can't open the big door at the very first area of the game. I ended up watching a video where the guys playing it used a lever near a skeleton mini-boss to open it, but that lever is nowhere to be found. I could tell their version was a previous one, but even so there is nothing else that can open that door. Is it because it's single player? I had Siren and used her elementals with the grunt to try every combination but nothing.

Level 2
Here is some bugs I found recently:
1) You can damage (and kill) allies with stuff like Fiery Cleaver (which have a chance to deal x to y damage, can't remember actuall numbers) by spamming A on them
2) Slow by spellcasts of Skeleton Mages doesn't disappears at all (but sometimes one of three our heroes have it gone, when fighting this mages, also it was gone after skeleton boss in dungeon nearby broken's queen tiara)
3) Something happend with secret areas, they often do not proc (system message of count), so you don't get quest reward for finding them all. Is first secret area nearby dead (or not) peop still secret ? Cause it doesn't count at all, if it is.
And some suggestion: would be nice to make peop which gives gold ability to unit walking, cause he can be blocked tho not fully, but delayed

Last edited:
Level 8
hello. i posted this is the main page also

when we go to fight aszune (moon rider boss-quest given by world tree guy) there are few enemies we fight before her. They cast a frost spell that slows u. That spell got stuck to both of us permamently. tried loading the game more than twice but still the same result. After we killed ourselves it was removed. The DOOM GUARD's purge didnt remove that spell as well.

Level 2
Bug_W3.png

This is a bug? i cant press both switch(Im singleplayer mod) or dosnt trigger

Versio:2.3.1

Edit:Solved

Last edited:
Level 1
I found in 3.2.0 that with the Spirit Gaurdian hero after you get level 2 on his spirit blast whenever he spawns a wolf it immediately despawns, whether it is from his passive on his w or from the ability.

Last edited:
Level 1
1) Shaman can not be killed with one blow after he himself (or other team) Buff ground shield. It is an easy way to get past all the traps.
2) After 12 hours of play (playing for the first time on normal/heroic mode) to become unplayable. Wc3 uses 1Gb RAM and this value increases with each passing second. FPS decreases with each passing hour. Me and my friend could not get the game to end because of this. Not even enough memory to save the game! I upload log file of this error.

Can you that any advice that you can play for a long time on your map?

Attachments

• 2017-02-12 20.47.54 Error.txt
    73.9 KB · Views: 193

SpasMaster

Level 23
2) After 12 hours of play (playing for the first time on normal/heroic mode) to become unplayable. Wc3 uses 1Gb RAM and this value increases with each passing second. FPS decreases with each passing hour. Me and my friend could not get the game to end because of this. Not even enough memory to save the game! I upload log file of this error.
What I can advise for the time being is to save the game, close the game entirely and reload the game.
I will make further code optimizations in the near future.

Level 4
Necromancer's Swarm ability does apply Reanimate Buff, but it doesn't heal, or actually - heals 0 health.
@Edit: to be clear, this buff does not heal when it's casted by Swarm Ability, normal Reanimate Ability works fine.