• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Evil Town 1 [Lost in the City] v2.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
-Evil Town 1 [Lost in the City]-
You and your friends are enjoying a trip when the car suffered a breakdown. You decided to spend the night in a desolated town. As you enter the town, you realized that an evil seal has been broken, and there is no turning back. Escape this town full of deadly traps and monsters, or be trapped in here forever!

Tips:
1) Don't step on blight or go near anything suspicious
2) Learn at least level 1 Wind Walk, useful for finding secret areas and avoiding enemies
3) Kill the enemy units if you know it can be done so as to gain as much experience as possible
4) Always READ before you act
5) For multiplayer - Do not leave the game if your hero dies. As long as 1 player reaches the Revive Circle, everybody will respawn.

Information

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Authors Notes

Stranded in this town, you must escape this haunted place alive by reaching the Escape Coptor.

In this game, you control a Miserable Traveller, and with 7 other friends, you have to work together.

Fight through the Zevil Lord's minions and Navigate through mazes with wondering monsters that can kill you.
Defeat bosses and grab the keys to unlock to the next area.

But Watch Out! This place is full of deadly traps and insane beasts.
Make sure you read before approaching anything, and do not go near anything suspicious.

Secret areas with useful items are hidden throughout. Some requires sneakiness to bypass, others are just down right traps.

There are two paths for you to choose.
The right gate will lead you through the Graveyard, Underground Mine and the Enchanted Forest.
The top route will lead you through the High Cliff, Temple Of Fire and the Water World.
Either route will take you to the exit and the final boss...

Can you survive and escape from this Mad Town?

This map is one of those Troll, go-near-something-and-instantly-die type.
You may need to restart multiple times as you learn the traps along the way.
However, the traps are not random, and if they are, there is some kind of hint.
Long story short, just don't go near anything that looks dangerous or suspicious.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

[2019-07-03]
v2.0 Changes
1) Spirit of Nature
- Model From 'Furion' to 'Ghostly Keeper of Growth'
- Spell 'Force of Nature' to 'Plague of Nature'
2) Sorcerer of the Depth - Model from 'Naga Sea Witch' to 'Murgul Shadowcaster'
3) Water World - Eel in Well, added animation
4) Starting Car Die time - shorter
5) Add starting Cinematic - The Broken Seal
6) Revive/revive at random point in revive circle
7) Changed Death King's name to Death Commander
8) Changed conversation and added new cinematic at Human Encampment
9) Forest Secret - Additional task
10) High Cliff - Need ticket
11) New Quest - Tips, Beta Testers
12) Huanted Village
- Narrower path
- Bulldozers are bigger and move faster

v2.1 Changes
1) Must kill Zombie Miner Boss to obtain Sun Key
2) New system to make Eel in Well more random

v2.2 Changes
1) All patrolling units will not move until a certain region is entered
2) Removed unused units once area is cleared
3) Changed Fire blockage at Enchanted Forest to Fireflies
4) Reduced number of Bulldozers at Haunted Vilage

v2.3 Changes
1) Reduced HP of
- Blood Sucking Bats
- Blood Sucking Vampires
- Template Guard
2) Removed Weird Soup 1 Death Region
3) Removed Fire Traps at Boss Area
4) Removed Water Death Regions at Water Temple Maze

Hi! I am Volkof and I am from Singapore. This map is created by me when I was 16 and it is made from scratch. This map is inspired by Ghost City and Haunted Village.

I created this map during my free time in 2008 after my Polytechnic Graduation and awaiting my NS Enlistment (Singaporeans will understand).

Can you believe it took me 10 years to finally decide to upload this?
At that time, Warcraft 3 was my all time favourite game, especially Battle.Net, where I get to play custom maps with friends and random strangers.

My favourite type of maps are Adventure, Single Hero Control, Teamwork kind where you fight Computer AI units/bosses and win with your friends.
Some of my favourite old time maps are "LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring", "7 Hero Siege", Haunted Village", "Binders", "Final Fantasy Epic RPG" etc.

These maps inspired me to create my own Evil Town Series.
There is actually a sequel; Evil Town 2 - Zevil Invasion, Castle Defence based map.

Unfortunately, life catches up. University, and then working life.
Evil Town 2 was discontinued.
With that being said, updates and changes to this map is highly unlikely.
This map was uploaded so as to honour my younger self's effort, and I am proud of it.
However, any comments and feedbacks you leave will still be read and appreciated.

My initial intention of creating Evil Town 1 was to play with friends.
Well, they have also moved on with their life too.
Also, as the creator of this map, it just isn't as fun for myself to play it, because I know every single traps and secrets.

My only wish is that someone would play this map and upload on youtube for me to watch. :p

This map is completely unprotected. You are free to open and see the triggers.
I hope it can help new map creators to kick-start their own map-making projects.
Just don't steal my map and claim as your own.

Feel free to contact me if anything. My email address is <[email protected]>.

Cheerio and have fun!

Password Hint: All lowercase no space
Contents

Evil Town 1 [Lost in the City] v2.3 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
It's an OK map, a bit frustrating at times. Maybe, you should add more lives or keep infinite ones for each waypoint, something. However, the terrain could be improved. Check the links below about terrain making. You could also change/add a few...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
It's an OK map, a bit frustrating at times. Maybe, you should add more lives or keep infinite ones for each waypoint, something.

However, the terrain could be improved. Check the links below about terrain making.
You could also change/add a few custom models for things like the Mad Rider.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 2
It's an OK map, a bit frustrating at times. Maybe, you should add more lives or keep infinite ones for each waypoint, something.

However, the terrain could be improved. Check the links below about terrain making.
You could also change/add a few custom models for things like the Mad Rider.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Hihi,

This map was made over 10 years ago.
At that time my intention was to learn about triggering, so Terrain and Model import are not the focus.

Thank you for trying out the map!