• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bug Report

Level 1
Me and my friends played the whole game, but missed some quests (and we couldn't make 2 out 3 legendary items), although we weren't prevented from advancing until the map's last room. We killed the last boss, but after that, we were trapped inside the boss' room because one of the rooms that possibly had the key were locked 'cause we didn't complete all missions/quests and we couldn't back to previous areas because the gate we came from were locked.

For our luck though, one of my friends was using the ranger as hero, and he could summon a wolf through the other side of the gate leading to the end and stepped on the circle, so we could finish the game.

The game is great, we played a lot, and the use of saves was very helpful xD
That end-boss bug could ruin some games and I'd like to know if the items to make the Int-heroes' Legendary item can be found, 'cause I found only 1 out 3 of them (and we explored a lot, doing 21/23 secret areas).

Well that's all and sorry if I made some english mistakes.

Level 7
Helm of Valor tooltip: Strenght instead of Strength
King Feric Cinematic: Palce instead of Place
Great Crown of Calisea in shop: This Recipe| and Strenght
At one place near the first damaging lightnings ranged heroes can attack creeps over the cliff (and death knight can pull them) - pic below
A gate under the third shop (before the flame strike boss) bugs with the entering trigger, leaving somebody locked in. - pic below
pullf.png

randomgate.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 7
Wait, what? Yesterday i decided to play this game as i remember playing it like 2 years ago, so i downloaded the latest version... But i guess i accidentaly hosted the old one :D Happens. So i guess i don't need to post any more bugs ^^

Level 2
the game suddenly starts going really heavy

it was mid-point through the game i think, we were playing 3-person lan game
it was after we go to a base there was a shadow shaman, and south of it there's a spider bosstheres a door to the right and a doom guard.

suddenly the game goes very heavy. At first there's only 1 doomguard then suddenly i think there's like 5 spawns then the game just stops / freezes. i'm thinking theres a trigger fault where a unit is just spawned continuously through an infinite loop. maybe though i dunno it just freezes for one of my buddies (i'm the server) and then all 3 of us lags like crazy then it just freezes totally.

Level 2
ok found it, the boss name is Restan. i think he summons infinite doom guards, cuz we got like 6-7 at the edge of the screen (yeah we ran like hell to the base a bit north). no idea how many he got in his room.

the defense mini-game i don't think we left. Everyone died inside the room LOL. does resurrecting counts as leaving?

Minor Bug Report

Daffa the Mage reporting bug here [sorry if this is the wrong place]

the bug is here :

attachment.php

Story :
me and my brother decide to play it together, so we play a bit, but since it's night time by the time we play, we don't have a chance to get things out, but I did notice a bug while we play.

Bug : If there's less than 3 player, the circle that the hero isn't choosed from will remain,, and it has require stronghold req, I suggest remove the circle instead or limit the hero for each player to 1, so they can't see the remaining hero

~Daffa the Mage

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_080105_001828_03.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_080105_001828_03.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 1,727

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
If there's less than 3 player, the circle that the hero isn't choosed from will remain

I don't see how the circle is a problem.

and it has require stronghold req, I suggest remove the circle instead or limit the hero for each player to 1, so they can't see the remaining hero

Detecting that won't be easy and frankly I don't see what the problem is with the circle if you cannot pick the hero that is there.

Level 1
Well i said it in the actual map area, before i realized it has its own section, But putting a point into attack speed grants way more then 3%.

SpasMaster

Level 23
Game version v.1.6.2
Chaos blades for Chaoseater is not in the agility section and could not be found.

Yes, indeed. I will hotfix this as soon as possible.

EDIT: The Chaos Blades are in Agility Items. However there is a tooltip error with them and they are called "Ironwood Branch" in the shop. This will be fixed in the next version.

Last edited:
Level 4
Some minor bugs

MINOR BUG: I had an item (i don't know which exactly), which gave me the imolation effect (damage each second to each nearby enemy), then i was damaging some neutral units (for example the goblins at the end of the game) which i suppose shouldn't happen.

