• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shadows of Everwood - ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I can make models, terrain, jass, etc... ( everything ) I would be very pleased to make models for this map, since it looks like something serious and very nice ( judging by the beautiful terrain )
I can make:
-Perfect and smooth animations on models made from 0
-Low and high poly mesh for complex units or simple attachments
-Animated particle and ribbon emitters
-Custom attachment points
-Import models from any other game (i think this wont be needed here :p)
-Draw concepts (blueprints), scan them and make models

sorry for my english... not native lang.

Level 5
Im in ;)
Currently working in the base hero model and the wooden planks for the port city.
The base hero is going to be extremely complex, but it will be only 90 kb with no anims (i think 450kb with anims).
The model is meant to have a lot of animations and ALL types of attachments to add ingame. Just like in wow and many other rpgs

Level 4
WELLLLLLL

I was hoping this map would come out before starcraft 2.

However, it seems that the developers have failed me.

I've been following this map for about 1.75 years now. I bookmarked it from both wc3c and hive, yet there has been no release. Depressing. The initial posts made it seem like it was close to being finished, and I kept hoping.

Oh well. Lack of motivation by developers is a depressing thing.

Level 17
We are very motivated, thank you. We've revamped the whole map and pretty much are nearly 75% done with the demo, so keep hanging.

Really, our downfall is our personal lives. We've been busy, but we have been working on Everwood.

Level 9
I dont get why you want to put so many extreme things into an ORPG... I play many of them on BNet and to me people like the more basic ones better. I can get a full house in about 10 minutes hosting Twilights but it takes an hour or more to get even half full when hosting Defiance. But that being said I still wish you luck =)

I dont get why you want to put so many extreme things into an ORPG... I play many of them on BNet and to me people like the more basic ones better. I can get a full house in about 10 minutes hosting Twilights but it takes an hour or more to get even half full when hosting Defiance. But that being said I still wish you luck =)

To answer this question is simple. Defiance oprg is old, played many times i had like 3 chars with 40 something level. TKoK was hosted, and as far as i know, it was extreme. People played it like they never seen something like it. Then for some reason people stop hosting it. Don't know why they don't get hosting bots >.> Oh and Twilight, i tried it. It's a fail of an oprg. Tried it like 5 min and left.

Level 9
Twilights has lasted hours for me and many others and Defiance might not have been a good example but basically what Im saying is that people dont necessarily want a really fancy ORPG and to me if there are too many systems in it, it gets complicated and then I just quit because its not as much fun...

Level 17
Many people have various opinions on different ORPGs. I find Twilight's Eve horrible, however many find it entertaining. We can't base things on the opinion of just one individual when there are so many more people out there who have a completely different view. This includes the discussion at hand. Many people find that systems can over-complicate this genre, but really, it can also be an enjoyable experience. Our systems are quite "in-the-background", subtly applied to things like spells and items. Others are just things that many people find a WC3 ORPG need, such as a full-screen inventory and such.

An ORPG can be simple or it can be complicated. We aim to strike a balance between the two.

As I stated previously, a lot of people have different wants and needs. One cannot simply cater to all of those needs, so we're not basing this on "what people don't necessarily want", we're basing this on systems and gameplay that we believe is beneficial to the game and enjoyable.

Level 6
WELLLLLLL

I was hoping this map would come out before starcraft 2.

However, it seems that the developers have failed me.

I've been following this map for about 1.75 years now. I bookmarked it from both wc3c and hive, yet there has been no release. Depressing. The initial posts made it seem like it was close to being finished, and I kept hoping.

Oh well. Lack of motivation by developers is a depressing thing.

Firstly, we haven't failed anyone. I stated early on that a demo was not to be expected before august. We don't work for you, or anyone. And you seem to forget that the time we put into the map is actually taken from our precious spare-time. So please refrain from such comments in the future. <-- This is serious. You really think that we work for you?

Secondly, please stop making up your own conclusions and posting them as if they were the truth. As Wolfe posted, we have motivation, but motivation alone cannot create a map - it takes time to do so. We try to work as fast as we can in the time we can muster, and even when I'm on vacation in the mountains I try to do some coding. So please, stop jumping to false conclusions about loss of motivation.

What you could've expected, and what have been scarcely provided, is information about progress. But writing and creating an eye-pleasing, informative, update takes its time too.

--------------------------
As for the demo progress; I've completed nearly all required systems and I'm currently waiting for the terrainers to provide me with the demo map so that I can start the final phase before the demo release. There's also a fuckload of features that haven't been mentioned, and will be.. in the real thread. :)

Level 6
Project is nearing demo peeps!

We've been working hard, and if all goes well, the demo should be expected to be released in the coming weeks (2-4)! School starts next week, though, so progress may slow down depending on the initial load of homework :p

Wolfe will soon reveal all details in the upcoming threat :)

Level 4
Firstly, we haven't failed anyone. I stated early on that a demo was not to be expected before august. We don't work for you, or anyone. And you seem to forget that the time we put into the map is actually taken from our precious spare-time. So please refrain from such comments in the future. <-- This is serious. You really think that we work for you?

Secondly, please stop making up your own conclusions and posting them as if they were the truth. As Wolfe posted, we have motivation, but motivation alone cannot create a map - it takes time to do so. We try to work as fast as we can in the time we can muster, and even when I'm on vacation in the mountains I try to do some coding. So please, stop jumping to false conclusions about loss of motivation.

What you could've expected, and what have been scarcely provided, is information about progress. But writing and creating an eye-pleasing, informative, update takes its time too.

--------------------------
As for the demo progress; I've completed nearly all required systems and I'm currently waiting for the terrainers to provide me with the demo map so that I can start the final phase before the demo release. There's also a fuckload of features that haven't been mentioned, and will be.. in the real thread. :)

First - I thank all map makers for their time. I truly appreciate the time you spend working on maps.

Second - I feel like I have been tricked by the original poster regarding the progress of the map based on his progress reports. Granted, it COULD have just been me not reading things properly or holding it too highly in anticipation.

Third - Again, I am most likely refering to HIS motivation, as opposed to yours. Making this map is a hobby of yours. You choose to put it aside and conduct matters that are more pressing than a hobby. Fair enough. Giving false progress models and raising my hopes up, to let them fall when I see a new post saying that a "demo" will be released... You have failed me. I.e., you have failed my hopes. There is no boss-like connection, so why would you even bring that up? Does failing someone assume that they're your boss? Clearly we have a different understand of the phrase, and I will not take it back.

Anyways, good luck on the project. It's been 2 years now since I started tracking it. 2 years, and only screenshots and walls of text, when 1.5 years ago it looked like it was getting close to be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.