• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[ORPG] Shadows of Everwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Looking forward for this ! But dont abandon this project, like every other bigger project was abandoned on this site... =(

Level 11
Looking forward for this ! But dont abandon this project, like every other bigger project was abandoned on this site... =(

abandon?? thats something new because this project lasted more than a year or maybe 2 dont remember :D all started from Everwood ORPG.. Than the new developers, new name etc... It tooked long time and i followed every step because i was really excited but its going too slow :(.

Level 17
Five years, actually. I was part of Everwood ORPG with RPG, then Tukki, then Oziris, then SoE was born.

Level 15
@.@ kanadaj, you are the master, you even dunno that??

Me? Master? :grin: No, I'm just a triggerer, and I've never really worked with JASS, so I'm far away from it. I develop software in C#, but I lack the time and am too lazy to learn JASS... Actually I've stopped working with Warcraft since half a year ago or so...

But I'm looking forward to this map :)

Level 6
The Save & Load system works by abusing the Preload function.
However for this to work a registry post must be changed, so SoE creates a .bat-files on computers that doesn't allow local files (which is needed).
Running this .bat-file will allow local file access for WC3 from the next startup (of WC3) and onwards.

Since there's a high possibility that players aren't really that fond of running strange .bat-files, it will be possible to load heroes using a regular "-load <code>"-type of command.
When saving, your load code will be displayed, and saved locally if you've enabled the registry tweak.

Just updated the Wizard's abilities with proper interface stat values (Damage/Duration/Heal/..).
Also added placeholder functions for the other classes.
Some optimization to improve in-game setup has been made.
Changed the way we handle randomness and pseudo-randomness. I.e pseudo-randomly-generated items having the same stats every game, but keeping the random quest rewards random.
Might have mentioned this before, but all Boons now have status icons.

I'll post a final update log in a couple of days, detailing all changes made since the past update!

Level 5
The Save & Load system works by abusing the Preload function.
However for this to work a registry post must be changed, so SoE creates a .bat-files on computers that doesn't allow local files (which is needed).
Running this .bat-file will allow local file access for WC3 from the next startup (of WC3) and onwards.

Since there's a high possibility that players aren't really that fond of running strange .bat-files, it will be possible to load heroes using a regular "-load <code>"-type of command.
When saving, your load code will be displayed, and saved locally if you've enabled the registry tweak.

Really interesting work-around you have there, good stuff. And good to see that Wolfe is still showing his face these days!

Level 5
Hi dear fansss, in the past weeks I've been doing models for the terrain, here is some progress

2nurj8x.png

bastion_2.png

suggest all you want ^^

Level 9
Hi dear fansss, in the past weeks I've been doing models for the terrain, here is some progress

2nurj8x.png

bastion_2.png

suggest all you want ^^

the statue isnt fitting and the windows (at least i think that theyre windows^^) look strange in my opinion.

the rest looks really really good.

Level 6
Okay fellas, I'll keep this short and hopefully concise.

What
Wolfe has stepped down from the position of Project Leader, and [highlight]will no longer be a member of the SoE modding team[/code].

Why
Shadows of Everwood is very time consuming, and he will be entering a period with very little spare time.

Consequences
I'm not going to lie here; it's a strong blow and there's a high risk that this project is going on indefinite hiatus.
Don't give up on us yet, though - we've done far too much to let this baby down easily.

What happens next
I'll contact all of our current members that I can, and we will discuss the future of this project.
I'm going to do everything I can to repair the holes in this ship, and get it sailing again.

Level 16
My friend, who's responsible for all the hero backgrounds, item names and descriptions, and a few hero concepts, might be able to help you out with lore and such things, he knows a huge part of the WC3 lore by heart and his imagination is cool. He also speaks English perfectly and fluently.

So if that's what you need then I might be able to patch this hole for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
I've begun updating the OP with the current state of things.

Currently, me and HeroSlayer have decided to continue with Shadows of Everwood.

We have also come up with a new organization-type with a couple of so-called 'Project Managers' who are to make sure our ship doesn't sink.

The plan is to have our old-school members (Tukki, Oziris, HeroSlayer) this role, aside from their own respective roles.

Our other members (The_Witcher, PROXY) will continue as normal.

--

That was our (Tukki, HeroSlayer) idea, and we are trying to get in touch with PROXY, The_Witcher and Oziris.

Since Wolfe handled a great many things, and discussed different subjects with different members, we can probably create a rough map on Wolfe's thoughts.

If this map is enough to build a map on, I cannot say.
However, we're probably going to go through everything, save as much as possible while trying to keep a solid story.

Since lore affects terrain, quests, enemies and bosses, thus also modelling and coding, we want to make sure everything makes sense before going forward.

--

We will keep your offer in mind Luorax, and probably contact you when we have made up or minds!
A big thank you for going out of your way and lending us a hand!

Level 17
I was actually waiting to get a hold of you before making the announcement but oh well!

Next year heralds my final year in high school. I'm not sure how this works in other countries but the results I get in year 12 will ultimately determine what universities I can go to and what courses I can do. It is a very big deal and really deserves the bulk of my attention.

Secondly, I really felt that I wasn't the best person to lead the project. I didn't feel very confident in the project and often kept changing things and making the project more and more ambitious.

SoE does mean a lot to me. I was there in Everwood working with RolePlaynGamer long before everyone else in the team and have spent at least three years working on this project. If Tukki can make it work and get it released then I am 100% confident that this will be one of the greatest ORPGs on WC3.

That being said, I am still willing to help out in designing or finishing things off for the team so they are able to sort through this mess.

Regards,

Wolfe

Level 16
Next year heralds my final year in high school. I'm not sure how this works in other countries but the results I get in year 12 will ultimately determine what universities I can go to and what courses I can do. It is a very big deal and really deserves the bulk of my attention.

I was your age then when I started my own project. Now I gained admission to one of the best programming universities of my country (woulda gained to the best too, but it's situated too far from my home and couldn't afford to live there... :sad panda face:) and a decent project that's one step before the beta release. I did not even take this year seriously - luckily I learn damn fast.

---

You shouldn't take my offering for granted; I'll have to contact Koronis before too, he's also a university student, I could recruit him as we live in the same country and are on quite well terms, but he might refuse to join. I don't know.

It really depends on ourselves... I myself didn't take high school seriously (after I go home, I eat, open my comp, sleep at 8:30 pm)... but I still passed for an engineering course to the best university in our country... though until now I'm still thinking why I took engineering and not programming... XD

since you know yourself the best, you'll be the one to decide how you want to take your final year...

anyway, good luck to the whole team... :)

maybe I could help again when this semester ends (and hopefully I will graduate by then)... I miss working on this a lot... XD

Level 6
We're alive!

Currently discussing how to move forward!
Granted that Wolfe won't be there to pour ideas over us, we want to document as much as possible and the perhaps sit down and discuss potential changes.

We're thinking, and will probably post stuff from time to time when we are ready!

Level 2
We're alive!

Currently discussing how to move forward!
Granted that Wolfe won't be there to pour ideas over us, we want to document as much as possible and the perhaps sit down and discuss potential changes.

We're thinking, and will probably post stuff from time to time when we are ready!

:thumbs_up:
A great project will take much more time!

Level 12
Nobody from the team has said anything for quite a while, and this thread is pretty much dead. I think it's safe to say this project is either paused or dead.

Level 12
That's how it work with a team that knows it's direction. From past experience of this thread, the crew is open to new ideas, changes their mind frequently, and was devoted to the project. Sadly, it seems most of them have gone inactive.

Level 17
Hey guys,

Yeah, we are still alive. Are we progressing heavily? No, not really, we're taking our time. We're writing up a whole lot of documentation before we continue on the map and going through a very intricate review process to ensure that it's what we want and that it's fun and challenging and worth implementing.

That said, Oziris is MIA. We haven't heard from him in quite a while and as such we may be looking for a new Lead Terrainer.

Some spoilers may be coming, but it's up to Tukki. For now, I'm staying on board as Lead Designer and Writer.

Regards,

Wolfe

Level 12
it looks like this will end up like the wc3 wow project especially since you have not finished your terrain yet

Please don't come here and complain about a project that has great potential, and disregard the fact that we are all humans with personal lives that are more important than creating a map for Warcraft III.

Level 5
it looks like this will end up like the wc3 wow project especially since you have not finished your terrain yet

No way, this will not be even close to that project, not like tkok or some other shit. not as long as im the lead artist :ogre_hurrhurr:
Btw I found a way to make terrain models more quickly in 3ds max. we just need the documentation to be finished so we can start the map again.

Status
Not open for further replies.