MINOR BUG: In the right bottom part (i think just to the south of the trolls village) there is some spider cave with a big nerubian and lots of eggs, each containing two spiders. When u came to the southern wall of this room, the trolls on the other side of the cave are able to attack u and cast spells on u. This is really annoying, coz our healer came there and he got hit by some "lighting hammer"like spell, which took him almost 90% of HP and stunned him, so he wasn't able to do anything to save himself from the basic attacks, which killed him.

SUGGESTION: Would it be able to make a column in the table stating "Healing done" or something like that? Because the healer has otherwise bad stats in the table (about half killed creeps and done damage compared to other heroes). This way the usefulnes of healer would be more visible.

Level 1
The disconnection

Me and my 2 friends are playing this and absolutely enjoying it, but from time to time they get disconnected at the bridge not far from the starting point. Just random disconnect for some reason. Any ideas what is going on? :vw_wtf:

Level 9
The Death Knight's sword always dissappear whenever he got hit by Hex or Cyclone. Always. Please fix that.

Level 2
The bug that i found is that despite your good plans for Force of Nature spell of Druid, i could exploit easily in many areas, more than 10places. summoning them on the other side of wall or bridges and killing monsters from afar. unfortunately i didn't take screenshots but i try take some next time that i play the map.

By the way thanks for your awesome map.

Level 9
Okay. The third trigger (the one you need an another person to stand on the circle of power so you can go inside the room and activate it) does not work. I used everything, including those furbolgs, the Grunt, wards.....but useless. Please fix that.

Level 1
MAJOR BUG:My friend stood infront of the goblin and he stopped moving, not repairing the elevator. Now we can't move on anymore.

Level 2
Major Bug:

Before engaging the final boss (the one that rewards demon key,the name is Kragloth or something) there is a cinematic with a lot of talks, me and my friends noticed that the camera is not fixed and game is not in cinematic mode and we could easily move camera and explored ALL the game area. after defeating the boss we were too tired to go back and check other cinematic too so maybe you can check them by yourself.

Level 1
I've yet to figure out why, but on my current run, the Dark Shaman's ultimate level 2 does not spawn a ward yet the skill would still cost mana/go on cooldown.

Level 9
Hey dude, why is the "Jab" skill of the new Troll agi hero, the creeps took the damage before the projectile even hit?

SpasMaster

Level 23
Hey dude, why is the "Jab" skill of the new Troll agi hero, the creeps took the damage before the projectile even hit?

Because it's impossible to create the skill completely accurate, since warcraft does not offer better option for it except a complicated damage detection system which I cannot afford to have. It's not a bug, it's just the way it works.

Level 18
desync

Was hosted on ENT, i was red player, 2 other players desynced when we fight with satyr, I was alone. Added atachment to see. Anyway, very nice made map;] but desync is 'must-fix-problem', best regards Zibi

again..
hope replays help you find moment and reason for this bugs

Attachments

• sunken city desync.w3g
    470.8 KB · Views: 181
  • 2nd desync.w3g
    503.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Ano

Ano

Level 1
Hi SpasMaster
I found a little bug
http://youtu.be/p-jeOhgCllk

I tried to place a totem with shaman and... there is no one up here
Maybe there is something in the wall?

Oh and can you give me a hint for the pen key?

Thanks in advance :D

Level 1
1) If selling something which does not have price. the message is "Error message is missing!".

2) After taking tablet of life, naga class can kill Atal'ai in advance.

3) Necromancer has chance to summon minions because of his raising dead ability.
The precondition is that damage dealt by he or his minions is greater than 3 time his hero level.
However, damage which is less than or equal to his hero level will also summon minions.

When he takes glyph of hellfire, he is too imba.

I pressed "stop" button near 4 enemies and all damages came from glyph of hellfire. But the deads ware summoned.

4) If Siren dies at these locations, you could hear continuous sound that kills her until she respawns.

attachment.php

attachment.php

5) Siren stands at these two locations and will auto attack something unknown. When it's killed, a window pops up "I am your dadday!"

6) Wrong classification about Iron Hammer in Queen's Scepter
Iron Hammer should be classified as agility items.

Lose a right bracket about the last "unclassified items".

7) First Marauder switches to axe, there is 10 seconds cooldown. But he can then switch to sword immediately.

8) Sometimes I click the secrete level portal but not enter in, I have to try several times.

9) Bel'shan is immune to magic. But ultimate ability can still cause damage to him.

10) not increase primary attribute using Serpent Tablet
I offered tributes about 40times. According to description, primary attribute should increase by 40*5*1.5%= 3. But not.
I drop it and re-pick it, primary attribute is same.
Another question, if more than one players offer tributes sharing it, how to calculate?
attachment.php

11) I got two magical tokens of Nozdormu.It should be unique.

12) Typing command "-ms" should show movement speed.
Sometimes it misses. Reloaded is ok.

13) Since a new legendary item is added, there are 5 legendary items.

attachment.php

14) inconsistent description about magic attack to medium armor
Attack description is 75%
Armor description is 50%

attachment.php
attachment.php

15) After using "Sword of Blazing Light", hero went to get the tome of experience.
But he was transported to trap and when effect ended, he was still alive.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_092414_164059_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_092414_164059_02.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 229
  • Serpent Tablet.jpg
    Serpent Tablet.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 576
  • WC3ScrnShot_093014_101455_02.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_093014_101455_02.jpg
    611.6 KB · Views: 567
  • WC3ScrnShot_093014_101236_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_093014_101236_01.jpg
    648.3 KB · Views: 560
  • items.png
    items.png
    322.4 KB · Views: 595
  • armor.png
    armor.png
    129.8 KB · Views: 568
  • attack.png
    attack.png
    118.1 KB · Views: 579
Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
In response to hfinit's reports: (First of all, I just merged all of your 15 posts into one. Do not multi-post, use EDIT button instead. These are the site's rules.)

1.) I'll try to fix that, but the problem lies within custom imported strings so I cannot promise anything.
2.) How can she kill him? She gets closer to him? Provide more information.
3.) I'll see if Necromancer can still summon if damage is less than 3 times his hero level.
4.) I'll look into this.
5.) You are triggering the anti-cheat system. Simply don't go there.
6.) Will be fixed.
7.) That's intentional.
8.) You don't have to click the portal. You have to move your hero close to it.
9.) Certain abilities work on him. That's intentional.
10.) I'll look into this.
11.) Why should it be unique?
12.) You must click on your hero before typing the command in order for it to work.
13.) Will be fixed.
14.) Will be fixed.
15.) Will be fixed.

Last edited:
Level 1
0_0, the attachment of merged post is lost. I have reuploaded several pictures.

2) Siren is a ranged naga hero, she can swim to there after taking tablet of life. These locations are connected.
A ranged hero can attack him.
I played some days ago and no record.

tablet of life
attachment.php

mini map
attachment.php

Atal'ai
attachment.php

4) Maybe only Siren has this problem, Marauder and Hogor don't.
7) If it's intentional, cooldown time should be corrected.
11) According to description, "each one of them brought a magical token with them.....". It's unique.:ogre_hurrhurr:
12) You're right.

new bugs:
1) Is axe unique? Hero can take more than one.
attachment.php

2) Vunjo's Arcane Blade
You can get this item with one or two Quickblade while description says two
attachment.php

3) wrong recipe description

Recipes

Recipes 1

Recipes2

Recipes4

Endless Treasure Chest: money lost
attachment.php
attachment.php

Charged Shield: money lost
attachment.php
attachment.php

Cleric Rod: incomplete message at the end
attachment.php
attachment.php

Silver Bow: Gloves of Haste lost; incomplete message at the end
attachment.php
139796d1412233534-bug-report-silver-bow.png

Bottled Lighting: required items lost
attachment.php
attachment.php

Flamewalker Mantle: incomplete message at the end
attachment.php
attachment.php

Wyrmrest Defender: required items lost
attachment.php
attachment.php

Skywrath: money lost
attachment.php
attachment.php

Lightbringer: incomplete message at the end
attachment.php
attachment.php

Serpent Tablet:incomplete message at the end
attachment.php
attachment.php

4) Shadow Weave can't hurt enemy with full health
attachment.php
attachment.php

5) incomplete description and typo

Berserker: ultimate ability lost
attachment.php

BrewMaster: ultimate ability lost
attachment.php

Spell Thief: typo "Agility"
attachment.php

Warlord Agility: typo "Agility"
attachment.php

Warrior: ultimate ability lost; first ability "Charge", second ability "Berserker Rage"
attachment.php

6) Setting Rally Point has no effect
attachment.php

7)don't konw how long Clockwerk Goblin lasts.
less than 20 seconds
attachment.php
attachment.php

8)

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_092914_195912_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_092914_195912_04.jpg
    615.8 KB · Views: 649
  • mini map.png
    mini map.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 523
  • WC3ScrnShot_093014_091805_04.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_093014_091805_04.jpg
    564.9 KB · Views: 604
  • two axes.png
    two axes.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 522
  • Vunjo's Arcane Blade.png
    Vunjo's Arcane Blade.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 506
  • Charged Shield(Recipe).png
    Charged Shield(Recipe).png
    113.8 KB · Views: 494
  • Charged Shield.png
    Charged Shield.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 468
  • Cleric Rod(Recipe).png
    Cleric Rod(Recipe).png
    190.1 KB · Views: 494
  • Cleric Rod.png
    Cleric Rod.png
    180 KB · Views: 480
  • Silver Bow.png
    Silver Bow.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Silver Bow(Recipe).png
    Silver Bow(Recipe).png
    185.5 KB · Views: 501
  • Endless Treasure Chest(Recipe).png
    Endless Treasure Chest(Recipe).png
    160.8 KB · Views: 507
  • Endless Treasure Chest.png
    Endless Treasure Chest.png
    164.7 KB · Views: 479
  • Bottled Lighting(Recipe).png
    Bottled Lighting(Recipe).png
    179.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Bottled Lighting.png
    Bottled Lighting.png
    193.6 KB · Views: 447
  • Flamewalker Mantle(Recipe).png
    Flamewalker Mantle(Recipe).png
    193.8 KB · Views: 467
  • Flamewalker Mantle.png
    Flamewalker Mantle.png
    187.3 KB · Views: 446
  • Serpent Tablet(Recipe).png
    Serpent Tablet(Recipe).png
    179.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Serpent Tablet.png
    Serpent Tablet.png
    193.8 KB · Views: 493
  • Skywrath(Recipe).png
    Skywrath(Recipe).png
    138.2 KB · Views: 463
  • Skywrath.png
    Skywrath.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 471
  • Wyrmrest Defender(Recipe).png
    Wyrmrest Defender(Recipe).png
    183.6 KB · Views: 469
  • Wyrmrest Defender.png
    Wyrmrest Defender.png
    204 KB · Views: 441
  • Lightbringer(Recipe).png
    Lightbringer(Recipe).png
    189.9 KB · Views: 460
  • Lightbringer.png
    Lightbringer.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 427
  • Shadow Weave ss.jpg
    Shadow Weave ss.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 472
  • Shadow Weave des.png
    Shadow Weave des.png
    153 KB · Views: 450
  • Berserker's ability.png
    Berserker's ability.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 435
  • BrewMaster's ability.png
    BrewMaster's ability.png
    219.6 KB · Views: 426
  • Spell Thief Agility.png
    Spell Thief Agility.png
    107.2 KB · Views: 448
  • Warrior's ability.png
    Warrior's ability.png
    216.4 KB · Views: 426
  • Warlord Agility.png
    Warlord Agility.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 413
  • Pocket factory.png
    Pocket factory.png
    1,000 KB · Views: 423
  • Clockwerk Goblin.png
    Clockwerk Goblin.png
    334.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Pocket Factory Ability.png
    Pocket Factory Ability.png
    220.1 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Level 4
Hello found a rather large bud which would of prevented us from progressing but we figured a way around it .

The door which you have open by lighting the brazers on fire is buged for us , we found the item in the beasts layer.
We tried to use it one the first beacon the furthest to the left but nothing happened , so we tried it again ... still nothing , so then I used it on the one one the far right and it worked but the item disappeared form my inventory and we had no idea on what to do .

So we summoned some unit on the other side of the door walked to the monolith and used the teleport .

We played as the Goblin tinker and the warlock .

