1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Wolfe, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:

Upcoming

As of 2012-04-12​

The Team

MEMBER POSITION
    Wolfe Project Leader, Designer, Writer
    Tukki Lead Coder, Designer, 2IC
    Oziris Lead Terrainer, Designer, Artist
    HeroSlayer Lead Artist
    PROXY Consultant Modeller
    The_Witcher Coder, Video Designer
    "I'm using a step-by-step process."
    - Wolfe​

[​IMG]

Project Information

[​IMG]

Introduction

Shadows of Everwood is an open roleplaying game raised from the ashes of Everwood ORPG currently in development by a bunch of happy folks. Shadows of Everwood is a very ambitious project that has been in development for a couple of years, and tries to offer players a different gaming experience compared to that of normal WarCraft III RPGs.

The team is passionate about this project, and although it is just a hobby, we hope to see this through and release something successful. We consider a successful game to be a game that combines the efforts of our team into something that players genuinely enjoy with their friends or even a couple of strangers. Everwood Entertainment wishes to create a game that offers players the opportunity to leave WarCraft III for a while, but not stray too far from it.

IntroCam01.png Knockdown.png Talk01.png

Shadows of Everwood has many features tailored to both challenge and aid the player. We wish to immerse a player in a hand-crafted world, while offering challenging gameplay and the ability to customize their characters. The game itself focuses mainly on group-based player vs. player combat and player vs. enemy experiences which attempt to shed such boring activities like grinding and solo questing. Within the game, you will be faced with difficult challenges and tasks, while being rewarded with items and currency. Shadows of Everwood is its own entity that strives to provide players with an unforgettable gaming experience.

[​IMG]

Story and Setting

In a world where humanity is at its peak, its leaders squabble for power. In the midst of their violent bickering, the empires foundations begin to buckle and chaos ensues. Insecure, weak and vulnerable, the people caught in between the turmoil cry for salvation, to be liberated from those who oppress them, starve them, and rape them of their independence. Those who whisper rebellion now shout in defiance while sinister plots erupt from the silence of the black nights. Now, the one man who kept it all together is dead.

LarossianQuarry.png LowmarshPoint.png ShrineOfVinos01.png

Welcome to Everwood Forest, a playground for the divine entities of the world. You are one of its human denizens, a member of the empire. You have been driven from your homes, watched as everything you loved burned and witnessed perverted misuses of magic. As the empire collapses, its people suffer greatly. It is left to a new generation of warriors to rise to the challenge, free the people and reveal what lies in the darkness.

It is left to you.

[​IMG]

Classes

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Shadows of Everwood ORPG invite players to choose one of nine classes. Each class is unique in its own right, with varying themes, playstyles and skills. One key aspect of our classes is that they are not designed with a specific role in mind. They are each designed according to functions, covering niches such as ‘versatility’, ‘risk’ and ‘attention’.

Ultimately, how you build your class determines what role you play in a party.

[​IMG] Wizard: “The cold only stings when you fight it.”
    The wizard is a supportive spellcaster who emphasizes versatility, able to devastate ranks of foes with lightning or cure his allies with the soothing powers of water.
    [Class Preview]

[​IMG] Berserker: “My sword is my tool, my rage is my weapon.”
    The berserker is a ferocious opponent on the battlefield who emphasizes attention. Through powerful area attacks, the berserker is able to gain threat quickly and maintain it.
    [Class Preview Not Yet Available]

[​IMG] Pyromancer: “Touch me and you shall watch everything you cherish burn in hellfire.”
    The pyromancer is a vicious warlock who emphasizes risk, able to enhance his devastating spells with daemonic energy for a cost.
    [Class Preview]

[​IMG] Valewalker: “Nature has a voice, child. And that voice is me.”
    The valewalker is a guardian of nature who emphasizes combat and mysticism, calling upon the spirits of the natural realm to imbue his attacks.
    [Class Preview Not Yet Available]

[​IMG]

Key Features

[​IMG]

Local Save Bank System

• No more typing in long codes to load your heroes
    • Codes saved as files in folders for your convenience
    [​IMG]

Custom Interfaces

• On-screen inventories, backpacks, stat and shop windows
    • Easy to access via your UI
    [​IMG]

Beautiful World

• Explore a world tailored with incredible detail
    • Visit shops, travel in the treacherous night or the safety of day, experience dynamic zones
    [​IMG]

Dynamic Stories

• Immerse yourself in the civil war, participating in a story where you are the protagonist
    • Make conscience decisions with your allies affecting the next chapter of your story
    [​IMG]

Fast-Paced Combat

• Fight hordes of dangerous monsters, using powerful skills in challenging combat scenario
    • Experience dynamic combat where positioning and strategy is key

[​IMG]

Super Posts

[​IMG]

Gallery

Terrain

BrightriverKeep01.png DuvantBastion01.png UlakTheRavager01.png

Gameplay

WizardImage01.png WizardImage02.png WizardImage03.png

Systems

Backpack01.png Backpack02.png InfoAndBackpack01.png
    ItemInfo01.png

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Supported Projects

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Credits

(in no specific order)
    [​IMG]

This Post

Paul Davey - For many of the cool icons.
    Dragonson - Member signatures, screenshot border, project logo and delimiters used in this post!
    [​IMG]

The Map

A lot of persons. (To be added, of course)
    [​IMG]

THANKS FOR READING!

- The Shadows of Everwood Team

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice setup wolfe. :)
    Btw, do you need a loading screen made too?
    'cuz i'm really in the mood for making a loading screen for SoE.
    Making that much artwork for a project kindof does that to one. ^^

3. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    You know, I'm here if you need a model or two =)

Beside, it "looks" awsome so far :p

4. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hehe, yeah. It looks good. As I said before, the demo is under construction, and we're quite passionate about it.

On another note, if any coders want to join us for the demo (or the whole project) to help us finish all of our spells while Tukki handles systems, we'd really appreciate it. HeroSlayer is a coder, but I want him heavily focused on our models, and Tukki goes back to school in a week, so if he can't finish in time, we need a back-up.

5. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I already made a Loading Screen for the map. You can find it in the Terrain Thread.
    Nice looking thread, still cant wait to see it completely finished with the demo uploaded. ;)

6. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Darn. :S
    I really wanted to make one in the style of the banners i made for the thread.

Where's that terrain thread? I'd like to see the LS. :)

7. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Now, speakin' about, the font on the banners are pretty unfitting and ugly :/

8. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm? :)
    Okay. Got any fonts you'd like to suggest?

I personally like it, and i think wolfe's okay with it, but i'm open to feedback.
    Which one of them is it? The upper text, middle text or lower text (same as upper)?

9. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The texts itself are ok, (no offnse :] ) but they seem so. . . random. You mixed three completly differnt fonts togehter, and they just don't fit. The progress pic looks okay, but the other ones with the subtitle in red just don't look good. I suggest also making the subtitle in them in the green with the one from "progress" :)

10. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmyeah, i get that.
    THough it is technically the same font, i see that i should work abit on the colors.

Dya' agree on that Wolfe?

11. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Here's the LS, Dragonson. I'm fine with the progress bar font but the red fonts are kind of ugly IMO.

Attached Files:

12. DanThanh

DanThanh

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The LS is really awesome !

13. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    That IS an awesomely cool loading screen. :D
    But are you sure you dont want me to run it through photoshop?
    Maybe add some titlez and borderz?

Anyways, if the answer is no, i'l stop asking now. XD

14. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to welcome DanThanh to the team as our new coder. I am going to write our first progress report tomorrow and update the thread accordingly.

15. DanThanh

DanThanh

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hello, i am glad to join SoE team. My thanks to Tukki and Wolfe for inspecting and accepting me, i will do my best ! ^^

16. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I think a heading and a border on the loading screen would do it good.

In regards to the banners, I see a valid point in Fan's judgments. Perhaps experiment a little bit more with them? Also, could you shrink the banner a little so it fits the page. I hate scrolling across to see all of the information, lol.

17. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Kay. :)
    I'l run the loading screen through photoshop, experiment on the headers a little more and shrink the banner.

Off i am!

EDIT: Allrighto!
    Here is the loading screen after a quick run through photoshop. :)
    Anything you'd like improved or changed?

[Image Being Fixed]

Also, if you guys like the texture of the text (heh) on this one, should i try and use the same texture in another color on the headers?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  18. PROXY

PROXY

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Ehm, no offnse, but the borders look a bit ehm... let me explain.
    the scene of the LS is a battle in front of demon tower etc. hardcore like and then you see pink wave-moldings at the borders D: Just left the title alone and make it another colour. please.

19. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Heh. :p
    Well, when i were designing it i were thinking something along the lines of "Purplish Dark Rune-Magic Things", but i understand what you're saying.
    Lemme' fix that.

{EDIT}
    Allright, is this acceptable?
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  20. Oziris

Oziris

Resources:
    Icons:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I have an idea, how about making a frame around the picture, and then making that lava thing you just made now but only going around the frame, like a snake. that was just a suggestion. That would look nice and this too looks nice. But the right side seems too look too thick, it should be thinner and thinner while reaching the end of that lava frame. Oh and the bottom lava/frame seems to be going in a straight line, it should be more messy.