1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Everwood - The unique ORPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by RolePlaynGamer, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    It says on the first page, up to 8 players can play at a time.
    It would be good to have a save/load code, I'm sure it will,
    I can't wait to see how the project turns out, Anyways, keep up the great work man!
    -Calvin

2. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I want to see a beta or something released soon.

3. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Stomp
    Stomp
    I don't know if this is a berserker spell or a warrior spell. But it's a pretty simple spell. Stomp the ground, damaging and knocking nearby enemies back.
    Picture
    [​IMG]

Power Blow
    Power Blow
    This skill is for the Warrior. Another pretty simple one. Hit one enemy, knocking him back and damaging him. The damage and knockback is, of course, greater than Stomps.
    Picture
    [​IMG]

Backstab
    Backstab
    This skill is for rogue (yea right...). It hits a target enemy, and if the enemy is hit from behind, there's a lot of damage and a stun effect.

Sorry about the image, the floating texts is weird but has been fixed.
    Picture
    [​IMG]

Meteor Shower
    Meteor Shower
    This is a skill for the pyromancer. the pyromancer channels for some time, and then devasting meteors smash against the earth. The amount of meteors increases with level.

Picture
    [​IMG]

Thunderstorm
    Thunderstorm
    This skill is for the shaman. The shaman invokes series of lightning at target AoE point.

Picture
    [​IMG]

Lights of Heaven
    Lights of Heaven
    This skill is for the Priest. Several lights form a star and every unit which is hit is damaged.

Picture
    [​IMG]

4. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome.
    Those spells are looking good, and I'm looking forward to seeing more spells as you make them. =]
    Thanks for those 6 additional spells, and keep up the great work!
    -Calvin

5. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, those spells are pretty sweet!

6. Lord-T-Rex

Lord-T-Rex

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    simple, but great spells, which can't lack in a real rpg =)

7. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    None of the spells i have made so far cause any lag (except lights of heaven when zoomed into minimum distance... =/ )

Talking about lights of heaven i actually think it's to simple in some way... I actually plan on making the lights move a little to the right everytime the distance increases, so that it looks more like a firework.. =)

But anyway, i'll soon make z-height spells like leap attack, so prepare for some flying units.. =)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  8. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    You bad guy!
    You make me wanna stop editing my own RPG:p

Very good job here on this work.

Can you tell me at how much % to 'done' you actually are? Or is this hard to answer? I can't wait to try this out.

9. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I i am asking now will u use only 1 model for all races? it would be smart becous if u have the armour and swords... u have your models i mean then u dont need to import more ! am i right ?

10. spiwn

spiwn

Resources:
    Resources:
    He meant what he said "lack" not "lag".
    He means those spells are a must for any RPG ;)

11. Lord-T-Rex

Lord-T-Rex

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    yes, spiwn is right :D

12. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Don't stop your project just because you think ours is better. Yours might as well be better than ours.
    But about the progres. Well, it's very hard to tell... =b
    I guess the beta is 60-70% done and the map is 40-50% done.

I'm a little confused here... What exactly do you mean?
    We use the same base model for all of the heroes, but Tenebrae is currently animating all 10 of them, so you don't see warriors which fly above ground..
    Right now, all of the heroes use the same skin, because we have to be careful about the size. We're near 3 mb, but we also have most of the imports. But the imports we have are also the ones with lowest filesize... =/
    But before the release i'll do everything i can to decrease the size, and i think i can decrease it with 1 to 2.5 mb.
    And again, we wont have races in this game.

Oh, well, my fault sorry guys.. =D

Talking about spells, i had 5 min where i weren't busy so i updated Lights of Heaven a little. Take a look and enjoy =)
    Lights of Heaven
    [​IMG]

13. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Rolay not races like running races like Orc,Night Elf,undead.....

14. Sephalo

Sephalo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here are some of the spells I made/try to make for my RPG. You can just use them to inspire you a bit. Or even copy them. I don't mind.

- Unholy Charge: Charges to the target. Every unit hit by the hero while charging will take damage and receive a debuff (cripple) which reduces their attack damage, attack speed and movement speed for 4 seconds. The target of the charge will receive 3*strength in damage.

- Watery Bubble: Creates a watery shield around the target. This shield has a X chance to absorb damage (Passive Hardened Skin ability from mountain giant, with minimum damage 0 and max damage 9999999) and an Y chance to restore mana to the target everytime the target takes melee damage.
    Whenever the target takes pierce damage the bubble will collapse (like a soap bubble from sharp things:D). (collapse deals 0 damage)

- Cone of Cold: (using the great texture that has been posted on this site like a month ago) Deals X damage + Heroes int and pushes the target back (knockback with an effect of 165..miles?centimeters? well you get it)

- Flame Sprite: Creates a small flame sprite to haunt the target enemy (using the soul burn buff effect). Dealing damage per second to the target and giving him an X % chance to miss attacks made. When the haunted target dies, the flame sprite will jump to a new nearby enemy target.

- Shadow Sprite: Same as above, but this time with a shadowstrike buff effect.

- Boon of the Mountains: Gives the wearer knockback and stun immunity and increases his armor by X for Y seconds.

- uhmz... uhmz... Little tip too, think you don't need it. But every hero in my game has 1 autocast ability. For the melee heroes I made spells like 'Curse' with a trigger that damages the target when he gets cursed. The debuff with the 'chance to miss' effect must last shorter then the cooldown, because the hero will else walk to an other enemy to debuff him too. But like this I let my melee heroes autocast melee abilities instead of buffs/debuffs.

Good luck with your RPG.

Teuncreemers aka Secondsight.

15. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tears of Heaven looks ALOT better now! GREAT JOB!

16. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Leap Attack

Well, here it is finally. Leap attack!
    This is for the warrior. You probably know what it does, but i'll explain anyway. The hero jumps to target location and deal damage to nearby enemies on impact.

Also, the jump is as realistic as it can get. =)

Picture
    [​IMG]

<Unnamed>

This is another skill for the warrior. This time he throws a chain on target enemy and swing it behind him.

Picture
    [​IMG]

17. Darkenneko_003

Darkenneko_003

Resources:
    Resources:
    =]
    Looking Great man, You just keep throwing spells at us. xD
    Keep up the awesome work!
    -Calvin

18. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    WOA. That unnamed spell is AWESOME. It's INSANE. It's like Scorpion's Bloody Spear (or Harpoon) on CRACK. WOW.

19. RolePlaynGamer

RolePlaynGamer

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    <Unnamed>

This one is my favourite spell so far. It's for the shaman.
    So basically, the shaman flyes into the air and shoots a chain of lightning at target location. When the chain hits the ground, it begins to shoot balls of lightning in random directions. When the balls hits an enemy, the enemy is damaged.
    Picture
    [​IMG]

20. I)eadnerzhul

I)eadnerzhul

Resources:
    Resources:
    That. Is. Wicked.