Level 2
DK: Plague Strike doesn't give debuff on enemy
Sapper: Bomb Frenzy buff doesn't work if C2 hits more than 4 enemys
Bomb Frenzy doesn't amplify The Big One, buff still remain
Some ESC stats causes fatal error on heroes with summons which benefit from ESC

Last edited:
Level 2
About last bug which still remain in latest version, this causes fatal error only on Tinker and after skilling 2nd lvl mana regeneration in esc stats

SpasMaster

Level 23
About last bug which still remain in latest version, this causes fatal error only on Tinker and after skilling 2nd lvl mana regeneration in esc stats

I completely forgot about that, sorry. I'll look at it when I get to work on the next version. Meanwhile, could you check few things out to help me?

1.) The bug happens only if you get 2 points of mana regeneration. If you spend 1 point everything is fine?
2.) Try getting flat mana bonus in ESC first and then get the mana regeneration. Tell me if the bug persists that way.
3.) Do you happen to have any other summons except the clockwork goblins when the crash happens?
4.) Does the crash happen if you have nothing summoned?
5.) To make sure on this: you get that error only with Tinker?

Level 2
I completely forgot about that, sorry. I'll look at it when I get to work on the next version. Meanwhile, could you check few things out to help me?

1.) The bug happens only if you get 2 points of mana regeneration. If you spend 1 point everything is fine?
2.) Try getting flat mana bonus in ESC first and then get the mana regeneration. Tell me if the bug persists that way.
3.) Do you happen to have any other summons except the clockwork goblins when the crash happens?
4.) Does the crash happen if you have nothing summoned?
5.) To make sure on this: you get that error only with Tinker?
1) Yes, for Tinker
2) Causes fatal as well on lvl 2 tinker (1 mana first, then mana regen)
3) No, crash happens after skilling 2 lvl mana reg, no matter is there some summons
4) As told in 3rd, yes
5) With manaregen lvl 2 100% only with Tinker
My friend also told that fatals could happen on other heroes with summons like dk but don't know exactly reason (which stat is he skilled), but not sure, maybe it was fatal from other stuff

Last edited:
Level 2
Shadow Hunter: heal sometimes doesn't work (insta heal, hot is still going, like necro's heal before, same bug I suppose)
And also about Tinker. Seems like it doesn't matter what did you skill before mana regen, enough to take some skill point on something else and then go manaregen, not only mana, and fatal comes

SpasMaster

Level 23
Shadow Hunter: heal sometimes doesn't work (insta heal, hot is still going, like necro's heal before, same bug I suppose)
And also about Tinker. Seems like it doesn't matter what did you skill before mana regen, enough to take some skill point on something else and then go manaregen, not only mana, and fatal comes

I was already aware of the Shadow Hunter issue. Turns out 1.9.0 will be small bugfix version.
About Tinker: I tested the map myself and strangely enough I did not encounter the problem. I picked Tinker 2 times on Easy and Hell difficulty with Timed Mode enabled to get the tomes of power and no problem occured. I tried Mana -> Mana Regen. I also tried Mana Regen -> Mana Regen.

Are you encountering this problem as Player 1 (Red)?

Level 2
I was already aware of the Shadow Hunter issue. Turns out 1.9.0 will be small bugfix version.
About Tinker: I tested the map myself and strangely enough I did not encounter the problem. I picked Tinker 2 times on Easy and Hell difficulty with Timed Mode enabled to get the tomes of power and no problem occured. I tried Mana -> Mana Regen. I also tried Mana Regen -> Mana Regen.

Are you encountering this problem as Player 1 (Red)?
We've played it on blue/teal only, but I also tried it in solo game on red and got same fatal story
Just checked some thing, fatal doesn't come if you didn't skill 2nd ability before getting at least one point in something and then go manareg

Last edited:

SpasMaster

Level 23
We've played it on blue/teal only, but I also tried it in solo game on red and got same fatal story
Just checked some thing, fatal doesn't come if you didn't skill 2nd ability before getting at least one point in something and then go manareg

I am really puzzled. I have look around everything: triggers, abilities... nothing seems wrong, yet there is an issue.

Level 2
Shadow Hunter's heal still doesn't work sometimes
Fatal error on Tinker still here (if you did mean that you fixed it in changelog)
And if you are playing 2p, and its red and teal, then there is no info in table about lives\dmg, instead you see blue player which doesn't exist and showed with icon of eye like he is obs, and no teal complete in it

Last edited: