• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fel Orc Adventure

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
  • Love
Reactions: HuanJuan and SebioL
This is a simple single player map experience where you start with a hero, Gor'thok, who goes on an adventure to collect all 6 Fat Lewts!

There are no triggers yet because I was using this map as a sample test case for the Warsmash Mod Engine, which does not support triggers yet. However, you could probably play the map on Warcraft III base installation if you wanted and it would probably still work.

The map exists to support Warsmash which is an open source focused project, so I consider this map to be fully open source. Modify it in any way that you like, and if you feel that your modified version of this map still contains elements of the original you can give me credit if you would like.

Credits for this map are missing in the map data because there is not a way to show in-game credits on Warsmash Mod Engine yet, but here are the used models:

General Frank's crossbowman:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/fel-orc-crossbowman.48402/
Mr Goblin's icon for the above model:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/btnfelorccrossbow.113692/
Ujimasa Hojo's Orc Warlord hero:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warlord-orc-and-derivatives.291855/
A model that I made myself for a 3-tower Altar of Storms (to look like its icon, for fun)
A lot of models and icons from the Reign of Chaos Beta from Hallfiry's archives online site.

I did not make any of the above assets, and those assets are not necessarily open source in the same manner as the map itself.
Contents

Fel Orc Adventure (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
While the utility of the map is understandable, it's not a playable map, it's a mere template that can be uploaded in the mod's forum. Substandard. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange! R U L E S Site...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
While the utility of the map is understandable, it's not a playable map, it's a mere template that can be uploaded in the mod's forum.

Substandard.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
Alexen
eubz
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Hey, thinking of the substandard rating, is it better to try to like delete this and post the map as an attachment in whatever place seems most appropriate, or is it better to link to the substandard upload and leave it uploaded?
As you see fit, Mr. Retera. How you think would be better for people to get the know-how and what's more comfortable, I guess.

Level 26
It is sounded good, but in the reality it has some problems. The representation of the Fel Orcs is a good idea, having an adventure map, where the player discovering the map, contacting NPCs, and so on. This map is simple, it has no quests, and if somebody want to see unit models that used in this campaign, than there is no dissappointments: unit models functioning, but other of that, it's a plain map. The starting position is weird to me, there is not too much place to build, even when you get rid of the mushrooms (trees): you are forced to conquer/controll more territory. If you want to test out the mentioned race, it's an OK, but do not expect anything else. There are 1-2 bugs, nothing game breaking.

Last edited: