1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shadows of Everwood - ORPG

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Wolfe, May 4, 2010.

1. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Now that just makes it a paladin.

2. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    In a way, he is a paladin. However, he is also a spellcaster. When I said that the hammer gives him melee leverage, it doesn't mean the Blazing Priest can start hitting things recklessly as his primary stats focus more on spellcasting and healing. He also has no melee-striking spells.

3. UnoriginalPizza

UnoriginalPizza

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would think someone on such a holy quest would not care about stereotypes, if that's what your suggest XD. If your suggesting that the blazing priest thought "gee all spellcasters use staffs, I should totally use a hammer, so I can bash the evil's brains in, even though that's against what I stand for(which from your description sounds like burning evil and healing good)

not that I personally mind it, but if you do give him a hammer, it is much like a paladin, as a paladin is a melee/spellcaster pretty much, but in this case you say he has melee leverage but shouldn't ever exclusively use the hammer, which separates paladin from your class. Also paladins can typically wear better gear then your average cleric. I like the idea, and it gives me an idea; elemental weapon types. You obviously have no concern with giving certain people certain weapons, so you could make it where each class can use certain element(s), and even more, make it so they can only use certain weapon types, I.e your blazing priest dude could use hammers, staves, and, uhm, orbs(w.e that is, sounds interesting) of elements light, fire, and some sort of combination of those, like firelight(like fireflys, you could say that they are in the orbs and make orb-exclusive elements with that). I'm not suggesting to put this in your map really, I'm just using it as an example. Idealism is a hobby.

gee kinda rambled on right there..anyways been watching this map since it was first put in a thread.....can't wait to say the least :grin:

edit: just reread your description, like the way you put fire and light, maybe instead of firelight(which is pretty cheesy) put brightness

again not suggesting this for your map, just doing my hobby

4. Gladius_Tito

Gladius_Tito

Resources:
    Resources:
    You work on a map for a couple of years, then start a new map when sc2 is about to come out? I don't see the logic in that.

Good luck on this map.

5. onisaiyan808

onisaiyan808

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Can't wait.

6. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    StarCraft 2 will have its initial popularity, however WarCraft III will always be alive. The fact that StarCraft 2 is more futuristic/science-fiction means that a whole team of modelers would be required to make a project like this.

That is my logic.

Also - Tukki has almost finished the inventory, will post screenshots of it soon. Still looking for a skilled coder and 3D artist.

Sorry for the accidental doublepost.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  7. light bolt30

light bolt30

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice to here about more progress on the map, hope the alpha test will be ready soon.

8. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, I've decided to update this thread with a few more updates in regards to Shadows of Everwood's progress.

Currently, I am heavily involved with the design of the demo which is estimated to be available sometime during summer. Tukki is at 90% with the inventory, and hopes to be finished within the next day or so.

I have now created eight hero concepts that will be used in the demo, four for each side, with different roles. So far, I have revealed to you the Blazing Priest. I may choose to reveal one of the Fakkani classes eventually, but for now, I leave you with the names of the demo classes. Granted, names are worthless, but I don't feel up to giving everything away. Especially because this is the project recruitment forum, not the map development forum.

Tanking Classes Imperial Crown: Oathbearer
    Fakkani Empire: Juggernaut
    Healing Classes: Imperial Crown: Blazing Priest
    Fakkani Empire: Necromancer
    Ranged Damage Classes: Imperial Crown: Alchemist
    Fakkani Empire: Witch
    Melee Damage Classes: Imperial Crown: Lancer
    Fakkani Empire: Shade

9. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Can you give us more information about the inventory? :)

10. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, I might post a screenshot of it here momentarily.

11. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Waiting for the first screens :)

12. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nearly Finished Inventory
    [​IMG]

Here it is folks! Also, ignore Tukki's descripton of the ring. =P

13. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Looks great, but why didn't you use my inventory then? :p
    CustomInventory
    It looks 90% like it and I've an huge amount of feedback to make it faster, more flexible and easier to implement! It's full MPI, of course, and I have plans to make it MUI.
    (It also has the multiboard stuff, but with icons)

14. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Perhaps, but I haven't tested Tukki's yet. That, and, he's worked really hard to make it for the project.

15. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's how it looks right now:
    CustomInventory

[​IMG]

I plan to add a name area to the top with level + Name and to update the UI.

But your inventory looks also nice :)

16. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^.^ Thanks, I'll tell Tukki you said that.

I'm so tempted to post information on the Alchemist class. >.<

17. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Hmm, I think I really should make model attachments (based on item) for my inventory.

18. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey guys! I have a progress report!

All hero concepts are done, based on the poll I made in the Idea Factory. I'd like to thank all of those people who voted in the poll.

We've begun terraining, granted, not the demo area, but still it is progress. I will probably stop posting in this thread, as not many coders are interested in WC3 anymore. I will post the demo in the Map Dev. forum when it is complete, though. =D

19. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    That's a shame.

20. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is a shame? I'm hoping you didn't mean our progress.